PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Universe/Classics 2.0 Wave 1 Line Up

Super_Megatron
01-23-2008, 11:10 PM
Transformers Universe/Classics 2.0 Wave 1 Line Up (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=164004)

Category: Transformers Classics News

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

Robimus
01-24-2008, 12:23 AM
I liked the Sunstreaker pics I saw. Looks a lot like the concept art with a few more splashs of color. It does have a little bit of an Alt'ish look but its still a must buy for me. No dissapointment on my end for Sunstreaker.
The Onslaught I'm still not that happy with, but a different paint job could make him look much more G1ish.......
Powerglide as an Ultra? This sounds like a dumb idea.
Octane's name is changed but as long as the look is right I don't care.
Can't wait to see Prowl. Also saw some listings on bigbot.com for Ironhide and Galvatron as part of wave 1. I wonder if its right?????

jourdo
01-24-2008, 01:11 AM
Sunstreaker is definitely Alt-ish looking. We'll see how he looks in person.

Incepticon
01-24-2008, 01:30 AM
Damn... I was *really* looking forward to seeing how Sunstreaker turned out, and now that I have a copy of the preview pic, I gotta say I'm pretty underwhelmed. There is very little that resembles the concept art we were shown @ BotCon - the legs, the arms, the chest... all different and much "skinnier" than initially expected or eluded to from the BC pics. And as much as I love Alternators, I'm not really feeling that design style here on the Classics. It's not necessarily a bad figure, but certainly isn't on par (imo) with the current batch.

As for Octane being released as Tankor, I have to agree that the name change is... surprising. I figured that if they couldn't use the name Octane on its own, that they would do what they usually do by putting the faction in front of it ala Decepticon Octane. But I'm not bent out of shape about it since Octane was one of my least favorite characters anyway and I thought his triple change was as ridiculous as Broadside's.

Powerglide as an Ultra sounds awesome - assuming it's a new mold and not a leftover A/E/C mold repaint. I never really liked the idea of minibots to begin with, especially when some of them were planes, tanks, hovercrafts, or any vehicle that should have been as big, if not bigger, than regular sized characters, so I'm eager to see what they do with this.

Looking forward to Jazz - obviously - but hope it doesn't follow the Alt-ish Sunstreaker template.

Onslaught... undecided. I will be more anxious once it's 100% confirmed whether or not he'll be 1 of 5 Combaticons again or just a random stand alone character.

That said, regardless of my differing opinions of this first (and very weird) wave of Classics 2.0 characters, I'll still be buying them all. I just hope the following waves are a little more consistant in terms of character selection & overall popularity.

GMfan
01-24-2008, 01:37 AM
I'll be honest I'm a little disappointed that Octane is a deluxe and POWERGLIDE (?!!?!?) is going to be an ultra. If we are going by Powerglides G1 alt mode that would make him a A-10 Warthog and Octane was supposed to be a C-130 Hercules and now he will be smaller? C-130s are much bigger then A-10's and Octane was always taller in comparison to Powerglide to (who wasen't?). Octane's name change doesn't really bother me though. I'll still call him Octane.

Wodicus
01-24-2008, 09:52 AM
Well, I liked the list, but i think i'm looking forward to the Deluxes more so then the Ultras. I realy want the Sunstreaker, Prowl and "Tankor" figures, though i'll have to see how much one of these Ultras costs before I decide if I want to get Onslought and Powerglide, though I liked the spoiler image for Onsluaght and I'll wait to see how Powerglide looks before I decide to pass or take him. However, knowing me if I do pass on Powerglide I'll more then likely pick hm up eventually once I have nothing to but except him and have the money to do it.

I'm a little irritated that I can't see the pics of Sunstreaker, but I can live without them though given that he'll be out in stores in October.

-KG-
01-24-2008, 12:32 PM
This is good news, but whenever I hear Ultra class and the usual $39.99 price tag I cringe..

RandomFerret
01-24-2008, 01:20 PM
That's what they USED to be. Who knows what the price tag will be this time around? Prices have recently dropped for the larger size classes.