PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Church?

Robimus
01-23-2008, 12:46 AM
Driving home from work tonight I heard a news story about two brothers, last name Jones who are founding the Church of the Jedi in Whales, England. Apparently they plan to give sermons about the force, train people in lightsaber techniques and meditation.......:D. Maybe if this takes off we too can attend the Jedi Church......:p

jourdo
01-23-2008, 01:51 AM
Learning Jedi mind tricks would definitely get me out of bed on Sundays. Wait... is Sunday the Jedi holy day?

What are the religious holidays observed?

I need to know these things before I consider switching.

Dark Rage
01-23-2008, 01:55 AM
Where's the Star Trek Temple? I gotta hone my phaser skills, for the upcoming Star Trek/Wars religious crusades!

jourdo
01-23-2008, 02:02 AM
oh snap! How will the nerds choose sides?

Dark Rage
01-23-2008, 02:15 AM
I'd say Star Wars fandom is much worser when it comes to the stigma you face when meeting girls.

Batman
01-23-2008, 07:26 AM
I'd say Star Wars fandom is much worser when it comes to the stigma you face when meeting girls.

Just tell chicks your favourite Transformer is Bumblebee.

CobraCommander
01-23-2008, 11:09 AM

I dunno, chicks kinda digg Chewbacca.

Robimus
01-23-2008, 02:33 PM
Where's the Star Trek Temple? I gotta hone my phaser skills, for the upcoming Star Trek/Wars religious crusades!

Well the closest thing I can think of is a little town called Vulcan in Alberta a couple hours south of Calgary. They host a Star Trek convention every year. Neat little town if you have never visited. Had some farm equipment stores, a Subway and a Star Trek store where you can get your picture taken with cut outs of evey Trek character and the Gallelao shuttle from the Enterprise. Even have a big Enterprise on display at the town limits......:D

Robimus
01-23-2008, 02:35 PM

I'm actually always surprised at the amount of women on Star Wars fan boards. It might actually help for meeting girls.:D

RandomFerret
01-23-2008, 02:55 PM
I'd say Star Wars fandom is much worser when it comes to the stigma you face when meeting girls.You're crazy. Star Wars is Famous for laser swords and stuff, Star Trek is famous for Star Trek Conventions. Having a convention makes anything about a million times worse.

Hi, Colin!

rid
01-23-2008, 03:33 PM
A quick google gets this site (http://www.jedichurch.com/)

Robimus
01-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Wow, I could someday renew my vows in a Jedi Church ! :D

Team Jetfire
01-23-2008, 06:08 PM
Lucas to his Lawyers, 'Release the hounds...'

***taps fingers together***

'excellent....'

BadJeff
01-23-2008, 06:31 PM
I can see it now..... Huge makeshift "church" full of 20-30 year olds going at it with their homemade lightsabers taking everything way to seriously.....
...on the other hand, I'd give my left nut to be trained in the Jedi mind trick.
Me (with Jedi hand jesture) "you will make the perfect steak for dinner"
Wife (with perfect back hand) "SLAP"

Aernaroth
01-23-2008, 08:14 PM
Man, 30 years down the road, parents are going to wake up their kids and ask if they want to go to Jedi church this sunday, or Klingon church, or Flying Spaghetti Monster church, or Church E. Cheese, etc. etc.

jourdo
01-24-2008, 12:35 AM
Man, 30 years down the road, parents are going to wake up their kids and ask if they want to go to Jedi church this sunday, or Klingon church, or Flying Spaghetti Monster church, or Church E. Cheese, etc. etc.

Only in a perfect world.

MightAsWell Go4ASoda
01-24-2008, 01:55 AM
I'm more of a Sith kind of gal myself. I can only imagine the choas that would be created if i walked in with sith robes and a double ended red light saber.

IT'S THE APOCALYPSE! WE TOLD YOU THIS DAY WOULD COME. EVERYBODY JUST DO WHAT WE'VE DONE IN TRAINING! USE THE FORCE DAMMIT, USE THE FORCE!

TTT
01-24-2008, 02:19 AM
I'm more of a Sith kind of gal myself. I can only imagine the choas that would be created if i walked in with sith robes and a double ended red light saber.

IT'S THE APOCALYPSE! WE TOLD YOU THIS DAY WOULD COME. EVERYBODY JUST DO WHAT WE'VE DONE IN TRAINING! USE THE FORCE DAMMIT, USE THE FORCE!
Yah, they'd all all start doing the light saber sound effects ... shhhoooomm shoom shhhoooom shoo shoo shoom - LOL !

RandomFerret
01-24-2008, 11:21 AM
There's nothing wrong with the dark side. There must be shadow if there is light, there must be death if there is life. The Sith realise that they're as much a part of the force as anything else, and take a more active role in shaping the world around them. A Jedi is passive, yang to the Sith's strong yin. Remember, the force does not choose favourites, the force gives us whatever strength we call from it. Sith use the the dark side to do what they must, because they can.

Oh shit, I think I just founded the Jedi version of the Church of Satan.

MightAsWell Go4ASoda
01-24-2008, 02:12 PM
Yah, they'd all all start doing the light saber sound effects ... shhhoooomm shoom shhhoooom shoo shoo shoom - LOL !

LOL and then i just start force choking them, and they'll actually stop and act like they're choking cause well who can argue with a force choke.

The more the i talk about this, the more i wanna go to a Jedi church and see if they'd actually play along.........ROAD TRIP!

chisau
01-24-2008, 07:26 PM
bet you to the punch
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e265/chisau/Jeditest.jpg

Team Jetfire
01-24-2008, 07:28 PM
Haha...who exactly is the president and secretary?

chisau
01-24-2008, 07:32 PM
geroge lucaus and mark hamail

Aernaroth
01-24-2008, 08:14 PM
Oh shit, I think I just founded the Jedi version of the Church of Satan.

Suffer not the heretic to live.

Team Jetfire
01-24-2008, 08:27 PM
geroge lucaus and mark hamail

How does one achieve such an honor? Aside from the trials… J

QuadESL63
01-24-2008, 09:13 PM
Me (with Jedi hand jesture) "you will make the perfect steak for dinner"
Wife (with perfect back hand) "SLAP"

The trick only works on the weaker mind :D

Finally, a place I can use my Force FX lightsaber :rolleyes:

StarwarsTF
01-24-2008, 09:19 PM
I'm breaking out my DBL bladed FX!!!!

Robimus
01-24-2008, 09:48 PM
bet you to the punch
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e265/chisau/Jeditest.jpg

In true Star Wars nerd fashion I must point out that the New Republic officially ceased to exist a couple years ago and was replaced by the Galactic Alliance and later a new Sith Empire :p This Jedi Church has to try harder to keep up with the Star Wars Expanded Universe. :D.

chisau
01-25-2008, 01:32 AM
In true Star Wars nerd fashion I must point out that the New Republic officially ceased to exist a couple years ago and was replaced by the Galactic Alliance and later a new Sith Empire :p This Jedi Church has to try harder to keep up with the Star Wars Expanded Universe. :D.

It was dated April 2006. the Galactic Alliance and the new Sith Empire wasn't created when i got this.

Protoman
01-25-2008, 04:05 AM
What no Primus Temple?

chisau
01-26-2008, 02:05 AM
What no Primus Temple?

Sorry, that's for robotic lifeform only. and no Protoman"s" allowed.:D

RandomFerret
01-28-2008, 11:42 AM
I don't believe in Primus. Fairy tales and nonsense. Transformers evolved from naturally-occurring gears and pulleys.