PDA

View Full Version : Some Ebay sellers are just retarded

Pascal
12-13-2007, 05:00 PM
Another Ebay horror story just in time for Christmas.

On Dec. 3, I win auction for a $140 item. I paid right away, forced to use the $40 shipping option (3-5 day shipping with USPS). I included a message with my payment to let me know the tracking number when available.

On Dec. 5, I politely ask again for the tracking number.

On Dec. 6, I receive an email from the seller saying he would ship on Dec. 8. Already a bit irritated to have pay a good chunk of money for fast delivery only to wait a full week before item even gets shipped, I decided to not say anything.

On Dec. 8, no shipping notice.

On Dec. 9, I send another email to get the tracking number. No response.

On Dec. 12, still nothing in the mail. I email the seller, again asking for the tracking number. I get a reply not long after, saying he just phoned USPS and they said there were problems with customs and the parcel was to be returned to him. Yeah, right. I've heard that excuse countless times from slow shippers in the past.

So I email back, doubting he ever shipped the item and asking to get the tracking number AGAIN so I can verify myself. Would have been easy at this point for him to prove me wrong because the tracking would have at least showed me the item had been shipped. If I pay big bucks for shipping, I think I'm entitled to get the tracking number and know where my EXPENSIVE item is. Actually, that's the first ever that a seller would deliberately not tell me the tracking number.

I get a reply shortly after. Seller says "I'm not playing games, I'm sending you a full refund". I beg your pardon? He's the one playing games. I do get a full refund. Shortly after, I get another email : "You never paid, you're getting nothing." WTF? At this point, it's clear the seller is a total idiot.

After exchanging a few more emails, he still refuses to give me the tracking number. At some point, he shoots himself in the foot with a bazooka : "I shipped your item on Dec. 5 and sent you tracking info." LIE. If you remember well, he emailed me late on Dec. 6 saying he would ship on Dec. 8.

And to top it all, he emailed me one last time about an hour after the initial email, pretending he had just received the parcel back. Wow, 9 days to get to customs, and less than an hour to get it back? Yeah right.

Pretty sour experience, especially since it was a very rare figure at a relatively good price. Now I have to start the search all over again.

So a nice little recap :

Lie #1

Pretending he emailed me a shipping notice with tracking number on the 5th when he actually sent me an email late on the 6th telling me he would ship on the 8th.

Suspicious fact #1

He pretended calling USPS (you need a tracking number to do so) in the middle of the afternoon during that day after I emailed him AGAIN to enquire about the parcel and tracking number, saying there was a problem with the label and the parcel would be returned to him. And magically, he claims a few hours later that he just received the parcel. Impossible

Suspicious fact #2

Never ever gave me a tracking number so I could easily verify his claims. Cannot claim he lost it since he claimed himself calling USPS about it a few hours before. You need a tracking number to get info on a specific parcel. Why he would hide it from me is beyond me. I gave him all the opportunities in the world to prove him right and me wrong. I even gave him the chance to ship it tomorrow morning, 10 days after I made the payment, DESPITE paying $38 in the minutes following the end of the auction for 3-5 day shipping. He refused.

Suspicious fact #3

He sent me a full refund in no time. I don't think any seller would accept a $40 loss (plus Ebay listing and final fees for a $140 item) so easily. This just reinforces the fact that he never shipped the item since he's not losing any big money anyway.

Lie #2

After issuing refund, seller rushed to email me that I never paid for the item. Got news for him : Paypal and email account say otherwise.

The strangest part is that the seller (sellersonwheels) has a near perfect record. Why on Earth would he act like that? Doesn't make any sense. He never shipped the item and was too proud or stupid to admit his screw-up.

BlitzFire
12-13-2007, 05:12 PM
i love fishy ppl...they make life so wonderfully wonderful.

i myself have been lucky so far that I have not had that problem yet (then again, my feedback count is at like 46 or something like that)

sorry to hear about the shitty dealq

Pascal
12-13-2007, 05:15 PM
I reported the seller for seller non-performance, including all the emails he sent me, and then left negative feedback explaining what happened. As it usually happens on Ebay, he retaliated shortly after with a negative feedback as well. I reported him again for feedback abusal.

I loved the part where he mentionned he was paying big bucks in Ebay fees monthly and that they wouldn't bother. He really thinks he's above it all.

pud333
12-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Wow. That sucks. What a total knob. I wouldn't be surprised if he was lying to more than one buyer and got his own lies mixed up. But that is weird that a seller with a perfect record would act like such jerk.

Fortunately, I have never had an issue with sellers, but I'm not a frequent Ebay buyer. I think I may have only bought a dozen things over the last five years.

Well, good luck in hunting down that item. :)

Team Jetfire
12-13-2007, 06:04 PM
I f-ing hate Ebay for that. Hope you get some restitution for it.

Pascal
12-13-2007, 06:16 PM
I don't know, I never really problems on Ebay until recently. Sellers like this guy, buyers who take forever to send payment (several), lost parcels (WST Slag)... A bad streak I guess.

BlitzFire
12-13-2007, 06:23 PM
Im ashamed...i must admit it......i was a slow payer on my past purchase :( took the buyer almost a month to receive my payment.

BUT...part of it was not my fault. thank you pharmaplus for f*cking up my money order!

anywyas...im sure the bad streak will break soon. maybe its teh holiday season?

-KG-
12-13-2007, 06:31 PM
I've been using eBay for nearly seven years and this year is by far the worst experience I've had. From sellers not sending anything to sellers sending me knock-offs trying to say they're the real deal. EBay has really started going down hill and I would really like to avoid buying anything at all from there. The feedback system is flawed as is proof by this guy leaving you negative feedback. Almost all sellers wait to see what feedback you will leave them. In the end you either leave no feedback at all or bite the bullet and watch your own unfounded negative feedback rise.

Autovolt 127
12-13-2007, 07:15 PM
EBAY more like EVILBAY!

BlitzFire
12-13-2007, 07:35 PM
i dont know....ive been on for 6 years now and this year has been by far my most productive year and i have not had any problems whatsoever. (only this last purchase where i was slwo sending payment).

maybe it all depends on what you are trying to buy?

jourdo
12-13-2007, 07:39 PM
Pascal, your problem seems obvious. You were not emailing the same personality each time. I'm not a schizophrenia expert by any means, but I don't think the different voice talk to one another. I may be wrong though.

GMfan
12-13-2007, 08:05 PM
Don't ya mean bi-polar? :P

jourdo
12-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Don't ya mean bi-polar? :P

Isn't that more mood related? Kinda like PMS?

Icetron
12-13-2007, 08:32 PM
That sucks man, haven't had many major problems so far except one guy that called me a liar when I said a DVD was skipping. I did have one package lost but the seller was nice enough to resend...

GMfan
12-13-2007, 08:45 PM
Isn't that more mood related? Kinda like PMS?

It is, but there are more cases of multiple personalities in bi-polar disorder then schizophrenia (thats mostly just hilucinations).

Dark Rage
12-13-2007, 09:19 PM
I think it's more of a fact that it's more than one person using the account to handle ebay logistics.

From what I've learned from the sour deal with CyclopianVision, never give the seller the benefit of the doubt. Feedback is overrated, especially since most buyers don't want to have a negative feedback on their accounts. Same for some TFW2005/Cybertron feedback threads as well.

Guilty until proven innocent. Simple as that.

Pascal
12-13-2007, 11:02 PM
Pascal, your problem seems obvious. You were not emailing the same personality each time. I'm not a schizophrenia expert by any means, but I don't think the different voice talk to one another. I may be wrong though.

LOL! You guys are the best. :)