PDA

View Full Version : Shipping time Question from US

Dark Rage
01-15-2008, 06:03 PM
Hey guys, I was just curious about a shipment that I ordered from the states (Maryland). I accidently chose regular shipment and I was emailed the invoice after I found out.

It said that it would arrive at march 6th! Is this possible? Unfortunately, it was sent at the same time that I got my invoice, which I'll be needing it soon. Now, I checked the US map and saw that it wasn't that far from Toronto, so maybe it'll come earlier.

Do you think it's likely to come earlier, or is the seller's international estimates just grossly exaggerated? I thought that US Postal Service stopped offering Surface mail to packages going to Canada.

Thanks.

Pascal
01-15-2008, 06:38 PM
2-3 weeks at best, even with standard shipping.

rid
01-15-2008, 06:41 PM
Unless it was regular *ground* shipping

Pascal
01-15-2008, 06:49 PM
I got my DX Megazord in about a week with ground shipping... I wouldn't worry much.

soundwaveCA
01-15-2008, 07:15 PM
Any package from the US will usually take a week, two tops in 99.9% of cases.

Dark Rage
01-15-2008, 08:37 PM
Thanks guys, that's what I thought too, they must be over-estimating the shipping quotes to avoid complaints.

But I was told that USPS stopped ground shipping to Canada, or something like that, from what TFW members have told me.

Skylynx
02-01-2008, 03:51 PM
Hey Dark,

I got some items and it took 5 weeks to receive it...by ground from USA

Probably end Feb and before March!

Its possible to take 5 weeks....

Pascal
02-01-2008, 04:19 PM
But I was told that USPS stopped ground shipping to Canada, or something like that, from what TFW members have told me.

Don't always believe what you read on that board, I received one shipped ground with USPS just last week.

That reminds me when a bunch of guys on TFW2005 were trying to excuse Asian sellers for asking $30 to ship a deluxe figure with standard airmail pretending it was close to the real cost, that they were using EMS, bla, bla, bla...

I got confirmation from 2 different Asian sellers that the actual shipping price is less than half that price. Proof : they're still making money with the Animated samples (including Voyager figures) by selling them $1 + $30 shipping... I just bought Voyager Evac + 1 Real Gear from an Asian seller and the actual shipping price for airmail shipping was $15.50. Delivery in less than 10 days. Most Asian scammers would have asked $30 plus another $20-25 because of their legendary "no shipping combine" policy. They might charge EMS, but they don't use EMS. Their standard airmail includes tracking (something that's not available with Canada Post despite the higher fees... go figure).

jourdo
02-01-2008, 04:20 PM
I've had things take 4 to 6 weeks sometimes. Anyhting sooner than that is a bonus in my books.

Pascal
02-01-2008, 04:22 PM
I paid for my SWTF Snowspeeder on Jan 10, I have yet to receive it. But guess what? I got an email this morning from the seller telling me he only shipped it on the 25th... Tracking says the parcel is already on Ontario, meaning I should get it on Monday or Tuesday. If it takes long, it might be because the seller took forever to put your stuff in the mail.

QuadESL63
02-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Usually 1-2 weeks, 3 weeks max. by airmail (can't remember what the service is called in the States).

However, if the Canadian Custom & Border Service detained your parcel for examination then sky is the limit :D I have had a parcel that was detained and it took a total of 6 weeks to get here (Calgary, when I still live over there from somewhere in the East coast I think).