PDA

View Full Version : The GOOD customer service thread.

jourdo
11-26-2007, 04:19 PM
Too many times we jump on the bad stuff. Maybe because it is easier, or maybe because it is just more fun. Either way, here is a place to give props to the good people in the retail/customer service industry. This does not apply only to toy shopping, but just to those people who stand out in your mind helping us consumers out.

Here are a few of my recent stand-outs:

1. Shawnessey Walmart - We were looking for Lightening McQueen underwear for my little guy and the peg was empty. Instead of just blowing us off and saying whatever we have is out there, the woman took the time to scan it and told us they don't currently have any in the back and nothing was on order. I know it was a little thing, but it impressed me.

2. Macleod Trail ToysRUs - Again Cars related here. I was looking through the pegs as the employee was restocking. She pulled out some of the newer ones and offered them up to me. I thanked her for my little guy, and made off with some hard to find Cars. I don't care if she thought I was a scalper or not... I appreciated her helping me out.

With the Christmas shopping season upon us, I hope we can find some other examples of this. Share your stories if you've got them.

Team Jetfire
11-26-2007, 04:59 PM
For what it is worth I try to give the best possible service when dealing with customers at both my jobs. Not cause I get paid for it, but because I know what it is like to get crappy service and always get frustrated by it.

As for good service, I can't think of any right now...:p

Tech Spec
11-27-2007, 03:06 AM
Futureshop! I picked up Assassin's Creed and COD4 for my 360 for $89.99 as per Best Buys advertisment. One sales person said they are not matching that price. So I went to customer service and the guy spoke to his manager and he said no. So he moved to another higher up and they said yes!

Went above and beyond my expectations! Which reminds me I have to send a good feedback report for him :)

pud333
11-27-2007, 03:36 AM
Was at Broadway TRU in Vancouver and overheard these parents talking about Transformers and wondering which one to buy for their kid. The TRU employee told them about the most popular models (eg: BB, Prime) and which ones to stay away from (Ultimate BB). Since the really popular models weren't in stock, he suggested some secondary ones (eg: Barricade, etc) that got a significant amount of screen time in the movie that their kid might recognize (the kid was 5). The parents seemed to really appreciate his advice as they knew nothing about Transformers.

On a side note to the post before: price matching at Futureshop and Bestbuy should be a given, because Best Buy owns Futureshop and runs it as a separate division, thereby creating phony competition. Sometimes they avoid having to pricematch each other by not selling the same product at both stores. I guess my point is, since Best Buy owns Futureshop, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter who you go to: they still get your money. It's sort of a shame, because I wish there were stricter laws to prevent that sort of stuff so there would be more competition and choice for consumers. But whatever, so long as you get that deal :D

Synch
11-27-2007, 07:13 PM
One time this woman helped me out at a WM quite nicely was late & Icouldn't think much and was trying to figure out how much taxes would be :S OIE! anyways I was a couple bucks off and she actually checked her pockets but didn't have any spare change on her!

As if that act alone was not nice enough she stuck it on hold for me ON HOLD! canada! walmart! LOL! untill the next day :)

that was when uhm... marvel legends madjack or whatever his name came out a few years back... the pumpkin head guy lol... thats been the best service I've ever got... anyplace... ever!

Tech Spec
11-28-2007, 08:26 AM
On a side note to the post before: price matching at Futureshop and Bestbuy should be a given, because Best Buy owns Futureshop and runs it as a separate division, thereby creating phony competition. Sometimes they avoid having to pricematch each other by not selling the same product at both stores. I guess my point is, since Best Buy owns Futureshop, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter who you go to: they still get your money. It's sort of a shame, because I wish there were stricter laws to prevent that sort of stuff so there would be more competition and choice for consumers. But whatever, so long as you get that deal :D

I only did it b/c FS is closer to me than Best Buy LOL. I know iam lazy fuck LOL

BadJeff
11-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Well, today I had some great customer service from one of our fellow board members here so what a better place to give him some recognition.. I was slaving away at work today when my wife calls. I Pick up the phone and all i can hear is my daughter screaming at the top of her lungs and my wife hyperventalating.... "come home quick, Mary's bleeding....".. so, hop in the car, haul ass home. In short, my wife and the little one were playing in the back yark and the little one took a tumble face (mouth) first into a metal patio umbrella stand. Blood everywhere..... So, what do you do in this situation?? Pick up the phone and call local board member and certified good guy Jourdo. (As some of you may know he's a dentist.) He was uber cool and got us in immediately to have a look and help calm my wife. Jourdo, you get a big "gold star" beside your name today, can't thank you enough for acommodating us and taking good care of our little one. The man practices what he preaches. Thanks!

...Did I mention the follow up courtesy call too?

Tech Spec
11-28-2007, 10:33 PM
Good stuff Jourdo!

Team Jetfire
11-28-2007, 10:46 PM
Yay Jourdo!!!

Are you taking new patients?:D

edit: Jeff- glad to hear hat your little one is ok!

jourdo
11-30-2007, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the props Jeff, not necessary... but appreciated.

TJ: But of course! :D ... and the Cybertron.ca discount I posted before still applies.

BadJeff
11-30-2007, 02:55 PM
Yay Jourdo!!!

Are you taking new patients?:D

edit: Jeff- glad to hear hat your little one is ok!

Thanks TJ, yeah the little one is surprisingly tough. Luck was on my side that day though, I'm absolutely amazed the injury wasn't worse and that her front teeth are still tight. I Figured if she lost her front teeth I would have to give her a mullet and a John Deere hat and she'd be good to go....

BadJeff
03-28-2008, 02:57 PM
Gotta give another good plug for our resident Dentist here. Another fine job by Jourdo. Thanks!

Team Jetfire
03-28-2008, 05:21 PM
Damn, I got to call him...

devilsknight
03-28-2008, 06:46 PM
I gotta just give a dentist a call period...it's been over 3 years since I last went...my teeth are so sensitive lol

jourdo
06-07-2009, 07:57 PM
Bump the dead thread to give Apple props.

My wife's iPod Touch's battery wouldn't hold a charge anymore. We are past the warranty period, and looked into the online costs to get it replaced (via apple) and to DIY (I still want to try :()

Anyway, we take it in to the Apple Store today (who knew Calgary actually had one). They replace it for nothing. The guy says you are only 90 days past warranty, so we'll just fudge it for you.

Wow. Totally unexpected. We figured we'd have to drop about $100 to get it replaced... but free is good to.

Team Jetfire
06-08-2009, 01:01 AM
Well that is right nice of em. I find that it is so rare that staff are willing to use common sense these days and do what is right for the customer.