PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Slag Episode 70 - The Plastic Pantomime

GMfan
03-08-2013, 09:41 PM
You media monkey's and you junket junkies, it's Toy Fair time, when we Transformers fans can either have our minds blown and torn or wind up deflated and jaded with what Hasbro has to offer the fandom in the new year. With all the Beast Hunters, Generations, Masterpiece, and more that was shown there was more then enough for the Slaggers to eyeball and yammer about for a couple of hours. Also, because they're so good, they managed to squeeze in a few of your listener questions. Sit back, relax, and enjoy a funky funky chit chat about all things Toy Fair 2013!

Canadian Slag Episode 70 - The Plastic Pantomime (http://www.cybertron.ca/podcast/Canadian%20Slag%2070%20-%20The%20Plastic%20Pantomime.mp3)
Host: Chris w/ Ian, Daniel, and Wendel
- Toy Fair 2013 discussion
- Medikor83 - Do you think Metroplex's new toy is a sign of things to come or a once in a blue moon event? Do you see more titan toys happening?
- Malwave - Are there any purchases you've regretted, and if you could get that cash back, what would you get with it?
- Laezerwolf - Why don't the other hosts allow Wendell to talk more on the podcast?

DOWNLOAD NOW! (http://www.cybertron.ca/podcast/Canadian%20Slag%2070%20-%20The%20Plastic%20Pantomime.mp3)

FOLLOW CANADIAN SLAG ON TWITTER AND BE READY WHEN WE LOOK FOR LISTENER QUESTIONS! (https://twitter.com/#%21/CanadianSlag)

Please e-mail any questions or topic ideas to canadianslag@gmail.com

WE'RE ON ITUNES! CLICK HERE! RATE AND REVIEW! (http://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/cybertron.ca-canadian-transformers/id337471858?ign-mpt=uo%3D4)

Stapler
03-08-2013, 09:56 PM
I've been waiting to hear what you guys have to say about the toy fair reveals. Looking forward to giving this episode a listen. :)

Bountyan
03-08-2013, 11:13 PM
Can't wait to hear about toy fair thoughts

TMIIWonkoNemises
03-09-2013, 12:13 AM
This may be one of the funniest Slag Episodes ever.I was this close to pull this on you: http://musingsonmatters.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/graham_chapman_stop_that_silly.jpg

Props to Daniel on the TransTech Dinobot observation.Now I'm looking more forward to buying this Shockwave,as well as the other Beast Wars homages :)

The TMII Megatron?I thought it was the TM version,since it makes sense considering he had both hands.

Also,note boys:The whole episode seems to have problems...it stopped midway at 1:46.

EDIT:Yup,way too silly,but a good episode regardless

GMfan
03-09-2013, 12:18 AM
Episode 70 is being re-uploaded folks!

Seems there's an error where it cut early at 1:46:11 due to an error in the initial upload.

Malwave
03-09-2013, 12:21 AM
Episode 70 is being re-uploaded folks!

Seems there's an error where it cut early at 1:46:11 due to an error in the initial upload.

Canadian Slag will return after these messages :primelaugh:

GMfan
03-09-2013, 12:47 AM
We've returned full episode is uploaded ;)

Stapler
03-09-2013, 01:44 AM
Digging the Beast Hunters talk. The non beasts are definitely going for BW homages, like you said. Dreadwing looks just like Silverbolt what with those talon feet and wings, Bulkhead has a Razorbeast thing going on with those tusks, So many great repaints for Hasbro to make with these guys.

And the first thing I though of when I saw Ratchet was BWII Thrustor (orange/yellow, tail weapon, monocle). But that's more obscure and the Dinobot/Dinobot II theme seems much more likely now that you mention it.

Shockwave 75
03-11-2013, 12:48 AM
Now that we've seen what Bumblebee will actually look like in season 3, there really is no reason for someone like me; who only collects show characters, to want to buy almost any of the BH toyline. I can imagine that MAYBE Prime might get his new body, but I highly doubt any of the others will. It seems to be a toy fiction only, what with the little story segments each figure comes with on their instructions.
And since we've also heard that a new Autobot will be showing up in ep 3 (I think), I'm calling Ultra Magnus since he's getting like, what? Three new toys?

I can see what you're saying about supporting Hasbro with purchasing Metroplex at full retail, but I don't know. I really had planned to wait till he was on sale. I really don't buy that many toys because I have to be very choosey with my exceptionally limited cash flow.

Oh, and just to correct a couple Kreon facts; Cheetor is not the first BW character and neither is Arcee the first fembot.
The preview wave had Waspinator, and the first wave had Airachnid.

Bountyan
03-11-2013, 12:52 AM
Now that we've seen what Bumblebee will actually look like in season 3, there really is no reason for someone like me; who only collects show characters, to want to buy almost any of the BH toyline.

Same. I'm probably just going to straight up pass on the entire line except for Smokescreen, Shockwave, and Predaking.

Shockwave 75
03-11-2013, 01:07 AM
Same. I'm probably just going to straight up pass on the entire line except for Smokescreen, Shockwave, and Predaking.
My thoughts exactly!

But the Ultimate Predaking since he's going to be huge in the show.

Jawz. D
03-11-2013, 04:33 PM
Are you guys sure it's Cutthroat? I think it's Cutthroat. XD

GMfan
03-12-2013, 05:00 PM
And since we've also heard that a new Autobot will be showing up in ep 3 (I think), I'm calling Ultra Magnus since he's getting like, what? Three new toys?

I'd be amazed if it wasn't Ultra Magnus...ANYONE WANNA TAKE BETS, I'M FOR MAGNUS...ANYONE!?! :P

I can see what you're saying about supporting Hasbro with purchasing Metroplex at full retail, but I don't know. I really had planned to wait till he was on sale. I really don't buy that many toys because I have to be very choosey with my exceptionally limited cash flow.

Resist the urge of lesser "maybe I want that" figures and put that toward Metroplex. Trust me when I say showing the support of this is very very important.

Oh, and just to correct a couple Kreon facts; Cheetor is not the first BW character and neither is Arcee the first fembot.
The preview wave had Waspinator, and the first wave had Airachnid.

Oh ya...those existed.You can tell none of us are huge K-reo guys :P

Either way cool that we're getting more.

Same, with the exception of maybe "Roadbuster" and all the dragons. I kinda like the look of most of them so I'll get them all. They're original characters and think ther's some cool fiction there them being their own faction. I too will be skipping the voyager Predaking and take the bigger, badder version instead.

Malwave
03-12-2013, 06:16 PM
"He's back in POG form."

fucking god damn it Wendel :p

Metroplex79
03-14-2013, 11:07 AM
RE: Toy Fair 2013 Legends - Bumblebee with Blazemaster

Though at first I didn't see it until you guys mentioned it, my first instinct was Action Masters Bumblebee.

Great podcast guys, I had a few laughs.

And yes people, buy all the Metroplexes you can!!!
:raisetheroof:

Jawz. D
03-14-2013, 12:11 PM
"He's back in POG form."

fucking god damn it Wendel :p

Hehehe!

Jawz. D aka Wendel: Random references and word resource/ terms of the podcast.

CobraCommander
03-14-2013, 01:28 PM
RE: Toy Fair 2013 Legends - Bumblebee with Blazemaster

Though at first I didn't see it until you guys mentioned it, my first instinct was Action Masters Bumblebee.

Great podcast guys, I had a few laughs.

And yes people, buy all the Metroplexes you can!!!
:raisetheroof:

Will you be buying... 79 of them by any chance? :p

Metroplex79
03-14-2013, 03:29 PM
Will you be buying... 79 of them by any chance? :p
Hmmm...I'll probably have 7 to 9....depending on how accessible they all come out...

Assumptions of versions to be released:
-regular (loose and MISB)
-Metrotitan (loose and MISB)
-Shattered Glass (loose and MISB)
-Autobot city orange (loose and MISB)
-cartoon version (loose and MISB)

Even though I don't follow a budget, I generally don't overspend on figures. The only 2 post-1992 figures released at retail that I overpaid for are (like most people) Classics Skywarp and Ultra Magnus.

Stapler
03-14-2013, 03:31 PM
I wonder if Metroplex will feature those connecter points on those Cyberverse base sets? Would be a neat throwback to how he could connect to the combiner leader base modes and give us a way to build up a bigger city.

TeamZoth
03-18-2013, 12:56 PM
Hey! i'm new to this site, and also to your pod-cast action, but it's flippin awesome!, really looking forward to the next one guys :)
oh!, and as a random question, who do you think is the most fan favorite of all the TF's? excluding Optimus, and Bumblebee...

GMfan
03-18-2013, 04:22 PM
Hey! i'm new to this site, and also to your pod-cast action, but it's flippin awesome!, really looking forward to the next one guys :)
oh!, and as a random question, who do you think is the most fan favorite of all the TF's? excluding Optimus, and Bumblebee...

EDIT: SEE EPISODE 71 FOR THE ANSWER TO THIS AND MUCH MUCH MORE.

Corvicron
03-18-2013, 06:33 PM
I think that supporting people to buy Metroplex is a good idea that is flawed. Past large sized figures have always shelf warmed even when we liked them e.g. Armada Unicron. By the time the G1 accurate vertion came out it choked tru for months. Hasbro will re-release Metroplex for as long as they want barring super poor sales. If we buy Metroplex to try and get other titan figures, but then when the repaint comes out an there is no appitite for it and it shelf warms, that is what will kill the Titan size class.
I think the idea of encoraging people to buy Metroplex to try and get more like him is a good idea, I have no faith in Hasbro following through the way we want.

Protoman
03-19-2013, 12:21 PM

Would make a good listener question =P