PDA

View Full Version : U.S. dealers at the con?

chisau
06-17-2008, 09:34 PM
will there be U.S. dealers at the convention willing to accept U.S. currency? I've got $150 in U.S. that i need to spend.

Nightscrabbler
06-18-2008, 12:25 PM
You may find some Canadian dealers willing to accept American money seeing that it is almost at parity and many dealers travel across the border often. But this is in the hands of the dealers. I'm not sure if there will be any dealers from the States.

Edwin
06-18-2008, 08:42 PM
I was a dealer at the last two TFCons and after last year being stopped at the US/Canadian border, our vehicle stripped and searched, and me and my friends harassed by the border patrol staff, it's safe to say I won't be returning as a dealer to this convention. I've done many BotCons and other TF conventions as a dealer to offset the cost of my travels and to trade with my fellow TF fans, but it's just too much of a hassle to haul stuff from the US past the border without paying crazy tariffs on the merchandise you are sending. And sending it through the mail is totally impractical for a table's worth of merchandise. 2006 was a fluke and we got through with very little trouble, but after '07. No more, I'm afraid. Currency wasn't an issue for me, it was just getting the toys there.

Maybe in 2009 I'll just fly there to Toronto, cuz I had lots of fun with my friends and fellow fans. :)

BTW, has anyone heard from battlestarbase?

Mike "E"