PDA

View Full Version : classics fortress maximus wip

chans formers
04-09-2008, 10:44 PM
this is the one that keeps me up late at night.(sorry for the blurry pic,i suck at photography)his total height in bot mode is 4 and a half feet tall.standing to the side of him is movie leader class prime just to help show the scale of fort max.(another project):D ol maxie is able to transform into his other modes like his g1 counterpart.a g1 snapdragon is being sacrificed for cerebros/head.another part of this custom thats really starting to suck is reworking all the different electronics gutted from other"donors"into it.i still have lots of long nights ahead of me but what do you guys think of this project?(be gentle..)ill try to take better pics soon.

UPDATE:still pluggin away at this guy,but now ive hit a snag:(i cant find anything salvagable/sizable for his hands.i tried armada unicrons but that just looked totally wrong.short of making them entirely from styrene(which i dont want to),does anyone know of any giant robotic hands roughly around the size of a 10 year olds?knock offs even??if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.for now,here's some pics of where this project sits.it's almost to the point where everything else done to it will be cosmetic and not structural.all of the wiring for the different lights and sounds are almost finished too:Dnow if i could only find suitable hands....
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/chansformers/1168.jpg
this is roughly a comparison with dirtboss for the size of hands i need to find/make.
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/chansformers/1167.jpg
still have to "thicken" his legs up a bit more along with his upper thighs.it just kinda sucks because when he transforms into city mode,anything on his upper thighs will just get crushed:(cc is in the pic just for size comparison.
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/chansformers/1165.jpg

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/chansformers/1164.jpg

dak
04-10-2008, 12:02 AM
Very nice so far. one suggestion I have is to bulk up the lower legs a bit, and shorten the upper legs ever so slightly. Do you have the original figure? If you do, It might be a good idea to use it to scale up. but that's only if you are replicating it.

onecoin
04-10-2008, 12:37 AM
Nice. Keep it up.

chans formers
08-26-2008, 12:59 AM
updated with some pics of how cerebros is coming along.almost done bashing the maxes head mode and soon ill start on cerebros's bot mode.because im using g1 snapdragon as the base of the head he ends up being bigger than the original cerebros.theres still alot more to go before hes done though.that and i keep doing other projects whenever i get sick of working on this one which seems to happen more frequently now.:o

Nocturn
08-26-2008, 12:15 PM
Can't believe I haven't commented on this yet... Looks sweet. Gotta be one of the biggest customs out there. keep it up!

Cliffjumper69
08-27-2008, 09:16 AM
The head looks awesome, cant wait to see it finished :D

CJ

Terrorcon_King
08-27-2008, 11:46 AM
WOW! thats all that comes to mind!
Especally on the head!

chans formers
03-26-2009, 07:52 PM
updated with more recent pics.does anyone know where to get robotic hands the size of a 10 year olds???(im serious;p)

zuffyprime
03-26-2009, 10:02 PM
bro... I couldn't believe it when I saw the title... badass man, bad ass!

Bruticus82
03-26-2009, 10:06 PM
:-o

chans formers
03-27-2009, 10:06 AM
bro... I couldn't believe it when I saw the title... badass man, bad ass!thanks man!!wait till i finally get to start priming and painting:Dnow for hands..........

JLvatron
05-22-2009, 12:58 PM
This is awesome, Chans!

Don't mean to be a trouble maker, but does Cerebros have his cartoon Transformation of a computer station?
If not, some well placed stickers of computer parts may do most of the trick.

chans formers
05-22-2009, 01:31 PM
This is awesome, Chans!

Don't mean to be a trouble maker, but does Cerebros have his cartoon Transformation of a computer station?
If not, some well placed stickers of computer parts may do most of the trick.
all c/c's are always welcome my friend.at the moment though,cerebros can only tform from bot mode to giant head mode,but now i may have to look into the computer mode thing.i like that idea!:)(just kinda sucks figuring out where to continue on this giant project.i do have actual hands in the works finally (big arse thanks to np!!:D),then its onto a bit more electronics,then a helluva lotta filler/detailing before finally priming.(it's sometimes good and bad that i have so many differtent projects on the go at once.good cause when i get sick of working on one,i can switch it up and work on another one.bad cause the hard part sometimes is trying to remember/figure out where i left off on a certain project.but i'm working to hopefully get this bad boy finished and painted before the end of summer.(hopefully:o:D)

jourdo
05-22-2009, 02:07 PM
but i'm working to hopefully get this bad boy finished and painted before the end of summer.(hopefully:o:D)

My only question is how are you going to haul this badboy down to TFcon next year? You'll have to buy him his own seat on the plane. :p

Aernaroth
05-22-2009, 02:16 PM
updated with more recent pics.does anyone know where to get robotic hands the size of a 10 year olds???(im serious;p)

Hockey gloves, maybe? Use them as a form base and then cover them in laquer or resin or something?

Failing that, what about those "big rig blasters"? That's way too big, and doesn't have the detail you'd want though.

What about those "robo hand" things you see at dollar stores? Might be a bit skeletal for what you're doing, though.

chans formers
05-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Hockey gloves, maybe? Use them as a form base and then cover them in laquer or resin or something?

Failing that, what about those "big rig blasters"? That's way too big, and doesn't have the detail you'd want though.

What about those "robo hand" things you see at dollar stores? Might be a bit skeletal for what you're doing, though.i ended up taking np's advice and using a building kit called "struxx".the set has the perfect sized ginormous ball joints i can use for the main skeleton of the hands,so i just have to build them up with styrene and shortstrand fiberglass.once they're finished, they should be able to easily grasp deluxe sized bots,maybe even voyager sized ones too:D!!