PDA

View Full Version : QC Issues for Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime

razin
10-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Anyone else have any issues? I have one rather annoying one. See pics

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/razin7x/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20BRANDON-HP/DSC_0128.jpg

The right arm, where circled should be the opposite of the left arm. This is what allows the lower arm to compress flush to the upper arm for alt mode.

As you can see in the following pic, the arm does not fully compress
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/razin7x/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20BRANDON-HP/DSC_0129.jpg

As we know, it should look like this
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/razin7x/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20BRANDON-HP/DSC_0130.jpg

Yes, it's not the end of the world, but it still irritates me to no end. I can still transform to alt mode, and the front all clips together, but because of its slight offset it potentially will cause excess stress where the bumper and lights clip in. Anyone else have any issues? Or perhaps the same issue but opposite and want to trade parts?

Bruticus82
10-15-2012, 10:25 PM
Is that issue visible in robot mode? Just wondering if I should look out for it if/when I find a prime.

Hellboy
10-15-2012, 10:25 PM
Mine appears to be fine.

razin
10-15-2012, 10:29 PM
Is that issue visible in robot mode? Just wondering if I should look out for it if/when I find a prime.

Nope. Robot mode is fine, since his arm is supposed to be extended. You won't know until you actually try to compress it.

Matrix_Holder
10-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Mine has stress marks out if package at the pin joints in the fingers on both hands... bought an extra just in case.
I've seen this issue on most of the primes I've seen. You can see them in package so look out before you buy.

rego00123
10-15-2012, 10:32 PM
mines fine. however i had a host of other smaller issues, all minor annoyances but totally fixable.

the only real issue i have still is the back pack not closing all the way with the gun inside. im really not sure what the deal is with it. everything i have tried to fix it results in no change.

razin
10-15-2012, 10:33 PM
Mine has stress marks out if package at the pin joints in the fingers on both hands... bought an extra just in case.

Although mines fingers don't have stress marks, they do fall off way too easily. I'm afraid I will lose them.

Grimlock4Prime
10-15-2012, 10:37 PM
The closest thing I have to a problem is that the gun compartment stay opens a millimeter or so when the gun is in there. It doesn't bother me though.

Now that I think about it, the ankles seem a bit loose but it can still stand and hold poses.

Hellboy
10-15-2012, 11:07 PM
The ankles are much looser than I'd like. A stand like Thundercracker's would have helped easy the worry of him toppling one day. The chest compartment on mine doesn't close tight enough for my liking either but I can live with it. I've had one finger pop off and the hinge looks very fragile. I wouldn't want to pop a knuckle too often for fear of it breaking completely. He also doesn't hold his gun to tightly (that's what made me pop the knuckle).
My gun fits in the back compartment nicely although the gun is tricky to lock in folded position.

None of this is overly concerning for me as I favour his bot mode and don't plan on transforming him into vehicle mode again. The trailer is still in the box... it fails to excite me. I'm still very pleased to have found him and on sale to boot.

razin
10-15-2012, 11:25 PM
I think I make take a circular file and try to bore out the needed depression.

brr-icy
10-16-2012, 10:43 AM
all these issues make me happier i spent the extra money on the takara version

joshimus
10-16-2012, 10:56 AM
I must have lucked out cause mine seems fine. Fingers a good, no stress marks, backpack closes with gun no problems...Well I guess the only issue I have is his legs have to be really pushed together to lock into place for vehicle mode, but it does work with a bit of patience. Had no issue attaching the trailer to his legs soooo...yeah. I dunno. My Prid Rumble had one wheel that came broken at the clip. Had to fix it.
Considering Takara is no better with QC issues, I wouldn't get too crazy about which MP would be better.
My AM Prime Megatron has loose legs and his bat sycthe weapon has stress marks from attaching the neck to the body.

shabooya
10-16-2012, 11:32 AM
Although mines fingers don't have stress marks, they do fall off way too easily. I'm afraid I will lose them.

Me too.
The two Index fingers.

UltraMarknus
10-16-2012, 12:48 PM
Too bad about QC issues. Try to not let them take away too much from enjoying this awesome toy!

Out of curiosity, how much is this retailing for? I love my Takara but may pick up a second to display in box and save for my son.

Matrix_Holder
10-16-2012, 01:12 PM
I still love this Prime. He is awesome, the best prime ever made by hasbro! I still cannot put him down...oh wait what's this taking my time away from prime??? something is stealing the spotlight...

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=16139&d=1350406288

Oh Giant, only you could steal my eyes, lol.

DamonL
10-16-2012, 02:56 PM
I don't have the hasbro version..but I have heard that the chest compartment doesn't close perfectly and does not line up?

jjwankenobi
10-16-2012, 03:03 PM
I don't have the hasbro version..but I have heard that the chest compartment doesn't close perfectly and does not line up?

I've never noticed it before but that seems to be the case with mine.

Damn, sometimes ignorance is bliss.

Paco Grande
10-16-2012, 10:50 PM
I found on mine that the chest compartment was having issues closing all the way, but if I press on the black piece that goes over the matrix (under the chrome bumper part) pretty hard it will click into place and then the chest can close properly. The problem with that is that after I click the black part it becomes very difficult to open it again.

I also noticed that the matrix is not symetrical. The blue crystal part is larger on one side. I also tried flipping the matrix around at the same time so that may be what fixed it. Perhaps the matrix will only go in properly one way? And if it's not that way the chest won't close all the way?

I also have loose ankles and fingers that tend to pop off. The backpack won't close all the way with the gun in it. And I may have the arm issue talked about at the start of this thread because I'm finding it really hard to line the right arm up in truck mode. There's a small gap visable above the arm. I'll look more closely next time I transform him.

Having said all that I still think he's awesome. And for those of you that have not looked at the trailer, I think it's really sweet. There are a few gimmicks in the trailer and roller that I thought were awesome. Like roller being able to "transform" a little bit and hold the rifle or pull the trailer. And I thought the way the ramp deploys was a nice touch.

rego00123
10-16-2012, 11:37 PM
the matrix is designed to go in with the larger opening to the back. this is why there is a hollow in the chamber where the jewel sits. for many people having the chest doors not closing doing this solves almost all of the issues for them.

it doesn't help he is packaged with it the opposite way around, that it WILL fit in both ways and there is no mention of it in the instructions...i can see why people do not notice this tiny detail.

I found on mine that the chest compartment was having issues closing all the way, but if I press on the black piece that goes over the matrix (under the chrome bumper part) pretty hard it will click into place and then the chest can close properly. The problem with that is that after I click the black part it becomes very difficult to open it again.

I also noticed that the matrix is not symetrical. The blue crystal part is larger on one side. I also tried flipping the matrix around at the same time so that may be what fixed it. Perhaps the matrix will only go in properly one way? And if it's not that way the chest won't close all the way?

I also have loose ankles and fingers that tend to pop off. The backpack won't close all the way with the gun in it. And I may have the arm issue talked about at the start of this thread because I'm finding it really hard to line the right arm up in truck mode. There's a small gap visable above the arm. I'll look more closely next time I transform him.

Having said all that I still think he's awesome. And for those of you that have not looked at the trailer, I think it's really sweet. There are a few gimmicks in the trailer and roller that I thought were awesome. Like roller being able to "transform" a little bit and hold the rifle or pull the trailer. And I thought the way the ramp deploys was a nice touch.

wedge1021
10-17-2012, 12:05 AM
And for those of you that have not looked at the trailer, I think it's really sweet. There are a few gimmicks in the trailer and roller that I thought were awesome. Like roller being able to "transform" a little bit and hold the rifle or pull the trailer. And I thought the way the ramp deploys was a nice touch.

One thing about the interior of the trailer that a buddy of mine pointed out to me is the lack of paint apps / sticker-type details. He showed me a Reprolabels set for this which looks really nice and makes the trailer a much nicer accessory in my opinion. When I finally get a couple free hours to myself I'll break him out of his plastic prison and see if I want to order that Reprolabels set.

brr-icy
10-17-2012, 12:28 AM
the matrix is designed to go in with the larger opening to the back. this is why there is a hollow in the chamber where the jewel sits. for many people having the chest doors not closing doing this solves almost all of the issues for them.

it doesn't help he is packaged with it the opposite way around, that it WILL fit in both ways and there is no mention of it in the instructions...i can see why people do not notice this tiny detail.

the larger opening is supposed to go forward, it fits perfectly in the takara version that way, and is also packaged that way in it and in all takara stock photography (hasbro may not be able to photograph their stuff, but takara seems to do just fine in that aspect)

joshimus
10-17-2012, 01:44 AM
I still love this Prime. He is awesome, the best prime ever made by hasbro! I still cannot put him down...oh wait what's this taking my time away from prime??? something is stealing the spotlight...

I don't blame ya. Both Green Giant and MP Prime are pretty amazing figures. Green Giant blows my mind. LOVE IT!

ChaosTheory
10-17-2012, 03:27 AM

Can you post a side-by-side with this Devastator and MP-10!? Cheers!

Matrix_Holder
10-17-2012, 04:47 AM
Here ya go.

http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/attachment.php?attachmentid=16154&stc=1&d=1350463627

justprime
10-17-2012, 06:53 AM
The first run from Tomy/takara had qc issues the 2nd release most if not all of these have been repaired lets hope hasbro is smart enough to do the same , being that tomys version was out well over a year(long enough for tomy to fix the complaints) you would have thought that Hasbro would have picked up on the first generations faults and corrected it before a NA release I find Hasbros ever growing lack of Qc and now a use of what seems to be cheaper grade/thinner plastics, smaller product/higher price somewhat of a concern and a reason I am now selective when it comes to purchasing Hasbro products,.. seems they are loosing the magic

wervenom
10-17-2012, 08:47 AM
Beyond the "ankles" being a little looser than I would like I haven't noticed anyting wrong with the one I purchased

shockwave555
10-17-2012, 09:32 AM
at the legs where the 2 tabs put his legs together they keep clicking out has anyone else had this problem is there a way to fix it or should i return it?:confused:

down_shift
10-17-2012, 09:33 AM
Are you putting the trailer tab up?

shockwave555
10-17-2012, 10:08 AM
Yes i got every thing correctly but what pegs the leg together wodnt keep pegd

SleeplessKnight
10-17-2012, 10:10 AM
I had that problem initially as well and I believe even Vangelus pointed out that problem in his review of the Takara version.

However after playing around with it for a while, I realized there was a THIRD TAB at his feet.

His feet slide inwards and connect together in truck mode and after I got that third tab pegged in, the legs stopped popping apart.

If that still doesn't work, plugging in the trailer should do the trick nicely.

shockwave555
10-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Yeah but i diplay the trailer opened so do all of them have it because my foot peg ALSO doesby hold.......fermemdndjdbxhx

joshimus
10-17-2012, 11:43 AM
In truck mode the two chest parts don't fully align so I guess I have that QC issue then but my MP1 has the same problem so I can't yell "blame Hasbro" when Takara is no better.
You can actually see the robot mode chest don't line up either on MP1 (takara's) so MP10 having the same...oh well.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m297/ejosh1/RobotinDisguise.jpg

Sabreweasel
10-17-2012, 11:44 AM
From what I have read on other sites that is a common problem with the MP Prime.

Others include weak fingers that pop off.
Chest piece that doesn't line up properly when closed.
Gun holder back piece not staying closed properly.
Screws that chip/scratch the chrome when transforming.
Paint that gets scratched when folding the arms in.

Also, if it helps, mine shares the same problem. But taking it back is not an option. No way I want to go on the hunt again.

Cheers
Sabre.

rego00123
10-17-2012, 06:17 PM
the larger opening is supposed to go forward, it fits perfectly in the takara version that way, and is also packaged that way in it and in all takara stock photography (hasbro may not be able to photograph their stuff, but takara seems to do just fine in that aspect)

the takara version doesn't have the window tab screws scratching problem exacerbating the issue. its not that it "wont" fit" if you try to put it in that way. it is that the end of the actual matrix with the large opening sticks out further and will hit the interior wall of the matrix cover when closed. turning it around allow it to have the ever so slightly space with the hasbro product to help reduce the chrome rub and the gap between the two chest halves when the tab on the fake grill is pushed inwards

The first run from Tomy/takara had qc issues the 2nd release most if not all of these have been repaired lets hope hasbro is smart enough to do the same , being that tomys version was out well over a year(long enough for tomy to fix the complaints) you would have thought that Hasbro would have picked up on the first generations faults and corrected it before a NA release I find Hasbros ever growing lack of Qc and now a use of what seems to be cheaper grade/thinner plastics, smaller product/higher price somewhat of a concern and a reason I am now selective when it comes to purchasing Hasbro products,.. seems they are loosing the magic

eh, prime feels the same between the two versions as far as plastic quality and build. the mold itself is just heavily reliant on pins, which when set just a tiny fraction of a degree off can ruin any intended "look" or function it was engineered to have. the first run of the TT had these issues AS WELL as a host of others that this release doesn't have.

hasbro did good on this release regardless of the minor issues it has. the only non shared problems it doesn't have in common with the TT are screws scratching chrome and gun holding backpacks not closing all the way with gun inserted.

Darth Cylon
10-17-2012, 07:00 PM
Looks like the left arm parts were used on the right arm too?

Mine seems fine. I find the knee joint parts to be a bit loose and due to the way his right legs are packaged, it was quite awkward at first. But overall the figure is fine.

I still haven't opened the trailer.

Batman
10-18-2012, 08:33 AM
Every Prime has this problem, and is one of the very few design flaws this toy has.

Would it be nice if it pegged together tighter? Sure, but it is more of a nitpick than anything. If you clip the trailer on it holds it tight, and even if they are unpegged the space is like 1-2mm.

Batman
10-18-2012, 08:37 AM
Anyone else have any issues? I have one rather annoying one. See pics

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/razin7x/Photobucket%20Desktop%20-%20BRANDON-HP/DSC_0128.jpg

Stuff like this really gets on my nerves. I've had a Buster Prime with two left feet and a DMK Prime Model kit with two of the same Fender pieces.

I'd just take it back if you can and hope to find another at some point.

joshimus
10-18-2012, 09:17 AM
It's very annoying especially when it is something you can't just return to a store to get a new hopefully proper one.

canprime
10-18-2012, 09:24 AM
Every Prime has this problem, and is one of the very few design flaws this toy has.

Would it be nice if it pegged together tighter? Sure, but it is more of a nitpick than anything. If you clip the trailer on it holds it tight, and even if they are unpegged the space is like 1-2mm.

This sums up my opinion perfectly

brr-icy
10-18-2012, 10:50 AM

the takara one is the same as well, you can massage them to stay, but it's not a secure fit then either, the trailer holds it well enough

Autobotz24
10-18-2012, 11:52 AM
Only issue I had was his right index finger popped off easily when I opened up his hand. Haven't transformed him yet though so we will see what else he may have wrong with him

rego00123
10-18-2012, 06:21 PM
the takara one is the same as well, you can massage them to stay, but it's not a secure fit then either, the trailer holds it well enough

are we talking legs pegging together? because i have never had the issue on either version of the toy...

i find the problem in most cases watching people try to transform him is not understanding where and how to move the pieces in relation to one another more then anything. they just think its a simple case of peg and go. the tolerances are so exact on getting them to peg properly can be a a pain to learn.

....ive never had the issue and they have always held strong as long as i have made sure to have the legs in the proper places, maybe ive just gotten two exceptional primes :confused:

http://i49.tinypic.com/2wnwahc.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/vra8vs.jpg

The Great Scrotum
10-18-2012, 09:15 PM
I swear, these 5 year old sweat shop workers better get their shit together! :innocent:

Valfar
10-19-2012, 11:32 AM
My MP Prime is a-ok other then suffering from a wee bit loose ankles. I'd be careful when Transforming Thundercracker..seems his headsculpt might be rubbing during transformation and i actually got a small paint rub off on one top corner of the head, since this guy has a bigger sculpt and its painted to boot unlike the older Seeker MP heads.

Paradigm-Shift Prime
10-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Only issue I had was his right index finger popped off easily when I opened up his hand.=

Mine has this exact issue. Go to touch/move the right index finger and it is off.

I also don't like how loose a few moving connection areas are, especially in his feet/ankles, which makes keeping him safely standing fairly difficult even though he is far better proportioned weight-wise than the original MP Optimus.

Edit:
After reading more other posts, I can agree/verify from my end on a few smaller issues, and really do want to emphasize that how loose his ankles are is really a killer (including potentially for the figure) downside because it really does make him barely even able to stand up.

-legs/feet don't fasten/stay together well in alt mode
-window doors don't quite close full enough-tends to make them uneven
-little bitty chips of paint are coming off VERY easily in transformation
-plastic quality is INSANELY CHEAP FEELING it feels so thin and is almost translucent -this is also going to lead to lots of breaks and snaps, which combined with his wobbly fally tendencies, is not a good situation
-trailer is cheap and bare bones

Really, it's hard to honestly rate this figure any more than an 8/10 even though his general feel is 'awesome', the quality is down down down...

Valfar
10-19-2012, 02:12 PM
I am mostly scared about MP10 taking a shelf dive and those thin antennae end up cracking off.

sikkbones
10-19-2012, 03:02 PM
yeah, i have completely lost intrest in getting this figure...

MechanovaKing
10-20-2012, 01:06 AM
16178I'm having some real trouble with O.Prime here.

I need to push that black bit/grill/bumper down so the windows can close but I'm getting resistance just as it get to it's resting place.

Should that one piece be perfectly level?

Should i just push harder? Was it like that for anyone else?
Or should i be returning him or cracking him open?

Dark Rage
10-20-2012, 01:18 AM
Threads merged. Please stick to this one, thanks.

brr-icy
10-20-2012, 06:11 AM
I am mostly scared about MP10 taking a shelf dive and those thin antennae end up cracking off.

mine took a 6 foot dive at christmas and came out unscathed (not the hasbro version mind you) from the ankles too though

razin
10-20-2012, 08:24 AM
16178I'm having some real trouble with O.Prime here.

I need to push that black bit/grill/bumper down so the windows can close but I'm getting resistance just as it get to it's resting place.

Should that one piece be perfectly level?

Should i just push harder? Was it like that for anyone else?
Or should i be returning him or cracking him open?

Try opening the matrix chamber. So both the Chrome fender and black cover are facing down (leaving the matrix exposed). Should slide into place better.

razin
10-20-2012, 08:27 AM
So, back to my original post, I fixed my issue. Just used an exacto and shaved off the corner. Completely safe, issue resolved!

BoNKerS
10-23-2012, 09:21 PM

If it's due to the issues you see on here that's unfortunate. I have one and it's fantastic.
Apologies, but luckily I haven't had any of the issues being called out on here.

I love having it beside good ole MP-01.

brr-icy
10-23-2012, 09:31 PM

best has/tak figure of the last two years bar none.

Batman
10-23-2012, 09:53 PM
I find the Hasbro version much looser than my Takara one and the yellow lights on his chest all have the paint chipped off of them.

Hellboy
10-23-2012, 10:33 PM
Even with the issues I've mentioned on my MP-10 I'm pleased as punch to have him. It's still an awesome figure.

Icetron
10-26-2012, 04:25 PM
Okay so I finally got my Prime, not sure if I'll transform him but before I do I just want to know if the instructions are decent enough? I usually don't read instructions but I spent too much stressing for this figure to risk anything. (I didn't read the instructions for transforming WM MP Starscream the two times I did it)

Ozrein
10-26-2012, 04:52 PM
Okay so I finally got my Prime, not sure if I'll transform him but before I do I just want to know if the instructions are decent enough? I usually don't read instructions but I spent too much stressing for this figure to risk anything. (I didn't read the instructions for transforming WM MP Starscream the two times I did it)

He's actually fairly straight forward, specially if you have TFd MP01 before since the transformations are quite similar. Anyway I TFd MP OP the first time without instructions and it went just fine, then again I had seen a Youtube review of MP10 about a month or two ago.

Cpl. Chrissandwich
10-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Ive got the legs issue some people mentioned. Wont stay pegged, and one of the fuels tanks doesnt peg all the way either. When I try to peg it, the legs come apart...any tips?

brr-icy
10-26-2012, 10:30 PM
push the leg in a bit more, it does hook nicely if you get it right

spider ham
10-30-2012, 07:42 PM
sooo somehow my prime is missing both index fingers...right out of the box. any ideas?

rego00123
10-30-2012, 10:55 PM
sooo somehow my prime is missing both index fingers...right out of the box. any ideas?

erm...shake the box and listen for rattles?

spider ham
11-02-2012, 11:49 PM
...and now the leg is stuck in its collapsed/transformed state. I literally cannot get it to move. This guy is def the lemon of the bunch

joshimus
11-19-2012, 11:46 PM
So far mine seems pretty good, nothing missing, no stress marks, nadda...so far.

http://bit.ly/RBEnUV (http://www.shelflifex.com/user_banners/joshimus)

steamwhistle
12-15-2012, 01:12 AM
Just something amusing I noticed on the MP OP instructions...
Not really QC, but didn't want to start a new thread.

But, this just classifies 4-year-olds as null...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A9fpo0TCMAAvFZC.jpg

laffy
02-11-2013, 02:13 PM
I cant take it any more .... learn to transform grow up and thank god we have mp10......

Matrix_Holder
02-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Dude. If you don't like when people vent frustrations about defective products then don't read these threads... its that simple. That is the whole point of this thread because there are real issues with quality control.

Bnz Toy
02-11-2013, 03:07 PM
That's unlucky. Mine has no issues whatsoever. Even the windows on the cab close proper and evenly in alt mode.

laffy
02-11-2013, 04:13 PM
yep mine too in great shape i rather have a finger come off the old time than have a molded one that can move....

down_shift
02-11-2013, 10:39 PM
Mine is missing the instructions!

I cant take it any more .... learn to transform grow up and thank god we have mp10......

Learn to use an ellipsis and we'll talk.

steamwhistle
03-12-2013, 11:48 AM
Mine is missing the instructions!

Have you deconstructed the entire box? The instruction sheet I had - and I think many others' - was well-hidden.

CanBot
12-20-2014, 06:19 PM
So I've decided to dig up this old chestnut, as I've opened my asia release MP-10 the other day and have had some issues. This is taken from my other thread, so I apologize for the redundancy:

On the windows not closing properly with the Matrix inside the compartment:
Ok, so after doing some research (right on this site, in fact!) I learned that the Matrix has something to do with it. It ships in the 'wrong' direction, and if you just try to close the doors, it won't. So I pulled it right out to see how good it gets, and it closes enough to my tastes (although a nice 'click' would have been preferable). I even managed to get the Matrix in there looking quite similar, but I have to press pretty hard, compressing the whole front and back torso together.

If I nudge it and the grill (his 'abs') get a little out of alignment, it seems to affect how the Matrix holder sits in his chest and the gap shows up right away.

I'm not sure how to proceed, I think I'll wait to see what you guys say. I'm not expecting perfection anymore (I think I set the bar a little too high for MP series, and was woken to reality with SW last year...great toys, of course, but in my mind I was expecting something near perfect, which wasn't the case).

Noisy arm:
There's also some rattling in his right arm somewhere...although I see enough screws where I think I can open it up to remove any errant plastic piece causing the noise. The trailer rear doors also appear to not line up quite perfectly, and his wheels in bot mode don't really spin at all..not that it's a big deal, not like I'm going to push him around or anything (vroom vroom!).
Overall:
The nit picky part of me also noticed that one of his helmet antennae is not as perfectly straight as the other...and to be honest, if he took an accidental tumble, I'm sure that would snap right off. The plastic seems a bit weak in that respect. Not to mention a design choice I'm not sure why they went with just yet....his head sits on a flat panel that tilts back and forth (probably for tranforming purpose), and then the neck itself tilts as you'd expect. But that panel is kinda loose, so I can't adjust his neck without holding down that panel. Another lil gripe.

After going through this thread, I've managed to get the Matrix in there, but it has to fit backwards. No other way around that.

Paint issues are almost none...everything looks great.

I know it's been a while, and some of you have these waiting to be opened, but I'm still on the fence regarding returning him for another should the issues not get resolved. At some point, I'll get lucky! But overall, I'm ok with him. Kinda to the same degree as SW, where I was disappointed from the onset due to QC, but then just lightened up over a lot of the small stuff.

Any thoughts?

Matrix_Holder
12-20-2014, 06:38 PM
http://chrisfitzgeraldmusic.com/talkbassfiles/zombie-thread.png

Sorry to hear about your QC issues, I hate when you buy an expensive figure and you have qc issues/
Inever had any issues with my MP10 but thenagain I didn't buy the rereleases so I didn't have any mold degradation on mine.

CanBot
12-21-2014, 03:26 AM
I'm not even sure what mold degradation would look like, but for my issues there seems to be a lot worse (or at least, similar)...even on the reviews on youtube.

I'm thinking there may be some more add-ons to this thread, as the reissue is here. But I do wish that you all get something as close to perfect as possible! Even with the warts, I can say I'm happy. I've found no MP I've got so far has been 'perfect', and that's probably unrealistic anyway.

SO NOW I'M BACK TO HOOTING FOR JOY OVER OWNING MP-10, WOOOOHOOOOO!!!! :D :D :D

namomaz
12-21-2014, 03:59 AM
I have had issues when I started collecting MP figures with hasbro's acidstorm and hasbro's soundwave so I decided to go with Takara and sold all my Hasbro figures. There is a reissue from takara (hasbro asia) coming in 2015.

Hasbro's quality control doesn't exist.

xbrawn
12-21-2014, 09:22 PM
my year of the horse has extremely loose legs for some reason anyone know a fix?

xbrawn
12-23-2014, 08:14 PM
qc question bump.

Phy
06-07-2015, 01:45 AM
Here's a problem with YOTH Prime. Got him last year, spent most of his time on the shelf but I do play with him off and on. It's done this on both legs. http://i.imgur.com/umJ3TZzl.jpg

justprime
06-07-2015, 08:45 AM
Knowing these problems I went for Takara 2.0 version and touch wood no problems in either mode that said I wonder if year of the horse has same issues?

Longshot
06-11-2015, 06:37 PM
Here's a problem with YOTH Prime. Got him last year, spent most of his time on the shelf but I do play with him off and on. It's done this on both legs.

Damn... I got him when it first came out, now I have to get home and check him out.

Update June 26, 2015: Checked both my YotH Prime and my MP-10 Hasbro re-issue and did not see the problems documented here.

CanBot
10-03-2015, 04:39 PM
Um...done 'what' on both legs? I don't see anything wrong in the picture. What am I missing?

Phy
12-16-2016, 06:54 PM
Do you see the pin joint between the two wheels, the one that the wheel cover for robot mode is attached to? That joint is cracked open. There's a mold line there, and the stresses involved in moving the wheel cover have caused it to fatigue and break along the line. It's done this at the same location on both legs.

I got the most recent Japanese MP-10 reissue last year, and it has broken this way as well. I've transformed that one maybe 10 to 15 times total, and I shaved down the corners to try and reduce the stresses... at this point I'm thinking it's less of a QC problem and more of a design flaw.

I've got some free time over the holidays so I'm going to try repairing both of my MP-10s.