PDA

View Full Version : movie style insecticons

chans formers
03-23-2008, 01:02 PM
not sure if anybodys tried this yet but heres my take on them.sacrificial lambs are armada megs,all 3 g1 insecticons,3 movie dlx dropkicks,and assorted bits.bombshells gun is actually made up out of g1 kickbacks leg.shrapnel and kickbaks guns used to belong to their g1 versions.once the clear fully hardens then its onto vinyl stripes and details.vehicle mode pics soon...(back from the show now.first off,thank you to all who voted for me.sorry i didnt post alt pics sooner as i just finished detailing them 2 hours before our flight left for toronto.i didnt attach the extra pieces to them in vehicle modes as i liked the fact it kinda looks like theyre all hauling junk in the back box.both bombshell and shrapnels stripes do the funky color change in proper lighting while kickbacks stripes are just metallic cherry red.the stripes are all automotive grade vinyls so theyll last for at least 10 years in the sun and forever in a display case.thank you all once again for voting them fan choice of the show!!!

bluefrenzy
03-23-2008, 04:10 PM
Wow, those look good. They look like they've got a lot of bulk to them and are ready to rumble! I like Bombshell the best.

Nightscrabbler
03-23-2008, 04:23 PM
I agree, excellent work.
If you can post higher quality pictures in the next phase, that would be great.

Robimus
03-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Those are awesome :D.

dak
03-23-2008, 07:49 PM
sweet!

onecoin
03-23-2008, 09:18 PM
Burrrry nice, burrrry, burry nice.

ptitvite
03-26-2008, 08:39 PM
Hey that's great! Surprised to see that the G1 heads don't look too small for these big bodies...Actually, they fit quite well!!
Very well done!!

My 3rd post!:)

faustx
06-23-2008, 04:29 AM
Hey, do you have pics of the alternate modes?

maximanigel
06-23-2008, 09:00 AM
wow man, pretty good. they do look like they're from the movies

Nemesis Predaking
06-23-2008, 05:51 PM
Congrats on 2nd palce at TFCon, man

chans formers
06-24-2008, 04:28 PM
Congrats on 2nd palce at TFCon, man
thanks,you did pretty good yourself!!!

Paradigm-Shift Prime
06-27-2008, 10:39 PM
I saw these @ TFcon as you were taking them back and tfing them back to alt mode. They were very slick seeing them in person. The have a rustic sort of look that suits the Insecticons (flat paint and lots of black?). Sweet work man!

chans formers
06-27-2008, 11:22 PM
thanks.i liked your universe g2 sideswipe in person as well!

plowking
08-16-2014, 08:45 PM
these are still some of my favorite custom Insecticons to date.

chans formers
08-16-2014, 09:38 PM
dayum brotha,these bots be almost 6 years old now.
glad you still like them.they're still in their exact shapes,albeit a tad dustier now as they've been in the detolfs now with their fellow insecticon bretheren since they came back from toronto in 08:D(they even have a recently new playmate courtesy of somebody i know who's got a big ol' beard:canada:)

Wheeljack Off
08-17-2014, 01:06 AM
dayum brotha,these bots be almost 6 years old now.
glad you still like them.they're still in their exact shapes,albeit a tad dustier now as they've been in the detolfs now with their fellow insecticon bretheren since they came back from toronto in 08:D(they even have a recently new playmate courtesy of somebody i know who's got a big ol' beard:canada:)

Santa!
Was it Santa?

plowking
08-17-2014, 09:20 AM
(they even have a recently new playmate courtesy of somebody i know who's got a big ol' beard:canada:)
6 or 60 years old, they'll still look great O.

so old SAL is fitting in well with his bros huh?...:D

chans formers
08-17-2014, 09:47 AM
6 or 60 years old, they'll still look great O.

so old SAL is fitting in well with his bros huh?...:D
lolz,he is,even going so far as challenging leadership of the "swarm";)

between the insecticon swarm and g1 seacon armies i got going,i'm not sure which baddies have more numbers now....and you're not helping:p
(sooner or later i may end up combining a whole mass of the insecticons;))

Rodimus Prime1
08-18-2014, 02:22 PM
Now it's late but.

Great work, love the bot mode, not sold about them being trucks through.(I think they needed to fly, maybe drones)but that is just me.

But I do like that there the same truck, excellent though!!