PDA

View Full Version : Frank Welker VIP Ticket System

fazemanpress
04-06-2016, 04:01 PM
The tickets went on sale today for TFCON 2016 and Frank Welker VIP. Wow i'm very disappointed on the way how they organized it this year to buy VIP Tickets for Frank Welker.

You first have to purchase weekend pass for $50 and then get VIP ticket for $175, wow really? talk about TFCON turning into Botcon in the near future.

Last year was alot easier, you just buy what time you wanted to vip session with Peter Cullen and you just bought the ticket, not extra cost of weekend pass.

i volunteer each year and help out, and dont need to buy a weekend pass, i just need vip pass for Frank Welker. And what if somebody can only attend a Saturday just to come see Frank, i hope they change this option soon and people complain about. Not everyone has extra cash to burn, some on budget too.

Frank Welker has been childhood icon of mine would have love to meet him but not paying extra $50 for something i dont't need. I hope they change this.

Thanks

Faze

Sunstar
04-06-2016, 04:15 PM
I do find it a bit more awkward as there is no option to buy a second pass, unless you get the 50 dollar and at tfcon sell that weekend pass - say to me - for my husband for the 50 and bob's your uncle. That's the only thing I can think of. Since I am not paying for him to see welker.

I preferred event brite. I am not sure how I am going to get my tickets.

coralreef
04-06-2016, 05:27 PM
I'm kind of disappointed too. Last year was much better, the pricing for meeting Mr. Cullen included the week-end pass. This would be a $75 price jump from last year. And the ticket to meet Mr. Welker is only available for those who buy the week-end pass? I'm spending the week-end anyway, but for those who would like to only come by for one day, that is steep.

I'll wait a couple of days before getting my ticket, that makes a gouge in the budget.

Edit: my total would be $260.00 because they're adding taxes on top of the $175. So, jump of $100 from last year.

wervenom
04-06-2016, 05:34 PM
Edit: my total would be $260.00 because they're adding taxes on top of the $175. So, jump of $100 from last year.

Pretty much. The weekend pass includes HST but the Welker pack is 175 plus HST plus the $5 fee plus the $8+ credit card fee so right around $260

Super_Megatron
04-06-2016, 05:42 PM
The tickets went on sale today for TFCON 2016 and Frank Welker VIP. Wow i'm very disappointed on the way how they organized it this year to buy VIP Tickets for Frank Welker.

You first have to purchase weekend pass for $50 and then get VIP ticket for $175, wow really? talk about TFCON turning into Botcon in the near future.

Last year was alot easier, you just buy what time you wanted to vip session with Peter Cullen and you just bought the ticket, not extra cost of weekend pass.

i volunteer each year and help out, and dont need to buy a weekend pass, i just need vip pass for Frank Welker. And what if somebody can only attend a Saturday just to come see Frank, i hope they change this option soon and people complain about. Not everyone has extra cash to burn, some on budget too.

Frank Welker has been childhood icon of mine would have love to meet him but not paying extra $50 for something i dont't need. I hope they change this.

Thanks

Faze

As posted in this forum (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=32135) volunteers do get free admission to the convention so what you are saying isn't really accurate. If you volunteered in the past you would know this so not sure where you are getting this from.

coralreef
04-06-2016, 06:09 PM
Pretty much. The weekend pass includes HST but the Welker pack is 175 plus HST plus the $5 fee plus the $8+ credit card fee so right around $260

$5 for internet buy and 8$ credit card fee? Whoa! I didn't see the credit card fee, I stopped the process before paying. Me thinks the ticket company is a bit greedy.

Sunstar
04-06-2016, 07:03 PM
Credit card fee? Wow, hidden fees. Yeah I will be buying pauls at the con's then. I am not going to buy another ticket and get nailed with another credit card fee, that's a money grab!

Einstein
04-06-2016, 07:16 PM
I don't even remember seeing an announcement here that these were going on sale.

People shouldn't have to buy a weekend pass to buy the ticket to see Frank.

This isn't Botcon.

The7thParallel
04-06-2016, 07:46 PM
As posted in this forum (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=32135) volunteers do get free admission to the convention so what you are saying isn't really accurate. If you volunteered in the past you would know this so not sure where you are getting this from.

I'm not quite sure you read what he wrote correctly. He states that he was a volunteer and didn't need to buy a weekend pass, but that it sucked for those who WEREN'T volunteers or just wanted to see Welker.

An honest misunderstanding, I think.

I agree with everyone here. I know that some guests cost more than others to get. After all, you factor in flight, hotel, food, or anything else alone and that's expensive, plus paying for their time. That said, I hate when celebrities charge for autographs period, especially those who have already been well compensated for their work which earned them fandom to begin with.

My favourite celebrity in the circuit is Charisma Carpenter, of Buffy fame. I interviewed a whole bunch of people a few years ago for an article in EYE Weekly and she was the only one I had respect for. She charged $20 per autograph but had a poll to see which local charity fans most wanted money donated to and then gave all of the cash she earned to it before she left. I had NO issue forking out the $20 at that point!

But yeah, $175... ouch.

Autobotz24
04-06-2016, 08:18 PM
$5 non refundable internet fee, $8.23 credit card fee, have to buy a weekend pass when last year it was included. Should at least have the Saturday included in the price of the Welker pass

xbrawn
04-06-2016, 11:30 PM
And this is why I decided to be done with signatures from guests when they weren't included in admission. If you expect a big name to sign something, expect to pay for it on top of admission.

If say hogan was scheduled for 80s con. Hundreds of people would pay admission and the VIP ticket for ten seconds with hogan like they do at fan expo.

Deception
04-06-2016, 11:35 PM
lol i love megatron but not that much. sucks for people living local who only wants to go a day.

Sunstar
04-06-2016, 11:36 PM
I have no problem with the price and expected as much... I have a problem with not getting tyhe confirmation because I screwed up and typoed my email. I registered the account but there is no way for me to change it to the correct account.

Gumby
04-07-2016, 04:00 AM
Last years system with Eventbrite was exceptional and easy so it's a shame seeing all the negative feedback on social media over the new system and even more in regards to the price. While I expected Welker to be pricey, $260 all in is a bit much especially given the contents of the package.

It's bad enough that passes aren't included this year but even worse that certain passes are "forced" onto fans/helpers/vendors, many of whom do not need it. As for the contents of the package, I wish TFCon could offer more like other Welker appearances have. For example, while you had to buy an admission ticket for his Rhode Island Comic Con signing, at $150 his package included:

-1 autograph
-1 photo
-1 exclusive TF print
-1 exclusive TF badge
-1 exclusive TF comic
-panel Q and A seating
-option for additional autographs at $75 each

That's bang for your buck.

alternatorfan
04-07-2016, 04:26 AM
Sounds far fetched

Gumby
04-07-2016, 04:51 AM
You're probably right. A deal like that couldn't possibly be tru.....OH CRAP!

Einstein
04-07-2016, 07:48 AM
You're probably right. A deal like that couldn't possibly be tru.....OH CRAP!

That tiny picture BTW is impossible to read

Masta_Skidz
04-07-2016, 08:50 AM
I can read i just fine

wervenom
04-07-2016, 09:44 AM
I can read it just fine

Same here. I'm fine with the pricing and it should be expected by everyone to a certain extent. I would gripe about the extra fees like internet and credit card usage but based on what these guys have cost at Botcons and other places I will take this. I only need this and Stan Lee and I'm good for autographs forever. Anything else is a bonus

Robimus
04-07-2016, 10:39 AM
I wish TFCon could offer more like other Welker appearances have. For example, while you had to buy an admission ticket for his Rhode Island Comic Con signing, at $150 his package included:

-1 autograph
-1 photo
-1 exclusive TF print
-1 exclusive TF badge
-1 exclusive TF comic
-panel Q and A seating
-option for additional autographs at $75 each

That's bang for your buck.

Rhode Island comic con has a $75(USD)Weekend pass this year. Not sure what it was last year, but if the same then the equivalent value of $225 USD into Canadian is currently $295. $295 plus ticket master fees and anything else that gets tacked on via e commerce.

I'm really not seeing huge difference here - in fact the TFcon option is cheaper for the meet and greet, photo plus autograph by at least $40.

For GTA locals I think the fact that you don't have to buy a plane ticket and a hotel room would more than make TFcon a really economical option for folks.

Tekkamanraiden
04-07-2016, 11:15 AM
Same here. I'm fine with the pricing and it should be expected by everyone to a certain extent. I would gripe about the extra fees like internet and credit card usage but based on what these guys have cost at Botcons and other places I will take this. I only need this and Stan Lee and I'm good for autographs forever. Anything else is a bonus

For Stan Lee you're probably going to want to get it at Fanexpo this year as it's the last time he's coming to Canada.

wervenom
04-07-2016, 11:16 AM
For Stan Lee you're probably going to want to get it at Fanexpo this year as it's the last time he's coming to Canada.

Yep I will be. I've missed out every year he's been here so I've got it all planned and a back up just in case

Phalanx
04-07-2016, 12:26 PM
I've also decided to pass on the VIP ticket this year. You can say that 'This is what others are charging, so you're getting a deal', but it's a significant hike over last year where the weekend admission was included with the VIP ticket.

Looking at my receipt from last year, I paid $159.56 for the Peter Cullen VIP with weekend included, this year I'd be paying ~$260 for the same. That's a 63% markup over last year. It feels... excessive. That's way beyond what it takes to cover any fluctuations in the exchange rate.

This feels more like charging what they think they can rather than what they think they need. And that's fine, it's not a charity, they can do what they want, etc etc., but a 63% increase in one year is too much sticker shock for me, and almost feels like gouging.

All that said... from a web design/dev point of view, the new booking site is awkward, kind of ugly, and poorly laid out. The EventBright setup was much better. Hopefully this will improve with time, or go back to the old system

Einstein
04-07-2016, 07:02 PM
I've also decided to pass on the VIP ticket this year. You can say that 'This is what others are charging, so you're getting a deal', but it's a significant hike over last year where the weekend admission was included with the VIP ticket.

Looking at my receipt from last year, I paid $159.56 for the Peter Cullen VIP with weekend included, this year I'd be paying ~$260 for the same. That's a 63% markup over last year. It feels... excessive. That's way beyond what it takes to cover any fluctuations in the exchange rate.

This feels more like charging what they think they can rather than what they think they need. And that's fine, it's not a charity, they can do what they want, etc etc., but a 63% increase in one year is too much sticker shock for me, and almost feels like gouging.

All that said... from a web design/dev point of view, the new booking site is awkward, kind of ugly, and poorly laid out. The EventBright setup was much better. Hopefully this will improve with time, or go back to the old system

This^

LadyBug
04-08-2016, 06:22 AM
Got my ticket right when it was posted. I'm happy this is my last and final year at TFCon. They are becoming too greedy for my liking. Autographs use to be included with the ticket. Now, most all guests you have to pay to get one. The only one I didn't have to pay for last year was James Roberts last year. I passed on everyone else last year since I had already shelled out a lot of money for my Peter Cullen VIP ticket. This new ticket system is absolute crap. I don't know why they suddenly had to change it from Everbrite. I never had an issue with it. It was quick, simple and painless. I really hope that TFCon will go back to its old ways of being a more fan friendly convention.

Masta_Skidz
04-08-2016, 07:48 AM
Sorry but at almost $300 CAD I would have to say the the Welker signature is to rich for me. I was happy to pay for Peter Cullen but this is something I would like but don't need that bad.

Mega-Prime
04-11-2016, 02:08 PM
I got my confirmation right away but I'm wondering, if I chose the option "Yes, I need a hotel room" & specified the dates, does that automatically reserve a room for me under my name & CC# or do I still have to call the Hilton to confirm?

Super_Megatron
04-11-2016, 08:26 PM
I got my confirmation right away but I'm wondering, if I chose the option "Yes, I need a hotel room" & specified the dates, does that automatically reserve a room for me under my name & CC# or do I still have to call the Hilton to confirm?

That books your hotel room for you.
Any questions reply to your registration email.

mesh
04-23-2016, 01:36 AM
To Colin and the TFCON crew,

What the hell happened his year?

Last year was so much cheaper and it allowed the fans to purchase items from the vendors.

$300 for a freakin ticket and a signature?

To the organizers I hope you understand this is not cool at all. I'm glad I got my signature with Peter Cullen last year.........it's safe to say last year was my last year.

This is absolutely disgusting and unfair to the returning hopefuls. :argh::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Matrix_Holder
04-23-2016, 02:34 AM
Do none of you realize that Wleker is super expensive to get as a guest? He is THE name in voice acting in the world, without a doubt. the majority of guest at shows, any shows charge now as that is the way the talent want it to be. This is how they make alot of their money by doing shows like this, people who want to get their autographs or a picture with them have to pay and that is the industry standard now so the people that don't want to deal with the celebrities don't have to pay for the guests as part of their admission.

it is still cheaper to get a meet and greet with Welker at TFCON than at other shows where its $300 usd plus all of the other cost in USD as well. For years the fans have asked for welker to come to the show, "we want welker" but nobody ever stops and thinks of the costs to get such a ultra top tier guest do they? food for thought.

justprime
04-23-2016, 06:43 AM
Correct me if I am wrong here but it seems people are not bitching about the price to see frank ...it's all the other charges and the fact that you have to buy a full weekend pass (opposed to just the day...which should have been part of package imho )and the taxes on top.. that's got every one hot under the collar ..does seem like a grab to untrained eyes.

justprime
04-23-2016, 06:53 AM
Also (and please correct me if I am wrong) if I get a table as a vendor and want to see frank I still have to go the rout of purchasing the full package with the weekend pass even though I would already be there..as a vendor..such was case last year with Peter ...

CobraCommander
05-03-2016, 05:18 PM
My guess that Welker is a bigger draw, so the higher cost for him to show up. I'm sure he's got a longer VA resume.

justprime
05-03-2016, 06:49 PM
Not debating franks high cost..that's a given its more the approach of all the costs and the fact of a weekend pass why not just a ticket to see frank one cost or package,one cost not a cost for this cost for that etc that's what has everyone feeling nickel and dimed and that's the core complaint.... one price, you pull the trigger or not to see frank..

TRUCKvsGUN
05-11-2016, 11:50 PM
I don't wanna wade too deeply into this debate, but the structuring does seem to be unreasonable, making vendors and volunteers buy a weekend pass etc. Then again, $160 for a meeting with a(ny) voice actor seems like a lot to me, and given the choice, I'd rather have another $160 worth of transformers.

grizzly519
05-12-2016, 10:52 AM
Since it's not mentioned at all i'm wondering if included in this package is a certificate of authenticity for your autograph or nothing at all.I would hope that this would be available to make the buyers that much happier especially after the fee paid for this package.

dsl135
05-20-2016, 01:54 PM
So I just joined so that I could throw this out there.

Is there anyone going, who would like to get a picture with Mr. Welker, and would be willing to split the package somewhat with me?

I'm from the states (near Buffalo, NY), and while I enjoy Transformers, I really wouldn't get value out of a weekend ticket.

I'm looking to sort of pair up with someone who is already planning on going, who could get a Real Ghostbusters comic autographed for me.

Anyone out there interested, let's see if we can work something out.

Dragon Knight
05-22-2016, 01:45 PM
So do we absolutely need to bring a print out of the ticket to the show, or can we just show a digital copy of the email?

Super_Megatron
05-22-2016, 01:59 PM
So do we absolutely need to bring a print out of the ticket to the show, or can we just show a digital copy of the email?

Either is fine.

Shockwave 75
06-20-2016, 08:40 PM
Like last year, I'm still pissed that there is no "autograph only" price. I'm only coming on Saturday, I DON'T need a picture with him, I DON'T need 1 on 1 face time with him, I DON'T need guaranteed front of theater seating. I just want to get the signature of they guy I have admired since before I can really remember!

Also, on the TFCON site there is no fee info for Flint Dille. Is he charging and how much?

Shockwave 75
06-20-2016, 08:52 PM
Then again, $160 for a meeting with a(ny) voice actor seems like a lot to me, and given the choice, I'd rather have another $160 worth of transformers.
This.

I'd be willing to go as high as $50 just for his autograph. Years ago when I got William Shatner's I paid $80 and I didn't even get to talk to him! I gave my item to one of his "people", they passed it to him, he signed it, he passed it to someone else, they gave it to me. And I was happy with that!

wervenom
06-20-2016, 08:55 PM
Also, on the TFCON site there is no fee info for Flint Dille. Is he charging and how much?

Flint Dille isn't charging but that info was in the Flint Dille thread

Shockwave 75
06-21-2016, 08:08 AM
Flint Dille isn't charging but that info was in the Flint Dille thread

Sweet! Thanks.

BoNKerS
06-23-2016, 10:39 PM
Ummm HI! Whew, I just wanna buy toys! :):)