PDA

View Full Version : My small collection

yuppa
10-29-2012, 10:48 PM
My small collection

Nomad
10-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Hhaahah, I love how MP Prime barely fits without hitting the ceiling.

asanjuan62
10-29-2012, 11:25 PM
I guarantee that your collection will probably double in size in a year...Unless you have amazing will power.

yuppa
10-29-2012, 11:32 PM
Nah.. this is many years of collecting.. I have amazing self restraint, and only pick figures that appeal to me..

a little history.. when I was 12, i had a near complete collection of G1.. then i got in trouble, and for punishment, my parents sold my entire collection. Not only that, but they didn't buy them.. I did yard work, paper route, flyer route, babysitting ect and bought them all myself...

if anything, I *might* attempt to restore my g1 collection, but I'm not liable to spend big bucks to do so. I love searching garage sales and flea markets more then ebay :p

Nomad
10-29-2012, 11:38 PM
Not sure if its still going on, but there used to be a weekly Flea Market out in Rutland, and a friend of mine nabbed a couple of transformers there. When I went it was pretty much all tools, ornaments & MLP, but you might get lucky.

asanjuan62
10-29-2012, 11:42 PM
Nah.. this is many years of collecting.. I have amazing self restraint, and only pick figures that appeal to me..

You are probably a minority on these boards then!! Good on you for having the will power. Me I'm a broke student so my collection size is more to due to a lack of cash flow. I'm trying to concentrate on MP (Hasbro and Takara) and some 3rd party figures like Hercules. None of those come cheap....

asanjuan62
10-29-2012, 11:46 PM
Oh, and my wife is probably an even bigger obstacle than cash...

yuppa
10-29-2012, 11:47 PM
Oh, and my wife is probably an even bigger obstacle than cash...

likewise! Well.. as long as I stick to buying figures with proceeds from games, she doesn't mind.. if I use money from my paycheck, its hell to pay

Nomad
10-29-2012, 11:52 PM
Could always start workin' the streets again for extra cash...

ImNotThePro
10-29-2012, 11:57 PM
Could always start workin' the streets again for extra cash...

Don't take my corner lol

ImNotThePro
10-29-2012, 11:59 PM
Nice collection. My story is similar, used to have all of the Cybertron line. So I basically just started again and my goal is keep it slim and focused. My brother's collecting the FoC line so I don't have to worry about that.

asanjuan62
10-30-2012, 12:00 AM
hmmm... maybe I can convince my wife that I should work Part-time at TRU....Maybe not. My paycheque would probably get recycled there and spend more than I'd make.

Commandoclone87
10-30-2012, 12:04 AM
I'm just the opposite. Growing up, I never had more than a dozen figures at any one time (usually much less)

Maybe that's why my collection is growing at such a rate now. I'm subconsciously compensating for not having all the characters I wanted as a kid.

yuppa
10-30-2012, 12:46 PM
My favorite part of the display is how many mini's i managed to fit with unicron, and using astrotrain in lieue of the actual skylynx top :)

SanMiguel
10-30-2012, 02:43 PM
nice "small" collection give it a year or two...it will certainly grow!!!

Chajee
10-30-2012, 04:14 PM
So true on the growth of the collection. Mine was small and growing very slowly (which was my plan...purchasing whatever came out and if I liked the design). After 1.5 years, collection is getting ridiculous now. Fortunately, I have a wife very supportive. She'll call me when she's out shopping to ask if I have so and so. =)

AeroShake
10-30-2012, 05:00 PM
I like how you used comics as backgrounds, it looks especially good with the "Unicronian" setup. :D

I only started collecting a less than a year ago and it wasn't until a couple months ago that I reached the "Where do I put my figures now?" phase. I''m thinking of storing some in the closets to make room for the newer stuff. :p

yuppa
10-30-2012, 05:26 PM
Well.. I got back into TF around 2006/2007.. this collection is a solid 5+ years in the making, so I doubt it will grow that much.. I think the G1 part will grow the most :p

But my case is already full and cluttered.. I gotta organise it better..

I got the comic background idea from Nomad, thanks! I think it works well :)

Compared to some of the other members collections posted here, I am very humble, mine is not that great, but I am still proud of it.

asanjuan62
10-30-2012, 08:00 PM
But my case is already full and cluttered.. I gotta organise it better..

Time to head back to Ikea or Jysk. Then you'll have another empty shelf to fill.

faustx
10-30-2012, 10:22 PM
Hey all,

Official announcement Thursday but the Collect mode on ShelfLife now gives you all a pretty sweet page to aggregate your collection photos, stats and (soon) social connections.

Check it out and send us feedback...cheers!

James

yuppa
10-31-2012, 12:16 AM
Thanks for the spam/advertisement.. Thing is, I checked out the site and it seemed pretty laggy....

Nomad
10-31-2012, 12:25 AM
Shelflife's pretty cool, and addicting haha.