PDA

View Full Version : Leader Sentinel Prime problems

CanBot
04-21-2015, 07:19 PM
Well after an extended time in storage, Leader Sentinel Prime is now in general population...

...but the dude just won't stand up. I've heard this is kind of a regular thing, but since I had him in alt mode for so long I didn't realize it's such a problem.

I literally can't get the guy to stand up on his own accord. Is this just something I'm going to have to get used to? I hope not!...any tips?

wervenom
04-21-2015, 08:21 PM
Not much of a tip but mine has a balancing problem as well so I use his ladder to act as a tripod. Not sure it's what you're looking for but it's the only way mine stands up

Alexander Quinn
04-21-2015, 08:24 PM
I gutted mine; took out as much of the electronics in him as I could. It lightened him up a bit and helped his centre of gravity, albeit not a ton. He was still finicky to get posed well, but if you don't care about the sounds and such it's an option.

Grimlock4Prime
04-21-2015, 10:03 PM
I took the batteries out and gave that anime pose with the hips sticking forward. He doesn't look too goofy doing it.

CanBot
04-21-2015, 11:20 PM
Modifying him in any way is pretty much a no-go for me. I really think he's impressive in bot mode, and yet wonder how reviewers like Peaugh got him to stand up....let alone make some great poses. I might take the batteries out...but I keep reading that it's some kind of balancing act thing with the way you set up the hips? I just can't seem to get it happening. Maybe with his sword and shield it affects his centre of gravity, so that may help.

I'd use the ladder as a prop, but fear the rubber hose piece on the end will break with time.

If I can only pose this guy in truck mode, it'll be disappointing. He does look great in both modes, though. Talk about features that you don't see on Leaders anymore: hands that open, tons of arm articulation...ankles. Although the feet are pretty loose on mine (as are some of the wheels joints).

If anybody else has some wisdom, please share...but it looks like he was just made back heavy. Why, who knows...not a very good choice. When you can't get a bot to just stand there in a neutral pose without tipping over, there's a problem.

Sun Swipe Prime
04-22-2015, 12:12 AM
You can get him to stand if you just lean his weight forward onto the front part of his feet.

Check out the pics. He'll fall over if you poke him hard but otherwise he's fine. He'll be even more stable if he's holding his weapon and shield because that will shift his center of mass forward a bit.

CanBot
04-22-2015, 01:45 AM
Thanks for the pics, man, much appreciated. He is finally standing on his own accord for the first time; I scoured some old posts, and found that you can position his weight on the toes and heels, rather than the middle of the foot flat. I should take a dead-side-on pic; his legs have about a 15 degree tilt forward, but from the front he doesn't look like he's leaning too far. Your pics, he looks much better. Right now, he's so precarious that any touch would probably make him fall backwards, which would suck on display. He's got no weapons in hand right now.

The biggest thing that helped I think was tightening (very carefully) a small screw that is one of three in his front foot, the one that controls the looseness of the ankle up-toe down movement. With those tightened, he stands. Without it, no way.

I also noticed something odd...can you NOT move each leg up and down independently from the each other? I never really noticed during transformation, but they always move together. Or are they just tight and can move on their own? I can only get them to move outwards independently.

For such a cool looking guy, he's touchy :D

SleeplessKnight
04-22-2015, 01:59 AM
Well, he is old. And everyone knows at that age eventually the knees give out.

Maybe you can give him a cane? Or a walker? :D

Darth Cylon
04-22-2015, 02:01 AM
Well, he is old. And everyone knows at that age eventually the knees give out.

Maybe you can give him a cane? Or a walker? :D

Not as old as Bay Jetfire...

chans formers
04-22-2015, 03:36 PM
the shield and weapon do help a bit balancing him.

Prime Sinister
04-22-2015, 04:41 PM
I have mine leaning back against the bookcase like a drunk.