PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream OUT at US Retail

Tony_Bacala
10-27-2007, 02:30 AM
Hasbro Masterpiece Starscream OUT at US Retail (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=155497)

Category: Transformers Generation 1 News

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

Incepticon
10-27-2007, 04:33 AM
Geeze, that thing only costs about $48 according to the guy who bought it. I'm seriously starting to second guess my pre-order for 2 of the Japanese version for $115 each. At under $50 a pop for the American version, I think I could live with the battle damage paint job.

The downside to this G1 version of MP-03 is that the stickers (at least the faction symbols) come pre-applied already. I kinda like the option to leave them off.

I wonder if Kool Toyz will price adjust for the American version (currently priced @ $100.00).

Paradigm-Shift Prime
10-27-2007, 03:48 PM
Geeze, that thing only costs about $48 according to the guy who bought it. I'm seriously starting to second guess my pre-order for 2 of the Japanese version for $115 each. At under $50 a pop for the American version, I think I could live with the battle damage paint job.

The downside to this G1 version of MP-03 is that the stickers (at least the faction symbols) come pre-applied already. I kinda like the option to leave them off.

I wonder if Kool Toyz will price adjust for the American version (currently priced @ $100.00).

I thought even when the retail was said to be $60 US that the online stores posting him at $100 was radiculously over the top. That's WAY more of a mark-up than stuff coming from Japan and SS here is only coming from the states.

BTW, here's hoping that he shows up at Canadian Wal-Marts (at all) at no more than $69!!

Spacemonkey
10-27-2007, 04:08 PM
BTW, here's hoping that he shows up at Canadian Wal-Marts (at all) at no more than $69!!

I hope the same thing and 69.99 is about the price of leader class (toysrus price). Considering MP SS size is between MP Prime and Alternators it could be a reasonable price. For now we must wait and see if he will cross the border.

Pascal
10-27-2007, 04:17 PM
I would only consider buying one if it didn't have the battle damage deco. I'm happy with my MP-03.

optimus_mike83
10-27-2007, 04:55 PM
id buy from kooltoyz if he lowered the price...thats crazy.

Sunstar
10-27-2007, 06:05 PM
I contemplated buying from Kooltoyz, but I found that expensive.

Incepticon
10-27-2007, 06:22 PM
I think there's a very good chance that we're going to see this guy released in Canada considering all of the other recent Wal-Mart & TRU exclusives have made their way here. Plus I can't see Hasbro deciding to keep a figure of this stature & popularity limited to the States alone, especially with X-Mas right around the corner.

I also anticipate that he'll be around the same price as he is in the States; taking into account Wal-Mart's supposd price adjusting now that our dollar's are virtually on par with each other. He might not be less than $50, but I'm guessing he'll be no more than a Leader class movie figure at most.

Sunstar
10-27-2007, 06:32 PM
I hope so because that day, come hell or high water, I am going to walmart. I desperatelyu want this figure, but I want it for a reasonable price.

Dangard Ace
10-27-2007, 06:46 PM
I've sent an email to Sheraz if he's going to do a price adjustment now that it's been sighted and verified for less the $50usd. Here's hoping he changes the price otherwise ...emails to friends in the US!!!

JaySmith
10-27-2007, 07:19 PM
Guess I know where I'll be heading this upcoming weekend. :D

Sunstar
10-27-2007, 09:44 PM
I am tyring to convince someone to pick him up for me.

Dangard Ace
10-27-2007, 11:47 PM
Got a reply form Kooltoyz. If his supplier does a price adjustment he'll be able to do a price adjustment as well. Here's hoping!!

Sunstar
10-28-2007, 05:08 AM
Anyone going to the states and getting one, can you pick one up for me as well? Pretty please?

optimus_mike83
10-28-2007, 11:53 AM
i got one from sheraz saying he doesn't price match....hopefully his price does come down tho.

JaySmith
10-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Anyone going to the states and getting one, can you pick one up for me as well? Pretty please?

I will be heading down to the US this upcoming weekend. If I happen to find Masterpiece Starscream of course I'll be picking one up for myself first and foremost but, but if there happens to be a few more, I'll bring 2-3 more back for us Canadians.

Sunstar
10-28-2007, 02:07 PM
I will be heading down to the US this upcoming weekend. If I happen to find Masterpiece Starscream of course I'll be picking one up for myself first and foremost but, but if there happens to be a few more, I'll bring 2-3 more back for us Canadians.

I would love you to death. I've got a couple lookers for me, but thus far, nada