PDA

View Full Version : Your suggestions for TFcon 2008?

TFcon Toronto
03-25-2008, 10:28 AM
We are always looking for feedback from the attendees of TFcon as to how we can improve the convention. Feel free to post any suggestions here or email us through our website.
Thanks!

onecoin
03-25-2008, 12:20 PM
Bring it to Winnipeg!

Super_Megatron
03-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Bring it to Winnipeg!

It's called TFcon Toronto for a reason. :) It's easier for you to come to Toronto.

purple-bot
03-25-2008, 02:55 PM
well this will be my 5th tfcon
gets better every year
i would love to see dak's kitbash class
(if we can get that together)

have a contest on friday night
and the prizes will be advanced dealer room access to like 2 or 3 ppl
let them in like 5 mins before the public

that would be sweet lol

brr-icy
03-25-2008, 05:28 PM
super megs mentioned a cybertron.ca meet and greet, that would be a good idea

dak
03-25-2008, 05:55 PM
i would love to see dak's kitbash class
(if we can get that together)

Usually the first or 2nd panel on Saturday Morning. Hope you can make it!

Super_Megatron
03-25-2008, 06:59 PM
super megs mentioned a cybertron.ca meet and greet, that would be a good idea

Ya, we should do a Cybertron.ca group photo this year.

Stormrave
03-26-2008, 09:00 PM
A little more organization for the art show.

I'd like to have clearer instructions on when I should be setting up, and when I should be picking up, and to have an announcement at the end of the con so we know who won.

I do, however, like the fact that the art tables have had very good security at the last two cons and are in a location where lots of people get to see them.

Oh, are we going to be watching the TF Movie DVD this year, the way we watched the animated movie last year?

Guber
04-29-2008, 06:52 PM
I'd like to see more naked reindeer this year... but maybe that's just me.

Aernaroth
04-29-2008, 10:31 PM
I'd like to see more naked reindeer this year... but maybe that's just me.

If this means what I think it means, no.

Protoman
04-30-2008, 03:06 AM
If this means what I think it means, no.

*facepalm*

ANYHOW. While the show can't be stretched on longer. Maybe making the friday a little more active. TFcon sometimes seems too much like a trade show, the friday really makes it break away from that by having all those social events.

Shadow-1
04-30-2008, 08:05 AM
I think it would be great to have some kind of get together on the friday night. It would give us a chance to put some faces to the names, maybe do a little trading before the show? Anyone got a small Omega supreme yellow clip?!

Nightscrabbler
04-30-2008, 10:48 AM
I think it would be great to have some kind of get together on the friday night. It would give us a chance to put some faces to the names, maybe do a little trading before the show? Anyone got a small Omega supreme yellow clip?!

As in previous years, there will be the free fan Friday which includes the prolific Parts Party.

Improving Friday night depends a lot upon people telling us what they want to do, what they think is fun, and coming up with ideas (and volunteering if interested).

jourdo
04-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Move it out west? :p

Edit: Missed onecoin's post and SMEG's response. :(

Fussion
05-18-2008, 12:17 PM
This may sound stupid but,

Have "Hello my name is" tags with their Board names on them (Hello my name is Fussion). After talking to some people I found several members but you really only know them by the Board names.

What do you think?

GMfan
05-18-2008, 12:58 PM
If you want to put on a name tag feel free too but not everyone may be comfortable with that. If its any consolation most of the staff will have their board names on.

Fussion
05-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Makes sense, I forgot to put optional not mandatory :)

TFcon Toronto
05-18-2008, 02:25 PM
This may sound stupid but,

Have "Hello my name is" tags with their Board names on them (Hello my name is Fussion). After talking to some people I found several members but you really only know them by the Board names.

What do you think?

Not at all, and in fact we do plan to have Hello my name is tags available for those that want to make use of them. Thanks.

Sideswipe
05-19-2008, 02:32 AM
When people were playing Guitar Hero last year, did they bring their own tvs, or did they borrow from the hotel?

I would really like to take part in that this year, as I arived at the last minute right before parts party, and then ended up being swamped by it.

OH BY THE WAY!!! Whoever it was that I traded my Japanese Rapid Run to last year, I have the packaging that it came in available. If you like, I can bring it, and you can just have it. =)

JLvatron
05-19-2008, 04:04 PM
When people were playing Guitar Hero last year, did they bring their own tvs, or did they borrow from the hotel?

I would really like to take part in that this year, as I arived at the last minute right before parts party, and then ended up being swamped by it.

They brought their own. As fun as it sounds, we don't recommend removing tv's from the hotel rooms. :p

As for game night, it's the same 3-hour slot as parts trading; same as last year. Hope you can allocate time for both! :)

Iron Moose
05-19-2008, 07:25 PM
I think it would be really neat if, somehow, dealers could be encouraged to read the shipping list thread here and contact prospective buyers directly.

brr-icy
05-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Ya, we should do a Cybertron.ca group photo this year.
will it be on saturday?

GMfan
05-19-2008, 08:13 PM
More then likely since thats when most people will be there