PDA

View Full Version : TF Pictionary 2 - Revenge of the Scrawlin'

Nightscrabbler
06-18-2008, 10:28 PM
During our Friday pre-convention events we have TFcon Game Night, and this includes Pictionary. Last year TF Pictionary made its deplorable debut and all of you people who can't draw came out and did your absolute worst--or so we thought--as this year you aim to prove you can sink to an all new low.

For you Pictionary noobs, graffiti virgins, artless wonders, here's what goes down. I give you a marker and a clue. You go up to the whiteboard and try your best to communicate with pictures and your team tries to guess. The clue could be a Transformer or anything related to Transformers. For example, if the clue says "Cybertron.ca" you might draw a sunny day and you hunched over your keyboard in a basement typing away and giggling and snorting. Don't worry about being a little incompetent, I know your team will rise to the occasion and manage to only be a little incompetent as well. Or maybe you're a natural hieroglyphics interpreter and your feeble destiny is to guess those clues at a robot convention. Either way, it'll be a memorable experience, especially for your loved ones who enjoy the puzzled look on your face.

If you played last year and have any feedback, that's good too. Shooting down suggestions is one of my favourite pastimes. See you there.

Ninjatron
06-18-2008, 11:45 PM
Revenge of the Scrawlin'
OH I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE!
Very clever! :D

I'll play this time as long as it doesn't start too late.

Sayonara.

jessikaowl
06-19-2008, 04:31 PM
I wanted to ask about the Friday night activities (including this one)...... are there a lot of people that show up? Do ya'll know each other already?

Since I'm a TFCon virgin (not for long though!) I figured I would just take it all in and watch.... for now :)

GMfan
06-19-2008, 04:43 PM
Last year was my first time going for Friday night and I easily joined into the fun and festivities (and I'm the furthest thing for a social person :P)

Aernaroth
06-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Since I'm a TFCon virgin (not for long though!) I figured I would just take it all in and watch.... for now :)

Best thing you can do is to get involved. You'll meet new people and have WAY more fun.

Some of us know eachother, some people are new, but everyone was new at one point, so don't be afraid to join in.

Sideswipe
06-20-2008, 08:35 AM
Ah yes.

I remember the first time I met Guber..... :D

Funny guy, bought more gobots last year than tfs.

jessikaowl
06-20-2008, 02:30 PM
DAMN! I'm working late tonight so I won't be able to make it :(

At least I'll be able to go to the events tomorrow, and next year I'll take both days off! When I thought about it, I totally would have tried the TF pictionary!

Nightscrabbler
06-22-2008, 01:17 PM
Congratulations to the Decepticons and to Guber's Brief Obituary.

I thought it was fun and I'd like to increase the Pictionary potency next year. If you have any feedback, please share.

LordStanley1893
06-22-2008, 06:07 PM
Congratulations to the Decepticons and to Guber's Brief Obituary.

I thought it was fun and I'd like to increase the Pictionary potency next year. If you have any feedback, please share.

This was my 1st TFcon and this event was awesome my friend and I had a ton of fun.

zuffyprime
06-22-2008, 09:05 PM
thanks to everyone for participating in this years pictionary... it gets better and better every year... the more people that participate the "funner" it is... you guys ROCKED!! Thanks to shan for creating all the clues... like "no sacrifice no reward!":D

GMfan
06-22-2008, 10:13 PM
I think my favourite clue was "Rebirth" just for the disturbing drawings people made.....but seriously folks this is supposed to be a family show :P lol

LordStanley1893
06-22-2008, 10:50 PM
I think my favourite clue was "Rebirth" just for the disturbing drawings people made.....but seriously folks this is supposed to be a family show :P lol

:D that was awesome. One of the funniest moments I had at the con.

Nightscrabbler
06-22-2008, 10:51 PM
:D that was awesome. One of the funniest moments I had at the con.

Hey man, what's your name, which team were you on?

I was impressed with a lot of the drawings and people answered some of the hard ones.

LordStanley1893
06-22-2008, 11:50 PM
Hey man, what's your name, which team were you on?

I was impressed with a lot of the drawings and people answered some of the hard ones.

My name is Brad.

I had the black hat & gray t. I was part of Autobots and "Guber's Brief Obituary" lol.

Nightscrabbler
06-24-2008, 01:28 PM
Ok cool, I remember you. You guys played well, everyone did actually.

Ninjatron
06-24-2008, 08:21 PM
It was so much fun and there were many hilarious moments. Some of the terms were pretty much impossible to guess without some kind of context. Maybe giving a category clue to the people guessing, like "location", "character name" or "concept" could help even things out.

Sayonara.

Nightscrabbler
06-25-2008, 09:25 AM
I don't think any of the clues are impossible, it just depends on your creativity. If you can guess Rebirth or Cosmic Rust or Till All Are One you can guess pretty much anything if you have a little bit of TF knowledge. Every clue I put in, I have thought of at least one way you might try to draw it even if you and your team have very limited TF knowledge. And there were still some harder ones that haven't been drawn which we may see next time.

GMfan
06-25-2008, 11:52 AM
Next year when you aren't looking I'm gonna slip in an "Erector" clue and see what happens :P

Nightscrabbler
06-25-2008, 01:16 PM
Ninjatron, I should add that I think your category idea is a good one, but I'm not sure if that would make some clues too easy. Also, one thing is that there are many many characters and fewer of everything from other categories- like phrases, items, people, and other keywords. So the various categories would be unbalanced. However, one idea is to rank the various clues by difficulty, so that when multiple artists are drawing they all have a clue from the same difficulty level. If one person is drawing Cosmic Rust while another person needs to draw Optimus Prime, that's not so fair.

General Tekno
06-25-2008, 03:45 PM
"The Pit" was not easy to draw.

First I drew a literal pit. Failing in that, I started drawing a factory with a conveyor belt pumping out babies.

Nightscrabbler
06-25-2008, 04:33 PM
Hah, I don't know where you were going with the second attempt, but an artist is only as good as his team.
Another way might have been to draw a fruit, like a peach, and then point to its centre, i.e. pit.

energon
06-27-2008, 11:29 PM
Yes, I remember that pit! It was obviously a PIT! But how I guessed "Rebirth" and not the pit I don't know. Everyone drew well on all the teams and I had a great time.

Guber
08-08-2008, 02:17 PM
The best part of pictionary for me was when Mark drew a peach with a nipple and tried to pass it off as a faceplate. Har Har!!!