PDA

View Full Version : classic colours mustang GT- WIP soundblaster

Buhawi
01-29-2008, 04:58 PM
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg94/seali_me/000_0519.jpg

when the weather permits... i believe that this will be a thing of beauty.

gripe on: i hate the how humidty and temp affects my paints. grip off.

how do you guys paint in the winter? inside of the house is too humid. the paint does not dry properly...

TTT
01-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Cool, are you gonna use the GT 350H decals ?
You might even be able to use the optional window covers that come with this kit(not shown on the box).
For those that don't know, the GT 350H was a Hertz rental car exclusive paint scheme/GT package back in the '60's when they actually rented out muscle cars like this.
I'm spray painting right now, going against everything I know about spray painting, the results are not fabulous so far.
I usually wait for a hot and dry June-Sep afternoon. and don't go near a spray can in between.

Buhawi
01-29-2008, 07:09 PM
i get the spiderweb effect or those holes and bubbles. even after cleaning it does that. i believe its the temp/humidity. i'm scared to paint over anything at the moment after getting the same results with a clean unit. at first i thought it was the white paint but it did the same sh/t with black. sigh.

i cleaned, i lightly sanded, still same effect. bubbles if not the spiderweb.

i used those decals for my deadend. now i wish had more... lol

TTT
01-29-2008, 08:27 PM
Unfortunately the bubbles/holes seem to reappear every time you paint over that area unless most/all of the paint is removed (chemically or intense sanding).
You can also try leaving the spray can in a container of hot water for 10 minutes before spraying - store your paint cans in a warm room.

Dark Rage
01-29-2008, 10:13 PM
Sorry man, AFAIK, all my gundam building friends just don't airbrush or paint in Winter, it's really bad conditions

I wouldn't do it unless you paint indoors, which needs very good ventilation.

I dont know if you airbrush or handbrush though.

Buhawi
01-29-2008, 11:08 PM
i use spray paints. i have been doing my repaints in doors since fall. never had a problem up until now. sigh. i really want to finish my projects as well.

Tech Spec
01-30-2008, 12:29 AM
what if I am just painting heads? will the paint get all messed up?

just spraying a white coat over the head, then hand painting the details, lemme know

Seali can't wait to see what you have in store man... you've been tearing it up buying all the Alts and stuff :D

TTT
01-30-2008, 03:33 AM
what if I am just painting heads? will the paint get all messed up?

just spraying a white coat over the head, then hand painting the details, lemme know

It could, I've been spraying outside then bringing pieces back inside - piece by piece.
Paint finish isn't as smooth as it could be and I can tell it's gonna need a week or 2 to fully dry.
Humidity and cold temp. are your spray painting projects enemy ! - :(

Buhawi
01-30-2008, 02:51 PM
i found a way but it involves spraying on your mat or newspaper first. try it out first on that surface, if you get a glistening smooth coat. you get the same on your target piece. you have to verify the quality of the spray each time you want to spray another piece.

make sure you have lots of sand paper. multi grit of course. sigh. its double the work.

Buhawi
01-30-2008, 03:00 PM
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg94/seali_me/avatar/000_0521.jpg
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg94/seali_me/avatar/000_0522.jpg
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg94/seali_me/avatar/000_0524.jpg

make sure you shake the can well before each spray or just wait till winters over. i still see a little spider webbing on the good piece. the other i'll try not to throw away out of frustration. i want my soundblaster now. lol

nemesis dude, if you're seeing this kindly share your winter techniques with me. :D

Buhawi
01-30-2008, 03:19 PM
scratch that. there is spiderwebbing on the good one. damn it.

Tech Spec
01-30-2008, 04:45 PM
dang man.... hope you can fix that

Buhawi
01-30-2008, 05:36 PM
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg94/seali_me/avatar/000_0525.jpg

plowking
02-05-2008, 09:48 PM
Looking good so far bud....

As far as the paint messing up on yah, I found that when I painted my Alt Soundwave from Grimlock.... I had to remove ALL the factory (silver) paint...
I had pieces that kept doing that to me too...once I did that, I had no more mess-ups.

Buhawi
02-05-2008, 09:55 PM
in the case of painting being lazy leads to more work. lol

Superquad7
02-24-2008, 05:46 AM
This piece is really shaping up buddy! Keep up the great work!

Nemesis Predaking
02-24-2008, 10:29 AM
*snip*
nemesis dude, if you're seeing this kindly share your winter techniques with me. :D

You asking me that ??? My winter paniting technique, I have my solarium set up as a paint booth & I leave the window closed until about 30mins after I put the final coat on. If I don't do it that way it's spider web city.

Buhawi
02-25-2008, 04:20 AM
thanks dude.

i almost forgot about this one. its in a bag, hopefully i didn't lose any of the screws...