PDA

View Full Version : Calgary (or other Canucks) Peeps... I need your help!! (Christmas gift hunting)

jourdo
12-07-2007, 02:58 AM
My little girl has decided to ask Santa for a Cheerilee My Little Pony (she wants one of the little ones to go with the rest of her collection). Unfortunately, Hasbro did not make one in that size. I tried the distraction technique and even said that Santa may not be able to get one as Hasbro never made one. She came back with Santa can just make his own. DAMMIT!!! Kid logic wins again.

I do know they make the pony she is looking for in a larger size class (voyager or ultra if you will). There is a picture of it here (http://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Pony-Styling-Cheerilee/dp/B000GQ08KU) on the Amazon.com website. It is refered to as a "Styling Pony".

I am waiting to hear back on some eBay auctions I am watching, but I am getting a little nervous about cross border shipping times for this.

If anyone spots one of these on their travels, can you let me know where you saw it? Hell, even if a non-Calgarian spots one, I would pay for shipping.

Thanks!

I wasn't sure if I should put this in the BST Forum or here, so punt her if necessary.

Dark Rage
12-07-2007, 03:14 AM
Wouldn't getting something off EBay now still make it in time before Christmas anyways? You can try to make the EBay sellers use a courier to definitely have it in time. Posting a Wanted thread on TFW will probably get you the item pretty fast.

I'm sure money (and a brokerage fee) is no object when it comes to giving a gift to your daughter ;)

Sorry, but I just have one question...Where's your wife? She won't help out? Or is someone whipped here on the boards? Heh, sorry, I just had to make a "Crack"

jourdo
12-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Wouldn't getting something off EBay now still make it in time before Christmas anyways? You can try to make the EBay sellers use a courier to definitely have it in time. Posting a Wanted thread on TFW will probably get you the item pretty fast.

I'm sure money (and a brokerage fee) is no object when it comes to giving a gift to your daughter ;)

Sorry, but I just have one question...Where's your wife? She won't help out? Or is someone whipped here on the boards? Heh, sorry, I just had to make a "Crack"

I am not whipped! (Looks around to make sure the wife can't read this) :D Actually, she is handling the phone calls to stores thing.

My past couple of eBay items from south of the border took over 3 weeks to get here. So, I am a little nervous on that. This is the same reason I am not posting in TFW... I just don't trust it will make it. I probably will still jump on one of the auctions, but I hope to find one in the Great White North.

Unfortunately, when it comes to Santa... I will bend over and pay the nutty shipping charges. Damn that jolly old elf.

devilsknight
12-07-2007, 03:20 PM
I'll make sure to pass by Toys R Us and Walmart on the way home tonight and take a look.

They are both open late...hopefully one of us can find it lol

Just so people have a better idea of in package pic here it is:

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r20/devilsknight08/3863_1.jpg

Team Jetfire
12-07-2007, 03:56 PM
I will take a look on my toys hunts!

jourdo
12-11-2007, 12:13 PM
I found a smoking deal on eBay, and paid for the super duper fast shipping. So, all is good here.

Thanks for keeping an eye out on this!

Mods - you can lock her up (or let her dive to the depths of the forum).