PDA

View Full Version : Can you ever be too early on filing a Paypal Dispute?

Dark Rage
10-18-2007, 07:11 PM
Hey, so I recently bought an item off a website, but for the last day or two, I haven't received any information on my order. Would it be too early to file a dispute with paypal, simply because there is no communication?

I don't know what the account of the seller has, but it's not even in their own name, that pretty much sent a few red flags to my attention.

Plus, he's unverified and non-U.S. I'm really tempted to click on the file a dispute button.

I'd appreciate any help/opinions.

rid
10-18-2007, 07:37 PM
On one hand, it's never too early for your peace of mind and bank account. If he is lazy in replying, this will motivate him to do so. What's more, PayPal imposes a 45 days delay before refunding you so the earlier you fill, the faster you may get a resolution (if any)

However, if this turns out to be a miscommunication, you may burn bridges and the seller may not want to do business with you again.

So, it's up to you to decide which is more important: peace of mind or your rep...

Dark Rage
10-18-2007, 07:49 PM
How would my rep be affected? This was a simple purchase on a website.

figurenow.com

Damn you Revoltech Ultra Magnus, why did I want to buy you?!

MangaSpawn64
10-18-2007, 08:38 PM
Damn you Revoltech Ultra Magnus, why did I want to buy you?!

...Cause he rocks :p I'm gonna take pics of my new setup and you'll see he's worth it :D

I'd wait for a week of zero communication, with a VERY polite email every 2 days, from differents sources (ie Hotmail, then from eBay and if it fails, from another account, like work address).

cannabisprime
10-19-2007, 01:50 AM
I'd wait for a week of zero communication, with a VERY polite email every 2 days, from differents sources (ie Hotmail, then from eBay and if it fails, from another account, like work address).

Pretty much what I was going to add; a minimum of a week without response before evey contemplating a PayPal dispute. I'd send them an email every two days or so in that time.

-KG-
10-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Yeah, wait at least a week. You have to give people the benefit of the doubt. I just filed a dispute after 30 days of waiting.