PDA

View Full Version : Dropkick: my first try on stop motion video

Spacemonkey
10-28-2007, 04:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8Z6AGz2NzM

Last night, i decided to make a try and make a stop motion video using movie Dropkick. I'm thinking to make other try someday and maybe some little scenes. For now I'm a beginner.

I'm not sur if i'm posting it in the right section of the forum. Considering Costumizing, repainting and kitbashing as art, i think video making could be add to or maybe a thread for it could be create.

Code of Honor
10-28-2007, 05:18 PM
This section is for every thing that people can create, weather it's 2D/3D Artwork, Kitbashes, Repaints, or Stop-motion videos.

I gotta say, good job on the video, the transformation flowed really well.

-KG-
10-28-2007, 05:31 PM
I think it turned out really well. It all flowed nicely. Good job!

Spacemonkey
10-28-2007, 05:36 PM
Thank you. That kind of work needs time and patience but i like it. With a lot of time i would probably tryed with all my tf. I take 30 shots for the transformation from truck to robot ( inverse transformation is made with the same pictures from end to start) and I could have take more to add fluidity.
My inspiration: all the stop motions tf videos i saw on you tube and Robot Chiken of course. But i'm not sure of using sounds and voices; maybe after many, many tries. I hope to see videos from other cybertron.ca members

JLvatron
12-29-2007, 01:55 PM
Good stuff! And I think I saw a cat in the background, so it fits nicely in the episode "Child's Play" !:)

Spacemonkey
12-29-2007, 06:35 PM
Good stuff! And I think I saw a cat in the background, so it fits nicely in the episode "Child's Play" !:)
Yes the cat was curious about what i did with the camera flash, but i didn,t want the cat play with me ;). And because that was my first try with that concept, i wasn't ready (i'm not anymore, don't have enough time and patience) to do a remake of the mentioned episode.

GMfan
12-29-2007, 07:47 PM
Very well done, usually these stop motion videos make me sick because the lighting will change suddenly or the figure/camera shifts plays games with my head but this one was good and smooth. Keep it up.

JLvatron
12-29-2007, 08:07 PM
, usually these stop motion videos make me sick

A passed expiry date on milk can also be a factor. ;)