PDA

View Full Version : Unique Toys:

Slayback
01-10-2014, 12:10 AM
Unique Toys : Mania King

So i'm going to say first off -i got this as a sample from a supplier. Uber happy. :raisetheroof: no instructions - means I will not transform or attempt to transform it as it is a bit complicated -so i'm told.

This is a going to be a quick review.

Weight - he's definitely has a nice weight to him, Unlike the other bots made by UT, Mania King feels much more solid than other figures. Most of the weight seems to be concentrated in the torso area. His legs and arms are noticeably lighter in weight.

There seems to be a couple of different plastic grades. The white plastic seems to be more brittle and almost feels like gundam plastic. The purple plastic feels stronger and actually is quite nice. I wish their sharkticons were made of this plastic.

Colours - because this is a sample -i'm not sure if the colours will be the same. My understanding is that there will be more orange on the cannon. I'm not actually sure why they used white instead of a grey for the legs and feet.

The mold - The figure itself is tall -voyager sized. He does exude an imposing regal stature. The face sculpt is rather nice but I think he could have given a bit more emotion. Galvatron was a bit crazy -so giving him a maniacal look about him could have suited the figure.
He's got gundam feet.

Ok so i know everyone wants to know -

a) NO wrist turning
b) No forearm turning
c) No reverse knee bending, (Wtf does this even mean?) He cant bend his knees the other way. Yes you can bend your knees the other way -its very limited but it can.

These 3 NOs remove quite a bit of poses that should have been available to this figure.

He does have : ratchet arms; ball jointy styled ankles, swivel waistline, elbow joints, knee joints and rotating bicep joint(?).

Out of 10 - i would give him a 6. - Easily it could have been a 9 had they given this guy better knees and wrists. I would have forgiven the non turning forearms and the crab claw-hands, had they given him knees and wrist movement. UT - is getting feedback from their suppliers and my supplier will be passing on my feedback to them- because as it stands - and i'm sure people will agree that these thing are detrimental to the sale of this figure. What should be an automatic buy - is going to have buyers weighing the pros and cons.

MULTIPLEX
01-10-2014, 12:20 AM
What are your thoughts on the colour scheme, specifically the white legs and arm cannon? I'm conflicted.

pandaprime
01-10-2014, 12:28 AM
Rumble: What did he say his name was?

Galvatron (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000559/): Not- Galvatron!

Slayback
01-10-2014, 12:45 AM
i dont like the white. :P BUT -it does work well because it does make the figure pop a little more. if it was all grey then he really would be lost. NOW if it were chromed.... i would have to change my shorts.

wervenom
01-10-2014, 01:26 AM
Looks interesting enough but would like to see the final version. Based on pic 6 I would have really hoped for a rotating wrist. Would have made that pic so much better

Longshot
01-10-2014, 09:38 AM
Not bad, I can forgive the stuff you (Slayback) didn't like since I never managed to get my hands on the original. This UT version for some reason sings to me.
Oh, was there any mention of a definitive release date?

Transbot90210
01-10-2014, 09:49 AM
Great job Slayback. Thanks for the review.

Love the photos.

Pascal
01-10-2014, 10:15 AM
Not sure I understand the problem with the knees... if the upper legs can swivel, then there's no problem?

Slave
01-10-2014, 10:18 AM
I demand a video Transformation!!! *shakes fist at the heavens*

I'm still on the fence for this guy... I wanna see the transformation to confirm a buy/no buy

Slayback
01-10-2014, 12:37 PM
the knee issue.

Bend your knee normally. Now bend it the opposite way. - you're basically putting most of your weight on that leg - usually if you do it with one leg its not the lead leg but the leg behind the other. It makes for a varied bunch of stances.

The release date is next week. PRices are not nice.

IF i can save and make $$ then i'll get a gopro and do some reviews :P

Slayback
01-22-2014, 01:17 AM
Update

The new ManiaKing has some different paint apps than the sample i received. A few more splashes of silver pain and the cannon is more of a gold colour. Sorry for the crud photo. But its freezing and i just realized the heat wasnt set ..:P

Longshot
01-29-2014, 10:15 PM
I got my UT Mania King yesterday and I was duly impressed. Overall, not-Galvatron is a good figure. I have no complaints, I can also accept the Gundam feet as was previously mentioned. But I have to say, the packaging was pretty immaculate. That box and the materials it was constructed from is a collectible unto itself. Anyhoo, Here are a few of my pics with one of them being an homage to Galvatron getting the "crazies."

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg91/Crossbone_Kai/P1292118_zpsd5bf8046.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg91/Crossbone_Kai/P1292117_zps271666cc.jpg

http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg91/Crossbone_Kai/P1292120copy_zps6d72c7d8.jpg

zuffyprime
01-30-2014, 12:19 AM
longshot, love that last pic!

Longshot
01-30-2014, 08:20 AM
Thanks! I always loved a crazy Galvatron.