PDA

View Full Version : Calgary - City Commander Armor Group Buy

hugh_da_man
05-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Hey everyone,

A couple of us Calgarians are doing a group buy of the City Commander armor from TFSource.

It's a considerable savings on shipping (at least $10 savings on shipping per person) and I've been asking about quantity pricing but haven't heard back yet.

Payment to be worked out but probably just pay me in person when we meet to deliver the armor in September. If we get a lot of people interested in this then I may take a slight downpayment just to make sure I'm not stuck with a bunch in the end.

So far it's me, jourdo, BadJeff, and Euroflip getting one of these.

I'll update as I get more info about quantity pricing and all of that.

Post or PM me if you're interested.

Pascal
05-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Since the set is supposed to be sold by all stores at a fixed price, I doubt you will get quantity pricing. Combined shipping, more than likely, so that's still a few bucks off the total price one would pay after shipping.

hugh_da_man
05-05-2008, 09:26 PM
The guy at TFSource says that quantity pricing starts at a case which is 12...he didn't say how much so I'm waiting on that still.

Like Pascal says though, it probably won't be much if anything at all.

hugh_da_man
05-06-2008, 01:19 AM
Update: Removed

PM me for details of price

Dark Rage
05-06-2008, 01:26 AM
But shipping it to people in other cities just might negate the savings.

I should've tried to make a Toronto one, d'oh.

Tech Spec
05-06-2008, 01:35 AM
I did a group buy for the MP Megatron add on kit and paid $55 shipped. It was a big group buy and TF Source shipped to different addresses across the US and Canada.

Find out if you can do this for all Provinces and not just Alberta. If ya can count me in.

Dark Rage
05-06-2008, 01:49 AM
Damn, if only I could cancel my order ask tell them i'm joining you, lol

noodle
05-06-2008, 03:19 AM
...Find out if you can do this for all Provinces and not just Alberta. If ya can count me in.

consider me in as well if that's the case. :)

Leozak
05-06-2008, 09:28 AM
I'll take one too, if you're allowing other provinces in on this :)

y2jversion1
05-06-2008, 09:35 AM
Does anyone know how much to ship to Toronto from Calgary? if it's around $75-80 total, I'll take 2

chans formers
05-06-2008, 09:49 AM
id like to jump on this wagon also if its not too late.i also prefer the cash method in person as im still pretty new to computers and stuff so i still dont know how/do pay pal or ebay.is there no other way to get it before september or is that the tentative release date?

ne0
05-06-2008, 12:00 PM
I did a group buy for the MP Megatron add on kit and paid $55 shipped. It was a big group buy and TF Source shipped to different addresses across the US and Canada.

Find out if you can do this for all Provinces and not just Alberta. If ya can count me in.

Count me in too, if you can do it for all provinces, if not maybe someone from toronto can organize something.

hugh_da_man
05-06-2008, 12:18 PM

Question asked. I will update when I get an answer.

If this works I imagine we could probably order 2 cases...lol

max99d
05-06-2008, 04:08 PM
If your shipping to Brampton/Toronto, count me in for 2 of them please.

hugh_da_man
05-07-2008, 01:56 PM
Update: Shipping can be done to multiple addresses. Keep in mind that you won't save on shipping if you are getting one shipped to you directly as discount shipping is only on bigger orders. If we can do combined shipping to different areas (ie. Toronto, Calgary, etc) then there is still the ability to save on shipping.

PM me if you're interested for sure and with the quantity and location. I'll form a list from the PMs and this thread. I already have jourdo, BadJeff, and Euroflip as "for sures" but now that everything has been confirmed it'd be great if people who are serious could PM me.

Also for payment I'm thinking of some kind of downpayment system but would be open to ideas from others on how to do this (first group buy for me). Check my feedback I've been here for a while though.

Thanks and don't forget to PM me.

noodle
05-07-2008, 04:19 PM
Update: Shipping can be done to multiple addresses. Keep in mind that you won't save on shipping if you are getting one shipped to you directly as discount shipping is only on bigger orders. If we can do combined shipping to different areas (ie. Toronto, Calgary, etc) then there is still the ability to save on shipping.

PM me if you're interested for sure and with the quantity and location. I'll form a list from the PMs and this thread. I already have jourdo, BadJeff, and Euroflip as "for sures" but now that everything has been confirmed it'd be great if people who are serious could PM me.

Also for payment I'm thinking of some kind of downpayment system but would be open to ideas from others on how to do this (first group buy for me). Check my feedback I've been here for a while though.

Thanks and don't forget to PM me.

So discount shipping does apply to different addresses around Canada as long as the City Commander Armor is purchased in bulk? and Does the final price depend on the number of people willing to do a group buy?

hugh_da_man
05-07-2008, 07:19 PM
So discount shipping does apply to different addresses around Canada as long as the City Commander Armor is purchased in bulk? and Does the final price depend on the number of people willing to do a group buy?

I believe so if I'm interpreting the emails I'm getting correctly.

Basically if you order one it's $20 shipping. If you order 2 it's $24 shipping. Since we're already ordering 5 to Calgary the combined shipping cost is like $36 to Calgary. So if someone wants one and is not in Calgary you get quantity price but pay full shipping (note shipping prices may increase as the amount he's quoting me is only an estimate and he thinks shipping costs might increase a little by then).

The final price is set provided we have at least 12 ordered as there are 12 to a case. What isn't clear to me yet is if we still get the quantity price on the 13th or do we need to order in full case increments. I will update when I know.

Dark Rage
05-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Is there a way to join even though you preordered with them already? I wish I could get the price difference tho, lol.

noodle
05-07-2008, 08:37 PM
I believe so if I'm interpreting the emails I'm getting correctly.

Basically if you order one it's $20 shipping. If you order 2 it's $24 shipping. Since we're already ordering 5 to Calgary the combined shipping cost is like $36 to Calgary. So if someone wants one and is not in Calgary you get quantity price but pay full shipping (note shipping prices may increase as the amount he's quoting me is only an estimate and he thinks shipping costs might increase a little by then).

The final price is set provided we have at least 12 ordered as there are 12 to a case. What isn't clear to me yet is if we still get the quantity price on the 13th or do we need to order in full case increments. I will update when I know.

ahhh... okay, so basically there needs to be at least a few members from Winnipeg interested in the armor to save on shipping. May I ask what the quantity price is for City Commander Armor is [per unit]?

crimbot
05-08-2008, 12:01 AM
Noodle, I'll get in on a Winnipeg buy if that helps. I haven't pre-ordered yet from any site, so this is as good a time as any if it helps out! Count me in!!!

Leozak
05-08-2008, 12:03 AM
PM'd.. I'm ordering 1 myself.

noodle
05-08-2008, 12:29 AM
Noodle, I'll get in on a Winnipeg buy if that helps. I haven't pre-ordered yet from any site, so this is as good a time as any if it helps out! Count me in!!!

PM'd.. I'm ordering 1 myself.

awesome! hopefully we can find a few more local members interested in getting the city commander armor to save a bit more on shipping. hugh_da_man put me down for one... sending you a PM asap.

CobraCommander
05-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Count me in (for 2x) in Ontario - GTA area... also if it helps reduce costs for s/h I would be willing to get the bulk order (for GTA area) and distribute to other members in the area, perhaps simply by meeting up at TFCON or a local TRU/Walmart? :D

hugh_da_man
05-08-2008, 01:24 PM
Count me in (for 2x) in Ontario - GTA area... also if it helps reduce costs for s/h I would be willing to get the bulk order (for GTA area) and distribute to other members in the area, perhaps simply by meeting up at TFCON or a local TRU/Walmart? :D

Thanks CC I'm tracking locations and everything so when it's all finalized we should be able to group people as best as possible for shipping.

I've PM'd everyone who has PM'd me. I will follow up with people who haven't PM'd me but have posted in this thread (later in the day today) to see if there is still interest.

Again, if you want to know the price PM me. I've removed the price at the request of the place we're ordering from.

Thanks and I'll update as I get any new info. I'm also going to come up with a cut off day for people to get in on this so that I can do the order and guarantee our pre-order is fulfilled.

brr-icy
05-08-2008, 05:32 PM
pm'd you

hugh_da_man
05-08-2008, 06:25 PM
btw, people have pm'd about maybe doing a meetup at TFCon for delivery. Unfortunately, I'm not going to make it to TFCon this year. Also this set isn't shipping till September from everything I've seen so they probably won't be here before TFCon.

Just thought I'd make note of it.

jourdo
05-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Are we officially a go on this? Am I safe to cancel my preorder with BBTS?

Iron Moose
05-09-2008, 11:39 AM
I am interested. I am also in Ottawa.

hugh_da_man
05-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Are we officially a go on this? Am I safe to cancel my preorder with BBTS?

The order isn't in yet but I'm not seeing any reason why it wouldn't be a go.

hugh_da_man
05-15-2008, 06:29 PM
Sorry for taking a bit to update but I've been waiting on emails.

So the update is that payment has to be made at the time of pre-ordering so I'll probably collect from everyone before ordering. I could've floated a couple on my credit card but I can't float the 15 or whatever we're looking at ordering.

There is really no rush to pre-order as they don't see the pre-order selling out any time soon.

I'll post a list of everyone ordering and their locations later on so that we can arrange how shipping is going to work.

I'm aiming to have everything all settled out by the end of next week if that works? Then I can put the order through on the weekend of the 24th. (dependent on how payment goes...maybe the next week but I'll set a deadline for payment by this weekend).

I'll take paypal, cash, money order, etc as payment but if it's paypal do you guys mind if I tack on the percentage paypal takes (it was something like 3 or 4% right?) because it'll probably add up.

Shipping arrangements have to be settled before we'll have a final price for everyone (if you're able to get in on a combined shipment it'll save you money). So far I think there is combined shipment possibilites for GTA, Winnipeg, and Calgary but I'll post the names and such in a bit so we can figure it all out.

Thanks everyone and here's hoping it all moves smoothly. :)

-Mike

y2jversion1
05-16-2008, 10:03 AM
Thanks for coordinating this Hugh

CobraCommander
05-18-2008, 03:00 AM
Yeah HDM, you truly are the Da Man :D

P.S. Maybe you should change the thread title to exclude "Calgary", cause initially I thought this Group Buy was only for that location and others might have the same impression.

hugh_da_man
05-20-2008, 01:23 PM
Yeah HDM, you truly are the Da Man :D

P.S. Maybe you should change the thread title to exclude "Calgary", cause initially I thought this Group Buy was only for that location and others might have the same impression.

hmm...don't know if I can change the thread title. Probably a mod thing.

So, I think I have everything settled out for this. We need to pay upfront for everything so I'll need to collect upfront from people once we have the shipping prices settled out. If that's not cool with you then let me know and I can take you off the list. I'll also tack on the paypal fees to the final price because I hope not to lose any money on the deal and I think paypal takes a bit.

Below are the people and locations so if we can figure out where things are getting shipped to that'd be great. If you want yours shipped directly to you it's $20, if you want it shipped to one of the combined shipping locations (there should be a combined shipping arrangement for Winnipeg, GTA, and Calgary so far) then it will be less than $20 and probably closer to $9 each.

People, location and quantity desired listed below:

Loezak - Winnipeg 1
noodle - Winnipeg 1
crimbot - Winnipeg 1
chans_formers - Calgary 2
hughdaman - Calgary 2
Euroflip - Calgary 1
BadJeff - Calgary 1
jourdo - Calgary 1
Laquah - Calgary/Vancouver 1
CrackerBoy - Kitchener 1
max99d - Brampton 2
CobraCommander - Mississauga 2
brr-icy - GTA 1
Ondoher Prime - Hamilton 2?
ne0 - Mississauga 2
y2jversion1 - Toronto 2
kakit - Toronto 1?

CC can you still handle the combined shipment for the GTA? Who is handling the Winnipeg one (I think you guys said you'd be able to arrange one)?

Thanks and more updates to follow I'm sure.

Sorry for the amount of time it's taking to settle it out but I'm waiting on emails and also trying to still live a normal life while sorting everything out...lol

-Mike

hugh_da_man
05-20-2008, 01:26 PM
PS: If I have your location or quantity wrong then let me know and I'll update it.

(Sorry for the second post but I wanted to stress this and not have it lost in the previous long post).

kakit
05-25-2008, 09:27 AM
Can ya add me to the list and PM me the paypal account to make my payment? Thanks.

faustx
06-22-2008, 02:21 AM
If it's still possible I'd love to get in on this for 2 sets...can prepay by Paypal on confirmation of acceptance into the buy...saw the painted armour at the 'con today....looked so freakin sick.

Also, if Walter is collecting the GTA order, great....otherwise I can also do.

James

crimbot
10-03-2008, 09:07 AM
We must be getting close now.... Its starting to show up!!

chans formers
10-03-2008, 09:19 PM
its so close i can almost smell the fresh paint!!!!!thanks again hdm!!!!

Stoneclaw
10-03-2008, 11:43 PM
can i still get in on this?

CrackerBoy
10-07-2008, 03:38 PM
anyone hear anything about these yet?

jourdo
10-10-2008, 11:28 AM
It is getting cold her in Calgary and Magnus looks naked without his overcoat. ;)

Any word on these guys yet?

BadJeff
10-10-2008, 02:07 PM
Hugh Da Man where are you??

CrackerBoy
10-10-2008, 05:58 PM
I got an e-mail from him asking to confirm my shipping address...it said they hopefully will be shipped next week.

crimbot
10-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Soon Soon SOon SoOn.....

crimbot
10-22-2008, 08:53 PM
Has anyone heard from HughDaMan?? I haven't and Ultra Magnus looks tiny...

chans formers
10-22-2008, 09:50 PM
he pm'd me back a week and a half ago.he said he was just waiting for "curt at tfsource".the minute it all gets sent out and arrives he's going to send out a mass pm.

hugh_da_man
10-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Sorry guys, the most I've had time for lately has been to just respond to PMs.

I sent out an update PM today. I caused a little bit of a delay (day or two because we didn't get into the queue ahead of all the other orders or something like that) due to being busy in the past few weeks but the shipper has all our information and payment and should be sending our orders out sometime this week.

Again, sorry for the delay and not responding to this thread but my TF buying has been killed lately by new house purchases...who would've thought you could drop $5000 in a weekend and still need to buy more furniture?

Like I said in the PM, I'll update you when I hear that they've been shipped.