PDA

View Full Version : IDW MTMTE #15 (SPOILERS)

Sam
03-22-2013, 05:28 PM
So has anyone else been reading this filth?

They just killed off Ultra Magnus. I think I'm done with these craptastic books, they've gotten progressively worse since IDW started. Each year they go more and more downhill.

Frankly I'm really tired of terrible writing and the obvious plot lines. There's no twists, there's no turns, nothing.

The entire issue was given away 2 or 3 months ago when they showed off the cover. And RID is no better, it just keeps going downhill as well.

Lord I miss the days of actual good TF comics like War Within and the rest of the Dreamwave stuff.

Woundave
03-22-2013, 05:39 PM
lol no twists or turns. whatever.

like im sure you totally predicted everything that has happened in RID and MTMTE before you read the issues.

Both comics are top notch - Ultra Magnus might not be dead, and the dreamwave stuff. meh- to each their own i guess. But these comics are some of the best comics going right now.

Sam
03-22-2013, 05:53 PM
lol no twists or turns. whatever.

like im sure you totally predicted everything that has happened in RID and MTMTE before you read the issues.

Both comics are top notch - Ultra Magnus might not be dead, and the dreamwave stuff. meh- to each their own i guess. But these comics are some of the best comics going right now.

Really? You can read can't you? The cover was shown in previews like 3 months ago, right on the cover, BAM Ultra Magnus dying. then in the book, look what happens, OMG He's getting killed.

Yeah their plots are very predictable, Tell me you didn't see Prowl being controlled in some fashion by the Decepticons in RID?

The art, sure top notch, the writing, worse than when IDW started and that was pretty terrible.

Blitzwing
03-22-2013, 06:04 PM
Are you crazy? MTMTE is the best written Transformers comic EVER. Issue #15 was awesome. Ultra Magnus probably isn't even dead, since he's on the cover of Issue #17. Plus, that part of the story only took up 2 pages, there was so much else going on. The scene at the end with Chromedome and Rewind was amazing.

The characters are easily the most well rounded characters that have appeared in Transformers fiction.

It boggles my mind that people would consider DW being anywhere near as good as MTMTE.

Sam
03-22-2013, 06:20 PM
See it boggles my mind anyone can see this as good. I think the only thing this issue is good enough for is toilet paper.

Woundave
03-22-2013, 06:23 PM
A) Ultra Magnus might not be fully dead - we dont know yet. he was dying- not dead.

If the comics as a whole have been completely predictable- did you KNOW that the unnamed Senator from Shadowplay was Shockwave?

i mean, i could go on and on, but in the end i think its ridiculous to say that MTMTE and RID are filth. getting butthurt cause Ultra Magnus may or may not be dead is also silly IMO, people die, so do transformers, why is character death in a comic such a hangup for people?

rather than just calling it filth- what would you consider the hallmarks of a good tf comic to be? Why do you rate the dreamwave run so high?

down_shift
03-22-2013, 06:41 PM
I have to agree. I didn't care for it. Why? Too much too fast. I'm sure they will explain a little more in the next issue, but you have to admit the cover with Magnus punched through was pretty pretentious. Spoiled the whole thing. Then Overlords big escape is weak at best. Way too much happens off panel and those that are "dead" are never really dead.

I'm sure Braibstorms Meta Bomb will loop hole the whole thing.

Sam
03-22-2013, 06:49 PM
A) Ultra Magnus might not be fully dead - we dont know yet. he was dying- not dead.

If the comics as a whole have been completely predictable- did you KNOW that the unnamed Senator from Shadowplay was Shockwave?

i mean, i could go on and on, but in the end i think its ridiculous to say that MTMTE and RID are filth. getting butthurt cause Ultra Magnus may or may not be dead is also silly IMO, people die, so do transformers, why is character death in a comic such a hangup for people?

rather than just calling it filth- what would you consider the hallmarks of a good tf comic to be? Why do you rate the dreamwave run so high?

I have no problem with character death, good understandable character death that makes sense, random acts of killing characters (Which is all IDW has done since they got the license) is stupid.

I also have a problem with taking overrated characters like Overlord and using them as tools to implement said poor character deaths.

But to answer your question about Shockwave, yeah I didn't know that, but that's changing his entire background to something that was simply ridiculous to begin with.

Megatron's return, saw that coming a mile away. Prowl being controlled by the decepticons, that too. I'll admit I didn't think it was bombshell, but I did think it was a decepticon.

MTMTE hasn't necessarily been as predictable, but the stories have been far worse.

Now to the second thing you asked me, what do I think makes a good TF Comic? Well to start with, War Within was amazing, as much as I dislike what Simon Furman wrote in the 80's I think his work on War Within was amazing.

I also really enjoyed the direction the G1 Main title was going in DW before it dissolved and went the way of the dinosaurs.

Too me the book should be about the war between the Autobots and Decepticons. I'm not interested in some poorly written storyline about a so-called post war story. As long as there are Decepticons craving power there will be a war.

Having Optimus just up and drop his title and leave was also bad. Optimus would never abandon the Autobots when they needed him the most and if any time they needed him, it was then, when the war was supposidly at an end.

So yeah, IMO this stuff we've gotten has been poorly written and poorly executed. It's only saving grace is the art and even then on RID it hasn't been great.

Blitzwing
03-22-2013, 06:56 PM
I have to agree. I didn't care for it. Why? Too much too fast. I'm sure they will explain a little more in the next issue, but you have to admit the cover with Magnus punched through was pretty pretentious. Spoiled the whole thing. Then Overlords big escape is weak at best. Way too much happens off panel and those that are "dead" are never really dead.

I'm sure Braibstorms Meta Bomb will loop hole the whole thing.

Well, as for the pacing, the whole issue only took place over about an hour of time. But the issue itself was jam-packed with action. It's not like it read fast.

I'm not getting why so many readers think that the Magnus thing spoiled the issue? If he's even dead, his was only the third most important death in the issue. Rewind and Overlord's final scene was way more important. And what a return for Fort Max!

I guess if you don't want spoilers on your covers, IDW can always find Pat Lee and have him draw random pinup posters where the Transformer looks like a marshmellow and is not even in the issue.

Also, the Meta-bomb was hilarious. I'm wondering if Swerve will continue to break the 4th wall from now on. I highly doubt it will be used as any type of loop hole.

Sam
03-22-2013, 07:13 PM
Ultra Magnus was the most important death in the issue.

Woundave
03-22-2013, 07:36 PM
Ultra Magnus was the most important death in the issue.

Why? Cause he's one of your favorites or cause he's second in command of the ship?

Again, he might not be dead. As a to your opinion that tf should be about the war, I say we've had 30 years of the war between bots and cons, and I for I enthink its q great new direction that mtmte and rid are taking respectively.

Sam
03-22-2013, 07:39 PM
Why? Cause he's one of your favorites or cause he's second in command of the ship?

Again, he might not be dead. As a to your opinion that tf should be about the war, I say we've had 30 years of the war between bots and cons, and I for I enthink its q great new direction that mtmte and rid are taking respectively.

He's not my favourite, but yes, he's second in command and he's far more interesting than 90% of the loser characters on the Lost Light.

Also, we haven't had 30 years of it, there hasn't been ONE continuity for 30 years. I'd like to see a book dedicated tot he fact these two factions are at war, something that we've yet to really get.

Coralle
03-22-2013, 07:48 PM
90% of the loser characters on the Lost Light

Personally, I like how they use lesser known/used characters. We've seen how many regurgitations of Bumblebee and company? It's nice to see some fresh faces.

Just because it's different doesn't mean it's bad. ♥

Blitzwing
03-22-2013, 08:07 PM
He's not my favourite, but yes, he's second in command and he's far more interesting than 90% of the loser characters on the Lost Light.

Also, we haven't had 30 years of it, there hasn't been ONE continuity for 30 years. I'd like to see a book dedicated tot he fact these two factions are at war, something that we've yet to really get.

Ultra Magnus was my favorite character among the major cast before the series started, but since then, so many other characters have gotten so much more development. Overlord is a much bigger death in the scheme of overall Cybertronian affairs. Rewind is a much bigger death as far as members of the main cast of MTMTE goes.

We got 92 issues from Marvel about the two factions at war. About 36 issues from DW. 125 from IDW. There have only been 30 issues of post war stories and they have been a breath of fresh air.

nukedproducts
03-22-2013, 09:20 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/f2a2306e602927423405ca8818db398b/tumblr_mhypu4NXuX1qdt37bo1_500.png

Knockout
03-22-2013, 10:44 PM
For like three days now the Transformers tag on Tumblr has been grieving. I haven't been able to read 15 fully anywhere, but I have seen bits and pieces and ready a long outline of it and all I got to say is...WOW. I love both it and RID, even though I'm still grieving over my baby Prowl. ;-;

But Ultra Magnus isn't officially dead yet and even if it was, it's no spoiler. Issues back it said he wouldn't make it.

I'm glad nothing happens to Sunneh, I'm sad for Drift really. Ratchet kicked aft.

Coralle
03-23-2013, 12:50 AM
For like three days now the Transformers tag on Tumblr has been grieving. I haven't been able to read 15 fully anywhere, but I have seen bits and pieces and ready a long outline of it and all I got to say is...WOW. I love both it and RID, even though I'm still grieving over my baby Prowl. ;-;

But Ultra Magnus isn't officially dead yet and even if it was, it's no spoiler. Issues back it said he wouldn't make it.

I'm glad nothing happens to Sunneh, I'm sad for Drift really. Ratchet kicked aft.

This pretty much sums it up:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/a1f38349e2eec8f92774f9443875a0ab/tumblr_mjwh9pE5CH1qe0jtyo1_500.png
(Source (http://comradewodka.tumblr.com/post/45745462294/im-going-to-hell))

down_shift
03-24-2013, 05:28 PM

No, because he's a much bigger character then Rewind.

Edit: Also, Overlord isn't dead. I mean come on, just one issue back was dedicated back story of how indestructible he is.

chans formers
03-25-2013, 12:12 AM
imho magnus isn't dead.look at how rung got his head blown clean off,along with redalerts shared headache issues.
then swerve had his face blown off too,right down to his subframe.
then fort max got the pipe whirl stabbed into the base of his neck,and they all survived.
now pyro,twintwist,topspin and rotorstorm,thy're gone.
no casket,no death,this is how i see it;)

same goes for overlord and rewind.
remember how cyclonus and tailgate were caught in a similar locked room with a bomb?
they're still ticking,so no doubt overlord survived it,but with a new pet/plaything he probably shielded with his own body,not out of kindness,but to be able to prolong rewind's agony.

dbao123
03-29-2013, 09:53 AM
lol are you really that pissed that ultra magnus die? they kill off characters and bring them back all the time in comics. and considering this is a comic about transformable robots, its a lot more easier to come up with a way to bring ultra magnus back from the dead.

Sam
03-29-2013, 10:03 AM
Magnus is dead, he's X'd off the crew and he got stabbed through his spark. He's pretty much dead as dead can be.

tusko
04-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Magnus is dead, he's X'd off the crew and he got stabbed through his spark. He's pretty much dead as dead can be.

Unless some Junkions put him back together, and polish him up. Its happened before.

Knockout
04-03-2013, 06:41 PM
If Megatron can keep coming back 5000000 times, I am sure Ultra Magnus will find a way