PDA

View Full Version : TFcon volunteers wanted!

TFcon Toronto
10-16-2007, 01:28 PM
Interested in helping us get the word out about TFcon? Want to help out the day of the show? Or be involved in the planning of the next TFcon? Email us through http://www.tfcon.ca/ and let us know.

The TFcon staff works year round promoting the convention so it's never too early to express interest. Some of the most common tasks are dropping flyers off at local comic/toy/hobby stores or manning the TFcon booths at other conventions and toy shows with other TF fans and staff members.

We are also looking for people that have special skills and experience in areas like marketing/advertising/promotions.

At the convention people are needed to help do things like check people for registration at panels and the entrance to the dealer room and help assist convention staff prepare for panels, assist TFcon guests and other duties as required.

Requirements:
Minimum age of 18
Willing to work a minimum of 8 hours at the Con.
Ability to follow instructions from TFcon staff members.
Please note that volunteers must adhere to any staff rules and maintain professionalism and courtesy when dealing with other members and attendees.

Benefits:
Your admission to the Con is paid for.
You will receive a TFcon volunteer badge.
A nice resume builder (you are helping to run the 2nd largest Transformers convention in the world).
Invites to TFcon staff only events.

Interested? Email us through http://www.tfcon.ca/ and let us know.

TFcon Toronto
11-02-2007, 09:50 AM
We are currently looking for people that live in all areas especially downtown Toronto that make regular trips to comic book and toys stores to help drop off flyers to help promote the convention. If this is something you would be able to do let us know. Thanks!

Protoman
11-03-2007, 03:16 AM
Do you have some kind of .pdf file or jpg we can use to print out, photo copy then put out there. I have so much reach in the toy/comic conventions and collectors here I can get it out in no time.

TFcon Toronto
11-03-2007, 09:13 AM
Do you have some kind of .pdf file or jpg we can use to print out, photo copy then put out there. I have so much reach in the toy/comic conventions and collectors here I can get it out in no time.

We actually print full color post card sized flyers that we use for this. Email us your mailing address and we'll send you some. Thanks!

TFcon Toronto
11-17-2007, 12:56 PM
A huge thanks out to those of you that have already offered to drop off flyers to the shops in your area. We still could use some assistance in these areas:
Toronto
Mississauga
Brampton
Markham
Vaughan
Oshawa
Barrie
Ottawa
Kitchener
Kingston
Brantford
Cambridge
NY state
If you can help us out either post here or send a PM to this account.
Thanks!

Ajnin
01-02-2008, 01:00 AM
Alrighty, I already sent an email a while back but wasn't sure I'd be available for the 'Con, but now I'm sure I will be attending so feel free to put me to work. :p Also I'm pretty much available to do promotional stuff around Montreal and the South Shore.

Paradigm-Shift Prime
01-06-2008, 01:17 AM
I can gladly be of use for stocking downtown Toronto stores with fliers. I am a grad student at U of T, spend a lot of time in the core and can cover stores like Silver Snail, Grey Region, that TF/hobby shoppe on Spadina, etc, and even a couple of key flyering areas of the U of T campus if desired (i.e. the Syd Smith lobby). Emailing my mailing address now.

I'll be too busy searching first for great G1 deals then for parts and junkers I need to volunteer on Con day though, and next year I think I'm going to rent out a table myself.

chisau
06-05-2008, 12:01 AM
is it too late to volunteer for the con?

Aernaroth
09-09-2008, 11:08 PM
We're looking for volunteers to help promote TFcon and Cybertron.ca at the Manitoba Comic-con on October 11th and 12th, 2008, in Winnipeg.

If you're in the area, or already planning on going, and would like to help out, let us know!

chans formers
09-10-2008, 12:13 AM
id be willing to help out too,but only after a few hours in the dealer room searching for treasures.after that ,if needed,im all yours.(id help with security but i dont think they would take too kindly to me bringing ol "louieville " onto the plane!:D)

TFcon Toronto
10-05-2008, 11:25 PM
We're once again looking for additional TFcon volunteers to help prior to and during the convention. Let us know if you're interested. Thanks!

Black Cat
10-05-2008, 11:42 PM
*raises hand* I'm here to help.

Oasis
10-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Oreobot has talked me into coming in a day early, so I volunteer for any and everything. As usual.

TFcon Toronto
10-10-2008, 03:50 PM
*raises hand* I'm here to help.

Oreobot has talked me into coming in a day early, so I volunteer for any and everything. As usual.

I had already assumed both of you would be back again :)
Thanks!

slippy
10-12-2008, 11:29 AM
I just sent an email! I hope you guys still need volunteers for 2009 at the event.

Bruticus82
10-13-2008, 09:28 PM
I'd love to help, but my exam schedule won't let me do it this year. :-(

Oh well, last year of school, so maybe next year. :-)

Quantum
10-25-2008, 03:12 PM
totally interested. Let me know as time comes closer, and if time allows, I'll do whatever I can!

Oreobot
10-27-2008, 11:37 PM
Oasis convinced me to volunteer, so here I am. :)

ElfGirl13
10-31-2008, 02:06 PM
I also volunteer whatever service I might be able to offer. Oasis convinced me to mention her name at the offering (so there we go).

CdnShockwave
11-19-2008, 01:20 AM
I MIGHT be able to pitch in this time. It all depends on if I get accepted to law school and, if accepted, if there's enough time before the May semester starts. So, maybe. I really do want to come! Really!

Super_Megatron
02-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Bump.

Sting Rose
02-20-2009, 04:10 AM
Do you still need volunteers?

Nightscrabbler
02-20-2009, 09:48 AM
Yes.

Zodberg
03-04-2009, 04:19 AM
Posting here because I didn't want to make a new thread.
But the previous years I've been, there have been Convention Programs passed out with registration.

I'm wondering if this year it would be possible to get some of my artwork put into the program - to get people to visit my table. Like a drawing of Prime or whomever. You provide me some blank space on a page and I will fill it to make it look frosty-cool.

optimus scourge
04-21-2009, 10:02 PM
email sent and replied.

Looking forward to this show! :D

See ya soon!

Super_Megatron
05-17-2010, 10:19 AM
With 2 months left until TFcon now is a good time to email the convention if you are interested in volunteering.

Ultra Maverick
05-17-2010, 02:11 PM
Volunteered at the convention for the first time last year and it was a great expereince. Gave me an oppertunity to personally meet tons of people from the boards and everyone I worked with were super easy to get along with.

Quantum
05-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Me too! Volunteered for TFcon last year for the first time, and haven't stopped since. It's an amazing opportunity to be involved in a huge gathering of like-minded people in a great fan-community.

And staff hi-jinx are mucho del funno!

TheLogicalProwl
06-07-2010, 12:28 AM
I'll help out. What needs to be done?

Code of Honor
06-07-2010, 12:58 AM
I'll help out. What needs to be done?

Just go to TFcon.ca and email us.

jrmyolvr
07-13-2010, 06:36 PM
Ive sent my email to volunteer and was wondering if anyone else from Brampton is going to the show to volunteer.

EDIT: Horray Its official, Ill be volunteering at TFCon this year! Ill be there from 12-4 on Saturday and 12-4 on Sunday! *excited*

EDIT 2: Was there Saturday and it was great! Unfortunatly due to unexpected family emergency I couldn't be there Sunday. (Sorry to staff for that), but ill be glad to help out again at future Cons. :)

optimus prime zim
07-19-2010, 01:01 AM
TFCON was so fun can't wait for next year!!!!! :)

Richter
07-19-2010, 01:21 AM
Had a pretty good time as a volunteer, though I only put in 4 hours so I didn't demand my admission back ;)

TMIIWonkoNemises
07-19-2010, 01:52 PM
Despite the time I had to sacrifice in the second autograph session...I had an awesome time being volunteer and will do it again next year.My sister also had a good time.