PDA

View Full Version : Will there be an exclusive figure?

Leozak
05-12-2008, 09:19 AM
I hope we hear something soon about an exclusive figure cause that'll be the only reason for me to pre-reg.. or I'll just waltz in at 10 like I normally do :p

TFcon Toronto
05-12-2008, 10:24 AM
Hi leozak,
There will not be an unofficial exclusive figure available via preorder this year but we hope to have something special available for people to purchase at the show.
Thanks.

RavageX-9
05-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Hi leozak,
There will not be an unofficial exclusive figure available via preorder this year but we hope to have something special available for people to purchase at the show.
Thanks.
So nothing like last year? Just wondering what could be special but not exclusive... unless it's something like hand-painted exclusives. (which other non-BotCon conventions have done before. Or maybe it was just DairyCon) I wouldn't be against professionally done custom exclusives. (both in look and durability, at least relative to a custom)

Stormrave
05-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Well you get dealer room early access, entrance into the door prizes....I'm gonna pre-reg.

lazerfish
05-18-2008, 05:59 PM
Huh? Hasbro and TRU are the major sponsors and no exclusive figure?

GMfan
05-18-2008, 08:06 PM
Having them as sponsors alone doesn't necessarily mean there will be an exclusive figure.

JLvatron
05-18-2008, 09:32 PM
Huh? Hasbro and TRU are the major sponsors and no exclusive figure?

TRU do not own Transformers rights or manufacture them, so they have little to do with making exclusive figures.
And as GM said, Hasbro presence does not equal exclusives.

...BUT, there is no harm in asking them about it. Hearing from Canadian fans is important to them, so feel free to make your voice heard, friend. :)

GMfan
05-18-2008, 09:49 PM
JL speaks the truth, let your opinions be voiced and you can submit your questions for Hasbro here:

tfcon@mountaincable.net

Make your subject line: TFcon Hasbro Panel Question

lazerfish
05-20-2008, 04:13 PM
I just think that in order to legitimize this event that we should have a Toronto exclusive figure. Something to make our American friends jealous. I figure that between Hasbro the owner of Transformers brand in Canada and Canada's biggest toy store, that they and the event organizers could have come up with something special. A lost opportunity, especially when you have corporate sponsorship on your side.

I am not asking for anything earth shattering here. Heaven forbid a brand new mould! Botcon seems to do quite well with repaints...so why can't we follow suit? Blue and white are the civic colours of Toronto...so why not a blue and white repaint of something from the Cybertron or Classics line? Profits from the sale could also be used towards making next years event even bigger and better!

BTW...been in many TRU's lately hunting down Movie and Animated figures and haven't seen ANY TFCON promo material....

GMfan
05-20-2008, 04:26 PM
It's not a simple as just saying "we want a figure!" and Hasbro gives it to us. To get a figure we need factories to make them, exclusive figures aren't easy to obtain. Don't think the TFcon staff hasn't been trying though. Also it seems our promo material is popular so my advice is get there sooner.

JLvatron
05-20-2008, 06:02 PM
I just think that in order to legitimize this event that we should have a Toronto exclusive figure. Something to make our American friends jealous.

While an excl toy is always nice, TFcon has been a legitimate Transformers convention for years. While many fans attend both the US and Canadian conventions, we still have some specialties that BotCon doesn't always have.

Including:

- Closer panel session with the Voice Actor
- The Free Friday events
- Video recording ALLOWED for Most panels :)
- easy access for Dealers
- Voice Actor performance :)
- Fan auditions for the script reading
- Walk-in participation for Trivia sessions
- the ever-popular Customizing panel, open to all attendees
- the ONLY panel for a Transformers movie producer at a TF convention, EVER! :eek:

and there's alot more to draw in folks for a great time and exclusive experience.

As for the toy, again you are encouraged to ask Hasbro about it, mon ami :cool: . While getting an exclusive toy is no walk in the park, the more Hasbro hears about a demand from fans, the greater the chances. :)

Aernaroth
05-20-2008, 07:50 PM
I just think that in order to legitimize this event that we should have a Toronto exclusive figure. Something to make our American friends jealous. I figure that between Hasbro the owner of Transformers brand in Canada and Canada's biggest toy store, that they and the event organizers could have come up with something special. A lost opportunity, especially when you have corporate sponsorship on your side.

I really don't think making americans jealous should be a focus of any convention, canadian or not. And besides, a lot of americans come up for the show. Furthermore, sponsorship comes in varying degrees, and doesn't always mean they're going to give you everything you want. Especially considering Botcon has hasbro's official north american license for transformers. Can you think of a convention that gets exclusive hasbro toys that doesn't have that (San Diego Comic Con doesn't count, unfortunately, since its the world's largest convention of any kind, pretty much)?

Nightscrabbler
05-20-2008, 11:23 PM
All I will say is that an exclusive figure is always a cool thing, but things can't just happen at the snap of a finger, relationships take time to build. And in order to do things the right way, there needs to be measured control, one step at a time, for all parties involved.

Aern, I don't think lazerfish meant the jealousy thing seriously.

RavageX-9
05-29-2008, 11:15 PM
I know it's a chicken and egg situation that requires building up momentum, but pre-registration would be higher with exclusive toys like BotCon has. :) (which requires higher and earlier pre-registration, and something with which 3H struggled for years, until FP came along and plopped down a load of money and expected all the attendees to do the same. and we also see how well the first year exclusives did. *chuckle* )

Robimus
05-30-2008, 01:49 AM
My understanding is that the exclusive figures cost a lot of money to produce(repaint). The Manitoba Comiccon looked into a number of avenues for exclusive figures/items from several sources(Hasbro, Gentle Giant) and found the prices to be very prohibitive.

GMfan
05-30-2008, 10:17 AM
This thread question will be addressed at TFcon.

Sunstar
05-30-2008, 11:01 AM
if its an exclusive, then I think it should be like what botcon gets. lets make those a bit more available.

Aernaroth
05-30-2008, 01:09 PM
If they were more available, they wouldn't be as exclusive, however. :P