PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Art Storm ES-14 Series Roadbuster

PrimeCron
05-05-2014, 09:28 AM
After walking around for a while at the recent 80‘s Toy Expo, I decided to purchase an Art Storm ES-14 Series Roadbuster from Slayback aka Eric and vice versa.

The 4.4’’ figure is made of Die-Cast, PVC and ABS materials. In term of size comparaison, I would say that he’s between scout and deluxe size figure. It also has a green LED light that lights up with the push of a button. I will have to buy the batteries.

Includes:
Roadbuster Figure
3 set of hands
Shoulder Cannon
2 weapons which can be combined
Stand kit with a nice Autobot Logo

Good:
Very posable with lots of possibilities
Nice weight
Transformation is fairly simple
Instruction booklet is pretty straight forward

Cons:
The legs felt a bit floppy at first but when standing the weight of the figure make it stand very well
Should cannon won’t stay on... it appears to be the plastic/paint on the peg may be too thick to clip on his back…
Batteries – I love things that lights up, but I hate that I need to hunt for batteries, it’s like FT Quakewave all over again.

I don’t really know how to grade figure out of 10… but all I can say is this is a nice figure to really consider… Just full of awesomeness and really cannot wait to add some batteries…

PrimeCron

xueyue2
05-05-2014, 09:41 AM
I also scored something good.
I bought a non-complete chogokin Dancouga for $30. It's missing the wing and eagle head, but everything else looks good.
I'm very happy with the price. :D

Slave
05-05-2014, 10:03 AM
I gtot this one and love it, it goes well with my OP Pirmars... but I hate the fact that we need to remove the head to put him in vehicle mode... WTF am I suppose to do with the head once i transform it? I hate parts formers... I was really disapointed once I had it in hands and saw we had to remove the head to put it in vehicle mode...

Stil in robot mot he's super awesome...

PrimeCron
05-05-2014, 10:20 AM
I gtot this one and love it, it goes well with my OP Pirmars... but I hate the fact that we need to remove the head to put him in vehicle mode... WTF am I suppose to do with the head once i transform it? I hate parts formers... I was really disapointed once I had it in hands and saw we had to remove the head to put it in vehicle mode...

Stil in robot mot he's super awesome...

I agree that the removal head is definitely a down side... My smallest/biggest disappointment is the shoulder cannon that just won't peg properly... it's very loose I know a small adjustment is needed somewhere but I just can't figure it out how to go about it - obviously glue isn't an option:p... Any recommendation?...

Pascal
05-05-2014, 10:52 AM
So no partsforming other than the head? Can he bend at the elbow?

PrimeCron
05-05-2014, 11:03 AM
So no partsforming other than the head? Can he bend at the elbow?

Pascal, very posable... Ankles, bending legs at knees, ball joints at hips and shouders and bending at the elbows...What else would you like to know???

Slave
05-05-2014, 11:04 AM
@Primecron: yes my shoulder canon is also very loose, but I didnt mod it... glue didnt felt like a good alternative so I let it loose... it's on display in my shelf anyway so as long as I dont play with it ot there isnt a huge earthquake... its all good lol

@Pascal: yes there is elbow articulation... but the guns are too big... if you want it to hold a gun, the arms needs to be extended... the gun's stock goes longer than the elbow so it needs the arm straighten out so he can hold it straight.... but yes there is elbow articulation ;)

Pascal
05-05-2014, 11:13 AM
Ok, I'll stick to my Brave Gokin version then.

PrimeCron
05-06-2014, 09:15 AM
I took quick pictures this morning before leaving for work - not the best one, sorry, but you'll get the idea - Roadbuster with the stand...

BoNKerS
05-07-2014, 09:20 PM
thanks for taking the time to post up your comments and feedback bro!

seems like a nice little figure!