PDA

View Full Version : I got this awesome message.

Ninjatron
06-14-2008, 12:27 PM
This came to me from my website contact page.

Hey weaboo, some of us are coming up from the west end to Transformerscon to make sure you don't act creepy around people.... I see your art still sucks. Why do you even BOTHER with Transformers.... your so mainstream gay now.

OH NOES! NOT... THE WEST END?!

Should be entertaining. I look forward to it. And everyone can look forward to more art that still sucks too. :D

Sayonara.

Aernaroth
06-14-2008, 12:36 PM
So... 4chan is coming?

Ninjatron
06-14-2008, 12:47 PM
So... 4chan is coming?
That seems to be the implication, yes. Esspecially since the sender's email address is purported to be "moot@4chan.org" (yeah, right).

Much lulz. Much.

Sayonara.

Nocturn
06-14-2008, 01:09 PM
That guy's a Dick.

Aernaroth
06-14-2008, 01:41 PM
I heard he likes mudkips.

Protoman
06-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Moot is coming to TFcon? I am lost.

Dagimus Prime
06-14-2008, 03:03 PM
So does this mean I'm gonna be seeing a brawl at TFcon? lol

Stormrave
06-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Apparently I dig art that sucks, because I'm looking forward to seeing more of your stuff. :D

Oh yeah...ROCK THE PARKING LOT!!!

Vangelus
06-14-2008, 11:26 PM
Canadians on their way to a Transformers convention making email threats to one guy while pretending to be from 4chan could possibly be the most entertaining con exclusive ever. :cool:

Ninjatron
06-15-2008, 01:54 AM
Apparently I dig art that sucks, because I'm looking forward to seeing more of your stuff. :D
You won't have to wait long. ;)

So does this mean I'm gonna be seeing a brawl at TFcon? lol
One way or another, I'm sure. (http://www.tfu.info/2007/Decepticon/Brawl/brawl.htm)

Canadians on their way to a Transformers convention making email threats to one guy while pretending to be from 4chan could possibly be the most entertaining con exclusive ever.

Ha ha ha. FTW.

I get this sort of thing pretty often, and usually it's quite amusing. Never gotten one where the sender actually claimed to be going where I am going with the sole intention of making sure I don't act creepy.

Well, I am ninja, and as such, it is my right to act creepy! Acting creepy is part of the ninja lifestyle, and I will not stand for such anti-ninja hate-speech.

Sayonara.

Blurrz
06-15-2008, 02:44 AM
Ugh.. nothing's more incompetent than stating your location by saying up. And there's no way in hell someone would say they're from the "West End" of America.

http://seibertron.com/energonpub/images/smilies/hammerhead.gif

edit - BTW, your stuff is great

Aernaroth
06-15-2008, 05:18 PM
Well, I am ninja, and as such, it is my right to act creepy! Acting creepy is part of the ninja lifestyle, and I will not stand for such anti-ninja hate-speech.

Sayonara.

If people notice you being creepy, then you fail at being a ninja.

Magnimus
06-15-2008, 05:27 PM
We better put out an APB for Internet Tough Guys on the loose.

Oreobot
06-18-2008, 12:20 AM
There's an area of Vancouver called the West End.

Ninjatron
06-22-2008, 10:38 AM
At no point did I ever encounter any of these Internet tough guys from the West End. I may be a ninja, but it's not like they couldn't find me, considering that not only I was pointed out to the script reading audience twice, but I also was wearing a shirt that said "Ninjatron" on the back and "SykoGrafix" on the front.

Either the entire thing was a joke as I suspected, or perhaps they caught one look at my now Super Seyian-esque golden mane and figured they had best not mess with me. I think I'll go with the latter.

Too bad though. I've had my own website for 11 years now, and in that time I've gotten tons of hate mail. It could have been interesting to destr... I mean.. have a conversation with one of these people who seems to dislike what I do so much. A missed opportunity. But I have to thank the individual who wrote to me. At the time I was knee deep in trying to finish the comic by the deadline, and I was pretty unsure if it was going to come out ok. Getting a message like that served as motivation to finish and do as good of a job as I could.

Sayonara.

JLvatron
06-23-2008, 12:13 AM
But I have to thank the individual who wrote to me. At the time I was knee deep in trying to finish the comic by the deadline, and I was pretty unsure if it was going to come out ok. Getting a message like that served as motivation to finish and do as good of a job as I could.

Considering the outstanding work you did this year (always do but even more in technicolor), I should pay him again, ...i mean, hope he sends you the message again next year.:p

Seriosouly, whenever some idiot does that again, just remember 2 facts:

1- His/Her hate mail only indicates the pathetic value of their own life. (which is sincerely saddening :( )

and

2- The TFcon voice actor's themselves have heralded your awesome work as impressive. The haters email means squat next to hearing live praise from the real deal. :cool:

Ninjatron
06-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Considering the outstanding work you did this year (always do but even more in technicolor), I should pay him again, ...i mean, hope he sends you the message again next year.:p

Actually in that case I could probably stand to get messages like that everyday! It would probably help.

The haters email means squat next to hearing live praise from the real deal. :cool:

Ain't that the truth. Gregg Berger was totally cool. I'll remember that for a long time.

Anyway, no worries. I never really take it that seriously when I get messages like this. In fact, I like it, hence my calling it "awesome". In some cases, they've lead to some pretty epic confrontations (http://www.sykografix.com/articles/article36/index.html). I guess it's for the best that there was no face-to-face meeting this time, as the world may have cracked in half from all the awesomeness.

Sayonara.