PDA

View Full Version : X-Transbots: Apollyon review

Slayback
12-24-2014, 09:41 AM
X-Transbot: Apollyon
Release Date: 1st quarter 2015
Masterpiece Scaled/ Styled
Based: G1 Decepticon Leader Megatron
This is review from a test shot of Xtransbot’s Apollyon figure. The figure is Masterpiece scaled –and stylized after the Generations 1 Walther P38.
My first impression of the figure when it came out of the box – was ‘Holy cow this is a lot of metal!’ No – there isn’t metal all over the figure, but the figure does have some key areas that has a lot of metal. The figure weights approximately 0.8 lbs, by itself. (No stock or extension).

The figure itself:
I’m going to break this down into key points to make it simple.

There is a lot of weight in the legs. The weight I would say is in the feet as they are almost all metal. They’re not just a single molded piece; rather they are composed of several pieces that are hinged. Yes – the feet play a role in transformation and keep Apollyon standing firmly on whatever surface he’s on.
The feet are hinged on the top to simulate ankles. The feet can move up or down (eg keeping your heel on the ground while lifting the rest of your foot towards your shin.) He can point his toes down. He can roll his ankles, so his feet will always be firmly flat on whatever surface he’s on.
Apollyon does not suffer from skinny leg syndrome. He has thighs and they are ball jointed at the waist. He can show you his crotch should you wish it. Apollyon’s skirt does not hinder him from doing the side splits. However the front skirt will hinder him from bringing his knee to his chest.
Torso does twist at the waist. You can see down the waist but I don’t see this as an issue.
Apollyon has excellent head movement, although he cannot turn his head at a full 90-degree angle so it’s looking at his shoulder. It’s more at a 45 degree angle. At that angle, he does not look up or down.
Chest and upper torso is consistent with ‘Megatron’. He has two secret compartments in his chest. They will be a bit difficult to pop open, as they really are hidden parts.
Arms – the figure does have bicep swivel - tightness in the forearm extension prevented me from seeing this earlier. He can flare at the shoulders.
His hands are extremely articulated. 15 points of articulation on each hand, meaning fingers and thumb can bend.
Hands at the wrists can rotate. The hands also have holes -that the extra weapons can tab into.
Fusion cannon arm – This in my opinion negates the need for a bicep swivel. The fusion cannon itself is a fairly large piece. It sits on a flap on his outer forearm. The flap can swivel on the arm to cover the top of the forearm. You now have two positions that the fusion cannon can be displayed.
Weight of the fusion cannon would cause the arm to droop over time. A tab that can be flipped out from the shoulders corrects this negative effect. The arms lock in at the shoulder onto this tab keeping the arm from drooping.
Gun mode seems a little fat at the handle, but then again I’ve never held a firearm before, so I don’t know if this is off or not.

Detail

The detail on Apollyon is excellent. Its not overly complicated or grotesque like the current movie transformers. It’s more complex than the original cartoon figure, but maintains clean lines and keeps the figure easily recognizable. The head sculpt gives Apollyon a cold and ruthless demeanor that you would expect from an evil tyrant. The top of the hands bears a raised patch that clearly resembles the outline of the Decepticon logo. A very nice touch, as the test shot for Transistor had similar hands, but were void of any detail.
Gun mode detail is spot on. The gun mode even boasts of a safety switch, and the little end tab that you see at the butt of the gun. It also has the small ring at the base of the gun. The fusion cannon becomes the scope, and from my understanding – does not come off. (I was also unwilling to try and pry it off.)

Transformation

I was working without instructions, using a test-shot, and have severe tendonitis in my right elbow. Transforming this was a serious issue that caused me an endless amount of grief. That being said, the legs are ingenious, the way they fold out and in. The overall transformation is very similar to the G1 figure, Megatron, but the Apollyon head folds into his chest and arms fold into the forearm cavities. It’s an involved process but I cannot see the common transformer fan having too much difficulty with it. However if certain things are off – they figure cannot be forced to fit. It will cause issues. Pegs and swivels keep the figure very tight and together. There are no huge gaps or hollowed areas – except in the top of the shoulders. Everything else is covered.

Material

Plastic quality is sturdy, and dense. There does not seem to be brittleness to the plastic anywhere except on a row of flaps on the legs that become part of the handle of the gun. They could be considered more delicate rather than brittle.
Metal is used rather liberally. The metal for the feet is well used, as it will keep the figure standing solidly. The barrel of the gun or muzzle (sorry I’m not entirely familiar with guns) is a solid metal piece. It’s attached to other bars of metal that are integral to the transformation of the figure.

Durability

At present – this being only a test-shot, the figure is amazingly sturdy. I however will admit that I have already snapped part of the section of the leg flap. I inadvertently twisted it and it got caught on something that that forced it to snap. This was more my fault than the figure. The fingers because of the small joints may pop off, and I am unsure whether or not they are similar to the Soundwave hands that are currently on the market from KFC.

Extras

Translucent purple helmet (Sorry I don’t remember what this is from, but it fits beautifully on his head.
Translucent purple laser pistol – resembles the cartoon movie that he shoots Optimus Prime with.
Translucent purple sword - has detail and not over the top.
Translucent purple ball and chain. The chain is metal and not plastic.
Gun extension parts – decently weighted and made of sturdy plastic.

** Added
Something is quite right with my stock and extension. It does not sit in the combined form (large cannon) like the G1 version. I don’t see a method of removing the scope from the gun, so you’re not going to get the same large gun that Apollyon can use. Also there is a low angle of movement for this cannon piece. I’m hoping they will have corrected this but not sure.

*** Expected shipping date is late January 2015.

In summary, this is a bold step for X-Transbots. The plastic materials used are durable and sturdy. The detail is excellent and not over the top. The transformation is complex, yet can be simple for the more intuitive. He’s been made to have multiple poses, both action and at rest. He’s got great features such as ankles and jointed fingers. He may not have a bicep swivel, but the flap allowing the fusion cannon to move from the side of the forearm to the top of the forearm negates the lack of the swivel.
Apollyon (Megatron), is a daring figure to try and replicate. I cannot see Hasbro ever producing another gun that is realistic. No other third-party has attempted this figure, and really shouldn’t try unless it’s at a different scale or style. The figure will work well as a stand-alone figure, or fit in with other Masterpiece styled figures. The demeanor and imposing stature of the figure captures the essence of Megatron, it commands immediate obedience, and subjugation.

* Do I like Masterpiece figures?
- No
** Would I buy this for myself?
- Yes, it’s that good.
*** Will I ever transform it again?
- No.
**** Which mode is best?
- Robot.

http://madhauscollectibles.wordpress.com

Slayback
12-24-2014, 09:42 AM
saved for photos - still editing as there's a good amount

Slayback
12-24-2014, 09:42 AM
saved for photos

Deception
12-24-2014, 10:01 AM
nice review bruh

Rev
12-24-2014, 10:20 AM
Nice review. When you get a chance pm me with pricing details and expected delivery dates. You were also going to look into Invisible pricing etc.

Thanks!

Autobotz24
12-24-2014, 10:22 AM
Now the fence sitters can jump

Masta_Skidz
12-24-2014, 10:53 AM
I am still not 100% on this figure like I said before I will buy it if only to keep it for a month or two but if I even hear a whisper of a true MP Megs then this bad boy will be up for sale

xueyue2
12-24-2014, 10:55 AM
one important question: Does it has QC issue?

zfarsh
12-24-2014, 10:58 AM
Wow, nice detailed review Slayback. If I was getting Megs, I wouldn't transform him either, just care about his bot mode (I think many share this feeling).

xueyue2
12-24-2014, 11:08 AM
Wow, nice detailed review Slayback. If I was getting Megs, I wouldn't transform him either, just care about his bot mode (I think many share this feeling).

It doesn't make sense. I would transform it at least once. Otherwise this is just a bigger size revoltech megatron.

soundwave1976
12-24-2014, 11:39 AM
I'm more than sold now! It would be nice if he was out in time for OCC!

Great review, thanks!
:raisetheroof:

Slave
12-24-2014, 11:47 AM
needs video transformation to seal the deal :)

laffy
12-24-2014, 01:10 PM
no need for a video review now slaybacks word is more than enough for me :) although having one would be nice too.. man is January going to be a crazy month. :)

Rev
12-24-2014, 02:17 PM
man is January going to be a crazy month. :)

You said it!

jjwankenobi
12-24-2014, 02:22 PM
There is so much win in this thread I am erect and weeping at the same time.

Domo Arigato, Mister Slayback.

MULTIPLEX
12-24-2014, 03:48 PM
Thanks slayback. Two Questions:

Does the weight of the fusion cannon and diecast barrel cause him to lean excessively to his right in bot mode like MP-5?

Does it come with orange plug. If so, how easy is it to remove.

Nice review. When you get a chance pm me with pricing details and expected delivery dates.

Thanks!

I'd be interested too.

:doh: Wait did we agree on something again?

jjwankenobi
12-24-2014, 04:19 PM
Nice review. When you get a chance pm me with pricing details and expected delivery dates.

I'd be interested too.

:doh: Wait did we agree on something again?

(Pictured below - MULTIPLEX and Rev, Christmas BFFs)

http://www.feelnumb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/wish_you_were_here_pink_floyd_album_cover_warner_b ros_lot_photo_location.jpg (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.feelnumb.com%2F2009%2F10%2F10 %2Fpink-floyd-wish-you-were-here-cover-photo%2F&ei=yx-bVMX3O4vsoASrgoHQCQ&bvm=bv.82001339,d.cGU&psig=AFQjCNGTuAwh1TrBmoxuW_UgPDXMSPNf0g&ust=1419538673936263)

wervenom
12-24-2014, 05:19 PM
Nice work on the review. Having an issue with the colour of the arms though, hope they match the torso when he is finally released but this is pretty much bought

Slayback
12-24-2014, 05:45 PM
Multi - mine did not come with orange tab -but there will be one - and seeing how its going to be a plastic plug in an all metal muzzle - it should be easy.

No -the ankles will prevent the listing, plus the heavy foot base keeping it upright.

WerV- test shot has no colouring yet.

Jjwan- Kochirakoso arigatoo gozaimasu

Phollen16
12-24-2014, 07:16 PM
If I could afford it I would, best Megatron I have ever seen.

Amade9
12-24-2014, 07:46 PM
Nice written review! Not the greatest pictures tbh, every pose looks like a G1 toy pose. Would've been nice to see poses that show off the articulation that was written about in so much detail.

Slayback
12-24-2014, 08:00 PM
I will do the more dynamic poses in a bit. At the time of photos i was only trying to show detail, and certain aspects of the figure. Ive already been asked to photo things dynamically so i will get to it soon.

Transbot90210
12-25-2014, 02:25 AM
Great review. You made me want him.

Prime Sinister
12-25-2014, 02:30 AM
Nice review. Glad I pre-ordered him.

MULTIPLEX
12-25-2014, 03:01 AM
(Pictured below - MULTIPLEX and Rev, Christmas BFFs)

Haha, Rev must be the guy on the right. That's what happens when a dinobot drinks too much spiked egg nog and sneezes :siren:

@slayback

Btw did you get the stock and silencer with your test shot? If so, can you snap a few pics of it installed in gun mode? I have yet to see a pic of the silencer installed without it being held up or supported by hand. Just wondering if it fits well.

BoNKerS
12-25-2014, 10:19 AM
damn! this looks fantastic! Great review dude!!

Damn looks like this is on going on the wish list!

Slayback
12-25-2014, 12:29 PM
Multi - i did get the stock and silencer parts. unfortunately this really is a test shot - cant/wont force it back into gun mode. :( i've already beaten it up quite a bit. i'll still get some photos of things though and hopefully you'll like what you see. And thanks to everyone here for all your support. i'm sorta shocked about some of the negativity and assumptions being made towards/about me that are coming from down south. Amazeballs.

Longshot
12-25-2014, 01:01 PM
Beautiful review! I can't wait to bankrupt my wallet again.

Rev
12-25-2014, 02:55 PM
Multi - i did get the stock and silencer parts. unfortunately this really is a test shot - cant/wont force it back into gun mode. :( i've already beaten it up quite a bit. i'll still get some photos of things though and hopefully you'll like what you see. And thanks to everyone here for all your support. i'm sorta shocked about some of the negativity and assumptions being made towards/about me that are coming from down south. Amazeballs.

What? tfW people being idiots again?

Masta_Skidz
12-25-2014, 03:26 PM
I like the painted test shots that tfsource has posted over at there site. I do like it and the more I look at it the more I seem to want it. I am starting to think that if Takara does come out with one soon then I will just display that in bot mode and this in gun mode when that day comes

Goaliebot
12-25-2014, 06:28 PM

They are over-zealous in that thread. A few weeks ago I likened it to a cult-like atmosphere and it's gotten more so since. It's a handful of people who dominate the 3p forum and get a little... excited... at times.

I think the vast majority of us liked your review and are grateful you took the time, sir.

Amade9
12-25-2014, 08:28 PM
Ya I wouldn't worry about what they say- I'm sure the vast majority really appreciate the review, especially at a time when there was so mic uncertainty about the figure. You've laid to rest many of those and cemented the decision to preorder, at least for me....

laffy
12-25-2014, 10:27 PM
Yea don't leason to them I'm glad you did it and happy that a normal Joe blow like us get the chance to speak there mind and review what looks to be a great figure. Life should be without fear. Sadly this is the case but your friends have your back.

MULTIPLEX
12-26-2014, 12:06 AM

Cool. Thanks for the awesome review :highfive:

Wow can't even click on a link to get to the review. Too much effort I guess :doh:

Every news feed here is externally linked to TFW. Do we complain? Nope :canada:

Slayback
12-26-2014, 03:33 AM
took a bunch of photos - i wish i could get the bicep swivel on my guy.. way too tight. So the action photos are not so 'actiony' but i hope they'll be ok nonetheless. oh - photos are on the first page -with the original review. Glad i left space there :P

Rev
12-26-2014, 06:11 AM
The issues that you are having with the figure give me some cause for concern. How often do reviewers say, 'this will be corrected on the final version' and it isn't? A lot. Not that you have said this, Slayback, just that I keep seeing companies telling other reviewers in the past that issues will be corrected and they often aren't. So what we see in the prototype is often what we see in release. So I'd really like to see some final product reviews. Still, i amthankful for these advance images and opinions.

CybertronianFan
12-26-2014, 06:34 AM
I think the vast majority of us liked your review and are grateful you took the time, sir.

Vast majority is an understatement, despite whatever negativity displayed on TFW's boards.

... I'm sorta shocked about some of the negativity and assumptions being made towards/about me that are coming from down south ...

Eh, I wouldn't let it get to you. Some people tend to jump many guns (pardon the pun) when they're unfamiliar with something/someone, especially those that do not broaden their horizons outside particular boards one might be acustomed to. A good majority do know of you and your well earned reputation. Those that were not aware of you now are and have become very curious.

Thank you greatly for taking the time to post the pic review both here and on TFW. It speaks very well of your dedication as well as it was a phenomenal review. It has aided many that visit both/either sites to make a more educated decision about investing toward Apollyon. In addition, it also opened the venue to some that are used to visiting TFW exclusively to now expand on an additonal site for their transformers info :)

Greatly obliged,

KPhilipsen
12-26-2014, 08:45 AM
The TFW boards are a wretched hive of scum and villainy.

CybertronianFan
12-26-2014, 09:26 AM

Odd, that's what other sites (and there are a few about) say about you all here :p ;)

KPhilipsen
12-26-2014, 10:44 AM
Odd, that's what other sites (and there are a few about) say about you all here :p ;)

By all means but those sites are just jealous of our stylish toques and delicious poutine. :p

Rev
12-26-2014, 11:29 AM

:p

Come on. It is hard to be mad at Candians. We are too polite and likeable. :)

jjwankenobi
12-29-2014, 03:10 PM

By all means but those sites are just jealous of our stylish toques and delicious poutine. :p

Chode Smokers, the lot of 'em.

We Canucks heartily respond with:

https://myspokenheart.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/a91c3457188765cb18dbc045bf97f9.jpg (https://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fmyspokenheart.wordpress.com%2Fta g%2Fbob-and-doug-mckenzie%2F&ei=HKahVIrmIJTsoATns4CwCA&bvm=bv.82001339,d.cGU&psig=AFQjCNEmKu7f7AqALVFIqEK7cfxhY1Engw&ust=1419966346799411)

shazam
01-07-2015, 05:36 PM
I jumped and put my pre-order in, the pictures did it for me. Looking forward to it.

blindsorcerer
01-07-2015, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the review , I need bulk ramen noodle for the rest of winter.

PrimeCron
01-19-2015, 01:00 PM
I recently seen this test shot and this figure is amazing looking...if you are/were the fence you may want to change your mind... it's an amazing piece...

Pascal
01-19-2015, 01:46 PM
How heavy compared to Soar?

Ironwave
02-07-2015, 11:03 AM
That's just Megatron repainted...IMO

Masta_Skidz
02-07-2015, 11:16 AM
it is a 3rd party Megatron for mp collectors this is a non-painted test shot

Slayback
02-07-2015, 11:33 AM
That's just Megatron repainted...IMO

what exactly do you mean in your opinion that's just megatron repainted? ...

Goaliebot
02-07-2015, 11:39 AM
Hey Slayback, am I right in thinking Appolyon can't be put into a full sitting position, as in if you wanted him sitting on Lincoln's memorial chair or some kind of Decepticon throne?

Not a deal breaker for me, just curious.

Slayback
02-07-2015, 12:10 PM
yes, no sitting for megs.

laffy
02-07-2015, 04:02 PM
yes, no sitting for megs.
omg please don't tell me that it matters that he cant sit please this having to have all this movement is really upsetting.. yes I want better than g1 but some of the stuff today do we really need then to sit on the crapper or chairs and such ? I just want a product that looks good can move and transformer that's it :)

Sun Swipe Prime
02-07-2015, 07:37 PM
I just want a product that looks good can move and transformer that's it :)

Different people want to do different things with their toys. Some like put them in cool poses, etc., not just stand them on a shelf.

And for a $200 toy, I think there are reasonable expectations to put on what the articulation should be like, one of them being well articulated knees.

Slayback
02-07-2015, 09:48 PM
Knees bend fine. its the bend at the top of the thigh and hips. There's a flap in the skirt that does not bend or is not mobile. that flap prevents the thigh from moving into the seated position.

MULTIPLEX
02-08-2015, 01:45 AM
Why would you sit him? If anything, he needs to stand over Prime.

"IT'S OVER, PRIME!"

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-images/screen-captures/images/6684-1/prime_megs_004.jpg

Slayback
02-08-2015, 01:44 PM
Apollyon get his eyeshadow...

MULTIPLEX
02-08-2015, 10:25 PM
That face does look good, slayback.

But I prefer to think of it as really bushy eye brows ;)

jjwankenobi
02-09-2015, 11:36 AM
Extraneous MPs purged, preorder funds secured.

Dear Apollyon: My Body Is Ready.

Metrotitan
02-09-2015, 12:04 PM
Where are you getting your Apollyon?

laffy
02-10-2015, 04:18 PM
slayback hes based in Toronto and the best guy to deal with.. :)

jjwankenobi
02-10-2015, 04:59 PM

Automaton, though I coulda/shoulda went with one of the local private 3P/KO/grey market dealers that have recently popped up in my area.

Rodimus Prime1
02-10-2015, 07:03 PM
Automaton, though I coulda/shoulda went with one of the local private 3P/KO/grey market dealers that have recently popped up in my area.

Got mine pre-ordered with him too! and I pre-paid glad I did now!

meecha96
04-07-2015, 06:43 PM
How do I get this through slayback?

Rodimus Prime1
04-07-2015, 06:50 PM
^ He's on the boards, just pm him, he also started this thread :D

meecha96
04-07-2015, 07:06 PM
Thanks!!

jjwankenobi
04-08-2015, 04:21 PM
You may have to find another source:

Hey Everyone!

Unfortunately i am sold out. Pre-orders for me were a long time ago. People are asking me about pricing - truth is, i don't know. The initial price was set months ago - since then our Cad $ has gone to shit and there's been numerous changes to the figure itself. I don't know if Xtransbots has changed the price, and won't really know until i get invoiced. I know people might not like that -but it is the reality of the situation. I try to help out when i can but as you know.. growing business yaddayaddayadda. thanks for those who continue to support Canadian businesses from A3U to Automaton and everyone inbetween.

Slayback

jjwankenobi
04-08-2015, 04:49 PM
TF-Direct perhaps? I'd confirm availability beforehand, though.

http://www.tf-direct.com/store/xtransbots-mx-i-apollyon-preorder

Rodimus Prime1
04-08-2015, 04:57 PM
You may have to find another source:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-itLpbdVhjBo79P0roWIPxXIdjPb2AkHWDVl3AkZsbodwX3XXxA

jjwankenobi
04-08-2015, 06:05 PM
Or you could say:

http://media.giphy.com/media/9wZuFnWreJQgU/giphy.gif
Apollyon? Nope-ollyon.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBvHlRDARJNfeyiVgjHX6SIfRHNw4qa tGLBH8SnuLf1_dPnI4ytg (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2Fgifs%2Fcomme nts%2F31op68%2Fsnowden_bust_replaces_a_war_monumen t_in_brooklyn%2F&ei=0aUlVbekKZevoQS_5oDgAg&bvm=bv.90491159,d.cGU&psig=AFQjCNHiPeW6Azg2X8pBPW0tuuOSCWMqfw&ust=1428617047816191)

Devotron
04-09-2015, 12:26 AM
TF-direct.com is the way to go for me!

Devotron
04-09-2015, 02:31 AM
Just talked to the people who run TF-Direct.com they are excpecting 50+ apollyons and pre-orders are still up!

Masta_Skidz
04-09-2015, 06:50 AM
I got mine paid 200 shipped dont forget to use the coupon code ebay5 to get 5 off your order

From tf-direct.com

Ironwave
05-08-2015, 12:28 PM
Is MX-I Apollyon all black? And he is missing the Decepticons logo on his chest, but we have Reprolabels for that :D

http://gd1.alicdn.com/bao/uploaded/i1/TB1nFkoGFXXXXcaXpXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg_400x400.jpg

jjwankenobi
05-08-2015, 12:53 PM
^That's the prototype.

Final product will be sexily coloured like G1 Megatron.

Ironwave
05-08-2015, 01:02 PM
He is released already, and I find that MX-I Apollyon is better than MP Megatron, but lacking the Cons logo on his chest.

Sun Swipe Prime
05-08-2015, 02:50 PM
^That's the prototype.

Final product will be sexily coloured like G1 Megatron.

Sorry for the interruption. But "sexily coloured?" Hahah... I think some people's pants will be sexily colored when they get this.

Ok, that end today's childish interlude. I'm out.

jjwankenobi
05-08-2015, 03:03 PM
Sorry for the interruption. But "sexily coloured?" Hahah... I think some people's pants will be sexily colored when they get this.

Ok, that end today's childish interlude. I'm out.

SSP, childish interludes should never really cease, IMO.

He is released already, and I find that MX-I Apollyon is better than MP Megatron, but lacking the Cons logo on his chest.

Not a licensed Hasbro product so no official logos like all 3P productions. ReproLabels will take care of that, no doubt.

joshimus
05-08-2015, 04:49 PM
I hope to have Apollyon and Felisaber sometime in the next couple weeks.

Ironwave
05-08-2015, 09:47 PM
Apollyon looks better than MP Megatron in every way

jjwankenobi
05-20-2015, 03:12 PM
All Hail Apollyon!!!

Just got shipping confirmation from Automaton that he's on the way!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41yu7ASnZhL._AA300_.jpg (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lelong.com.my%2Ftransformers-chronicle-ch-02-g1-megatron-dotm-movie-megatron-k-cindylee-114989149-2012-11-Sale-P.htm&ei=KNxcVZeSNsnYoATygoDwCg&bvm=bv.93756505,d.cGU&psig=AFQjCNEz3CryNNh9WUbDbEWGjylPhB9Qew&ust=1432235419901679)

Erect trigger crotch = Excitement

Rodimus Prime1
05-20-2015, 03:32 PM
All Hail Apollyon!!!

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41yu7ASnZhL._AA300_.jpg (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lelong.com.my%2Ftransformers-chronicle-ch-02-g1-megatron-dotm-movie-megatron-k-cindylee-114989149-2012-11-Sale-P.htm&ei=KNxcVZeSNsnYoATygoDwCg&bvm=bv.93756505,d.cGU&psig=AFQjCNEz3CryNNh9WUbDbEWGjylPhB9Qew&ust=1432235419901679)

Erect trigger crotch = Excitement

WHAT!!!!!!! :EEK: when did you order yours? I was back in NOV . I thought I pulled the trigger first, and no not the one in your picture

jjwankenobi
05-20-2015, 03:49 PM
WHAT!!!!!!! :EEK: when did you order yours? I was back in NOV . I thought I pulled the trigger first, and no not the one in your picture

Pre-ordered in November too, paid in February.

http://webpagefxblog.webpagefx1.netdna-cdn.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/jedi-mind-trick-o.gif (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.webpagefx.com%2Fblog%2Fmarket ing%2Fnon-intrusive-pop-ups%2F&ei=neRcVcqvL8iroQTbgILYBg&bvm=bv.93756505,d.cGU&psig=AFQjCNEz4_S8-Ou0utnaEQ7lyLej0VNHng&ust=1432237598287503)

Patience, Rodimus Prime1.

You'll get your notification soon enough...

xueyue2
05-20-2015, 04:08 PM
Mine is here already. I got it from Chimungmung.

My feeling is: It's ok, better than any other G1-gun version Megatron for sure, but not good enough to quality as a MP level transformers.

It's kind of remind me of KFC Stack : It has potential but not there yet. For sure it's not as solid as FT quakewave.

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=28521&d=1432152390

Masta_Skidz
05-20-2015, 04:21 PM
it isn't much of a let down I figured that Apollyon wouldn't be all that it was supposed to be. Here is hoping that wave 2 is better unless it is just the figure itself that sucks then there is no hope. If I am not super impressed when mine gets here I might just sell it.

Goaliebot
05-20-2015, 04:58 PM
All Hail Apollyon!!!

Mine too! Wooooooooo! :raisetheroof:

Mine is here already. I got it from Chimungmung.

My feeling is: It's ok, better than any other G1-gun version Megatron for sure, but not good enough to quality as a MP level transformers.

It's kind of remind me of KFC Stack : It has potential but not there yet. For sure it's not as solid as FT quakewave.

Matches what I've perceived from the threads over on TFW. Except for there's a handful of crusaders over there jumping down the throats of people with complaints. Not sure I'll post anything over there if I'm unlucky and get a lemon... Not worth the yelling.

Sun Swipe Prime
05-20-2015, 05:50 PM

Your picture gave me a heart attack when I saw CW Megatron was taller than Apollyon. Then I realized your CW Megatron had your custom feet mods on it. Hahha.

xueyue2
05-20-2015, 06:02 PM
Your picture gave me a heart attack when I saw CW Megatron was taller than Apollyon. Then I realized your CW Megatron had your custom feet mods on it. Hahha.

Haha, sorry. I just want to compare two versions of mine, don't mean to cause confusion.

MULTIPLEX
05-20-2015, 11:37 PM
Megatron is a gun. Pretty much the only reason I "pulled the trigger" on this. Doubt wave two will be any better in the materials department.

jjwankenobi
05-21-2015, 12:07 AM
Megatron is a gun. Pretty much the only reason I "pulled the trigger" on this.

Amen to that.

Gun.

Not dragon or tank or space jet or space tank/jet or attack 'copter.

Gun.

(Although the space jet in TFTM '07 and the 'copter in TFA were sorta alright, IMO)

MULTIPLEX
05-21-2015, 12:27 AM
(Although the space jet in TFTM '07 and the 'copter in TFA were sorta alright, IMO)

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/mckayla-moroney-meme-original.jpg

B13
05-21-2015, 01:54 AM
Megatron is a gun, but Apollyon will never be one! hehehe I am not transforming this thing ever! Too risky!

Gun mode MP-5 will accompany him instead! Good match!

steamwhistle
05-21-2015, 02:02 AM
I never thought I'd being seeing McKayla Maroney here. Not complaining.

Now someone making a face sculpt with a similar face pose for Apollyon would be epic.

Rodimus Prime1
05-21-2015, 10:41 AM
Pre-ordered in November too, paid in February.

http://webpagefxblog.webpagefx1.netdna-cdn.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/jedi-mind-trick-o.gif (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.webpagefx.com%2Fblog%2Fmarket ing%2Fnon-intrusive-pop-ups%2F&ei=neRcVcqvL8iroQTbgILYBg&bvm=bv.93756505,d.cGU&psig=AFQjCNEz4_S8-Ou0utnaEQ7lyLej0VNHng&ust=1432237598287503)

Patience, Rodimus Prime1.

You'll get your notification soon enough...

http://imoviequotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/1-Star-Wars.gif

I HAVE IT NOW !!!

jjwankenobi
05-21-2015, 12:08 PM

I HAVE IT NOW !!!

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/64/64753b2e457911650edeceef9f619c9af4897d8f9122bbea35 795101eeba9566.jpg (http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3t2qcu)

jjwankenobi
05-21-2015, 12:12 PM
http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/62407611.jpg

Fixed.

MULTIPLEX
05-21-2015, 01:53 PM

I HAVE IT NOW !!!

Yes, you have version 1 now :canada:

MULTIPLEX
05-21-2015, 02:09 PM
Fixed.

It's spelt CHOPPA!

http://s16.postimg.org/s0u63zp1h/article_2470951_18_E41_D0_E00000578_236_634x443.jp g

Pascal
05-22-2015, 12:23 AM
Well, it does look the part in robot mode, but the transformation is as nightmarish as on MP-5 and it seems no amount of massaging can get the hilt perfectly right. Still glad I have it!

Goaliebot
05-22-2015, 11:26 AM
Canada Post is currently taunting me with it being in the city since the weekend hours of this morning, but somehow not getting on the damn truck for delivery, so now I'm looking like Monday. Though they're still cheerfully listing is as expected delivery = today just to rub it in. :argh:

Pascal
05-22-2015, 11:26 AM
Which number did you guys get btw? I got #25.

Pascal
05-22-2015, 11:28 AM
For sure it's not as solid as FT quakewave.

That's because Quakewave is a very simplistic figure with way less moving parts.

wervenom
05-22-2015, 11:28 AM
Canada Post is currently taunting me with it being in the city since the weekend hours of this morning, but somehow not getting on the damn truck for delivery, so now I'm looking like Monday. Though they're still cheerfully listing is as expected delivery = today just to rub it in. :argh:

CP is having some issues with updates today. I was tracking something I sent. Dropped it off on the 19th and was delivered yesterday but the website still says it at the post office lol

jjwankenobi
05-22-2015, 11:35 AM

Are the Apollyons numbered then, Pascal?

Pascal
05-22-2015, 11:50 AM
There's a number stamped in the box inside the left upper flap.

Rodimus Prime1
05-22-2015, 12:49 PM
Yes, you have version 1 now :canada:

I'm hoping for #1 :) one can dream can't he

Pascal
05-22-2015, 01:10 PM
On TFW2005, several got #002, so it must be a batch number or something.

xueyue2
05-22-2015, 01:19 PM
That's because Quakewave is a very simplistic figure with way less moving parts.

No, Pascal. The quality difference is clearly there. For example the fingers.
When I tried to turn Apollyon's right thumb, it dropped right away. For a moment I thought I broke the thumb, luckily I didn't, it just not connected very well. When I looked closely, the connection for the fingers are very thin, easy to loose.
While my FT Quakewave never had this issue, even the hand is made of clear plastic, which usually is more fragile.

Pascal
05-22-2015, 01:28 PM
You gotta compare apples with apples. Quakewave's hands are less articulated, for sure they'll be sturdier.

MULTIPLEX
05-22-2015, 03:24 PM
What is the significance of this "number" you refer to and where is it displayed (figure stamp, box, etc)? I must have missed something.

Rodimus Prime1
05-22-2015, 03:39 PM
What is the significance of this "number" you refer to and where is it displayed (figure stamp, box, etc)? I must have missed something.

Don't worry I told SB to make you wait for yours and give you his very last one :canada: :p

Pascal
05-22-2015, 03:50 PM

I thought the figures were individually numbered, but it appears some people share the same numbers, so it must be something else. It's under the upper left flap of the box.

jjwankenobi
05-22-2015, 03:59 PM

http://www.portmeiriononline.co.uk/product_images/prod_zoom_center/portrait-mcgoohan-red-045997-550.jpg (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.portmeiriononline.co.uk%2Fpro duct%2FThe_Prisoner_I_am_not_a_Number_Canvas_Art_P rint&ei=k4pfVeypNpbdoAS6v4GoAw&bvm=bv.93990622,d.cGU&psig=AFQjCNEPHPndoEfLOdLuZWoVvgDek8nkoA&ust=1432411149071869)

Rodimus Prime1
05-22-2015, 04:14 PM
http://www.portmeiriononline.co.uk/product_images/prod_zoom_center/portrait-mcgoohan-red-045997-550.jpg (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.portmeiriononline.co.uk%2Fpro duct%2FThe_Prisoner_I_am_not_a_Number_Canvas_Art_P rint&ei=k4pfVeypNpbdoAS6v4GoAw&bvm=bv.93990622,d.cGU&psig=AFQjCNEPHPndoEfLOdLuZWoVvgDek8nkoA&ust=1432411149071869)

or this 6 :wink:

http://scifiscience.co.uk/img/movies/Jessica3.jpg

B13
05-22-2015, 09:11 PM
I agree with Youtube reviewer Bobby Skullface. Apollyon is good shelf material, but not a good Transformer. Too many frustrating elements. It doesn't feel MP and it's not MP anyway. Just my opinion.

Rev
05-22-2015, 09:44 PM
I agree with Youtube reviewer Bobby Skullface. Apollyon is good shelf material, but not a good Transformer. Too many frustrating elements. It doesn't feel MP and it's not MP anyway. Just my opinion.

Sounds like how people described Kronos. I really liked my Kronos.

B13
05-22-2015, 11:21 PM
Sounds like how people described Kronos. I really liked my Kronos.

It is very sad, the feeling of finally getting this so much anticipated piece and realizing it's not as great as you expected... Well not SAD really, but sad still. :p

MULTIPLEX
05-22-2015, 11:44 PM

Love his reviews. Never sugar coats his opinions. Nobody wants to give him any test shots cause he will actually, well you know, tell the truth.

steamwhistle
05-23-2015, 12:11 AM
I thought the figures were individually numbered, but it appears some people share the same numbers, so it must be something else. It's under the upper left flap of the box.

I wonder if people with the same numbers have similar "issues" with their figures.

Despite the negative reports, I'm still jealous of you all getting Apollyon now or soon!

Goaliebot
05-23-2015, 10:12 AM
Well, mine did arrive yesterday in the end. Quick check shows the head is attached, so cross one known issue off the potential problem list :)

Will open and attempt transformation today. If I don't report back in a fortnight, send a team of Sherpas.

Pascal
05-24-2015, 12:22 AM
Transformed my Apollyon back to robot mode tonight... NOT FUN! But the end result is worth it.

Longshot
05-24-2015, 11:54 AM
I enjoyed my Apollyon, but is he my favourite MP style Megatron? I would say yes. I did not like the official MP Megatron and Hegemon came close to what I envisioned G1 Megatron to be before the likes of CW G1 Megatron.

Goaliebot
05-24-2015, 09:49 PM
Tacky cross post with TFW:

Well. At last this long road has reached its destination, for me.

He arrived Friday but small demanding people infest my house and so I had no "sit down and enjoy a TF" time until this evening. My thoughts, for all zero of you who've been wondering...

He's hot, but crazy. Like the Barney Stinson Hot/Crazy scale, in TF form.

1) He's beautiful. At TFcon, all any seller of him needs to do is have one out on display in bot mode. He'll sell like mad. Don't let anyone try to transform him though.

2) I got super lucky, which is rare for me. I haven't found anything serious as far as "QC". There are some small paint flaws, some flash, but nothing was broken/bent/etc as far as I can tell so far.

3) Yes, I transformed him. Yikes. I once bought a used MP05 with no instructions that I figured out by myself and still transform to this day. I enjoy transforming FP Diesel (Motormaster). This guy is a Whole. Nuther. Level. The engineering is super ambitious, and clever. But scary.
- this is an unforgiving transformation. There are lots of steps that are easy to make a mistake on, and a mistake can be a break in some cases. Plastic is decent, but there is so little room for error, especially with small swing arms (legs, arms) and that tiny little waist bar thing. I needed a Phillips and flathead screwdriver at a few points in each direction. Collapsing the chest was a moment of toy-terror, as was uncollapsing it.
- I do expect it will be easier the second time, and even easier the third. But he will never be an *easy* transformation and this is not one to do while distracted by TV or kids or pets.
- I transformed him with his arms off, since they popped off pretty quick. It was easier anyway. I hate the rivet joint the swing arms (for the arms) attach to his chest with. Scarier looking by far than the 2 at the hips.
- paint buildup can make some joints and pegs too snug, so be careful when they resist moving.
- one of his ankle tilts wouldn't move: quick half turn of the screwdriver fixed that.
- although his arms pop off easily, mine can hold his canon up fine. Weird.
- he clips together in gun mode about as well as my MP05 does, which is "meh".
- one thumb hates the hand it is attached to and seeks to flee it constantly.

Time for scores, which I can only apply to the specific one I got which, again, seems to be a really solid one:

Looks: A+
Engineering Design: A
Engineering Execution: B-
Materials Quality: B-
Expected Durability (with use): C
Value: A

If you get a good one (even after some replacement parts or a figure swap), and you like complex transformations and can take your time transforming him (or don't transform him), then he's a great figure and an awesome value at $150 with all the extras.

Heck, I could see his shelf presence alone being worth the $150.

Overall: He should logically get about a B, B+ but he looks so damn fine that I can put up with the crazy and bump it up to an A-.

jjwankenobi
05-26-2015, 02:13 PM
You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes well you might find
You get what you need

-The Rolling Stones

Such were the words that kept going through my mind as I unboxed my newly arrived Apollyon just now.

I won't reiterate some of the great reviews that have preceded me but I will share these initial reactions:

packaging is stellar
incredible likeness to the animation reference
plastic is not Hasbro or Quakewave-level
decent "heft", but lighter than you expect
orange plugs are in there pretty good
both arms fell right off but stay up pretty good (that is weird, Goaliebot)
he'll be a nightmare to transform (still gonna try at least once)
I wanted Quakewave 2.0.

Instead, I got a decent MP-10 scaled "G1 Megatron" that will look magnificent posed beside Optimus atop my Detolf which is what I need.

Bonus picture:

What Apollyon thinks about his right arm falling off within minutes of unboxing.

PrimeBane
05-26-2015, 02:40 PM
Got mine last night and I have to agree with material comments.

Still, it's the best MP like Megatron to date and goes great on the MP shelf.

Unsure if I'd pay $200 again for one...

Rodimus Prime1
05-26-2015, 02:54 PM
Such were the words that kept going through my mind as I unboxed my newly arrived Apollyon just now.

both arms fell right off but stay up pretty good (that is weird, Goaliebot)

[/LIST]I wanted Quakewave 2.0.

Instead, I got a decent MP-10 scaled "G1 Megatron" that will look magnificent posed beside Optimus atop my Detolf which is what I need.

[LEFT]What Apollyon thinks about his right arm falling off within minutes of unboxing.

WHAT!!!! mines still in Montreal

Obviously as OP found out he is not made of sterner stuff.

I don't think it's a defect it's inherent with megs

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v494/NeoYi/Blogging%20Pics/Transformers/TheTowerAwards_zps3a074bbd.jpg

Pascal
05-26-2015, 04:48 PM

Agabyss.com?

Goaliebot
05-26-2015, 05:27 PM
I got #002 on my box, from Automaton.

jjwankenobi
05-26-2015, 06:16 PM
Agabyss.com?

Non, Ã* Mario au Automaton.

B13
05-26-2015, 07:58 PM
I don't seem to have a number at all. I looked all around the box, inside and outside!
This number probably has more to do with the factory than the stores/clients, I guess.

xueyue2
05-26-2015, 09:40 PM
I don't seem to have a number at all. I looked all around the box, inside and outside!
This number probably has more to do with the factory than the stores/clients, I guess.

Which means you have a KO version of Apollyon!
Must from WK or CD or Weijiang :doh:

jjwankenobi
05-26-2015, 10:00 PM
Anyone able to remove the larger safety plug from the flash compensator attachment? The one from Apollyon's barrel was easy enough but the bigger one is in there pretty tight like a porn scene prop.

Pascal
05-26-2015, 10:03 PM
Haven't tried yet, not sure I'll ever use those parts, not enough space on display.

jjwankenobi
05-26-2015, 10:10 PM
Wish I had your pragmatism, Pascal. Bought the JustiToys add-on for MP-5 to justify MP-5 in the first place so Apollyon's attachments were a big selling feature. The small part that pegs onto the underside of the artillery cannon mode on mine that acts as a counterweight doesn't want to peg in either. Somethig tells me I shouldn't try to convert him into a gun while watching Game Of Thrones as I'll need all my wits and patience no doubt.

xueyue2
05-26-2015, 10:16 PM
Anyone able to remove the larger safety plug from the flash compensator attachment? The one from Apollyon's barrel was easy enough but the bigger one is in there pretty tight like a porn scene prop.

I tried very hard and didn't succeed. It's super tough. I think if I tried harder, I will break the toy first.

B13
05-26-2015, 10:19 PM
Which means you have a KO version of Apollyon!
Must from WK or CD or Weijiang :doh:

This makes me think about the KO Downsized MP-5 (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-masterpiece-47/knock-off-downsized-masterpiece-megatron-168654/) that was never put in full production. That would have been cool!

Pascal
05-26-2015, 10:33 PM
^Need to hunt down that yizhi guy to get a prototype...

Echotransformer
05-27-2015, 09:36 PM
I can't get it out either, I tried heat, steam, even alcohol...I wrote Transbots for some advice, hopefully I hear back.

Chigimus
05-27-2015, 09:56 PM

Tried something like this yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_jsB0K65XU

If pushing on the plug isn't doing much for you, you could try just giving the screwdriver a swift tap upwards like this guy did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmPw7QTfKQw

xueyue2
05-27-2015, 09:57 PM
I can't get it out either, I tried heat, steam, even alcohol...I wrote Transbots for some advice, hopefully I hear back.

Did u see any tips from TFW2005?
I'm think drill a hole on that orange plug, the get it out piece by piect.

Echotransformer
05-28-2015, 07:17 PM
Tried something like this yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_jsB0K65XU

If pushing on the plug isn't doing much for you, you could try just giving the screwdriver a swift tap upwards like this guy did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmPw7QTfKQw

Yes, that's what I tried first, and with considerable force, I might add. I tried vice grips and supporting the inside while twisting also..

Did u see any tips from TFW2005?
I'm think drill a hole on that orange plug, the get it out piece by piect.

I might do that, but the adhesion is so strong I'm a bit concerned ill end up with uneven bits of orange on the inside...hoping I hear from Keith then maybe I'll bring out the heavy machinery!

MULTIPLEX
05-28-2015, 07:52 PM
Yes, that's what I tried first, and with considerable force, I might add. I tried vice grips and supporting the inside while twisting also..

I might do that, but the adhesion is so strong I'm a bit concerned ill end up with uneven bits of orange on the inside...hoping I hear from Keith then maybe I'll bring out the heavy machinery!

Just curious. Did you happen to buy yours from a US retailer?

jjwankenobi
05-29-2015, 11:41 AM
It looks as though my Apollyon will remain in bot mode forever.

Last night I tried to get him into gun mode. Nightmarish conversion but everything was going swimmingly well until the left leg would not collpase in on itself. Using the trusty mini screw driver provided I loosened some screws on the left inner calf and tried again. This time the inner mechanism got jammed in a 45 degree angle and I exuded a "FFFuuuuuuuuuuUUUU....!!!!" so pronounced no doubt my neighbours were considering a call to Child Services.

Anyways, leg is fixed, shoulder ball joints are tightened and the large orange cap still remains in the flash compensator until I can locate a super long screwdriver to punch it out. Conversion may be tackled another day but for now he's happily posed battling Optimus in robot mode.

I figure the proportionally accurate mini Megatron guns that came with MP Soundwave, MP01 Convoy and MP-11SW are handy whenever I need to depict his alt mode anyways.

Rodimus Prime1
05-29-2015, 12:26 PM
Opened mine last night, wow impressive. :bow:

Had him beside me until I went to bed, wife wouldn't let me bring it to bed to play with so more though :argh:

Everything I was expecting in bot mode anyway, which is how he will be displayed. Felt pretty confident posing and playing. Way better than MP-05 which never came out of his box and was handled with kids gloves.

I don't think you could do it much better (bot mode) except for the little I/s leg flaps, they bug me, but that's it. As for transforming a bot to a realistic gun is pretty much an engineering nightmare so I'm OK with it and this was never a concern for me. It would be great if you could, but I don't it's possible.

OH and the unopenning was like being a kid a xmas again.

PS Box art is great too!!!.

I'll have a look at the plug, might be able to driil it out

Echotransformer
05-29-2015, 06:50 PM
Just curious. Did you happen to buy yours from a US retailer?

I got him from Automaton! If I don't hear from Keith I might ask Mario about it.

Managed to Transform mine...things went pretty well until the chest wouldn't collapse...a half hour later with patience and fiddling it finally slid past. I found I couldn't get all the panels aligned, but overall the transformation was reasonably logical...other than the way the arms end up on the little sticks...wow that part was insane! I mean I'm glad it does transform but it is not satisfying.

Still the bot mode...omg it looks so good...posed him with the Season 1 seekers and it was hard not to jump for joy!

Prime Sinister
05-30-2015, 10:05 PM
Proof that I too had the courage to transform Apollyon.
Back to robot you go :)

MULTIPLEX
05-30-2015, 10:25 PM

I see you still have one orange plug in place. Could you not remove it?

jjwankenobi
05-31-2015, 12:37 AM

When it comes to mustering the mettle to attempt converting my Apollyon again I rely on the wisdom of The Tragically Hip who once said

"Courage, my word. It didn't come, it doesn't matter"

Mega-Prime 316
06-06-2015, 01:51 PM
I got mine in the mail early last week and transformed it for the first and most likely the last time. lol. Robot mode, as state before, is a awesome sight to behold and once transformed is a pretty cool looking gun with the extended barrel and shoulder stock added! While transforming him I was scared to death of pulling out a pin or something with the arm transformation. The metal "rods that each arm swing out on worried me and the little latch on his back that you flip over to begin the upper body transformation was another worrisome spot for me. Once he was back in robot mode he was placed on my shelf with my other MP Decepticons.

Masta_Skidz
06-18-2015, 01:06 AM
I got mine the other day and i have to say that is am impressed with it.

Sun Swipe Prime
06-18-2015, 01:51 AM

Weird thing. I think I got really lucky with my Apollyon. My plugs weren't glued in, so I just pulled them off. Also, my Apollyon's shoulders don't pop off. I've got the extra shoulder pieces, but I don't need them.

Transformation was fairly straightforward. The only two issues I have are I had to remove a screw in one of the arms to get it to fully extend so the bicep swivel worked. Also one of my hips pegs in a little loose, but it's not too bad.

Otherwise everything else is just the right tightness, transformation doesn't make me too nervous.

FYI if anyone hasn't figured this out yet. But that little plastic piece that swivels out to let the metal armatures pass through the body, pulling that out and getting the armatures across is way easier if you just pinch the red spring-loaded sides. This pushes the chest forward to allow easy access, so tools needed.

riders80
06-30-2015, 07:28 PM
Received my order for the Apollyon from ages 3 and up. Xtb has done a great job with the second run. The 2 i received are flawless and the shoulder joints hold the accessories very well. The orange plugs in the one came unglued and pulled out with no effort. The other plug i am having problems taking of the silencer part. Tried hot water and hammer, but no such luck.

laffy
06-30-2015, 07:34 PM
Received my order for the Apollyon from ages 3 and up. Xtb has done a great job with the second run. The 2 i received are flawless and the shoulder joints hold the accessories very well. The orange plugs in the one came unglued and pulled out with no effort. The other plug i am having problems taking of the silencer part. Tried hot water and hammer, but no such luck.

Trust me the only way to get it out is use a soldering iron and melt the top off than make a hole in the middle and carefully start to melt the orange part in side the silencer and than just as your close to the black inside wall part of the silencer use a small flat head screw driver and break that part off and slowly work around the plug with the flat head and it will just pop off and omg no damage at all... :)

laffy
07-01-2015, 12:30 PM
Ive also used the floor polish on the fingers and omg Im going crazy happy right now as my fingers are nice and tight and im just loving my mp megs now all i did was put a drop of polish in each little hole of the fingers and tiny drops in the joints on the wrist , i went to bed and today now my hands are beyond perfect very happy how they turned out now its almost time to transform him to gun mode :)