PDA

View Full Version : Terminator - Sarah Connor Chronicles

CobraCommander
01-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Anyone else started watching this show? I'm just glad they have T-800 Endo's running around causing havoc :D

ooh_henry
01-14-2008, 10:50 PM
Man when did this start?

CobraCommander
01-14-2008, 10:52 PM
It's showing right now on CTV, it started yesterday and will continue every monday at 9:00pm est.

Super_Megatron
01-14-2008, 11:05 PM
Pleasantly impressed with this show.

Dave-astator
01-14-2008, 11:33 PM
I think that would be awesome for John Connor....having your own sexy teenie terminator chick!
I could just imagine what I would do with her if there was nobody trying to kill me....hehehe

Aernaroth
01-15-2008, 12:14 AM
I'll probably keep watching, but I'm not sold on the show yet. I like that they're trying new things and making a new continuity, but I don't think I like the fact it feels a lot like a TV drama (even a teen drama at times *shudder*) and less like the terminator movies.

Dave: I'd be wary, you don't know precisely what parts are meat and what parts are gears and machine and other unfriendly things.

Spacemonkey
01-15-2008, 02:12 AM
I watched the two premiere episodes and i like it, i think i will watch the next episodes too.

pud333
01-15-2008, 03:38 AM
I'll probably keep watching, but I'm not sold on the show yet. I like that they're trying new things and making a new continuity

Same here. I was was pleasantly surprised by the pilot, considering i had 0 expectations, but i think you're right: it totally reeks of a new continuity. I think part of the problem is the writers are hampered with the short time-line between T2 and T3, and how that ended, so they're limited in what they can do, unless they create a new continuity with more time jumping. Ultimately, we know they fail in destroying skynet, cause T3 happens. Sort of like the Enterprise show and how it was limited by being a prequel to the original Startrek series, which digressed into all sorts of random crappiness.

I'm hoping it doesn't suck, but then, I was never a huge Terminator fan, so I could go either way on this. :o

ohnaji
01-15-2008, 05:13 AM
I watched the pilot months ago and have been eagerly waiting for the series official start. I found the majority of the story to be structured well. The first episode is actually really smart. Although 'Cromartie', is a plot hole, I'm willing to forgive this creative conceit, because judging from the preview, it looks as if we're in for some fun, twisted shenanigans.
I'm enjoying it so far. Hopefully Fox doesn't cancel it. We're already inundated with game shows and increasingly annoying reality tv programming.

Apparently it debuted (http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/james-hibberd/2008/01/sunday_ratings_foxs_terminator.php) really well. Yay,...for the writer's strike? I hope they get back to work soon so we'll get more episodes this season.

-KG-
01-15-2008, 12:19 PM
I liked it overall, I'm just hoping they don't totally ignore T3. According to T3, Sarah Connor dies in 1997. This series starts in 1999, and she's alive. I was happy when the female Terminator told her that she died 2 years ago. At some point (hopefully) they'll have to go back in time and restore the timeline. I mean, they traveled to 2007 and the world was destroyed in 2003. They're obviously gonna use some sort of temporal peradox scenario I just hope T3 still happens somehow...

Crobot91
01-15-2008, 12:37 PM
Watched the second episode yesterday (missed the first episode - damn!). Enjoyed it thoroughly. Even my wife was entertained. :)

Lots of promise so far; I only wish they would give the new actress portraying Sarah Connor a hairstyle & hair colour that would match the previous actress. Also, she should be more cynical and upset IMO...

pud333
01-15-2008, 02:01 PM
I liked it overall, I'm just hoping they don't totally ignore T3. According to T3, Sarah Connor dies in 1997. This series starts in 1999, and she's alive. I was happy when the female Terminator told her that she died 2 years ago. At some point (hopefully) they'll have to go back in time and restore the timeline. I mean, they traveled to 2007 and the world was destroyed in 2003. They're obviously gonna use some sort of temporal peradox scenario I just hope T3 still happens somehow...

You're right, she died in 1997 according to T3 from leukemia I think. In the second episode, she apparently dies in 2005. I am so confused already. I guess it will be a separate continuum after all. :mad:

While T3 may not have been the best of the series, I think it still had some good plot twists and ideas. I mean, I certainly enjoyed it.

Oh, and another thing: love the Terminator style of fighting. Slamming each other through walls is pretty awesome.

-KG-
01-15-2008, 02:16 PM
You're right, she died in 1997 according to T3 from leukemia I think. In the second episode, she apparently dies in 2005. I am so confused already. I guess it will be a separate continuum after all. :mad:

While T3 may not have been the best of the series, I think it still had some good plot twists and ideas. I mean, I certainly enjoyed it.

Oh, and another thing: love the Terminator style of fighting. Slamming each other through walls is pretty awesome.

I think when she said she dies 2 years ago she meant literally, not by date. So they might be in 2007, but 2 years ago to Sarah Connor would be 1997. That would at least fit in with T3.

pud333
01-15-2008, 02:39 PM
Just checked back on the downloaded version. The Terminator says actually says Sarah dies Dec 4 2005. That's messed up.

-KG-
01-15-2008, 03:11 PM
Just checked back on the downloaded version. The Terminator says actually says Sarah dies Dec 4 2005. That's messed up.

Really? I don't remember that. Okay well that really messes things up...

mitchmurphy
01-15-2008, 05:18 PM
im enjoying the show. i wasnt going to watch it at first because T3 was so bad.

if the rest of the season is of the calibur of the first 2 episodes than i will probly get it on dvd when released

Aernaroth
01-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Really? I don't remember that. Okay well that really messes things up...

The creators announced this show follows a different continuity from T3, one that branched off after T2. So the significant changes make sense in that regard, and who knows, maybe we'll be seeing some big differences in how time travel is dealt with.

Evan
01-15-2008, 09:01 PM
Maybe all they changed was the date to fit in with modern times. Like how World War 3 dates change in Star Trek. Or maybe it is in its own little world. Either way, I've enjoyed it so far. If you missed the 2 parts on Fox, it's supposed to air as the full two hours on Space, Saturday at 9:00pm.

CobraCommander
01-15-2008, 09:37 PM
A co-worker of mine brought up an interesting point in the 1st episode, after the term was jolted and had to wait 120 secs to reboot, why didn't the TeenTerm take that opportunity to destroy him?

Other than that the show looks like it has great potential, I just hope to see more T-800's running around without skin :D

borihazard
01-16-2008, 12:58 AM
imo i think this series is pretty fresh eh, with the teen terminator and all..and a WAY better looking sarah connor.i think they did a good job of making her rough and beat up tho. i think arnold shud do a cameo in the series..LOL
________
CHEAP VAPORISERS (http://www.vaporizers.net/)

dak
01-16-2008, 04:22 AM
I watched the Pilot, thought it was alright... But the actress playing sarah Connor annoys me.

ooh_henry
01-16-2008, 05:32 PM
They should have a cameo of Linda Hamilton as a terminator.

CobraCommander
01-17-2008, 12:33 AM
Next Monday's episode looks promising, from the look of the trailer it appears that the Terminator will have a child :p

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/6866/termyel4.jpg

Aernaroth
01-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Or a way of making a new pretender shell.

CobraCommander
01-23-2008, 11:13 AM
Or a way of making a new pretender shell.

Yeah, you were right!

That was a pretty good episode, I like the humor they are trying to induce in the show "bitch whore" or was it "whore bitch" :D

pud333
01-23-2008, 02:14 PM
Yeah, you were right!

That was a pretty good episode, I like the humor they are trying to induce in the show "bitch whore" or was it "whore bitch" :D

Yeah, I like the humor too. It's that naive terminator humor that is throughout the movies. Glad they kept that, instead of making the show too serious.

Monday's episode was okay.

JLvatron
01-23-2008, 06:22 PM
It's showing right now on CTV,

CTV?? Wow, what's the parent network?

CobraCommander
01-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Its origin is from Fox network.

kakit
02-04-2008, 08:41 AM
From Queen Gorgo to Sarah Conner lol What about the actress bothers you? So far I don't mind, I think the acting is good, much better than Bionic Woman imo.
I watched the Pilot, thought it was alright... But the actress playing sarah Connor annoys me.

QuadESL63
08-22-2008, 09:28 PM
I know I'm a bit... slow? :D but I have just watched the whole 1st season. Pretty decent IMHO :cool: It looks like a continuation of T2 and totally disregarded T3... I wonder how well the upcoming T4 will tide to this continuity.

I don't watch much TV these days (in fact for the last few years)... so when will season 2 start?

JLvatron
08-23-2008, 12:05 AM
The creators announced this show follows a different continuity from T3, one that branched off after T2.

Characterly, they follow T3; as John is not the gung-ho character from T2, but closer to the "weight of the world depressed" John from T3.

JLvatron
08-23-2008, 12:08 AM
I know I'm a bit... slow? :D but I have just watched the whole 1st season.

No worries, dude:cool: . While I saw a few eps in the winter, I just finished watching a bunch of awesome eps broadcast in Saskatoon over the last 2 weeks.

Really like the show, and it's funny seeing Brian Austin Green in a serious role.;)

JLvatron
08-23-2008, 12:10 AM
I only wish they would give the new actress portraying Sarah Connor a hairstyle & hair colour that would match the previous actress.

Normally I'm of the same school of thought, but in this case I kinda like her being a little different. Maybe cause Linda Hamilton was so good (at least in T2) that an imitation would be a cheap imitation.
So they carved a new mold.

Blurrz
08-23-2008, 02:29 AM
Terminatar: SCC Season 2 airs on September 8th.

I'll say it again too. Summer Glau is hot.

QuadESL63
08-23-2008, 11:20 AM
I'll say it again too. Summer Glau is hot.

She is a "terminator" all right :D

Terminatar: SCC Season 2 airs on September 8th.

Global or CTV?

Blurrz
08-23-2008, 02:49 PM
CTV I believe.

QuadESL63
09-08-2008, 06:01 PM
CTV I believe.

The 2nd season premiere will be aired on "A" channel tonight!

ohnaji
09-08-2008, 10:49 PM
Anybody watch it tonight? I thought it was a great second season opener though some parts were a tad on the hokey side. The big reveal at the end was pretty much telegraphed from the promos but it was still fun to see the 'finger bang of death' return. I really like this show, and I'm digging Summer Glau's performance, so I'm hoping Fox doesn't cancel this series in favour for some obnoxious reality tv program.
I'm also hoping it keeps the 8pm time slot so it doesn't compete with Heroes. Fox should give this show every chance to succeed especially with the new movie coming out next year.

jjwankenobi
09-08-2008, 11:03 PM
The Terminator series ended with T2 in my opinion, and hopefully will be concluded with Terminator: Salvation.

T3 was overbaked and tried to cash in on T2's glory, and Terminator: SCC is an abomination that is a veiled attempt to get fanboys like me to fall in love with Summer Glau's roundhouse kicks...

QuadESL63
09-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Anybody watch it tonight? I thought it was a great second season opener though some parts were a tad on the hokey side. The big reveal at the end was pretty much telegraphed from the promos but it was still fun to see the 'finger bang of death' return. I really like this show, and I'm digging Summer Glau's performance, so I'm hoping Fox doesn't cancel this series in favour for some obnoxious reality tv program.

They should have kept Glau/Cameron malfunction for a few more episodes (or even the whole season) to make things more interesting.

Anyone thinks Chaily will die soon?

ohnaji
09-08-2008, 11:46 PM
They should have kept Glau/Cameron malfunction for a few more episodes (or even the whole season) to make things more interesting.

Anyone thinks Chaily will die soon?

I think the malfunction was meant to be the original season one cliffhanger, which would have made more sense. I thought it was fine the way it was handled, and it hasn't been completely resolved. Although, I think the producers are really pushing the John, Cameron angle a bit too hard this early in the season. It's interesting for what it is, but this pairing is seemingly doomed from the start. I hope the writers can do something unique with it other than the stereotypical A.I learns to love route.

Charley's screwed no doubt(if that who're talking about), but I think it's more likely agent Ellison will bite the doubt the dust.