PDA

View Full Version : F1 season over....

Protoman
10-21-2007, 02:37 PM
*takes a drag of a cigarette*

Well looks like those Mclaren cheaters were on the way to championship victory this race, but it seems a miracle happened. Hamilton screwed up twice and Alonso just could not keep his pace with the Ferraris...... tis a good day indeed......... *takes another drag* tis a good day......... :cool:

http://blogs.edmunds.com/.ee97da1/cmd.233/enclosure..ee97da2

pokoyg
10-21-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm not a huge F1 fan but I like to watch from time to time. I was hoping Raikkonen would actually won the driver championship and he did. It was even more special as he won it in the final race with only 1 point ahead of both Hamilton and Alonso. The only thing is that it looks TOO good to be true. I mean, Alonso getting 6 points to get his total to 109 as well as Hamilton finishing in a perfect 7th place good for 2 points to get his total to 109 is just too wow. There must of been like some sort of a divine intervention. That's it, I come to the conclusion that F1 is all staged like pro wrestling! Just kidding. Anyways, it was a really fun F1 season because of all the ups and downs everybody had and especially the tight run for the driver championship.

Protoman
10-21-2007, 10:55 PM
All I have to say was Justice was Served.... :cool:

cannabisprime
10-21-2007, 11:57 PM
While I would've preferred Kimi winning while he was at McLaren, I'm still happy that he won it. This is, after all, the driver that made McLaren look good despite reliability problems from the past few seasons; can't remember which race it was, but it was thrilling watching that one race where he had to start at the back of the pack (due to an engine change) and raced all the way to a podium!

All I have to say was Justice was Served.... :cool:

Oh, gimme a break :rolleyes:

JLvatron
10-22-2007, 09:54 AM

Well looks like those Mclaren cheaters were on the way to championship victory this race, but it seems a miracle happened. Hamilton screwed up twice and Alonso just could not keep his pace with the Ferraris...... tis a good day indeed......... *takes another drag* tis a good day......... :cool:

So you're telling us that Ferrari winning the championship has driven you to smoking?:p

Protoman
10-22-2007, 02:50 PM
So you're telling us that Ferrari winning the championship has driven you to smoking?:p

Just setting the mood Meesum :cool:

JLvatron
10-22-2007, 04:31 PM

Setting the mood ...for bad habits?!!:eek:

Matrix, what's next??:(

-Drinking? (like on the F1 podium)
-Cheating? (like Ferrari, every 2nd race)
-Stealing? (like McLaren techs :p )

JLvatron
10-23-2007, 07:42 AM

Okay, so I just re-read your 1st post with the mood in mind. And I gatta say...

That was hilarious! You are a literary genius, Daniel!:cool:

Heck, I could picture k.d.lang smiling in the background!:)

JLvatron
12-10-2007, 02:30 PM
Recent F1 happenings:

Renault announce Alonso! No surprise, but where will Kovaleinen go? I'm afraid this is the end for Fisi's career, although he could join Toyota.
...which means the end of Fisi's career! :p

FIA doesn't punish Renault for cheating:confused: . Big surprise, FIA only punishes Ferrari's main rival McLaren, everybody else feel free to break all the rules.:(

Michael Schumacher is lightning fast in a Ferrari test. Man, I'm still hurting as a fan, why oh why did this awesomer retire:( ? He totally raps:) !

And no k.d.lang:cool:

Jetfire Maximus
12-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Recent F1 happenings:

Renault announce Alonso! No surprise, but where will Kovaleinen go? I'm afraid this is the end for Fisi's career, although he could join Toyota.
...which means the end of Fisi's career! :p

FIA doesn't punish Renault for cheating:confused: . Big surprise, FIA only punishes Ferrari's main rival McLaren, everybody else feel free to break all the rules.:(

Michael Schumacher is lightning fast in a Ferrari test. Man, I'm still hurting as a fan, why oh why did this awesomer retire:( ? He totally raps:) !

And no k.d.lang:cool:

Rumours are flying that Kovalainen's on his way to McLaren-Mercedes (and Alonso's former raceseat). I can't recall hearing about him taking part in any recent test sessions with them, though, so we'll just have to wait and see...

Fisi recently test-drove the new Force India F1 (formerly Spyker) team's car alongside Ralf Schumacher. Neither of them have been officially confirmed as drivers there for next season yet, though.

The WMSC didn't punish the Renault team because there was no reason to do so. McLaren, on the other hand, were clearly guilty as sin. You can go right ahead and think whatever you want, but this is not a case of the FIA favoritizing one team over any other. Everyone has to play by the same set of strict and carefully worded rules and regulations.

And yes, Michael is and always will be the greatest driver in the history of all of racing. No one will ever equal, much less outdo, him. As well as schooling the field at a current test, did you know he won at a recent champions' karting event in Brazil?

If you really want to know why he retired, you should ask Luca di Montezemolo...

;)

Protoman
12-11-2007, 04:29 PM
The big question... where is Hamilton at this point, he had an interview on Top Gear a week ago and he still didn't know himself.

JLvatron
12-11-2007, 06:31 PM
The big question... where is Hamilton at this point, he had an interview on Top Gear a week ago and he still didn't know himself.

Where??
He's got to be at McLaren, Ron must have an iron-clad multi-year contract on him.
Almost cladder than Villeneuve's loophole-less contract with BAR ;)

Jetfire Maximus
12-14-2007, 11:35 AM
Kovalainen has just been confirmed as Hamilton's teammate at McLaren for next season.

cannabisprime
12-14-2007, 02:18 PM
Kovalainen has just been confirmed as Hamilton's teammate at McLaren for next season.

:( Wow, so now that dust has cleared, McLaren really gave away Raikonnen to get Kovalainen.. Man, way to stick it to us McLaren fans...

Protoman
12-16-2007, 04:18 PM
Hmm next year should be interesting then..... I recently skimmed through Lewis Hamilton's new book/autobiography (Yes.... crazy eh?). Let's see how thinks will pan out now.

cannabisprime
12-16-2007, 04:25 PM
Since this is somewhat an F1-related question, do any F1-fans also follow/watch A1 Grand Prix during the Formula 1 off-season?

Protoman
12-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Since this is somewhat an F1-related question, do any F1-fans also follow/watch A1 Grand Prix during the Formula 1 off-season?

I try to catch it when RDS/TSN shows it during late night openings. It's more much balanced then F1 and it's more country related too rather then car company.

JLvatron
10-12-2008, 12:02 PM

http://blogs.edmunds.com/.ee97da1/cmd.233/enclosure..ee97da2

HAHA!! I needed to read this again.:D

Pure literary genius, Proto! :cool:

cannabisprime
10-12-2008, 12:53 PM
With 2 races left, it's going to be another close one again this year!

Jetfire Maximus
10-18-2008, 01:25 AM
With 2 races left, it's going to be another close one again this year!

May the best man win!!!

;)

cannabisprime
10-19-2008, 02:37 AM
20 minutes left until the 08 Chinese GP; if Hamilton stays 1st and Massa finishes 5th or lower, it's all over Scuderia fans! :p

JLvatron
10-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Nice to see Hamilton wasn't penalized for doing nothing, and that Massa wasn't not-penalized for doing something.

Protoman
10-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Well unless Hamilton messes up BAD this last race, looks like we got a champion.

cannabisprime
10-23-2008, 01:27 AM
As an aside, what do you guys think of the FIA tendering out offers for engine suppliers for the 2010 season?

JLvatron
10-23-2008, 03:03 PM
Well unless Hamilton messes up BAD this last race, looks like we got a champion.

That won't stop the FIA stewards from giving him fake penalties to rob him of the title.

Protoman
10-23-2008, 06:19 PM
That won't stop the FIA stewards from giving him fake penalties to rob him of the title.

Funny thing also, I said last year that "unless Hamilton messes up BAD this last race, looks like we got a champion" and well..... he screwed up..... so who knows. I will be front and center sunday.

cannabisprime
11-02-2008, 02:46 PM
OMFG, down to the mothereffin wire!!!!!

Yobuster
11-02-2008, 08:44 PM
I know!!! I was like oh crap Vettel took 5th and then last lap Glock goes slow! I was like what the!?!??! Either GLock was super nice, he had tire problem or he got paid. hahaha I am sure it was tire trouble. Wish i could watch it again. definitely one of sports finest moments.

Protoman
11-03-2008, 12:05 AM
Well Lewis is champion. He won by one point. It was a close one, Kinda sad that Massa drove his heart out to on his home course....

cannabisprime
11-03-2008, 02:15 PM
Well Lewis is champion. He won by one point. It was a close one, Kinda sad that Massa drove his heart out to on his home course....

I feel more for Coulthard than I do for Massa; spinning out on the second turn (on the first lap) is no way to finish an F1 career. Here's to you David!