PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Prime Episode 50 - Patch -Discussion

razin
10-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Da Google (https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_5s7z10vYneOHpOcERaVE9ZRXM) link

La Torrent (http://darkprime.gotdns.com:6969/torrents/Transformers%20Prime%20-%2050%20-%20Patch.avi.torrent?2149B34C9CCA5F8429D1DFCB63D58 728F8A674F9) link

Sideswipe
10-19-2012, 09:08 PM
It's that time again already?

Yay!

shockwave555
10-19-2012, 09:16 PM
thanks for posting good episode nice starscream moments my questions are 1 whats with dready at the end whats up with the spaz 2 why do they all breather isnt it established they dont breathe

UltraPrimal
10-19-2012, 09:23 PM
:rofl: That pelvic grind Starscream did during his "All Hail Starscream" ego stroke. Magnificent! :primelaugh:

BoNKerS
10-19-2012, 09:44 PM
Thanks for posting... Starscream and Knockout toooo goood!!!

Nightscrabbler
10-19-2012, 10:12 PM
For a flashback episode, this was really good.

someguy99
10-19-2012, 10:12 PM
Thanks for posting... Starscream and Knockout toooo goood!!!

I'm trying figure why Megatron would want to keep Starscream, and Knockout around?

Maybe he realizes a Decepticon is a Decepticon, and if he gets rids of these backstabbers, their replacements will just be another set of backstabbers.
Keep your friends close, your enemies closer?
Go with the devils you know?

Dragon Knight
10-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Man…prime really knows how to make recap episodes entertaining.

Sokar
10-19-2012, 10:24 PM
That makes sense. Starscream is treacherous, but as Megatron said, the decepticon ranks have fallen apart since he left. Perhaps he sees that if there is one who is clearly the most ambitious, then the others will basically wait until that one is gone before starting their own coup. In this case, Starscream is the alpha traitor, so until he is gone, then there won't be any other traitors trying to take his place.

I was really impressed with the way Megatron was developed in this episode actually. This series has really taken Megatron past the sort of one dimensional leader that he is sometimes portrayed as. I loved animated, but this Megatron is far more of a leader and perhaps less of a stereotypical villain. Granted, he still does many evil things, but he actually seems to consider what he is doing as if it might have consequences.

Also, anyone else figure that we'll see Dreadwing change sides in the next few episodes? I didn't notice him in the decepticon ranks in any of the beast hunter stuff, and he has been suggested throughout the season as the potential decepticon to actually side with Prime. He seems very much like Dinobot in a lot of ways, and they certainly seem to have given him reason to break from the decepticons now, so ...

Either that will happen I think, or they have run out Tony Todd's contract (he's the VA for Dreadwing right?), and they will be killing him off shortly.

Autobotz24
10-19-2012, 10:58 PM
A very awkward episode. Loved it. I think Dreadwing will go off on his own to find his twin and destroy anyone in his way

Kiwifruit
10-20-2012, 12:07 AM
That makes sense. Starscream is treacherous, but as Megatron said, the decepticon ranks have fallen apart since he left. Perhaps he sees that if there is one who is clearly the most ambitious, then the others will basically wait until that one is gone before starting their own coup. In this case, Starscream is the alpha traitor, so until he is gone, then there won't be any other traitors trying to take his place.

I was really impressed with the way Megatron was developed in this episode actually. This series has really taken Megatron past the sort of one dimensional leader that he is sometimes portrayed as. I loved animated, but this Megatron is far more of a leader and perhaps less of a stereotypical villain. Granted, he still does many evil things, but he actually seems to consider what he is doing as if it might have consequences.

Also, anyone else figure that we'll see Dreadwing change sides in the next few episodes? I didn't notice him in the decepticon ranks in any of the beast hunter stuff, and he has been suggested throughout the season as the potential decepticon to actually side with Prime. He seems very much like Dinobot in a lot of ways, and they certainly seem to have given him reason to break from the decepticons now, so ...

Either that will happen I think, or they have run out Tony Todd's contract (he's the VA for Dreadwing right?), and they will be killing him off shortly.

Yeah, I can definitely see Dreadwing defecting at some point, but for some reason I don't see him surviving that long after he does.

I think your views on Megatron are pretty apt too. He's very much a leader rather than just the show's generic major antagonist. Though I can't help but feel that killing Starscream this episode would have perhaps been more in line with his character, which of course this show won't do due to his popularity.

Kujo1597
10-20-2012, 12:46 AM
thanks for posting good episode nice starscream moments my questions are 1 whats with dready at the end whats up with the spaz 2 why do they all breather isnt it established they dont breathe

1) He just found that his brother is a zombie in an alternate dimension and his "honourable and great Lord Megatron" wants to keep it a secret and was largely unphased by the news.

2) It's probably so the viewer knows that they are still alive. Much like how in cop shows they go to where the "bad guy" is with their sirens blairing. It's stupid but is likely that way so the viewer know what they're doing.

Plus, you also see Starscream's leg twitching, I get the feeling that the Corinary Psychic Patch causes them to go into a dreamlike state. They were having animated conversations in there.

Anyway, I usually hate clip shows but I really enjoyed this episode. I watched it a second time because I missed some stuff during the livestream. I get the feeling that Dreadwing's gonna help out the Autobots in a big way. ;)

ConvoyGTR
10-20-2012, 03:13 AM
I always skip the previews or any spoilers so I was a tiny bit taken back that this was going to be a clip show. But man, what a great episode clip show or not.

Was always kinda miffed whenever Megatron let Starscream rejoin the ranks after his betrayals in any past TF series, and just loved that this episode covers the question: "Why should I let you rejoin our ranks?"

Also, loved that this show remembered the little moments of Knockout's betrayal conversation with Starscream and Skyquake's ultimate fate for Dreadwing to see. I think some shows would of forgotten or wouldn't of bothered with small details like that.

bomoth
10-20-2012, 04:52 PM
all decepticons are treacherous. they're like the siths in star wars

Undrave
10-20-2012, 09:24 PM
Two clip sow in one season is a bit harsh... but this was good. Not sure Starscream made his case that much, and I want to know if he'll get repaired or not.

ARCTrooperAlpha
10-20-2012, 11:49 PM

So far, there's been only two real backstabbers and an opportunist. That's hardly cause for massive infighting, considering the vehicons and insecticons are more than willing to listen to Megatron.

I'm trying figure why Megatron would want to keep Starscream, and Knockout around?

Maybe he realizes a Decepticon is a Decepticon, and if he gets rids of these backstabbers, their replacements will just be another set of backstabbers.
Keep your friends close, your enemies closer?
Go with the devils you know?

Not so, Dreadwing and Soundwave so far hasn't betrayed Megatron. The whole backstabber issue is kinda forced, considering there are only two real backstabbers and one opportunist.

I think your views on Megatron are pretty apt too. He's very much a leader rather than just the show's generic major antagonist. Though I can't help but feel that killing Starscream this episode would have perhaps been more in line with his character, which of course this show won't do due to his popularity.

You sure Megatron can't just partially lobotomize Starscream like what happened in Transformers Regeneration One ? Cept Scream is the same as before, but his body is under Megatron's control ?

1) He just found that his brother is a zombie in an alternate dimension and his "honourable and great Lord Megatron" wants to keep it a secret and was largely unphased by the news.

Anyway, I usually hate clip shows but I really enjoyed this episode. I watched it a second time because I missed some stuff during the livestream. I get the feeling that Dreadwing's gonna help out the Autobots in a big way. ;)

But shouldn't Dreadwing be pissed at Bumblebee the most, considering it was he who ripped out Skyquake's guts out and sent him crashing to the ground ?

all decepticons are treacherous. they're like the siths in star wars

Be specific; for me, the Decepticons are more like the Ancient Sith from the KOTOR era and the Darth Bane era.

Knockout
10-21-2012, 12:58 AM
Poor Dreadwing. D:

But shouldn't Dreadwing be pissed at Bumblebee the most, considering it was he who ripped out Skyquake's guts out and sent him crashing to the ground ?

I think Dreadwing would understand that they are at war and though it'd hurt him to join sides with the Autobots because of Quake, he'd understand that stuff happens within war, including death. I think he's more mad at Scream. I honestly hope he doesn't do something stupid. But something tells me the writers would totally do something cliche like that.

Undrave
10-21-2012, 01:07 AM
Poor Dreadwing. D:

I think Dreadwing would understand that they are at war and though it'd hurt him to join sides with the Autobots because of Quake, he'd understand that stuff happens within war, including death. I think he's more mad at Scream. I honestly hope he doesn't do something stupid. But something tells me the writers would totally do something cliche like that.

Yeah, I think Dreadwing would understand that Bumblebee bested Skyquake in honorable combat, and that is the way war goes (then again he did show up to avenge his brother so it's kind of a crapshoot). I think he would be more mad at Starscream and Soundwave standing on the sideline not helping Skyquake, and then Starscream going and disecrating his brother's corpse (something Megatron didn't find disturbing at all!).

He'll problem feel like he has no place to go. Maybe he need a human partner to send him in the right track. Maybe get that floosy Sierra Jack fancies, and who has an animation model wasting away somewhere. :p

Matrix_Holder
10-21-2012, 01:07 AM
Some good scenes but they could have done it without it being another clip show...a little disappointed with that...it could have been an amazing story driven episode...oh well, there is always next week.

Sokar
10-21-2012, 01:10 AM
So far, there's been only two real backstabbers and an opportunist. That's hardly cause for massive infighting, considering the vehicons and insecticons are more than willing to listen to Megatron.

I don't think it's the number of traitors so much as who they are that is the important thing here.

Vehicons are obviously disposable to Megatron, and the insecticons are likely seen in basically the same light.

In addition to Airachnid, Starscream, and Knockout acting against Megatron's will, he also seems to know that he had a fragile hold over Dreadwing's loyalty. As such, that really only left Soundwave and Breakdown as potentially loyal troops that were more than just cannon fodder, and as far as we know, Breakdown is completely unrecoverable after what Airarchnid and Mech did to him.

Knockout
10-21-2012, 01:29 AM
Yeah, I think Dreadwing would understand that Bumblebee bested Skyquake in honorable combat, and that is the way war goes (then again he did show up to avenge his brother so it's kind of a crapshoot). I think he would be more mad at Starscream and Soundwave standing on the sideline not helping Skyquake, and then Starscream going and disecrating his brother's corpse (something Megatron didn't find disturbing at all!).

He'll problem feel like he has no place to go. Maybe he need a human partner to send him in the right track. Maybe get that floosy Sierra Jack fancies, and who has an animation model wasting away somewhere. :p

Well what has me worried is he is the only con who doesnt have a S3 toy or a spot in the S3 previews. He's absent. That makes me anxious for these next 2 eps.

Undrave
10-21-2012, 01:47 AM
I hope they don't kill Dreadwing.

Silas (Cylas?) might have been an abomination incapable of killing a kid but he still seemed fairly loyal, Megatron was a bit foolish to just...well kill him I guess (we haven't seen ANYTHING come out of that! Kinda like Synth En...damn you writers!). Plus he's eventually going to conquer non-transformers life form and if he can't get over his disgust of other species it's gonna be a pain to keep control over them. Giving the humans the impression they can get somewhere in the Decepticon Empire and can get benefit from joining up would rprobably go a long way toward keeping some trouble at bay.