PDA

View Full Version : Wii !!!!!!!!!!!!

devilsknight
12-14-2007, 05:24 PM
For those looking to buy that elusive Nintendo Wii for Christmas

Futureshop.ca has them in stock right now...350 units...saves you tonnes of trips to the store lol

Good luck.

BlitzFire
12-14-2007, 08:31 PM
god these things are hard to find. i got lucky and a friend who works at futureshop let me know that they had a few in....received 12 the day before. I picked up the second last one

bluefrenzy
12-16-2007, 12:38 AM
Man I hate scalpers! I'm looking for one for my brother and when I look in the online classifieds ... the jerks are selling them for 400-500! Just like with the PS3 last year. I hope these idiots don't sell them for their asking price and have to let them go for less than store price.

jourdo
12-17-2007, 01:22 AM
Man I hate scalpers! I'm looking for one for my brother and when I look in the online classifieds ... the jerks are selling them for 400-500! Just like with the PS3 last year. I hope these idiots don't sell them for their asking price and have to let them go for less than store price.

Apparently Future Shop (at least Shawnessey) got some on Friday. They were gone in no time. Keep your eyes open on UsedCalgary and Kijiji.ca. There are some decent prices (not many... but you stumble across the occasional one). My assistant just picked one up for her kid for around $325 or so (from UsedCalgary). Yes, she still paid a scalper, but when the Wii is on the top of Santa's list... what are you going to do?

Goaliebot
12-17-2007, 04:31 PM
People are lining up at stores when they open in hopes they get some stock in. Most stores have signs on the front doors now saying "No Wiis in Stock" since they are getting hounded.

That said, I got one of these 350 from Futureshop on the 14th. Consolewatch didn't email me, I just happened to randomly check my FS-Wii bookmark (for the zillionth time) that afternoon. Bought one right in the middle of the madness - the 350 units lasted about 20min.

I didn't breathe a sigh of relief/happiness until today when I got the shipped email.

In the face of all the scalpers and such, I like to think my situation is one of the good Wii-find ones: My 5 year old son and 8 year old daughter LOVE Nintendo games. We are still getting a lot of fun from our Gamecube, but we are running out of good, family-friendly fare on it. They get me to do the playing and they just want to watch (and shout orders at me). We've beaten Mario Sunshine, Zelda Wind Waker, Zelda Twilight Princess, Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door, and more. We were doing well on Metroid Prime when it started giving my son nightmares so we had to shelve that one. We are now working through Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life.

My son especially has become the biggest Mario fan in the world. He draws him, has little r/c cars of him, has a stuffed Mario, Luigi, and Wario that he sleeps with every night. He dresses up as Mario. He is Mario nuts.

And now, unknown to him, a Wii is on its way to be unwrapped x-mas morning along with a copy of Super Mario Galaxies. I had been telling them we couldn't really get a Wii this year because they are so hard to find. And god bless em they aren't acting spoiled or complaining about it, they understood.

My son, and daughter, are going to FREAK when they open it. I'm even surprising the wife with it since she has no clue I found one, and she loves playing the Wii as well (we once had a Wii party at our house with some friends who have one).

devilsknight
12-17-2007, 05:54 PM
I find it kind of funny that, for almost the entire summer Wii's were everywhere. Heck I had a few Zellers store employees when I was looking at games to download, they would say to me how nobody asks for them anymore and they have tonnes in the back. LOL

Now they are once again the hit for Christmas, and not alot of people took the opportunity during the summer when they were in plentiful stock to pick one up for Christmas. Oh well, that's what Christmas was all about the hunt, I now understand what my mom went through each year to find us specific Transformers when me and bros were kids...lol

The Wii by far beats the crap out of XBOX 360 and PSIII in so many different ways. My brother owns all 3 of them, and he says everything that the PSIII or XBOX 360 is missing and you must purchase, the Wii already has. Nintendo released the complete system and made it affordable by a mile.

That's exactly why i'm faithful to them and have never even thought of buying XBOX or PS because as much as they have some pretty kick ass games...Nintendo is far and beyond the curve and always produces top notch games for the older folks and some great multiplayer games anyone can play.

Plus there's nothing quite as unique as a Wii party. I've had dozens of them since I bought mine last February, even more when I moved into my own house. My neighbours are gonna hate me in the summer when they move outside and onto the projector.

If you can beat a Nintendo game you can beat any game, this especially applies to the NES Generation, we know what it's all about ! :) You take some of the noobs who are XBOX and PS only and never touched the NES, pop in Mario I or Mario III...or either Zelda game...good luck to them.

Nintendo FOREVER !

Team Jetfire
12-17-2007, 06:38 PM
I just thought I would weigh in on a good experience that I had tying to find a Wii for my little ones.

About a month ago my wide and I decided that we would get one for our son for Christmas, but they were very hard to find. Even with tips from the members here there was no way I could find one. We almost paid 500 on ebay, but as luck would have it, my wife placed an ad on Facebook. Some guy contacted us and sold us his, barly used one for 300.00. Still over the retail price, but get this, it came with two (good) games. SOLD!
I'm not sure if we would have found a Wii, but it took a lot off my mind before Christmas.

As for the Ad on facebook, some asshole tried to help us out by selling their used one for 500.00.

yeah, no thanks...

devilsknight
12-18-2007, 12:43 AM
I just thought I would weigh in on a good experience that I had tying to find a Wii for my little ones.

About a month ago my wide and I decided that we would get one for our son for Christmas, but they were very hard to find. Even with tips from the members here there was no way I could find one. We almost paid 500 on ebay, but as luck would have it, my wife placed an ad on Facebook. Some guy contacted us and sold us his, barly used one for 300.00. Still over the retail price, but get this, it came with two (good) games. SOLD!
I'm not sure if we would have found a Wii, but it took a lot off my mind before Christmas.

As for the Ad on facebook, some asshole tried to help us out by selling their used one for 500.00.

yeah, no thanks...

That's not a very nice thing to call your wife now is it LOL :)

jourdo
12-18-2007, 01:34 AM

I noticed that too. TJ has probably been beaten to a pulp and is currently in intensive care and cannot edit the post. God speed with your recovery TJ!

bluefrenzy
12-18-2007, 04:27 AM
Heh ... I spoke to the FutureShop guys and they said that they had people lining up at 5am to get a Wii. Insane!

MightAsWell Go4ASoda
12-18-2007, 01:40 PM
i personal don't think it's worth it yet.
Getting there. It'd be WAY too hectic to get one durring christmas season. Jesus i remember how hard it was to find an N64. This must be 10 times as worse.

Lining up at 5am just doesn't work for me =P

Aernaroth
12-18-2007, 01:44 PM
Put a hold or a preorder or a deposit or whatever on one. Most stores are willing to do that, and then call you when they get one in. The system is old enough now that there shouldnt be any trouble.

Team Jetfire
12-18-2007, 02:14 PM

I noticed that too. TJ has probably been beaten to a pulp and is currently in intensive care and cannot edit the post. God speed with your recovery TJ!

:o good lord that was a bad error...glad that she doesn't read these things...lol.

maybe she does know...I said the 'safe word' like eight times last night but she wouldn't stop. My poor nipples...:(

mitchmurphy
12-18-2007, 02:27 PM
People are lining up at stores when they open in hopes they get some stock in. Most stores have signs on the front doors now saying "No Wiis in Stock" since they are getting hounded.

That said, I got one of these 350 from Futureshop on the 14th. Consolewatch didn't email me, I just happened to randomly check my FS-Wii bookmark (for the zillionth time) that afternoon. Bought one right in the middle of the madness - the 350 units lasted about 20min.

I didn't breathe a sigh of relief/happiness until today when I got the shipped email.

In the face of all the scalpers and such, I like to think my situation is one of the good Wii-find ones: My 5 year old son and 8 year old daughter LOVE Nintendo games. We are still getting a lot of fun from our Gamecube, but we are running out of good, family-friendly fare on it. They get me to do the playing and they just want to watch (and shout orders at me). We've beaten Mario Sunshine, Zelda Wind Waker, Zelda Twilight Princess, Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door, and more. We were doing well on Metroid Prime when it started giving my son nightmares so we had to shelve that one. We are now working through Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life.

My son especially has become the biggest Mario fan in the world. He draws him, has little r/c cars of him, has a stuffed Mario, Luigi, and Wario that he sleeps with every night. He dresses up as Mario. He is Mario nuts.

And now, unknown to him, a Wii is on its way to be unwrapped x-mas morning along with a copy of Super Mario Galaxies. I had been telling them we couldn't really get a Wii this year because they are so hard to find. And god bless em they aren't acting spoiled or complaining about it, they understood.

My son, and daughter, are going to FREAK when they open it. I'm even surprising the wife with it since she has no clue I found one, and she loves playing the Wii as well (we once had a Wii party at our house with some friends who have one).

sounds awsome. i too recently got a wii, totally by accident from ebgames 2 weeks ago. i called and they had 6 left. so i picked it up with mario galaxy, metroid and harry potter.

its going to be a major surprize cuz ive lead everyone to belive that we wont get one until the summer:)

devilsknight
12-18-2007, 04:51 PM
sounds awsome. i too recently got a wii, totally by accident from ebgames 2 weeks ago. i called and they had 6 left. so i picked it up with mario galaxy, metroid and harry potter.

its going to be a major surprize cuz ive lead everyone to belive that we wont get one until the summer:)

I've done that a few times led my cousins or brothers or even my parents to believe I couldn't find something for them. It's a priceless moment when they open it up cause it's completely unexpected and what makes Christmas awesome.

Goaliebot
12-18-2007, 04:59 PM
It arrived today! WOOOOOO!

I buzzed over to Walmart and got WiiPlay, a nunchuck controller, the Zapper w/Zelda Crossbow Training, and Super Mario Galaxies (which WalMart pricematched to Real Canadian Superstore's sale price of $39.99 this week).

All is now well hidden and my wife and kids have no suspicion of the x-mas surprise in store! Wooooo! :D

12-19-2007, 12:37 AM
i got mine the first day it came out. everyone gave me a hard time for doing so....now those same people are trying so hard to find one.

Icetron
12-19-2007, 01:09 AM
I got mine randomly one day, sometime in December last year when I went to Best Buy they JUST got them in after they told the campers they had none and they left or something. Pretty lucky for me. :) Too bad I haven't played much and I only own 4 games other than Wii Sports... (Wiiplay, Link's Crossbow Training, Zelda, and Mario Galaxy). 2 of those were mostly bought for the accessories. Still waiting for SSBB....

MightAsWell Go4ASoda
12-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Still waiting for SSBB....

Precisely why i haven't gotten a wii yet. i'm waitng for that to arrive too. Damn delay's.

MangaSpawn64
12-19-2007, 02:40 PM
I wish I had one... looks fun !

Plugged into my projector, it'd really be something ! :eek:

devilsknight
12-19-2007, 09:10 PM
I wish I had one... looks fun !

Plugged into my projector, it'd really be something ! :eek:

Take it from my experience...it's awesome.

Madjester
12-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Put a hold or a preorder or a deposit or whatever on one. Most stores are willing to do that, and then call you when they get one in. The system is old enough now that there shouldnt be any trouble.

LOL

Please DON'T follow this advice.

This is the most aggravating question I get at work (At TRU/excluding wii and guitar Hero questions)

You cant prepay and you shouldnt be giving your credit card info over a non-secured phone line

If we were able to put peoples names on a list, seriously be prepared to be person 9000 and not to get it by Christmas eve

No store, in there right mind, will hold a wii for someone or should allow one person to buy more than one. Its the busy Christmas season and stores are so understaffed that we dont even phone people for rainchecks. To much crap is going on.

Unless your a regular, no ones gonna hold anything for you, or your really nice and you find someone that breaks the rules

Goaliebot
12-20-2007, 01:15 PM
I've seen some real ugliness and such in the stores when I've been shopping, a lot of it around the Wii availability.

Walmart: Saw 2 guys chewing out the cashier in electronics:
Angry guys: "another employee told us you had Wiis!"
Cashier" "I'm sorry sir, but we don't. We are completely out of stock and have been all week."
Angry guys: "Are you telling me the other employee lied?!"
Cashier: "No, I'm not sure why he would have said that. Do you know the employee's name?"
Angry Guys: "So is he the liar or are you?!?!"

:(

I don't get why people take frustrations out on cahsiers when it is so clearly not their fault. I've never worked retail, but I've always felt it my responsibility to treat retail employees extra nicely since they seem to get walked all over by so many other people...

beatrush
12-20-2007, 01:30 PM
I bought my Wii way back in March, but I run into them very frequently at Zellers and HMV. I usually pick them up and send out a mass internal email asking if anyone wants it and sell it to them for cost + $20.

I get 50 replies in 1 min......

jourdo
12-20-2007, 02:36 PM
No store, in there right mind, will hold a wii for someone or should allow one person to buy more than one.

I had one held for me yesterday at Future Shop. Well I was holding it for bluefrenzy. I let it go and they put it back on the shelf (which I imagine lasted all of a few minutes).

It helps to have a manager on the inside to help you out at times.

BlitzFire
12-20-2007, 03:23 PM
i bought mine october...its still in the box (wrapped now). i bought if for my gf for xmas...she knows its there and shes going nuts because shes not allowed to touch it...mwahahahah

shes a big resident evil fan...so i got the new resident evil game (umbrella chronicles) and i was finally able to get my hands on a wii Zapper (that gun thingy), but she doesnt know i have one. i told her i couldnt find any

jourdo
12-20-2007, 04:47 PM
Heh... funny story from about 20 minutes ago.

Here is the background: My assistant was looking for a Wii for her son. She found some online at Dell.ca a few weeks ago. I ordered it through my corporate account (it was already set up, and she could not get her address to work with Dell for some reason). We place the order, get the confirmation saying it will be here before Christmas. I check the online status and it says backordered. I call Dell.ca support and talk with the guy. He said they were flooded with orders and could not guarantee that this will arrive before Christmas. Their next shipment was due to arrive on the 21st or 23rd. My assistant was not comfortable with the time frame. I cancelled the order right then. I confirmed the order was cancelled with the support rep. She picked up her Wii from a local seller.

I'm sure most of you are smart enough to figure out where I am going with this... but fast forward to today. A big beautiful package arrives from Dell.ca today... oh, shit.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a107/jourdo2k3/DigitalPictures.jpg

THIS arrives today! I check my credit cards online and there were NO charges whatsoever. Dell.ca's policy is not to ship until payment is received. I have a little moral dilemma here. I look at is as I have three ways to play this:

1. Phone Dell.ca and inform them of their mistake.
2. Keep the free Wii and enjoy it. Deal with the bad karma later.
3. Let the nutty Christmas shoppers bid each other up on this and pay Dell when the eventual charge shows up. Make a few extra bucks.

Dammit!!!

BlitzFire
12-20-2007, 05:59 PM
I work for Dell.......(seriously, i do lol)

but don't worry batman...your secret is safe with me!

ANDROID PRIME
12-20-2007, 06:00 PM
wasnt the wii the hot hard to find christmas item last year. like what the hell is going on.

StarwarsTF
12-20-2007, 09:42 PM
Yup, It should be hot again for next Christmas also, or until the new game boy system is released next year!

Once ps3 and 360 do another price job things wont change!!!

devilsknight
12-20-2007, 11:49 PM
Don't hold your breathe Jourdo for not getting charged...same thing happened to me with their Dell 10 days of deals promo in August.

I ordered 2 Wii Play w/ Nunchuck deals and they were massively delayed so i cancelled. Sure enough both show up, and no charges. 2 months later the charge shows up. :( lol

Then again who cares keep it, and sell it...go on redflagdeals.com...there's like hundreds of ppl who need one desperately lol make a little $ and if the charge comes you pay it...if not...then all the bouns to you.

So Blitzfire...next time their 10 days of deals rolls around...you gonna hook me up with what goes on sale so I don't have to wake up at 6am :) ?!

Scrapper6
12-20-2007, 11:50 PM
I wish I had money to finish getting a host of Game Cube games I still want yet haven't been able to find, never mind the Wii and all the fun games I want for it.

Fortunately I have finally been hired, it's trial basis and won't start until January, but I finally have a job to look forward to and steady income which beats anything else. With a bit of hard work and luck I'll have my Wii and a host of games by this time next year including Wind Waker which I put off getting for far too long dangit.

Good news, my brother picked me up two DS titles, Phantom Hourglass and TF:Autobots. Crazy dude buying me 80$ worth in games when I can't get him a single gift due to the fact that I'm dead broke.

Oh well his b-day is in January and I can make it up to him then.

jourdo
12-21-2007, 12:25 AM
Don't hold your breathe Jourdo for not getting charged...same thing happened to me with their Dell 10 days of deals promo in August.

I ordered 2 Wii Play w/ Nunchuck deals and they were massively delayed so i cancelled. Sure enough both show up, and no charges. 2 months later the charge shows up. :( lol

Then again who cares keep it, and sell it...go on redflagdeals.com...there's like hundreds of ppl who need one desperately lol make a little $ and if the charge comes you pay it...if not...then all the bouns to you.

So Blitzfire...next time their 10 days of deals rolls around...you gonna hook me up with what goes on sale so I don't have to wake up at 6am :) ?!

So, you are saying no free Wii for me. I figured this would be too good to be true. I've got it up on UsedCalgary to see what offers might come my way. Maybe I'll have to check out redflagdeals. My wife keeps saying we should keep it.

QuadESL63
12-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Yup, It should be hot again for next Christmas also, or until the new game boy system is released next year!

Once ps3 and 360 do another price job things wont change!!!

I'm gladed I preordered one in April last year @ TRU... almost 1.5 years ago :D Got one on launch day last year :p :cool:

jourdo: Listen to your wife and just keep it ;)

Tech Spec
12-22-2007, 03:23 PM
Now I want one... none in sight, all sold out :(

ooh_henry
12-23-2007, 04:27 AM
Seasons Greetings All,

Just got home from shopping at Walmart, love the 24hr shopping. I purchased a few wii games for $18.93 +tax and was wondering if I got a good deal or should I just not open them and return in the New Year:

TMNT
Rock `n' Roll Adventures
Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz
Monster Trux Arenas Special Edition
OffRoad Extreme Special Edition
Mini Desktop Racing
Ninjabread Man

CobraCommander
12-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Monkey Ball is pretty challenging, not sure about the others. Check out some reviews online...

http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews.php?page=0&plattyfilt=wii&order_by=&letter=

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews.html?type=reviews&platform=1031&tag=subnav;reviews

ooh_henry
12-23-2007, 10:25 PM
Guess I got what I paid for, I'll probably keep super monkey, just couldn't believe how cheap the games were, even looking at the prices for previously used games, they were more than 25$

RedOktobre
12-24-2007, 03:02 AM
My fiance lined up at 8:00 am last Friday morning at Metrotown Bestbuy and bought 10th one out of 150! Bestbuy was enforcing a "one unit per customer" rule.

My fiance and I were playing it all afternoon today. Man, my right arm is freaking sore :( from playing boxing and tennis doubles with my fiance!

Buyer beware! :)

Team Jetfire
12-24-2007, 02:38 PM
My fiance lined up at 8:00 am last Friday morning at Metrotown Bestbuy and bought 10th one out of 150! Bestbuy was enforcing a "one unit per customer" rule.

My fiance and I were playing it all afternoon today. Man, my right arm is freaking sore :( from playing boxing and tennis doubles with my fiance!

Buyer beware! :)

Nice score.

I played the one we got for my son last night...only reason why I put it down was because my wife had to wrap it...

Super PrimeZ
12-24-2007, 06:42 PM
I regret buying my Wii. Nintendo seems to be wanting this to be a fad with all of their Wii Life games, yes they're fun, but what happens once your done? Nothing, that's what. Wii Sports got really old and tired a week later, same with Wii Play. And once you beat Mario Galaxy and Metroid, there isn't much that you can't play on something else left, as while third party support has been better now then in the past for Nintendo, quality titles are few and far. That's really bugging me.

Heck, even Online games. I rushed out in June to buy Pokemon Battle Revolution(The very first online Wii Game, to be released nearly half a year later then the console) because it was Online. The game itself is far from anything to be considered a revolution, as it's point and click, and far too much similar to Pokemon Stadium, which must be pushing ten years old now, atleast. Although, Nintendo has remedied this Online draught with some recent games, like Battalion Wars 2 have given me something nice to play online with.

What's also bugging me is Nintendo's tireless Franchise continuations. Last year I became Mario'd out. Because it became a common theme, that if you want something good from Nintendo it usually has that red plumber. That and the fact he's been in more video games than anyone else. That's why I like Starfox, Zelda and Metroid, while they're getting tiresome, they are something different. Something Nintendo needs to start thinking. As other then the Wii Life Series on Games, I don't think Nintendo has any completely original Intellectual Properties left, okay, maybe two or three. But no where near the amount Nintendo's rivals are, hell, the console that is stated to have the least amount of games, the PlayStation 3, after 1 year has atleast 7 New I.Ps out and about(Uncharted, Resistance, MotorStorm, Eye Of Judgement,Folklore, Heavenly Sword, Lair, etc.). That's what makes me really regret buying a Wii. These draughts of consistantly good, original games, are making me what that PlayStation 3 even more every day, and before long I'll be playing LittleBigPlanet( a game Nintendo's own Reggie Fils Aime was admittedly impressed by), and EcoChrome.

Things like this really make the Wii look like it's going to go the way of other past fads.

mitchmurphy
12-27-2007, 03:12 PM
^ i see your point. but then again i plan on owning all three. i have 360 and wii at the moment.

ratchet and clank / uncharted is whats really making me want a ps3 plus the price. 399.99. the 40gig is fine considering i wont go online or use it on a HD TV.

Team Jetfire
12-27-2007, 03:16 PM
Well my son sure enjoys it...

Play for most of chirstmas morning and only stopped be cause Dad wanted to play his new guitar Hero game.

Nocturn
12-29-2007, 02:21 PM
i.want.one.now.yes......

jourdo
12-30-2007, 09:17 PM
We've been on a Wii-apalooza since Christmas. I absolutely love this thing! Oh yeah... the kids love it too.

Goaliebot
01-10-2008, 07:03 PM
My kids (OK, and I) can't stop playing this thing! Super Mario Galaxy is awesome.

jacobot
01-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Relatives brought theirs over for Christmas, we had tons of fun, now wii can't find one to buy anywhere.:(

Blurrz
01-10-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm thinking of Getting Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles for the Wii. I'm also thinking of getting the Wii Zapper. Anyone have advice on this?

jacobot
01-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Relatives brought theirs over for Christmas, we had tons of fun, now wii can't find one to buy anywhere.:(

EB Games stores got their shipments of Wii bundles today.
Most were prepaid before Christmas but the store I was at (Bolton) had 3 extra to sell. :D

MightAsWell Go4ASoda
01-15-2008, 01:53 PM
I've recently been thinking of buying one with my newfound money. I'm stil debating whether it's worth it yet. Sure it's got super mario galaxy now, and metroid's coming (maybe it's already out, i'm not quite on base with that release date) and then of course what everyone's waiting for; Brawl.

I think i should probably buy one before Brawl comes out before everyone that doesn't have one and their brother is looking for one.

Nightscrabbler
01-15-2008, 02:31 PM
I am still planning to wait until Mario Kart is about to be released, slated for the first quarter of this year.

MightAsWell Go4ASoda
01-15-2008, 02:33 PM
I am still planning to wait until Mario Kart is about to be released, slated for the first quarter of this year.

Holy crap i can;t believe i forgot about that game. Do you know if they're still do the double people on one kart thing? or is it going back to singles?

Nightscrabbler
01-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Single, like DS.

More info and links to other sites that have screenshots here on wii-pedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Kart_Wii

MightAsWell Go4ASoda
01-15-2008, 02:54 PM
:D can't wait! The partners idea was a good spin but i enjoy singles much better. Just another reason to buy a wii....it's getting harder and harder to resist

CobraCommander
01-15-2008, 03:26 PM
I've recently been thinking of buying one with my newfound money. I'm stil debating whether it's worth it yet. Sure it's got super mario galaxy now, and metroid's coming (maybe it's already out, i'm not quite on base with that release date) and then of course what everyone's waiting for; Brawl.

I think i should probably buy one before Brawl comes out before everyone that doesn't have one and their brother is looking for one.

Metroid Prime Corruption is out already... don't forget to play Zelda as well :D

MightAsWell Go4ASoda
01-15-2008, 03:36 PM
Metroid Prime Corruption is out already... don't forget to play Zelda as well :D

ah. yes thanks, i thought it was. I've beaten Zelda already on Gamecube =P though it should be interesting on the Wii, More action in using the controller i suppose

borihazard
01-16-2008, 01:12 AM
yaa go ahead and buy the wii now! theres actully a bunch of games that are really great already now,like resident evil 4. i think its way better than the RE4's for other consoles.PLUS the backup games are easy accessible, if you mod it that is :P
________
TaRa (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/TaRa)

Icetron
01-19-2008, 03:31 AM
I'd mod mine but I don't really like modding my systems, I end up downloading games I don't even play like for my DS or PS2, even though neither are modded. :(

devilsknight
01-22-2008, 04:30 PM
There is difficulty modding Wii's right now, I know when they first came out they were rather easy to adjust. The new generation Wii's from about last August on, alot of people who can MOD don't cause of the difficulty to doing so now and small profit lines.

http://www.modmonkey.ca/

He's great for information or any questions you may have.

jacobot
01-22-2008, 09:25 PM
Sure...every store is getting them in this week:rolleyes:
Last week I spent days tracking a system down at various EBGames who apparently got them first off the boat after Xmas:D

MangaSpawn64
01-22-2008, 09:29 PM
People are still lining up at 3 AM to get one here... Pretty crazy :eek:

jacobot
01-22-2008, 09:31 PM

Incredable !!!

QuadESL63
01-23-2008, 10:58 AM
There is difficulty modding Wii's right now, I know when they first came out they were rather easy to adjust. The new generation Wii's from about last August on, alot of people who can MOD don't cause of the difficulty to doing so now and small profit lines.

http://www.modmonkey.ca/

He's great for information or any questions you may have.

I'm gladed I got one @ launch since I have mod'ed it for imports. That $50 deposit @ TRU paid off :D At least Sony is doing it right this time around: no more region protection on games.

MightAsWell Go4ASoda
01-25-2008, 02:00 PM

I think i might have to become one of those people. Especially since my brother said he'd in on it with me :D Hellz yes for half price.

CobraCommander
01-25-2008, 02:14 PM
There were supposedly 75 of them at Markville Mall TRUS this past weekend, you might want to call and see if there any left?

mitchmurphy
01-25-2008, 11:02 PM
i must say, im really surprized that wii is still in such high demand. when it was announced i thought it was cool (bought it for nintendo exclusives) but i never thought it would be so hyped

Karifore
01-26-2008, 12:26 AM
I think i might have to become one of those people. Especially since my brother said he'd in on it with me :D Hellz yes for half price.

I was just at Costco in Etobicoke this afternoon when they got some in. If you're lucky they still might have some tomorrow. And for anyone interested, they have quite a few Rock Bands for PS3.

MightAsWell Go4ASoda
01-26-2008, 01:41 AM
There were supposedly 75 of them at Markville Mall TRUS this past weekend, you might want to call and see if there any left?

I was just at Costco in Etobicoke this afternoon when they got some in. If you're lucky they still might have some tomorrow. And for anyone interested, they have quite a few Rock Bands for PS3.

Thanks to both of you for the tips, i'll be sure to look into them, You're making my life a hell of a lot easier

CobraCommander
01-30-2008, 08:47 PM
If anyone is still looking for a Wii, I saw 3 today at TRUS in Woodbridge about 1hour ago.

jacobot
01-30-2008, 09:12 PM
Ya, Walmarts got tons now:)

Wii games in the bargain bin now at Walmart too...$18.98
Board Games, Mini Racing, Off Road Racing, Broom Racing, some mechanoid shooting game, Poker

Nightscrabbler
01-30-2008, 10:03 PM
Board games? Do they have Scrabble on the Wii?

jacobot
01-30-2008, 10:45 PM
Board games? Do they have Scrabble on the Wii?

I don't see scrabble on the Nintendo Web site.

This one had 12 games...chess, checkers, connect 4, soduku and a battleship type game, chinese checkers...and some others

jacobot
11-11-2008, 02:27 PM
$18.93 game bargin bin Rollback to $14.83
Some new/older games in there too:)