PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Prime Episode 62 - Minus One - Discussion

razin
07-06-2013, 08:29 AM
Torrent (http://darkprime.gotdns.com:6969/torrents/Transformers%20Prime%20-%2062%20-%20Minus%20One.avi.torrent?7937F298D805162650DD0C9 E2EABB0E1501565E4)

Google Drive is already at download capacity and won't be avail

Oreobuilder
07-06-2013, 10:14 AM
Thanks!

Good episode. It feels like they are building things up for the finale.

***Spoiler***

Soundwave can talk!

Rodimus1982
07-06-2013, 10:27 AM
What program can read this torrent?!?! My media player can't read it... :s

F4l4nx
07-06-2013, 11:02 AM
Its on YouTube. Soundwave is so badass.

UltraPrimal
07-06-2013, 12:59 PM
YouTube link here:
http://youtu.be/-ik3KJPc6gA

SPOILERS

What is it with Michael Ironsides characters and having a prosthetic hand? His character in Starship Troopers had a robot hand(and forearm) and now Magnus has a more robotic claw hand to replace the one Predaking smashed.

Soundwave speaking was fairly underwhelming and expected. Going into this episode you had to know, if he was ever going to speak, this would be it. And of course he paraphrased his most famous line ever. I just wish he would have talked more. Even just a chuckle as he captured Ratchet.

Also, did Bumblebee flip off Smokescreen when he was talking about his voice? Almost, right?

canprime
07-06-2013, 02:01 PM
YouTube link here:
http://youtu.be/-ik3KJPc6gA

SPOILERS

What is it with Michael Ironsides characters and having a prosthetic hand? His character in Starship Troopers had a robot hand(and forearm) and now Magnus has a more robotic claw hand to replace the one Predaking smashed.

Soundwave speaking was fairly underwhelming and expected. Going into this episode you had to know, if he was ever going to speak, this would be it. And of course he paraphrased his most famous line ever. I just wish he would have talked more. Even just a chuckle as he captured Ratchet.

Also, did Bumblebee flip off Smokescreen when he was talking about his voice? Almost, right?

And I completely disagree with you. Soundwave speaking and using probably his most famous line from G1 was great!!! These little throwaway lines are a great way to do a shout out to the past.

As for talking...why? He hasn't spoken throughout and I think that was part of what made him a great and creepy character. I personally love the G1 shout out, but I am also fine without him talking again. I'm still not sure whether or not I liked him using a smiley face though.

The one thing that bothered me about the episode was the arctic battle. I mean only a couple of episodes ago we had Predaking frozen in place, and now he is battling Prime in the same kind of environment without a problem?

ConvoyGTR
07-06-2013, 03:08 PM
OMG OMG! Soundwave finally talked!!!! And it was not worth the wait.

So, reforming Cybertron and Earth, and the Omega Lock... So, we're going to end the series on what's been done already last season?

SleeplessKnight
07-06-2013, 03:46 PM

Don't forget the scene in Total Recall where he loses both arms in the elevator scene.

"See you at the paa-ty Richter!"

Fermix
07-06-2013, 07:28 PM
I really liked this episode. I'm glad Shockwave was still pissed at Starscream for setting him up, but it seems Starscream seems to get off the hook too easily.

Soundwave's line was cool but the timing just didn't feel right. I agree with canprime in being okay with him never speaking again.

Optimus fight scene with Predaking was pretty badass. I'm starting to think his dragon mode is the only way for him to be on par with Optimus though.

Looking forward to next week.

Big Filipino
07-06-2013, 10:15 PM
I really liked this and the last episode. Every time I feel like I'm done with BH/PRiD I watch an episode like this and it pulls me back in.

Perceptor
07-08-2013, 11:18 AM
Somebody please help me... why the title "Minus One"?

Nightscrabbler
07-08-2013, 11:28 AM
It was a good episode, but had some problems. First of all, they had previously told us Soundwave had taken a vow of silence and now he seemingly broke it for no reason. His voice was okay.

Also, if it was that easy to just follow the humans, they could've found the base a long time ago.

I generally dislike terminology that makes a Transformer sound like a computer, like "hard drives".

The power of a black hole thing sounded kinda dumb too. Plus, it's quite a leap to go from Megatron is trying to obtain power to Megatron is trying to rebuild the Omega Lock.

These writers don't think things through that well.

Tonestar
07-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Somebody please help me... why the title "Minus One"?

I think the title refers to at first the Decepticons were Minus One Decepticon due to Soundwave's capture and then at the end of the episode the Autobots are Minus One due to Ratchet's capture...see how it all evens out. At least that is my thought on the title name.

Nightscrabbler
07-08-2013, 11:51 AM
And it's complementary to the title of a previous episode Plus One.

CobraCommander
07-08-2013, 01:14 PM
I'm still not sure whether or not I liked him using a smiley face though.

The one thing that bothered me about the episode was the arctic battle. I mean only a couple of episodes ago we had Predaking frozen in place, and now he is battling Prime in the same kind of environment without a problem?

I think the smiley face adds to his creepiness... :) (see The Villager in upcoming Smash Brothers for an example).

I was thinking the same thing, why was Predaking not ceasing up and freezing now?

Nightscrabbler
07-08-2013, 09:56 PM
I was thinking the same thing, why was Predaking not ceasing up and freezing now?

Presumably because that time they sent him somewhere colder than the south pole.

Fermix
07-09-2013, 04:42 PM

He may have been given more time to adapt to the harsher climate than in Rebellion, or that the environment in Rebellion was much colder.

Nightscrabbler
07-09-2013, 09:21 PM
He may have been given more time to adapt to the harsher climate than in Rebellion, or that the environment in Rebellion was much colder.

Or Shockwave may have somehow provided some kind of cold weather protection ("snowscreen"?) to prevent that manoeuvre from working again.