PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Animated Series

Robimus
02-24-2008, 02:45 AM
So rumor has become true. George Lucas has decided to launch his animated Star Wars Animated Series in theatres :D August 15th this summer!
I'm happy to see anything Star Wars on the big screen though I'm guessing some people might not be interested at all. Lucas has even hinted that if this series is a big success he might do more Animated shows of this nature, even possibly a Knights of the Old Republic type series :D.
The series will be again set during the Clone Wars and feature Anakin, Obi-Wan, Grevious, Yoda and the gang. The series is also set to introduce a new female Jedi who will be a main character in the story......Its about time!
Also on a rumor note both Samuel L. Jackson and Hayden Christensen have said they would love to provide the voice work for their characters in the series, which would be so awesome!!! I love Samuel L. and really am hoping he'll be cast in TFTM2 ;).
So for anybody out there who loves Star Wars, the Force will be back on the big screen August 15th! :cool:

Team Jetfire
02-26-2008, 02:27 PM
I for one am looking forward to it and I'm am glad to see that there may be a new spin on it (with the femaile jedi)

Hopefull this will lead to more of these spin off features, as lucas needs to come up with some (better) ways to keep Star Wars alive.

I know that I will be there with my Son to no doubt enjy the film.

Optimus_Prime
02-26-2008, 04:48 PM
I'm might go to see it, but I don't think it would be a hit. I find it strange to premiere a show on the big screen, and then have a series.

CobraCommander
02-26-2008, 09:48 PM
Looks interesting, more Grevious is good with me.

Robimus
06-12-2008, 10:37 PM
Here's a link to the two trailers released thus far.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809991325/video/8273357

The voices for Mace and Dooku sound so close I'm actually wondering if the rumors of using the actual actors for some of the voices were true. I can't wait.:D

Sokar
06-13-2008, 01:47 AM
This film looks great to me for two reasons in particular.

1.) With the entire film being CG, the CG won't stand out like it has in every CG enhanced SW film. Obove all that was my major issue with the re-edited orginal saga, and one of the bigger problems with episodes 1-3

2.) Asaj Ventres appears to be a major character in this film. She was probably my favorite character in the clone wars shorts, and I'm glad to see that they will likely be fleshing out her character a bit more. Similarly they will hopefully give dooku more of a background

Robimus
07-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Just a wee update. Samuel L.Jackson, Christopher Lee and Anthony Daniels are confirmed as voice talent for the series/film. Looks like they will be the only "returning" voices though, so no Hayden, no Frank Oz :(

devilsknight
07-10-2008, 12:58 AM
It looks good. But not nearly as good as the Clone Wars series that was directed by Genndy Tartakovsky of Samurai Jack fame.

Those two DVD's a pure gold.

Hopefully this will do ok...anyone notice the female Jedi/Sith sounds like it was voiced by the same female Sith from the other animated Clone Wars series ?

soundwaveCA
07-10-2008, 11:41 PM
Looks interesting, I'm pretty sure it will at least be decent and I'm sure I'll enjoy it being the sucker for SW that I am. I just with they would move on from the Clone Wars era though and focus on other aspects of the SW mytho's like a KOTOR or post ROTJ era's. That and go to a more traditional style of animation as I must say I'm not a huge fan of this style though it is tolerable.

Robimus
07-11-2008, 06:29 AM
Looks interesting, I'm pretty sure it will at least be decent and I'm sure I'll enjoy it being the sucker for SW that I am. I just with they would move on from the Clone Wars era though and focus on other aspects of the SW mytho's like a KOTOR or post ROTJ era's. That and go to a more traditional style of animation as I must say I'm not a huge fan of this style though it is tolerable.

They apparently used the Thunderbirds stop motion stuff as inspiration for the look.

And George Lucas had suggested that if this works out good we might be seeing other Era's in the future. Lucasfilm opened up a whole animation studio with this being the launch project. I'd love to see either the Zahn Novels, KOTOR or even Legacy get this type of treatment.:D

neospike
07-12-2008, 10:30 AM
The DVD release for this is November 18th.

Robimus
08-16-2008, 01:37 AM
Watched the Movie, loved the movie. Just don't go into expecting that live action Star Wars feel. It's perfect for what it is, a launch to the series and expanding the Clone Wars.

Loved Asoka and her interactions with Anakin.

Rotta the Hutt, and including the Hutt clans in the Clone Wars in general was a nice touch.

Ziro reminded me of Elton John :p, esspecially his look.

IG-86 and the Magna Droids were a nice addition.

Can't wait for the series!:)

theLostSeeker
08-16-2008, 02:48 PM
I saw the movie last night. It was ok. I didn't come in with any expectations, so I wasn't disappointed. It is clearly aimed at kids, but with some discreet nods to the older fans.
I really liked the way the presented the clones' battle scenes, it felt as if we were running with them.
I was disappointed to not see General Grievous, I guess I'll have to wait for the series.

I give it a very generous 6/10.

Barpharanges
08-17-2008, 09:25 AM
Saw it yesterday. For a kids movie, it is brutally violent in places. The poor clones get blown up as horribly as the battle droids, but the droids don't scream in pain as much.
I was impressed with the animation style. I hate Gennady Tartakovsky's lack of perspective style from the Clone Wars shorts so seeing the characters and vehicles with actual structure and form was a treat. The computer graphics were rendered as if everything was roughly shaded with a paintbush (with brushstrokes!) and it gave a warm feeling to the designs normally lacking in computer animations.
Most importantly, my son loved it. Will see again/buy on DVD.

Protoman
08-17-2008, 01:11 PM
This is the first time since the special edition Trilogy movie releases did I not go see a Star Wars movie on it's opening day....... I hope it's good when I see it tommorow.

Incepticon
08-17-2008, 03:59 PM
I had a feeling this new animated movie wasn't going to do as well as many SW fans naturally expected, but I'm still a little surpised that it tanked so badly... so far.

Tropic Thunder achieved #1 with $26 Million and finally bumped The Dark Knight to 2nd place for the first time in 5 weeks, TDK made another $17 Million and has now officially become the #2 highest grossing movie of all time (pushing the original Star Wars to #3 but still behind #1 champ Titanic), and SW Clone Wars came in at #3 with only $15.5 Million, which by SW standards, is considered a massive flop by studios and "industry insiders". At least according to every entertainment news reporting agency out there. Though I'm sure the SW forums & die hard fans are singing a different tune.

Robimus
08-17-2008, 04:15 PM
I had a feeling this new animated movie wasn't going to do as well as many SW fans naturally expected, but I'm still a little surpised that it tanked so badly... so far.

Tropic Thunder achieved #1 with $26 Million and finally bumped The Dark Knight to 2nd place for the first time in 5 weeks, TDK made another $17 Million and has now officially become the #2 highest grossing movie of all time (pushing the original Star Wars to #3 but still behind #1 champ Titanic), and SW Clone Wars came in at #3 with only $15.5 Million, which by SW standards, is considered a massive flop by studios and "industry insiders". At least according to every entertainment news reporting agency out there. Though I'm sure the SW forums & die hard fans are singing a different tune.

Well, the Star Wars forums have actually been far more positive in their reveiws than the critics have. But I think they get that it was never meant to be a big theatrical deal. Actually I feel like the hardcore fans have been kinder to this than they were to the prequels.........:confused:

Still the numbers are surprising..... I would guess they were expecting a bigger opening weekend, but nobody associated with Star Wars was thinking this was going to do numbers like the live action movies did.:o It was always billed as the TV series put on the big screen.

That said the entire series cost about 30 million to produce from what I've heard, meaning it will be almost paid for before they ever even sell any comercial time:)

How much has TDK made thus far that its already passed Star Wars domestically? I didn't think it was that close yet, but then I haven't been paying close attention either.

Robimus
08-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Titanic 600 million
Dark Knight 471 million:eek:
Star Wars 460 million

Very interesting, but still world wide the Dark Knight has a ways to go. I cross my fingers that it can catch titanic....

Also adjusted for inflation Gone with the Wind is #1 and Star Wars A New Hope #2:)

The World Wide totals are crazy though, never thought the Pirates or Harry Potter movies were that huge, but they are.:confused:

niteowl
08-17-2008, 04:25 PM
471 million domestic
734 worldwide.
domestically
ahead of star wars now,
for number 2,
and could pass titanic
for number 1.
but with inflation,
still behind starwars domestically.
and no where near them worldwide

Incepticon
08-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Yeah, there's no worries at all about Lucas making making back the $30 Million it cost to make Clone Wars. They'll probably have that accomplished before next weekend. But I don't think we'll this sitting in theaters very long.

The Dark Knight is now sitting $471.5 million domestically. Star Wars used to sit at #2 position with $460 Million.

They expect that TDK will probably top out around the $525 Million mark by the time its theatrical run is over... still $80 Million away from being able to beat Titanic... which apparently no one thinks ANY movie can or will ever do since it made that much money back when ticket prices were half the price of what they are today. But still, the fact that TDK blew away everyone else and came this close to all time #1 is astonishing. I knew it would be wildly successful and everything, but I never expected a Batman movie to clear half a Billion. I don't envy the kind of pressure that'll put on everyone for the third sequel and hope to hell they don't sell it out like the original Batman movies or murder it like they did with Spider-Man 3.

--

Woops, you already beat me to it while I was posting my reply. Now I look redundant. ;p

Personally speaking, I pay NO attention to the 'adjusted for inflation' stats some of these sites like to pull out since it's all theoretical hindsight.

Robimus
08-17-2008, 05:44 PM
Actually ticket prices around here for Titanic and episode 1 were a lot more than they are today. about $12 per ticket if I remember right.

Hell, I only paid $4.25 to go watch the Clone Wars matinee :rolleyes: :D

I don't really look at the inflation numbers either, just saw them on the site when I looked it up and found them interesting. It does make some sense though because films were definitly a lot cheaper in 1977. I'd like a total tickets sold type stat to compare the movies from different decades.

A New Hope had two theatrical releases to accumulate its total as well which makes TDK even more impressive by comparrison. Before the Special Editions, Star Wars I believe it was below 400 million.

I never would thought TDK would be that successful either, but cudo's to them.:)

Also of interest on the Clone Wars, it didn't have the wide release of the standard big movie. In Winnipeg it was showing in only half the theaters, and only one screen in each theater.

Most new movies get two or three screen per Silver City type place. I think all involved knew ahead of time that this wasn't going to be huge, an experiment for Lucasfilm this was.:)

I went to a friday afternoon showing and there were less than 20 people watching with us.

Optimus_Prime
08-17-2008, 08:16 PM
I'll have to wait until it comes to DVD to see this... I'm not into piracy. I think I can wait, doesn't seem to be as good as the live action ones.

CobraCommander
10-05-2008, 07:36 PM
Anybody else catch the first show of the series? It was pretty good, heck anything with Yoda as the starring character is :D

The random droid humor was good too :)

StarwarsTF
10-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Anybody else catch the first show of the series? It was pretty good, heck anything with Yoda as the starring character is :D

The random droid humor was good too :)

This series opener was so good, makes you start believing how powerful Yoda has as a Jedi. The second episode was also well done with Plo koon vs General Grievous (only shown in the US) both episodes really fantastic.

Robimus
10-05-2008, 07:56 PM
I'll be watching the first episode in a couple hours :D

soundwaveCA
10-05-2008, 08:18 PM
I missed it :(

Super_Megatron
10-05-2008, 09:36 PM
I watched the first episode on CTV earlier this evening. Was actually pretty good. Will rent the DVD when it comes out, or might even buy it for my son. Also think I want a Clone Trooper helmet.

Team Jetfire
10-06-2008, 02:01 AM
Was anyone else thinking "CTV- WTF?"

Good thing for PVRs and on screen television guides

GMfan
10-06-2008, 02:02 AM
I missed it damnit! Good news it will be on Space, Friday at 7 for those that also missed it.

devilsknight
10-06-2008, 10:17 AM
I didn't realize it came out on tv yet...i agree CTV WTF ?!

I'll torrent both episodes today...the movie was shmeh compared the short episode Clone Wars animated show from before.

But i'll give this one a chance.

devilsknight
10-06-2008, 06:32 PM
Saw the first episode...enjoyed it alot...found it better than the movie. Yoda was great.

Ventress was wise to escape...without trying to give too much away to those who haven't seen it.

I think i'll keep watching this for a bit see where it goes.

EDIT: 2nd episode was pretty good too.

Robimus
10-07-2008, 02:50 AM
I loved the Yoda episode as well. Can't wait for more :D

StarwarsTF
10-12-2008, 10:32 PM
Episode 3 very good! Thanks to cartoon network. :)

StarwarsTF
10-26-2008, 10:57 PM
Episode 5 good to see clones in action.

GMfan
10-26-2008, 11:04 PM
I liked todays episodebut what I liked was in the last episode where we saw the pre-cursor to the Y-wing and named clones get killed.

JSon
10-27-2008, 12:32 AM
I was very excited to see Grievous with his cape on tonight. And poor Matchstick :( what an awesome helmet he had.

keanu577
10-27-2008, 12:39 AM
how do you get cartoon network?

jacobot
10-27-2008, 06:01 AM
Well, that was impressive...But the droids are getting better/funnier lines than the clones.

JSon
10-27-2008, 08:45 AM
how do you get cartoon network?

It's on CTV at 7 on Sundays(here in Edmonton anyway) and on Space on Fridays at uh... 6 I think.

jacobot
11-03-2008, 09:11 PM
No comments on this weeks episode this week?
New droids/toys are always cool!
Surprised Grievous gets to command a new fleet after losing the big ship with the secret weapon?

JSon
11-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Glad they introduced a new droid this week. The regular battle droids are mostly just comic relief and haven't really presented too much of a threat so far. Wonder how many different clone troopers they will make into toys. I will buy all of them.
But who else is qualified to lead a huge star fleet, Dooku is stuck with Grievous no matter what mistakes he makes.

CobraCommander
11-03-2008, 10:12 PM
I don't like the new droids voices, they sound like they have nasal congestion?

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of the clones either, they all seem like fodder to me.

More Yoda and Grevious for me thanks!

Zakna
11-05-2008, 12:15 AM
roger roger!

SPLIT LIP
11-05-2008, 12:46 AM
I fucking love the clones. That's what is so awesome/sucks about them: they're fodder with character. It's awesome because they're good characters that are easy to like and they're badass dudes, but they almost always die in the same episode they're introduced in! :(

I really like this series. I never saw the movie but I'm fairly pleased with how they're handling this show.

Robimus
11-05-2008, 01:13 AM
The Movie has a mass of Clone Death as well.

The Rex/Cody episode was really good and a reminder that this isn't aimed only at kids, and may even contain really dark tales. No wonder CTV picked the 9pm time slot.

jacobot
11-09-2008, 08:57 PM
7pm in Ontario

Ah... Cartoon Network took 2 weeks break?

Is Grievous going to lose a space fleet every episode?

MisBio12
11-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Ah... Cartoon Network took 2 weeks break?

teir leaving us in suspence i wonder if CTV will be the first to air the next epi

StarwarsTF
11-10-2008, 01:06 AM
CTV and Cartoon network are now showing the same episodes weekly, just Canada gets it two days later. The IG droids have come to play, and I feel so bad for "R3" dammit Anikan, "why do you have to be such a jerk!!!"

Optimus_Prime
11-10-2008, 01:10 AM
For some strange reason, I just felt like laughing when Ahsoka introduced the new droid. Then again when he screwed up everything and Anakin called him Stubby.

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
11-10-2008, 08:33 AM
ok where in canada can you watch the show?!?! i saw the movie but WHERE CAN I WATCH THE SHOW HERE IN CANADA?!?!?!?

SPLIT LIP
11-10-2008, 09:51 AM
ok where in canada can you watch the show?!?! i saw the movie but WHERE CAN I WATCH THE SHOW HERE IN CANADA?!?!?!?Sundays at six is when the new episodes air. Sundays at 7 on space also have the new episodes.

I thouroughly enjoy this show. It's so good I forget it's Star Wars.

JSon
11-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Goldie was listed in the future toy waves, now I understand why. This episode was pretty good, but I'm getting sick of Anakin related story lines. I was really hoping to see a lot of story's not revolving around the main characters.

devilsknight
11-10-2008, 03:26 PM
This show is really impressing me, after that disaster of a movie.

I like how have for the most part they have not focused on Anakin or many main characters at all. I don't think Obi Wan has gotten more than 5 minutes total screen time in the 6 episodes that have aired so far.

I like the aspect from the clones side, how they fight cause they have to, but they also know they are 100% expendable in the eyes of the republic. That first episode with Yoda still is my favourite, he showed the clones that they despite being the same, they are different. You feel the Jedi has a connection with these troops beyond orders, which makes it even weirder cause you know that order the Emperor gives turns them instantly against the Jedi.

I gotta watch episode 6 when I get home tonight.

Zakna
11-10-2008, 10:55 PM
hi

my name is Zakna and im a cloneaholic

152 and counting..

Nyghtwynd
11-11-2008, 02:26 AM
Wonder if we'll see the Nulls and Delta or Omega squads

SPLIT LIP
11-11-2008, 10:09 AM
hi

my name is Zakna and im a cloneaholic

152 and counting..HOLY CRAP. I have, like, 5.

lars573
11-11-2008, 12:20 PM
I like how have for the most part they have not focused on Anakin or many main characters at all. I don't think Obi Wan has gotten more than 5 minutes total screen time in the 6 episodes that have aired so far.
It took like 8 episodes into animated before Prime got an episode about him. He'll get one eventually.

I like the aspect from the clones side, how they fight cause they have to, but they also know they are 100% expendable in the eyes of the republic. That first episode with Yoda still is my favourite, he showed the clones that they despite being the same, they are different. You feel the Jedi has a connection with these troops beyond orders, which makes it even weirder cause you know that order the Emperor gives turns them instantly against the Jedi.
I think it's just mean't to drive home the tragedy that was Palpatine taking over. These Jedi and clones were comrades I arms for years. Then one order turns them against each other. One the Jedi couldn't see and the clones HAD to obey. Don't forget the Kaminans engineered them to be totally obidient. Except for the ARC's.

Zakna
11-12-2008, 01:14 AM
gotta remember too

most clones r only 6-7 years of age

which is quite tragic if u had kids aroudn 6 going to war.. :(

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
11-12-2008, 11:00 AM
Sundays at six is when the new episodes air. Sundays at 7 on space also have the new episodes.

I thouroughly enjoy this show. It's so good I forget it's Star Wars.

what channel?i checked space channel and there was nothing.

JSon
11-12-2008, 11:34 AM
what channel?i checked space channel and there was nothing.

Then check CTV.ca and Spacecast.com for times.

SPLIT LIP
11-12-2008, 08:15 PM
gotta remember too

most clones r only 6-7 years of age

which is quite tragic if u had kids aroudn 6 going to war.. :(Technically no. They're all 20-30-odd years of physical age, but they've only been alive for 7-10 "years". (with space-travel and stuff it's hard to measure age and other time properties)

Robimus
11-13-2008, 04:17 PM
Basically look at the clones as being in their early twenties.

I've loved each episode thus far. Great series :D

devilsknight
11-16-2008, 03:46 AM
It took like 8 episodes into animated before Prime got an episode about him. He'll get one eventually.

I think it's just mean't to drive home the tragedy that was Palpatine taking over. These Jedi and clones were comrades I arms for years. Then one order turns them against each other. One the Jedi couldn't see and the clones HAD to obey. Don't forget the Kaminans engineered them to be totally obidient. Except for the ARC's.

The ARC Troopers those are the guys led by Cody ? Those were also the troopers Obi Wan deployed in the original animated clone wars series right ?! So what happens to them after Order 66 is given ?

R2 vs. R3 = EPIC !!!

Autovolt 127
11-16-2008, 08:57 AM
this show kicks ass.

SPLIT LIP
11-16-2008, 11:49 AM
The ARC Troopers those are the guys led by Cody ?No, Cody leads the 212th.

Last ep was epic. Lots of funny bits. A genuine twist that you didn't see coming from a mile away like in most shows. It could only be better if Plo Koon was in it. Grievous even got to kick a little ass. (I can't wait for his lair episode)

familyman
11-16-2008, 01:47 PM
I am loving this show, it totaly kicks,
I would like them to introduce some more majoy bad guys, maybe new ones, that could carry a few episode then get killed, reason I say this is because I am getting a little annoyed at the fact that grievous just keeps hoping in his ship and running away (escaping).

JSon
11-16-2008, 02:21 PM
Tonight's episode looks to be ok, as I said before I sick of Anakin storylines. I was very excited about Plo Koon being in the show and I really want to see more of him (he's one of my favorites!). Next weeks episode is about Jar Jar Binks pretending to be a Jedi, I can't say I'm really looking forward to that, but I'm keeping an open mind. The weeks after that features Luminara Unduli, a Jedi from the previous Clone Wars series. It looks awesome.

I am really excited about the Lair of Grievous but doesn't look like it will be until closer to the end of the season :(

jacobot
11-16-2008, 08:33 PM
Best one yet... Close call for Rex

Clones always have to die? Tough on the 5 year old audience. At least not as noticable this time.

devilsknight
11-17-2008, 12:25 AM
There were clones killed tonight...they went into that base with 5 or 6 clones. Only Rex and 1 other survived inside the base.

Just so I'm on the right page with everyone...this was the R2 vs. R3 episode you all watched right ?!

I follow this series via torrents and don't wanna be a spoiler for anyone.

JSon
11-17-2008, 10:59 AM
Heck Yes! The droid face off was surprisingly good, and left me feeling satisfied that Goldie got what was coming to him. One of the best episodes. There were clones, several kinds of droids, Grievous, R2 had a decent roll, Anakin's story was pretty decent, and Rex kicked ass. I loved it!

soundwaveCA
11-17-2008, 12:03 PM
I loved last nights episode :D

Zakna
11-17-2008, 01:30 PM
Technically no. They're all 20-30-odd years of physical age, but they've only been alive for 7-10 "years". (with space-travel and stuff it's hard to measure age and other time properties)

But seriously, how much can you learn in the short span that the clones got to grow up in ? They are basically kids with an adult body. They aged about 3 times as quick as a normal person but did have accelerated learning but are as inquisitive as a 6-7 year old.

Should go read Karen Traviss's Republic commando series and get the Clone's point of view :D.

Zakna
11-17-2008, 01:34 PM
The ARC Troopers those are the guys led by Cody ? Those were also the troopers Obi Wan deployed in the original animated clone wars series right ?! So what happens to them after Order 66 is given ?

R2 vs. R3 = EPIC !!!

212th

http://www.zakna.com/images/sw/212attack2.jpg

Robimus
11-18-2008, 01:19 AM
The Arc Troopers if Star Wars canon is at all followed by the series are the first batch of Clone Troops trained specifically by Jango Fett.

They in most cases are the commanding Clone Officers serving immediatly under the Jedi. Cody is an Arc Trooper, as is Rex, Gree, Bly. Bacara, Maze, etc......

They were thought to be a bit more advanced and a bit more independent due to Jango's training, so much so that one deserted.:)

Now I say this with a heavy "if" as the Star Wars continuity goes. The Arc Troopers are a comic book creation, also used in the novel and the previous Clone Wars animated series.

I've yet to notice any evidence in CWA that references the Clone Commanders as ARCs. They may have just ignored that bit of continuity, or simply won't be mentioning it.

And I loved R2D2's two episodes. Very epic, they felt like a Movie unto themselves.:D

Robimus
11-18-2008, 01:26 AM
But seriously, how much can you learn in the short span that the clones got to grow up in ? They are basically kids with an adult body. They aged about 3 times as quick as a normal person but did have accelerated learning but are as inquisitive as a 6-7 year old.

Should go read Karen Traviss's Republic commando series and get the Clone's point of view :D.

Karen's novels are awesome for looking at the Clones from a very different point of view. They are grown adults, both mentally and physically due to "flash" training techniques.

But they are also very naive when it comes to some aspects of life as they have never known anything but war for their entire existence.

The RC novel series revolves around a love story between a Clone Trooper and a Jedi. Great, emotional stuff but a little more serious than the usual Star Wars escapism:)

Mumps
11-18-2008, 10:47 AM
I follow this series via torrents and don't wanna be a spoiler for anyone.
You won't spoil anybody. By the time the torrents are out for the next ep, it's the day of or day before the Canadian air date. Unless it's the HD release you are getting, which case it's usually day of or day after.

lars573
11-18-2008, 11:36 AM
The Arc Troopers if Star Wars canon is at all followed by the series are the first batch of Clone Troops trained specifically by Jango Fett.

They in most cases are the commanding Clone Officers serving immediatly under the Jedi. Cody is an Arc Trooper, as is Rex, Gree, Bly. Bacara, Maze, etc......

They were thought to be a bit more advanced and a bit more independent due to Jango's training, so much so that one deserted.:)

Now I say this with a heavy "if" as the Star Wars continuity goes. The Arc Troopers are a comic book creation, also used in the novel and the previous Clone Wars animated series.

I've yet to notice any evidence in CWA that references the Clone Commanders as ARCs. They may have just ignored that bit of continuity, or simply won't be mentioning it.

And I loved R2D2's two episodes. Very epic, they felt like a Movie unto themselves.:D
That's not exactly what I read on the starwars wiki. It said that the ARC's were a special group of 100 unaltered clones like Boba. And they were trained by Jango and a special group of Mandalorians. And that after the first batch of 100 any more ARC's/Republic commandos came from clones that didn't meet Kaminan QC standards. Which before that were being destroyed. It also said that commanders like Cody, Gree, Bacarra were trained by the best of the original 100 ARC's. Alpha-17, who was the first clone with a name. Given to him by Anakin. At least that's what I understood. Due the sheer size of SW cannon due to all the fiction written. It's both very hard to get your head around, and full of small controdictions.

But yeah where this animated series falls in relation to the written fiction and the 2D CN series isn't clear. It seems that the first season of the CN series proceds this series. And that the knighting scene in the second season happens too.

Zakna
11-19-2008, 12:30 AM
null arcs > arcs :D

only 6 null arcs

karen traviss <3! :D

StarwarsTF
11-19-2008, 12:48 AM
This show gets better and better!!! Now if I can get my hands on "goldie", or "stubby" or "R3" whatever they call him, what an F'N traitor. Good to see R2 kick his ass.

Though I cant wait to get the figure in so I can smash that little bald plated droid head in for what he has done to the republic and to R2!!!:)

jacobot
11-19-2008, 02:02 PM
:eek: :rolleyes:

Robimus
11-19-2008, 02:22 PM
That's not exactly what I read on the starwars wiki. It said that the ARC's were a special group of 100 unaltered clones like Boba. And they were trained by Jango and a special group of Mandalorians. And that after the first batch of 100 any more ARC's/Republic commandos came from clones that didn't meet Kaminan QC standards. Which before that were being destroyed. It also said that commanders like Cody, Gree, Bacarra were trained by the best of the original 100 ARC's. Alpha-17, who was the first clone with a name. Given to him by Anakin. At least that's what I understood. Due the sheer size of SW cannon due to all the fiction written. It's both very hard to get your head around, and full of small controdictions.

Beware the Wiki, its only as accurate as the author writing it :)

That said I think it is right and I was mistaken as I got some stuff mixed up. I read in one of Karen Traviss's novels that the Arc's were largely assigned to senior Jedi Commanders, like Maze is, and extrapolated it too far.

And yeah, there are only six Null Arc's, they are the first batch of clones that the kaminoeans found defective and were going to kill but were saved by Kal Skirata. Names are Ordo, Mereel, Jaing, Prudii, A'den and Kom'rk.

JSon
11-19-2008, 02:57 PM
You had better take a look at this
http://penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/10/15/
It's pretty funny, and I think if offers some solid information on the Null topic.

devilsknight
11-19-2008, 03:12 PM
So do these ARC Troopers turn on the Jedi ? Seeing their programming is different was that Order 66 programmed into them as well ?

Robimus
11-20-2008, 01:26 AM
So do these ARC Troopers turn on the Jedi ? Seeing their programming is different was that Order 66 programmed into them as well ?

Two of them, Sull and Spar, both deserted before Order 66 went down.

Maze did follow Order 66, but only after his Jedi Commander urged him to, as strange as that sounds. I believe Jedi Master Arligan Zey, already mortally wounded, was concerned of what might happen to Maze if he disobeyed the order. Thus asked the Arc to kill him rather than turning him over to Palpatine.

As for the rest? I'm not much of a comic guy so I don't know most of the details which I assume appear in the Darkhorse Comics Republic series somewhere.:)

Zakna
11-21-2008, 02:42 PM
BIG SPoilers! :D

jaing lives for quite a while and helps boba fett as he was dying of old age in the legacy of the force era where jacen turns into a sith lord

and Darman has a kid who is half jedi / half clone

Robimus
11-21-2008, 11:24 PM
BIG SPoilers! :D

jaing lives for quite a while and helps boba fett as he was dying of old age in the legacy of the force era where jacen turns into a sith lord

and Darman has a kid who is half jedi / half clone

Ya, forgot Mird :D

They are such minor characters, but it was nice to see them in that era. I really didn't figure out who Gotab was till Karen Traviss leaked it on the internetz.:p

I can't wait for the Jar Jar/C3PO episode this week. It's been written by Kevin Rubio, who's know for his Troops fan film from back before he was famous.

lars573
11-22-2008, 12:42 PM
Beware the Wiki, its only as accurate as the author writing it :)

That said I think it is right and I was mistaken as I got some stuff mixed up. I read in one of Karen Traviss's novels that the Arc's were largely assigned to senior Jedi Commanders, like Maze is, and extrapolated it too far.

And yeah, there are only six Null Arc's, they are the first batch of clones that the kaminoeans found defective and were going to kill but were saved by Kal Skirata. Names are Ordo, Mereel, Jaing, Prudii, A'den and Kom'rk.
For unsourced articles I agree. But sourced ones I trust a little.

Robimus
11-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Loved last nights Jar Jar episode. Nice as a one episode diversion to what has otherwise been a pretty intense show.

"Come on Three-So, lettsa gettsa going :p "

Takao
11-24-2008, 05:19 PM
Jar-Jar is still facepalm how many years after The Phantom Menace.

MisBio12
11-24-2008, 05:28 PM
Jar-Jar is still facepalm how many years after The Phantom Menace.
9 years and they showed Commander Gree

JSon
11-24-2008, 06:57 PM
and they showed Commander Gree

For like 4 seconds, but it was awesome hoping to see some more of him.

I am really excited for next weeks episode! More Jedi screen time!

lars573
11-24-2008, 07:04 PM
Gree is also on the next episode.

Zakna
11-26-2008, 01:16 PM
more clones to buy! ><

lets palette swap that next clone with the color pink. and call him commander jabobo from the 2345th battalion guard legion .. we can do that because there was 4,536,345,345,346,988 other unnamed clones

Zakna
11-26-2008, 01:19 PM
o yah.. ill still buy him if they made him :p

Robimus
11-26-2008, 02:10 PM
Well there was that pink R2 figure made to benefit cancer research last year.......I wonder if thats the same one that made it into the CWA film?

lars573
11-26-2008, 02:51 PM
more clones to buy! ><

lets palette swap that next clone with the color pink. and call him commander jabobo from the 2345th battalion guard legion .. we can do that because there was 4,536,345,345,346,988 other unnamed clones
If they pack the Green stripe clone with the big honkin gattling blaster they showed in a promo pic. I'll buy one for sure. :D But only one. I've got a TAC Gree and several 41st troopers

JSon
11-26-2008, 02:59 PM
Well there was that pink R2 figure made to benefit cancer research last year.......I wonder if thats the same one that made it into the CWA film?

I had read somewhere it was an intentional cameo. Can't remember where though. Hope to see more from the pink droid.

MisBio12
11-30-2008, 08:06 PM
Bullshit it is the fucking first episode god damit i thought there is a new epi each week made face

familyman
11-30-2008, 11:44 PM
I read that also, but I can not remember where, but yes the pink droid is R2-KT named after Brave Katie Johnson daughter to Albin Johnson, (the founder of the 501st Legion),

http://www.r2kt.com/

Robimus
12-01-2008, 02:09 AM
No new episode this week. I'm surprised American Thanksgiving shut us down like that :(

Preview for the next new show is up on Star Wars.com if anybody wants a sneak peak.

jacobot
12-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Was it on? Was it moved? WTF?

Mumps
12-09-2008, 11:02 AM
I don't think it was aired in Canada. It was however aired in the US.

Robimus
12-09-2008, 02:34 PM
I heard it was going to air on Space, but didn't catch it. CTV may have dropped the show at this point :(. It doesn't look to be on this coming Sunday on CTV either......

jacobot
12-09-2008, 02:52 PM
WTF...Waiting 'til Friday... On Space @ 7pm et

Team Jetfire
12-09-2008, 05:28 PM
So I have been watching the show and have been overall impressed. I really like how they have developed the clones individually, but also how they (clone generals like Rex and Cody) have taken on the personalities of the Jedi's they follow.

That being there is one thing that is really bugging me about the series:

Why do they still use that Stupid Winnebago ship that they stole back in the movie. There are plenty of Starships tat they could use...cool ones, but they stick with the RV.

jacobot
12-09-2008, 05:53 PM
Imagine if they made a scale toy for it.... BMF territory really....

Zakna
12-09-2008, 08:27 PM
just watched 109

wow big jedi fights :D

windus gonna be in the next one and purple clones?! :D

Zakna
12-09-2008, 08:28 PM
erk nm it looks like kit fisto and his troops vs greivous

StarwarsTF
12-09-2008, 09:08 PM
Asjja's grunting and screaming reminded me of tiffany from bride of chucky. Fisto is up next, and the series is looking good for a long run. :)

SPLIT LIP
12-09-2008, 10:21 PM
WTF...Waiting 'til Friday... On Space @ 7pm etMy PVR says that it's a repeat of the first episode. :( I hope they're wrong.

Ah, well. The Youtubes will have next week's Grievous ep, and then we'll just have to wait six days to record it in good quality.

Zakna
12-10-2008, 02:46 AM
just get bit torrent

easiest way to get the episode

familyman
12-10-2008, 10:11 PM
I agree, bit torrent is the only way I have watched all of the 10 episodes.
And allowed me to but them on DVD..

jacobot
12-12-2008, 07:30 AM
StarWars II on Robot Chicken tonight on Teletoon Network 10:30pm

CobraCommander
12-12-2008, 08:46 AM
^^^
Really? Can't wait :)

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
12-12-2008, 09:31 AM
are they ever going to repeat episodes on space?cause today i really want to watch cloak of darkness but i have hockey so i can't so does anyone know when they will show repeats?

SPLIT LIP
12-12-2008, 12:08 PM
just get bit torrent

easiest way to get the episodeNo. I refuse to use crappy torrents and get an otherwise useless program to play them.

Robimus
12-12-2008, 02:43 PM
are they ever going to repeat episodes on space?cause today i really want to watch cloak of darkness but i have hockey so i can't so does anyone know when they will show repeats?

It should repeat on Space tomorrow afternoon. Check the time, maybe 4:30 ish ????

Zakna
12-12-2008, 02:57 PM
torrents are in hi def 720p.. well some of them.. shrug your loss ? :D

Mumps
12-12-2008, 03:05 PM
There is only ONE way to watch Clone Wars.
download it in 720p, and drool at the wonderful HD!

Gonna be so much better after Boxing Day when I buy my new HDTV, and hook it up to my new 5.1 surround system. So good!

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
12-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Why do they still use that Stupid Winnebago ship that they stole back in the movie. There are plenty of Starships tat they could use...cool ones, but they stick with the RV.
It's a callback to ANH where Luke said that Anakin flew a spice freighter in the Clone Wars. I guess that wasn't as much of a lie as we originally thought.

devilsknight
12-12-2008, 03:47 PM
No. I refuse to use crappy torrents and get an otherwise useless program to play them.

Crappy torrents ?! Wow.

It takes effort for some of the programs to use...but there's nothing really needed beyond windows media player to play those files.

Torrents are vast in sites and are quickly downloaded...and with practice their programs are easy to maintain and use against packet shaping.

There's even really basic ones.

Trust me...it's the way to go lol

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
12-12-2008, 04:26 PM
It should repeat on Space tomorrow afternoon. Check the time, maybe 4:30 ish ????

winnepeg....that would be western time right?so thats 7:30 here.

Autovolt 127
12-13-2008, 10:11 AM
this show is so kick ass:cool: :D

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
12-13-2008, 11:30 AM
man i checked guide on my hd box and it said cloak of darkness is on today(12/13) at 6(atlantic time) and i checked again today and it said that ambush is on!!!and THEN i checked next friday's episode and it said rising malevolanc is on!wierd,huh?

StarwarsTF
12-14-2008, 09:14 AM
So Master Fisto is from the "islands" LOL I never saw that coming. Though his one big line in SW ep. III was "arghahhhh" as he got cut down by Sidious.
General Grevious is now becoming one of my favorite SW universe characters, I'm impressed of how he doesn't stop fighting, even with losing his lower limbs! :) This episode was great its a must watch!

jacobot
12-14-2008, 10:58 AM
man i checked guide on my hd box and it said cloak of darkness is on today(12/13) at 6(atlantic time) and i checked again today and it said that ambush is on!!!and THEN i checked next friday's episode and it said rising malevolanc is on!wierd,huh?

Really eh... So much for legally obtaining and viewing the show;)

CobraCommander
12-14-2008, 01:40 PM
I dunno, is d/l a freely airing tv show illegal as opposed to a theatrical movie which requires a payment of a ticket to view?

Robimus
12-14-2008, 01:46 PM
I believe you can watch the shows "legally" on Star Wars.com. I think, I'll have to try it, I'm getting behind now.......

jacobot
12-14-2008, 02:54 PM
I believe you can watch the shows "legally" on Star Wars.com. I think, I'll have to try it, I'm getting behind now.......

Ah man... Can't view it in Canada eh?

SPLIT LIP
12-14-2008, 03:24 PM
Very good episode. I like that they left Grievous's past ambigious so as not to contradict his already established backstory. Too bad no new CW till January. :( (then again, it doesn't seem THAT far away) Nice to see Grievous kill a Jedi so effortlessly for once. I feel bad for the clones and Gor, though.

Robimus
12-14-2008, 11:05 PM
Ah man... Can't view it in Canada eh?

Yeah, I just figured that out myself. You can watch the preview but not the episode.......

Finally saw Cloak of Darkness tonight on the illegal holonet:p James Marsters(Spike fom Buffy) voice work was fun as Captain Argyus. Liked the episode, though I wish Ventriss would have made easier work of Luminara and Ahsoka.

CobraCommander
12-16-2008, 11:45 PM
Just watched ep10, awesome! Grevious is one serious bad-ass, put's Vader to shame :D

devilsknight
12-17-2008, 12:24 PM
For anyone who's been downloading these...i was d/l the regular 200MB versions of these episodes...i decided to grab the 720p episode 10...500mb

damn your denying yourself something special if your not d/l these at 720p

my god...i love HD

of course if you worry about space issues then get the regular ones...i'm sitting cozy with my new 1.5 TB drive

JSon
12-17-2008, 12:31 PM
So I tuned in the past two weeks to not even find Clone Wars on CTV. Did they just change the time slot and I don't know about it, or is it because there just wasn't new episodes that week for CTV? Checked the site but I couldn't find anything. I was trying to avoid watching it on the computer, but I guess I might have to :(

devilsknight
12-17-2008, 01:55 PM
So I tuned in the past two weeks to not even find Clone Wars on CTV. Did they just change the time slot and I don't know about it, or is it because there just wasn't new episodes that week for CTV? Checked the site but I couldn't find anything. I was trying to avoid watching it on the computer, but I guess I might have to :(

I think it's only on space now :(

Otherwise treat yourself the HD online !

Robimus
12-19-2008, 09:11 PM
And Space is in re-runs.......

Robimus
01-01-2009, 08:31 PM
So I guess Canada is done with the Clone Wars Series for now :(. We are not even listed on Star Wars.com as a country the show is being aired in.

I watched the Lair of Grievous episode on youtube and quite enjoyed it. I think they left the story just ambigous enought that the old Grievous back story can still fit with the newer additions.

Loved the statues of Qymaen jai Sheelal on display in the Lair. Good stuff.:)

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
01-01-2009, 08:41 PM
I think it's only on space now :(

NOT EVEN SPACE!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::(:(:(:(:mad::mad :i don't get it why did they do this:confused::confused::confused::confused:?

StarwarsTF
01-03-2009, 07:49 PM
Good to see this show is back, Count dooku is in trouble!!! (US). Though overall really good episode!!! Cant wait for series three of clone wars figures to be released :) need to get me a count!

MisBio12
01-03-2009, 09:01 PM
I Know the next epi is Gungan Genarl

Robimus
01-06-2009, 05:21 PM
According to LFL through the force.net the show is not cancelled in Canada, simply on hiadus :confused:

Quote from Force.net:
Double checked with Lucasfilm just to be sure and got the following response:

"The next episode, "Cloak of Darkness," will air Feb. 8 on CTV and Feb. 13 on Space. Thanks for checking on it!"

jacobot
01-06-2009, 06:16 PM
Great News...

Feb. 8 on CTV and Feb. 13 on Space. Thanks for checking on it!"

Good work Sir Robimus!!!

SPLIT LIP
01-06-2009, 08:49 PM
I rather enjoyed this ep. Just goes to show with Dooku's power, he's not totally invulnerable. It was nice to see some banter between Anakin and Obi-wan that wasn't hindered by wooden acting, bland scripting or comprised entirely of "Boy, you best be careful of the Dark Side" dialogue.

StarwarsTF
01-11-2009, 01:49 AM
POSSIBLE SPOILERS: Episode 12 so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jar jar wasn't to annoying, Commander stone is introduced, and Dooku is a complete BAD ASS MOTHER F***ER truly a great episode for all the right and wrong reasons :).

SPLIT LIP
01-11-2009, 02:09 AM
Yup yup. Great ep.

familyman
01-11-2009, 08:06 PM
I actualy enjoyed this ep aswell, even the bit when Jar Jar ended up in the cockpit sitting with the clone trooper.

StarwarsTF
01-18-2009, 12:29 PM
Lets just say this series has now become one of my all time favorite shows. Episode 13 was an amazing episode. I am glad to see these episodes continue to make mini series, just wish some of them should have been the actual theatrical release!!!! This series is now a must watch.

Good to see Master Secura and Commander Bly working together before operation 66!

jacobot
01-18-2009, 04:01 PM
This thread should be retitled:
SPOILERS Re: Star Wars Animated Series not aired in Canada Yet:mad:

devilsknight
01-18-2009, 11:35 PM
Lets just say this series has now become one of my all time favorite shows. Episode 13 was an amazing episode. I am glad to see these episodes continue to make mini series, just wish some of them should have been the actual theatrical release!!!! This series is now a must watch.

Good to see Master Secura and Commander Bly working together before operation 66!

Damn I love this show...it keeps raising the bar ! That's all I can say...this is pretty much one of my all time favs on TV now...and when I say TV...I mean torrents...when I say torrents I mean illegal...your loss Canada TV.

I would seriously consider buying this series on DVD when it comes out !

The movie sucked...but this...from the first episode with Yoda taking names and kicking some ass has got me hook, line and sinker !

Robimus
01-19-2009, 10:21 AM
Much to my surprise the show was back on CTV last night with Cloak of Darkness.

"Now you fall like all Jedi must"

Cool Line....:)

devilsknight
01-24-2009, 04:18 AM
Just watched episode 14...my god thing of beauty. Better than 13 !

Now to find the 720p editions of episodes 13 and 14...for some reason nobody has uploaded them :(

I need HD goodness !

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
01-24-2009, 08:10 AM
Just watched episode 14...my god thing of beauty. Better than 13 !

Now to find the 720p editions of episodes 13 and 14...for some reason nobody has uploaded them :(

I need HD goodness !

where did you watch it?????

devilsknight
01-24-2009, 12:38 PM
Online torrent

Robimus
01-24-2009, 02:02 PM
Episode 10, The Lair of General Grievous, is on Sunday night on CTV. Hopefully we'll catch up to the USA eventually.

pandaprime
01-24-2009, 11:42 PM
watching ep. 14 now

Jedi Knight/Master Aayla Secura is drawn/animated really well (if you know what I mean! ;))

I find her very stimulating (if you know what I mean ;))

oh yeah the action is good too! :D

SPLIT LIP
01-25-2009, 01:27 AM
This show is pretty awesome. Loved these last two eps.

StarwarsTF
01-25-2009, 03:22 AM
I am loving this episode it is great not having to wait on space/ctv to get there thumbs out of there asses and let a good show go to waste. Though for all good things patience is a must! NAH!! Just watch it within the 24 hrs after the US have aired it. :)

Besides its always good to see the Scottish have a place in the Star wars Universe :p LOL!

jacobot
01-30-2009, 08:09 PM
Ah man... A potential new episode will be put off this week by the Superbowl on ctv :(

StarwarsTF
02-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Damn I've been busy but finally caught up on the last two episodes. No Ashoka, (finally) though another young female shows up......and why cant we all own speederbikes??? they prove to work well in the snow.

Traitors there's always traitors amongst brothers but you do have to ask yourself, has anyone asked a clone trooper "how they really feel about fighting??" Great episode it makes you open your eyes.

devilsknight
02-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Can't wait to watch episode 16 when I get home !

For those out there interested I highly recommend the Hulk vs. Wolverine movie as well !

familyman
02-09-2009, 08:49 AM
really enjoyed episode 16, Loved how they explained why they were so outgunned in the Clone wars movie.
Only 6 weeks to go until the end of season 1,, next weeks double episode looks like it could be a good one.

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
02-09-2009, 08:55 AM
so what was episode 16 another battle on christophosis or the same one like in the movie???

Mumps
02-09-2009, 03:39 PM
so what was episode 16 another battle on christophosis or the same one like in the movie???
I may be wrong, but I believe this episode takes place before the movie. I have noticed that the episodes don't really follow a very chronoligical order (not that we know when each event takes place, it just seems that way)

Robimus
02-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Yes, the shows are not appearing in the proper order. Apparently season 2 will be the same. Makes it confusing at times. Anything that Ahsoka appears in alongside Anakin obviously takes place after the Movie. Some of the other stuff is much more up in the air. Here's some specualtion I borrowed from another site:

101: Castle of Deception
102: Downfall of a Droid
103: Castle of Doom
104: Castle of Salvation
105: Bombad Jedi
106: Duel of the Droids
107: Rising Malevolence
108: Ambush
109: Shadow of Malevolence
110: Cloak of Darkness
111: Destroy Malevolence
112: Lair of Grievous
113: (unknown)
114: Rookies
115: (unknown)
116: Dooku Captured
117: (unknown)
118: The New Padawan (Christophsis revealed!)
119: (unknown)
120: The Gungan General
121: (unknown)
122: Jedi Crash
123: (unknown)
124: Defenders of Peace
125: Trespass
126: (unknown)

Which converts to, with some guesswork and webcomics taken into account, so far, to:

-TCW Movie
-Droid Duo
-Ambush
-Malevolence Trilogy
-Nute Trilogy
-(maybe unknown)
-Rookies
-(maybe unknown)
-Dooku Duo
-Aayla Duo (Jedi Crash & Defenders of Peace)
-(maybe unknown)
-Trespass
-(maybe unknown)

DECEPTICON_BRAWL
02-09-2009, 05:51 PM
I may be wrong, but I believe this episode takes place before the movie. I have noticed that the episodes don't really follow a very chronoligical order (not that we know when each event takes place, it just seems that way)

ya cuse at the end cody (or rex can't remember)said the heavy cannons are working and obi wan said there are a lot of droids coming.and at the begenning of the movie they are using heavy cannons.

GMfan
02-09-2009, 06:01 PM
I've been loosely following the show but they aren't following the proper order? thats annoying...I think I'll wait for the DVDs if this is the case...

familyman
02-10-2009, 07:49 AM
if you watch the episode it is clearly a prequal,
It practicle ends right as the movie starts.
You even see General loathsome.

MisBio12
02-10-2009, 04:54 PM
17"Blue Shadow Virus"Giancarlo VopleCraig TitleyFebruary 13, 2009Padmé and Jar Jar are captured while searching for a secret Separatist bio-weapons lab, sparking Anakin, Obi-Wan and Ahsoka to try and save their friends and halt the release of a deadly virus. 18"Mystery of a Thousand Moons"Jesse YehFebruary 13, 2009The fatal Blue Shadow virus is released, infecting Ahsoka, Padmé and many Clone Troopers - and giving Anakin and Obi-Wan just 48 hours to find the antidote on a mysterious planet from which no visitor has ever returned. 19"Storm Over Ryloth"Brian Kalin O'ConnellGeorge Krstic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Krstic)Februari 27, 2009Ahsoka disobeys Anakin's orders and loses most of her squadron, prompting Anakin to help give his Padawan a lesson in respect for authority - and the opportunity for redemption. 20"Innocents of Ryloth"Justin RidgeRandy StradleyMarch 6, 2009Upon arriving on Ryloth the Republic discovers that the Separatists have enslaved the entire population. 21"Liberty on Ryloth"Rob ColemanMarch 13, 2009The Republic attempts to free the Twi'leks from the Separatists, will they be able to save the planet in time? 22"Hostage Crisis"Dave Filoni (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Filoni)March 20, 2009To free crimelord Ziro the Hutt, bounty hunters seize control of the Senate building and take hostages, completely unaware that Jedi knight Anakin Skywalker is still inside. the last episodes

pandaprime
02-10-2009, 05:09 PM
hope we get to see more of Aayla Secura! :D

StarwarsTF
02-15-2009, 10:38 AM
So four episodes in two weeks for all us Star wars fans, man what is Cartoon network doing to us!!!! :p Another two great episodes have been watched!!!! A break next week according to CN!

Too bad CTV isn't having a SW marathon anytime soon.....

StarwarsTF
03-02-2009, 08:46 PM
So a great Asoka episode.......WTF am i saying this padwan is annoying, but this episode makes her grow up a bit more. :) Great episode.

SPLIT LIP
03-02-2009, 09:41 PM
This series is great. Even an episode dedicated to the second most irritating character on the show is great.

StarwarsTF
03-07-2009, 07:53 PM
:( :) :( :p thats all I got to say about episode 20. I forgot... that was a great/amazing episode to.

Super_Megatron
03-07-2009, 11:28 PM
Enter the Star Wars: The Clone Wars Trivia Contest - ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion (http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=838)

StarwarsTF
03-22-2009, 11:21 PM
So season 1 has finally ended and I have to say out of the 22 episodes I couldn't find anything wrong with 20 of them. Thank you Lucas! I really look forward to season two starting in Sept!!!!

Last two episodes have been a pleasure to watch :) Master Windu with commander Fox, and finally the bounty hunters have ended the season and will begin next season off as per Cartoon Network. Though lets not forget the DVD of clone wars is being released on tues (Mar 24) though sad part is its only 4 episodes. :( I think I'll keep my HD episodes until a box set is released.

bluefrenzy
03-23-2009, 04:53 PM
This is an awesome show! How awesome are the bounty hunters at the end? Bane is it? He reminds me of Chakan the Forever Man (totally rad Sega Genesis game).

StarwarsTF
09-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Ohhhhhh man less then 5 days away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/starwars/index.html

Let the bounty hunters rise and the Mandalorian Wars begin!! :) :)

Beechy
09-28-2009, 06:08 PM
So a great Asoka episode.......

I'd hit it.

jacobot
09-28-2009, 06:39 PM
So.. When does season 2 actually start on Teletoon?

StarwarsTF
09-28-2009, 11:19 PM
So.. When does season 2 actually start on Teletoon?

Ill shall findout from my friend who works at teletoon!

Prowl_2009
09-29-2009, 09:38 AM
This show is awesome! The animation is nice and for a cartoon, there is some real character development. You actually become attatched to the characters and, at least in the case of Clone Troopers, become upset when something happens to them. The team behind Clone Wars really put some depth and feeling into this show.

Also, they gave us a new, kick-ass bounty hunter who appears to be meeting up with a young Boba Fett at some point during the course of the second season!!! :D :cool:

I can't wait for Season 2 and for Season 1 to hit the shelves!!! :D

Mumps
09-29-2009, 11:35 AM
I am so happy they are finally releasing this series on Blu-ray. And I am so stoked to start watching this show again! Possibly the best thing to happen to the Star Wars universe (Though I have not read any books)

Robimus
09-29-2009, 02:09 PM
It's definitely created some new fans.

Prowl_2009
09-29-2009, 02:27 PM
It's amazing to think how many generations of Star Wars fans have come about since its 1977 release. :D

StarwarsTF
09-29-2009, 06:46 PM
So far i got(from my friend) teletoon will be having a marathon on friday oct 2 and showing episode 1 season 2 at 8-830 that night! Not confirmed yet.... Ill let you know

Robimus
09-29-2009, 06:52 PM
It would be too much to ask (Lest I dream about it ;)), that some of this news gets put on AFN by someone other than myself.

We do have like a dozen CWA threads on the go over that way, and we love new threads as well;)

jacobot
09-29-2009, 06:52 PM
Thx Dude! We'll be watching :)

Rogers guide says CW each 1/2hour 5:30 to 9pm... Yay

StarwarsTF
10-02-2009, 09:21 PM
Great episode tonight! Love Cad banes sidekick!!

TMIIWonkoNemises
10-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Great episode tonight! Love Cad banes sidekick!!

Watched the Episode just for Cad Bane.I loved that little Droid(And it's Seth Green,how appropriate!).Can't wait to see how this little Arc would end.

Robimus
10-03-2009, 02:13 AM
http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=2937

My thought are there. I'm not too impressed. Sometimes being a lifelong hardcore fan and watching this series don't mesh together that well.

There were things I like though as well.:)

StarwarsTF
10-05-2009, 02:41 PM
Sorry MODS are you guys wanting us to discuss this show in AFN only or also??? Secondly the US are bastards I saw the full hour episode they had not fair but episode 2 was awesome. :p

devilsknight
10-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Episode 3 was very enjoyable for me...kinda pulled at father strings a little lol...and I like how they are digging into the dark side more now !

Can't wait for next week !

StarwarsTF
10-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Episode 3 was very enjoyable for me...kinda pulled at father strings a little lol...and I like how they are digging into the dark side more now !

Can't wait for next week !

After watching that episode (3) I wish I had a kid also. LOL Great series and I agree can't wait till next week!!!!

devilsknight
11-03-2009, 12:50 AM
Sooooooooooooooo when's the next new episode ?!

astrana
11-03-2009, 12:51 AM
i know... i am wondering the same thing

Icetron
11-03-2009, 01:26 AM
ditto

Robimus
11-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Sorry MODS are you guys wanting us to discuss this show in AFN only or also??? :p

No, I just didn't want to give my views twice when I can just link to there.

StarwarsTF
11-05-2009, 08:20 PM
No, I just didn't want to give my views twice when I can just link to there.

No prob :)

CobraCommander
11-06-2009, 07:56 AM
So Season 2 is now airing? Oddly I don't see much of it... "online" :p

Mumps
11-06-2009, 10:56 AM
So Season 2 is now airing? Oddly I don't see much of it... "online" :p
Look harder! eps 1-4 are available in HD and SD, but the rules here prevent me from linking them >.>

And ep 5 should be up within the day.

I am always anxious for new eps of this series, I just bought Season 1 on Blu-ray and I'll do the same when Season 2 is released.

StarwarsTF
11-08-2009, 10:42 AM
Ep 5 was intense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive always been a big fan of Anikan in the Star Wars universe, but seeing Obi still in command and not showing weakness just WOW. Awesome episode!!

Prowl_2009
11-08-2009, 12:27 PM
It was really good! :cool: