PDA

View Full Version : Any Jericho Fans?

-KG-
02-15-2008, 02:16 PM
I'm just wondering if there are any Jericho fans on this board. Season 2 finally started this week (Tuesday night and a repeat on Saturday). Did anyone catch it? I absolutely love this show! It's one of the only shows I've actually enjoyed in many years. Great acting and storyline, and also very entertaining.

Robimus
02-15-2008, 02:35 PM
I will chime in by saying I did like this show, but the rushed plot lost me a while back. I did watch season 2 ep 1 and thought it more of the same. I understand that they rushed the plot because they were worried about being cancelled, to try and finish the story, but it didn't work for me.
The whole premise of the story was great. The idea of the single town, completely in the dark about what was happening in the world, desperately trying to make it on its own, was great. But they gave away the mystery too quickly. It should have taken many seasons for the government to get re-established..........I'll still likely watch it but its lost its initial brilliance for me. :)

-KG-
02-15-2008, 02:47 PM
I understand what you're saying, but the government hasn't truly been established. The western states have reunited under a new president who was a former governor. He has power because he has states and there military backing him. The true next-in-line president is in Columbus. Since the guy responsible for the bombs is in-line with the western president one can assume that they had prepared for this long before the attack.

Spacemonkey
02-15-2008, 07:38 PM
It's an interesting show, but actually, because I watch it in french, I'm only in the second half of the first season (or maybe in the last quart). The last episode I saw this week was the one where Jack, Eric, their father, Hawkins and a girl evade from New Bearn.

-KG-
02-16-2008, 02:07 PM
Yeah I remember that one. I think it's one of the best episodes.

onecoin
02-27-2008, 07:55 PM
i love jericho,, can't wait for season 2 to show up on dvd. all of season 1 is still on the official website for any newcomers to the show.

onecoin
03-23-2008, 04:27 PM
Jericho just got the axe again, shitty.

-KG-
03-24-2008, 10:43 AM
I know. They apparently shot two endings for the finale. One was a cliffhanger and one was to wrap up the show. They are apparently going to show the latter this week. That being said, there is still a possibility that the show will be picked up on cable for a third season. Stupid CBS. All these major networks care about is reality TV. There isn't very much left on TV to watch anymore...

onecoin
03-24-2008, 07:06 PM
I think there's too much to watch. Even with the writer's strike. I just hope the finale closes of the series well. I didn't think it was gonna last anyways. Even Star Trek couldn't escape being cancelled.

-KG-
03-24-2008, 07:36 PM
That's funny, I'm a big Star Trek fan too and they also messed that up. Enterprise's finale sucked.

onecoin
03-24-2008, 08:36 PM
I meant the original series, and the mail campaign for that one, I forgot all about the campaign to save Enterprise. The ending did suck, kinda just smacked you in the face.