PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Galaxy...awesome

optimus_mike83
11-14-2007, 02:30 PM
Played it for 3 hours straight...it's awesome! Anyone else picked this up yet?

Pascal
11-14-2007, 03:06 PM
Is it better than Super Mario 3? :)

Nightscrabbler
11-14-2007, 03:21 PM
And is it better than Super Mario 64?

optimus_mike83
11-14-2007, 03:47 PM
trumps both. it's awesome...and im only a few hours in!

Nightscrabbler
11-14-2007, 04:36 PM
That's high praise. What exactly is so good about it?

optimus_mike83
11-14-2007, 11:05 PM
That's high praise. What exactly is so good about it?

Imagine Mario 64...but with better controls (ie the wiimote),better graphics, different worlds with different "rules" (ie being able to run upside down, bee mario, etc).. i dunno im only 3-4 hours into the game and i love it. its getting incredible reviews (above 9.5/10)..

if you try it, you will love it :D

Synch
11-14-2007, 11:21 PM
I found the n64 remote the odd time I used it very odd infact I remember my friends laughing at me because I kept running mario off the cliffs I just couldn't get use to it hahhah good times :P

Pascal
11-15-2007, 12:06 AM
I'm so old school... I'm still playing exclusively with the original NES... Super Mario Bros, Super Mario 1-2-3, Tetris, Adventures of Lolo, etc.

Nightscrabbler
11-15-2007, 12:50 AM
I still play my NES too (and SNES and N64), but hearing good things about Galaxy means I will definitely get a Wii... I will probably still wait for Mario Kart or F-Zero to come out though. That's very cool to hear mike83, thanks.

QuadESL63
11-15-2007, 12:58 AM
I'm 1 hour or so into the game... just started. Yes, it is fun! Believe the hype :D

tilallr1
11-15-2007, 12:48 PM
So I sucked it up and bought Galaxy last night. There were like a hundred of them at my local Walmart. Anyway, tried out the first level last night and really got into it. Love the controls and how they integrate into game play. Definitely recommending this title to others.

devilsknight
11-15-2007, 02:13 PM
I'm so old school... I'm still playing exclusively with the original NES... Super Mario Bros, Super Mario 1-2-3, Tetris, Adventures of Lolo, etc.

Exactly that's what i'm talking about !!! I downloaded Mario 3 for the NES onto my Wii about a week ago...man i need the practice, i've been sucking ass at it thus far.

I even setup my original NES beside the Wii, just in case I wanna bust out Blades of Steel anytime soon !

I still say the new gamers who haven't played the classics, will find those games as equally as hard as the new ones !

I'm cheating and d/l Mario Galaxy cause it's modded

dankir
11-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Its freakin' awesome. So worth it, best Mario game since Super Mario 64

Pascal
11-15-2007, 06:51 PM
Exactly that's what i'm talking about !!! I downloaded Mario 3 for the NES onto my Wii about a week ago...man i need the practice, i've been sucking ass at it thus far.

I even setup my original NES beside the Wii, just in case I wanna bust out Blades of Steel anytime soon !

I still say the new gamers who haven't played the classics, will find those games as equally as hard as the new ones !

I'm cheating and d/l Mario Galaxy cause it's modded

Blades of steel! Now that was a game! :D

Do you have the Game Genie? Pretty helpful when you're rusty...

tripleb
11-15-2007, 07:10 PM
so who's the bad guy mario is takin' on in this game? Bowser?

optimus_mike83
11-15-2007, 07:17 PM
so who's the bad guy mario is takin' on in this game? Bowser?

there's a few...but yup bowser is the main one

Nightscrabbler
11-15-2007, 09:59 PM
Blades of steel! Now that was a game! :D

It was a good game. I have Ice Hockey, which is a lot of fun.

optimus_mike83
11-15-2007, 11:06 PM
im at 36 stars - how about u guys?

CobraCommander
11-16-2007, 10:40 AM
Just started playing, so far only 11 stars.

There sure is lots of "transforming" in the game :D

-KG-
11-16-2007, 03:28 PM
Looks like I'm going to have to buy a Wii sooner then later!

devilsknight
11-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Looks like I'm going to have to buy a Wii sooner then later!

They aren't that hard to find anymore...i see them all the time lately...but when they are in stock they sell out within that day usually.

I'd call around alot of stores keep them in the back and slowly release them cause nobody calls about them anymore.

I love my Wii...so much fun.

MightAsWell Go4ASoda
11-19-2007, 12:20 AM
I've heard from a reliable source that it's the best mario platformer since Super Mario 64. Much better than Sunshine (which is believeable since sunshine was pretty disappointing)

If only i had a Wii. I think i'll wait for smash bros to come out then pick one up.

borihazard
11-19-2007, 03:53 AM
ya! mario is really fun!!
________
White Girls Webcam (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/white-girls/)

jimsupreme
11-19-2007, 04:54 PM
now don't get me wrong here, I love Mario games but, ever since Mario 64 i've hated the series and to me Mario just doesn't work in 3-d. but as always i'll give galaxy a go and hope for the best.

the last "good" Mario game to me was New Super Mario bros on the DS and Super Paper Mario on the wii.

but, that's just my opinion...

jim

Nightscrabbler
11-19-2007, 05:08 PM
now don't get me wrong here, I love Mario games but, ever since Mario 64 i've hated the series and to me Mario just doesn't work in 3-d. but as always i'll give galaxy a go and hope for the best.

What was wrong with Super Mario 64?

jimsupreme
11-19-2007, 05:18 PM
well, as i said, I didn't like the transition to 3-D, to me it felt wrong. i didn't like the controls , i didn't like the game as a whole and about all i did like was the music. and believe it or not there are quite a few who didn't like Mario 64 either. and Sunshine to me was well, stilted ... but I will give Galaxy a go.

MightAsWell Go4ASoda
11-19-2007, 07:14 PM
well, as i said, I didn't like the transition to 3-D, to me it felt wrong. i didn't like the controls , i didn't like the game as a whole and about all i did like was the music. and believe it or not there are quite a few who didn't like Mario 64 either. and Sunshine to me was well, stilted ... but I will give Galaxy a go.

......I think I love that game too much to understand your logic. Sure it was no Super Mario Brothers 3, but i grew up with that game, and i can't help but love most things about it. You're right about the controls though, took some getting used to. I just loved the concept of the game and still play it to this day.

You're right about sunshine. HUGE disappoitnment. i don't know what it was about it, just didn't click with me.