PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Slag Episode 69 - Who Topped, Who Bottomed

GMfan
02-20-2013, 11:01 PM
Well we survived 2012, and no it wasn't the looming possibility that the world was ending but due to what felt like one of the slowest years for Transformers collectors in Canada...which may have sadly felt like the end of the world for some. We take a huge look back at 2012 and think of what the franchise threw at us, the fiction and figures, what we enjoyed and what we didn't, and look forward to see what our new year of 2013 will bring us. Strap in. It's another year of Canadian Slag!

Canadian Slag Episode 69 - Who Topped, Who Bottomed (http://www.cybertron.ca/podcast/Canadian%20Slag%2069%20-%20Who%20Topped,%20Who%20Bottomed.mp3)
Host: Ian with Chris, Daniel, and Wendel
- Retrospect on 2012
- Looking forward to 2013

DOWNLOAD NOW! (http://www.cybertron.ca/podcast/Canadian%20Slag%2069%20-%20Who%20Topped,%20Who%20Bottomed.mp3)

FOLLOW CANADIAN SLAG ON TWITTER AND BE READY WHEN WE LOOK FOR LISTENER QUESTIONS! (https://twitter.com/#%21/CanadianSlag)

Please e-mail any questions or topic ideas to canadianslag@gmail.com

WE'RE ON ITUNES! CLICK HERE! RATE AND REVIEW! (http://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/cybertron.ca-canadian-transformers/id337471858?ign-mpt=uo%3D4)

Stapler
02-20-2013, 11:26 PM
Sounds like a fun episode. I can't to give it a listen tomorrow. :)

Undrave
02-21-2013, 03:14 AM
I know I should have went and get a Case but... as time went on I just stopped CARING about those toys... the only one I really still wanted were Vehicon and Dead End. I'm trading for a Dead End soon, and I can wait for Vehicon (I'm getting the Jet Vehicon General anyway).

And you know... Knock Out isn't that bad of a toy. I got the Dark Energon version and it's great. It's horrible when it comes to show accuracy anyway, so I don't care about the insane colors, they actually work better. What's really impressive about Knock Out is that the car is so TINY but he stretches out into this lanky expressive dude. Kinda wish the arm had better elbows though.

Ya know how they keep telling us that they need to use molds more than once but... man this year Hasbro really dropped it on that side. I mean why didn't we get those Thundercracker and Skywarp? Why did I have to import Wildrider? Why do we have Rumble but no Frenzy? Why not Ironhide? Why isn't there a Deluxe class Tailgate and Flamewar?

And what the heck are they gonna repaint Airachnid as?

alternatorfan
02-21-2013, 04:54 AM
podcasts from each province with the main players of each city
like dish nation jokes tf's discussion hard to finds....Hmmmmmm

Jawz. D
02-21-2013, 12:01 PM
At 26 minutes, Hasbro were like "Wait till they get a load of me." 80s Joker style.

Spleenzorio
02-21-2013, 12:17 PM
I've been thinking of buying cases for a while now, stupid question but where's a good place to get them for under 100 bucks in Canada?

GMfan
02-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Like a display case?

Undrave
02-21-2013, 02:21 PM
At 26 minutes, Hasbro were like "Wait till they get a load of me." 80s Joker style.

I can't wait for the post Toy Fair podcast now XD

Spleenzorio
02-21-2013, 02:24 PM
A case of Transformers I meant, sorry :P

Stapler
02-21-2013, 05:55 PM
Pretty enjoyable episode, guys. Great to have ya back after that hiatus.

I don't know if I'd be able to pick a worst figure of 2012. I'm just able to find something to like about any figure. It's a curse. :p

AeroShake
02-21-2013, 05:57 PM
Really liking Canadian Slag! Keep it up guys!

GMfan
02-21-2013, 06:17 PM

Oh right...cuz we totally talked about those in the episode...I'm not fully cognitive yet, I just came off 4 twelve hour night shifts.

Everest Distributing in Ontario sells cases but I don't know if they sell to the general public...can always call and ask. Also contact site sponsors. It may not be on their site but I'm sure A3U and Automaton would be able to make something happen.

GMfan
02-21-2013, 07:17 PM
I can't wait for the post Toy Fair podcast now XD

Certainly will be a large topic we discuss in the episode we record tonight...you can count on that.

Really liking Canadian Slag! Keep it up guys!

We try...

Spleenzorio
02-21-2013, 09:29 PM
Oh right...cuz we totally talked about those in the episode...I'm not fully cognitive yet, I just came off 4 twelve hour night shifts.

Everest Distributing in Ontario sells cases but I don't know if they sell to the general public...can always call and ask. Also contact site sponsors. It may not be on their site but I'm sure A3U and Automaton would be able to make something happen.

Awesome blossom, thanks :bow:

Robimus
02-22-2013, 03:04 AM
The only thing I can add is that the current fiction, ala the MTMTE/RID comics, is really fun and very original.

Cons like Kaon, Helex & Tesarus are so awesome and original. The Alt mode of an electric chair for a Con is such a cool concept.

And I love the G1 Season 3 feel of MTMTE.

FOC Jazz is awesome, but I'm a little biased.

Protoman
02-25-2013, 01:30 AM

Best bet is TFsource for Case Assortment around the time they launch (and sometimes before in a preorder), the down side is those openings for case buys are really small and when they are gone, they are GONE.

Failing that Earth Entertainment always has them, but they are generally 10 bucks more or less, which might hurt your flipping game if your trying to move some figures you don't want in the case.

Hope that helps

Demonss
02-25-2013, 01:51 PM
My Metal Hawk's nose turned out ok.. But I also had some modifications in order to take that awful pretender head off..
The end result... I love my metal hawk!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-3WCvPfYay48/T6hD24IwInI/AAAAAAAABRA/AucqA-dFLgs/s1222/2012-05-07+17.50.31.jpg

GMfan
02-25-2013, 04:53 PM
Wow...simple and awesome

Shockwave 75
02-25-2013, 05:13 PM
What head is that?

The show was good as usual, but I'm surprised to hear that some of you think that FE Bulkhead and Starscream were terrible toys? Really?! They're about 90% screen accurate and light years above the PRID Voyagers!

All in all I think the Prime toys are all pretty good (maybe not Airachnid). I think a lot of people's perceptions have been coloured by the difficult time many of us have had trying to track them down. Due to shitty distribution and early wave over ordering, I think in most people's minds Prime = disappointment.

I like the Grail section too. The Grail I got last year was my MIB Overlord.

I think the high light of last year was the blind pack Kreons. They're also what I'm looking forward to the most for next year so far.

GMfan
02-25-2013, 06:13 PM
What head is that?

The show was good as usual, but I'm surprised to hear that some of you think that FE Bulkhead and Starscream were terrible toys? Really?! They're about 90% screen accurate and light years above the PRID Voyagers!

Looks like Cyberton Hot Shot...

And I was talking about PRID Bulkhead and Starscream. The first addition ones were AMAZING.

Cheers Ian
02-25-2013, 07:12 PM

Yeah...we were talking about the PRID voyagers. They aren't bad toys per say, they were just highly unessessary when we already had such great versions of Starscream and Bulkhead from the First Edition line ups.

Those voyagers spots could have gone to other characters like a Voyager Ratchet or finding a spot for a North American Breakdown.

Protoman
02-25-2013, 09:21 PM
What head is that?

Yeah...we were talking about the PRID voyagers. .

Yeah, a lot of releases for PRID were not needed, but then again..... if not for them, normal non-TRU retail (and for a time most of the USA) would not get a Voyager Prime/Bulkhead and any kind of Starscream, ditto goes for all the other FE releases.

Malwave
02-25-2013, 11:13 PM
Yeah, a lot of releases for PRID were not needed, but then again..... if not for them, normal non-TRU retail (and for a time most of the USA) would not get a Voyager Prime/Bulkhead and any kind of Starscream, ditto goes for all the other FE releases.

always did prefer the FE version of Bulkhead......the PRID version just looked awful by comparison.

...this coming from someone who's basically skipped the entire Prime toy catalog with the exception of a few toys, but still. :p

Demonss
02-26-2013, 09:58 AM
Looks like Cyberton Hot Shot...

And I was talking about PRID Bulkhead and Starscream. The first addition ones were AMAZING.

That it is!
I had to carve it down a little and making the chest plate thin enough to fit the head was a challenge.. But I succeeded ultimately (took a LONG time getting it so that the head and chest would sit flush in jet mode).

Thank goodness skyshadows were easy to find for a while. ;)

always did prefer the FE version of Bulkhead......the PRID version just looked awful by comparison.

...this coming from someone who's basically skipped the entire Prime toy catalog with the exception of a few toys, but still. :p

I picked up PRID bulkhead (and also FE bulkhead).
FE looks way better but PRID is definitely a fun toy.
Starscream was very meh (sold him a day after I bought him), prime was garbage..
But bulkhead wasn't bad..

Undrave
03-03-2013, 03:25 PM
Comixology had a sale on More Than Meets the Eyes this weekend. I just went and got volume 1 and 2 and the annual! Also got Monstrosity issue 1 for 99ยข while I was at it. That's gonna give me some good reading at work.

GMfan
03-03-2013, 04:52 PM
You won't be disappointed

Undrave
03-04-2013, 12:31 AM
You won't be disappointed

I sure wasn't! That was some fun stuff! Swerve is a hoot :D

Tonight was super boring so I managed to finish reading the Star Trek: TNG and Doctor Who crossover and go done with MTME vol.1, I intend to read vol. 2 and the annual tomorow!

Undrave
03-05-2013, 02:33 AM
Okay... Rodimus buddy... where the SLAG did you get that ship from? It's pratically cursed! It's like buying a house and finding it used to be a morgue and is now haunted or something.

I'm scared of what the former owner is up to now O.O