PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Prime Episode 51 - Regeneration - Discussion

razin
10-26-2012, 10:06 PM
And here we go again!

Google (https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_5s7z10vYneMm9kbzM2bjdnRFU)

Torrent (http://darkprime.gotdns.com:6969/torrents/Transformers%20Prime%20-%2051%20-%20Regeneration.avi.torrent?3BE0754C29AE41AFFFAFD6 6EC837A94FCA2CB229)

Matrix_Holder
10-26-2012, 10:10 PM
Thanks dude, appreciate it.

ARCTrooperAlpha
10-26-2012, 10:18 PM
I would like to take this moment to gloat that I, and many others, have accurately predicted Dreadwing's death and his role in bringing Solus' Forge to the Autobots.

The episode is really well done ! Love the cliffhanger

still hate the phase-shifter.

Bruticus82
10-26-2012, 10:31 PM
Merci Beaucoup!

Bountyan
10-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Dreadwing dying - Incredibly stupid. I found his death pointless. Screw having characters in the show accumulate, let's kill the interesting ones off because hurr grimdark. Dreadwing barely even did anything in the season to begin with! He barely had a "character arc." How many episodes did he actually do something in through the entire season? Like, 5? And in 2 of those he still didn't do a lot. He character development was finally starting to get interesting, but NOPE, dead. The ending to his character just wasn't satisfying. He didn't even avenge his twin, he didn't give any lasting effect on the other characters. It's like his sole purpose of being in the show was just to give the Autobots the Forge. Pathetic.

I'm starting to hate Megatron too. Keep Starscream around despite all the traitorous shit that was showcased in Patch. Let Airachnid be for like 7 episodes before deciding to kill her. Don't kill a SINGLE DAMN AUTOBOT for the entire series the many chances he had. But kill Dreadwing, a loyal soldier, who saved your life twice, ASAP when he does something questionable. Stupid.

Everything else was just ok.

Perceptor
10-26-2012, 10:55 PM
This show is so good...

The ending scene... until those humans showed up in canisters! Argh... stupid humans...
I liked Smokescreen's entrance on Cybertron... kind of like that phaseshifter device effect.
All the autobots using relics and fighting with them was too cool...

Dislikes:
I still really don't get and don't dig how Megs welcomed Starscream back into the fold after remembering all that he'd done...
And just blowing away Dreadwing like that? Don't dig it neither. I am really disappointed how that is handled...

Well I guess Season 2 is not far from over... with beasts arriving... I probably take a break from following this show for a while after Season 2 finale...

trizeo
10-26-2012, 10:56 PM
Ya I didn't like DW dying... He was a cool con! I loved the Autobots getting ready for battle, as for the battle itself I loved it! Smart and no messing around.

And that being said.... That's why I don't like the humans... Shudda saw that coming. OP knew what Megs was gonna say but he was wanting to restore Cybertron right then and there but of coarse.. ruined by the lil' brats!

I didn't realize how tall Smokey was... he's taller than BB and on par with Ratchet...

Perceptor
10-26-2012, 10:58 PM
I didn't realize how tall Smokey was... he's taller than BB and on par with Ratchet...

Unfortunately the toy version of Smokey will be much smaller since it's the same mold as Knock out.

Sokar
10-26-2012, 11:11 PM
Most predictable episode EVAR!

It was a decent enough episode, but all of the plot twists, etc. were really predictable.

Also, there was so much that could have been done with the Dreadwing storyline and they just threw it away.

Either way though, thanks for sharing!

UltraPrimal
10-26-2012, 11:21 PM
I say screw the kids. Keep the keys.

Sokar
10-26-2012, 11:25 PM

It seems Optimus is considering the same idea...

Knockout
10-26-2012, 11:25 PM
Dreadwing's death was cliche, stupid, it makes no sense. It tells me that the writers couldn't figure out how to develop Dread anymore then took the easy way out. Plus...uh, Megatron is an utter fool. Any respect for that guy, GONE. It was walking out the door when he accepted Scream back in without punishment and then took off running when he blew a hole through the most loyal, so much potential character on that ship. I am so pissed off and depressed about it. So rushed and sloppy...and URGH.

though I wonder...is Quake in limbo? Does Dreadwing actually get to rejoin his twin in the Allspark? I...could take some comfort in them being reunited.

I've learned...never to love a Decepticon. (which I'll never actually learn) Hasbro wants the good guys for sales, the bad guys are expendable unless their the head huchos. I hate how he went back to the Nemesis. whhhhhhy.

But hey, he left the cons, refused the autobots...writers are too stupid to figure what else to do with him even though the fandom can see the potential there. Idiocy. I mean this season finale is just...gonna be so rushed.

FEZaid
10-26-2012, 11:28 PM
Like everybody said; Dreadwing didn't need to die. :argh:

Autobotz24
10-27-2012, 12:05 AM

Agreed. As a wise man once said "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few".

Megatron should have just severely injured Dreadwing and had him locked up until the writers could figure out something

shockwave555
10-27-2012, 12:25 AM
I hated when dreadwing died but im also glad because it opens a spot for shockwave

Knockout
10-27-2012, 12:40 AM
Megatrons logic makes my brain explode.

He accepts back Starscream who he admits backslabs, attempts to overthrow lalalalalalaldeda. Doesn't punish him, even gives him back his flight.

And yet, Dreadwing disobeys only his second order, but like was EXTREMELY loyal to Megatron, never once trying to hurt him, overthrow him in anyway...and takes Dreadwing out with his own cannon? I mean, that makes zero sense.

Of course the writers would make Dreadwing do something stupid by going back to the Nemesis to revenge for Quake, couldn't have him take off for awhile trying to find a way to retrieve his brothers body. NO, lets take the easy, predictable way out. Plus Prime should of convinced better. Follow Dreadwing instead of turning away, especially since he knows what happens to traitorous decepticons that aren't Scream.

And the shot was so cheap too. Couldn't die honorably. Just urgh.I just can't. Especially with rumors of Ratchet dying next week. I don't think I can pay attention to this show. There is so much stupid in it.

alternatorfan
10-27-2012, 12:53 AM

ditto good episode

Sokar
10-27-2012, 01:57 AM
Megatrons logic makes my brain explode.

He accepts back Starscream who he admits backslabs, attempts to overthrow lalalalalalaldeda. Doesn't punish him, even gives him back his flight.

And yet, Dreadwing disobeys only his second order, but like was EXTREMELY loyal to Megatron, never once trying to hurt him, overthrow him in anyway...and takes Dreadwing out with his own cannon? I mean, that makes zero sense.

Of course the writers would make Dreadwing do something stupid by going back to the Nemesis to revenge for Quake, couldn't have him take off for awhile trying to find a way to retrieve his brothers body. NO, lets take the easy, predictable way out. Plus Prime should of convinced better. Follow Dreadwing instead of turning away, especially since he knows what happens to traitorous decepticons that aren't Scream.

And the shot was so cheap too. Couldn't die honorably. Just urgh.I just can't. Especially with rumors of Ratchet dying next week. I don't think I can pay attention to this show. There is so much stupid in it.

I think the way that Megatron saw it was that he can break Starscream (at least temporarily) in a task if it best suites Starscreams interests. In Dreadwing's case it's not so simple. It's the fact that Dreadwing had such strong loyalty and conviction that Megatron saw that he was a potential threat that couldn't be handled. Essentially Megatron knew that his vision of the decepticons was one that Dreadwing would not be able to follow, and given that he would actually do something so significant as betray his loyalty to Megatron over his beliefs made Megatron nervous.

He just saw Starscream as the weaker potential threat and decided to eliminate the clearer issue.

All in all I think a lot of it probably doesn't matter because it was probably done more because Tony Todd's contract was up.

ConvoyGTR
10-27-2012, 01:59 AM
Never expected Dreadwing to join the Autobots, because he's too honorable to betray them despite having lost faith in their cause. I was expecting Dreadwing to leave the Deceptions to search for his brother and somehow end up stuck in limbo or whatever, NOT to pointlessly die like that.

I thought this was the smart calculating Megatron that did things with purpose, like last ep where he weighed in all his options before letting Starscream rejoin. That Megatron would of understood Dreadwing wanting to avenge his brother against a backstabbing (thought SS was going to betray again near the end before showing up with the kids) schemer like Starscream is just. And in that situation where one of two was going to die, Dreadwing is clearly the better choice to have around.

EDIT: ^ That makes a whole lot of sense, why Megatron did what he did.

BUUUUT. With that said and understanding this show needs to wrap up everything ASAP so it can begin the Beast Hunter saga, not that annoyed.

I was conditioned to think that the relics were so powerful and special, they were never to be used. So, I was really excited when everyone got their "signature weapon," and owned the Cons like a scene out of the Expendables (haven't seen the new one).

I should of saw the kids not getting picked up to their secure base location was going to end up in this double jeopardy situation. But the episode was so much fun, I'm glad it got me by surprise.

rego00123
10-27-2012, 03:07 AM
not sure why everyone is upset about dreadwing.
he was a "cliche" character from the beginning. it serves it right to end it just as cliched.

starscream always has "his" best interest in mind and that is what motivates him, as long as megatron keeps his best interest "the decpticons agenda" he is less of a risk then dreadwing ever was. dreadwing was loyal to a fault which is what this episode is trying to portray.

all this said: you have to wonder how all these depecticons are always contacting the autobots but never have any clue where there "secret location" is lol

SleeplessKnight
10-27-2012, 04:30 AM
Great episode, in fact, I've loved the last few episodes because the kids weren't in them. The team is pretty much invincible most of the time anyways but it was fun to see them on full on "god mode."

And then the kids showed up and ruined everything. I hate those kids.

down_shift
10-27-2012, 08:08 AM
Thanks buddy!

BoNKerS
10-27-2012, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the upload!

razin
10-27-2012, 11:11 AM
Just finally watched it myself.

Nice battle scenes, 'bots goin all out. Well done.

Dreadwing's death - meh......I liked him but it was more than predictable.

And a good ole G1 nod, "Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost". Gotta wonder how much Prime believes that though, if the cost is the children, could he follow through? Doubt it.

bomoth
10-27-2012, 08:16 PM
megatron's logic is simple guys, EVERYTHING IS FODDER !

megatron only thinks of himself and screw the others, he doesnt give a crap ! he's megatron !

Undrave
10-27-2012, 10:27 PM
Damnit writer! First Breakdown and now Dreadwing! Why do you always kill the Decepticons I like?! Breakdown was the only guy in the ENTIRE show who treats the Vehicons as anything but drones and probably had friends in the rank! I mean we just saw Smokescreen kill a bunch of them with a Weapon of Mass Destruction that was essentially sealed away for being unethical! And now Dreadwing gets offed for disobeying Megatron ONCE?!

Lazy bums! You didn't even have the guts to kill Bulkhead!

But man that fight scene was A-MA-ZING! And then there was that hilarious scene of Starscream and Knock Out working together hahaha!

I hope Jack tells Optimus to save Cybertron. Besides, I bet that if they restore Cybertron the atmosphere won't be toxic anymore.

Knockout
10-28-2012, 05:20 AM
They won't kill the good guys off. Remember. According to Hasbro good characters sell more toys then back characters.

But not only was the writers lazy, stupid. Megatron has lost it or is just as much, not because he chose a bot who will continue to thwart him, but he has no bulk in his line. Not front liners. Breakdown and Dreadwing were all he had and now their gone.

ARCTrooperAlpha
10-28-2012, 12:10 PM
They won't kill the good guys off. Remember. According to Hasbro good characters sell more toys then back characters.

But not only was the writers lazy, stupid. Megatron has lost it or is just as much, not because he chose a bot who will continue to thwart him, but he has no bulk in his line. Not front liners. Breakdown and Dreadwing were all he had and now their gone.

Well put. If anything, either Ratchet or Wheeljack will go save the kids, which in turn will enable the Decepticons to track and attack Autobot Base.

All's said and done, what's going to make Starscream NOT betray Megatron again if the situation called for it ?

not sure why everyone is upset about dreadwing.
he was a "cliche" character from the beginning. it serves it right to end it just as cliched.

starscream always has "his" best interest in mind and that is what motivates him, as long as megatron keeps his best interest "the decpticons agenda" he is less of a risk then dreadwing ever was. dreadwing was loyal to a fault which is what this episode is trying to portray.

all this said: you have to wonder how all these depecticons are always contacting the autobots but never have any clue where there "secret location" is lol

True. I really don't get the buzz on Dreadwing; the guy is not honorable in any way. Though his loyalty was fun to watch.

DREADWING IS NOT DINOBOT !!!!!!!!! (YOU ALL HEAR ?)

And yea, it's really a wonder how the Decepticons don't know where the Autobot base is after all this time.

Undrave
10-28-2012, 01:19 PM

He does still have Insecticons that SOMETIME can act as front liner. But still Dreadwing took on Optimus Prime before, that's nothing to scoff at.

Why he didn't take any Insecticon to Cybertron is anyone's guess.

Nightscrabbler
10-28-2012, 09:59 PM
The thing is, whether it's kids or some other humans, Prime can't just let them die. On the other hand, you can't simply give in to demands in every hostage situation or that tactic will be exploited by all your enemies. If Megatron isn't above such methods, then he could have gotten his way any time he wanted. Just round up some humans and threaten them, game over. The greater good would be to end the war even if there are a few human casualties. Hopefully this will be more interesting than a fancy rescue, but I doubt it.

As for Dreadwing, I agree he shouldn't have died the way he did. I also agree it's better to expand the Transformers universe by keeping characters alive. Anyway, I liked the episode overall.

Nomad
10-29-2012, 02:14 AM
Agreed. As a wise man once said "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few".

Megatron should have just severely injured Dreadwing and had him locked up until the writers could figure out something
Don't worry. I'm sure Knockout has Dreadwing's head floating in a jar or something, right along with that of Breakdown & Cliffjumper.

wervenom
10-29-2012, 08:32 AM
I liked the episode don't really have much to offer in way of critiscism, but I was disapointeds with Dreadwing dying but based on irony. I finally found a Dreadwing in Walmart, bought it, came home and watched the espisode and he gets shot in the back. Go figure! Anyhow, my belief for why he was slain, he simply refused to obey, once Megatron told him to stand down he stated he could not obey, would not obey and Megs wont put up with out right defiance.

Prowl_2009
10-29-2012, 11:36 AM
Poor Dreadwing! :( Other than that, another good episode!