PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Prime Episode 46 - Legacy - Discussion

razin
09-21-2012, 10:29 PM
Sorry, a tad late tonite.

Googley Drive (https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_5s7z10vYneTlVkSVRyTElpWlU)

Torrent, blech (http://darkprime.gotdns.com:6969/torrents/Transformers%20Prime%20-%2046%20-%20Legacy.avi.torrent?9919201BAC0C75375ABCEA06385A 644FE9CCCA22)

bomoth
09-21-2012, 10:34 PM
thanks man, i was getting worried !

FEZaid
09-21-2012, 11:19 PM
Star Sabre is freakin' awsome

ConvoyGTR
09-21-2012, 11:35 PM
It's also on YT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etqFtB6Gqxw&feature=g-all-u

In short: BEST EPISODE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And also best opening ever, very funny stuff. I'm really liking Smokescreen, he gives the show a lot of youth and energy to all the serious stuff that happens. Nolan North is fantastic and makes me want to play Uncharted, something I've kept putting off.

I like Jack saying "Pulled a Miko" and Arcee scolding Jack for going out on the battlefield and putting himself at risk. A stark contrast to the early episodes when it was happening all the time.

Megatron saying "We now face our darkest hour," got chills and makes it seem like the Star Saber is real game changer, and hopefully will play a big part in future episodes. Or gets locked up in storage in an ep or two.

If having the Star Saber wasn't enough, I got shades of the Excalibur and the Master Sword from it. Fangasm overload ^_^

edit: watching it again with a clearer mind, I would rank it top 3. I should take a moment to calm down first before making a post immediately afterwards. Still, a fantastic ep with a possible game changing cliff hanger.

Nightscrabbler
09-21-2012, 11:38 PM
that episode went from ordinary to amazing

UltraPrimal
09-22-2012, 12:21 AM
I didn't like how in the episode Hot Shot and Rad were totally just goofing off the entire time. Seemed really out of character. Especially for Rad.

It was interesting that they mentioned Carlos had to move. Also, I wonder where Alexis was this episode.

But when the Autobots swiped the Star Saber from Megatron, I was like "Whoa! Them some powerful, minicons!"

I can't wait for next week when Megatron captures the Dark Saber!

Perceptor
09-22-2012, 12:57 AM
I agree it's out of character for Jack to be goofing off with Smokescreen too. The episode turned from light hearted to awesome.

Why Rad, Carlos and Alexis? Why those names for the characters?

northren prime
09-22-2012, 01:04 AM
that was an awesome episode, megatron was liek oh shit whar are we gonna do now

ConvoyGTR
09-22-2012, 01:50 AM
I didn't like how in the episode Hot Shot and Rad were totally just goofing off the entire time. Seemed really out of character. Especially for Rad.

It was interesting that they mentioned Carlos had to move. Also, I wonder where Alexis was this episode.

But when the Autobots swiped the Star Saber from Megatron, I was like "Whoa! Them some powerful, minicons!"

I can't wait for next week when Megatron captures the Dark Saber!
I see what you did there. ;)

Ned1701
09-22-2012, 01:53 AM
lol transformers armada when the love of transformers almost died for me

Sideswipe
09-22-2012, 01:53 AM
I agree it's out of character for Jack to be goofing off with Smokescreen too. The episode turned from light hearted to awesome.

It's in reference to the Armada arc.

Alexander Quinn
09-22-2012, 11:14 AM
Loved Megatron's face near the end. Looked like Starscream snuck up on him and gave him a robotic prostate exam.

wervenom
09-22-2012, 12:27 PM
Cant wait for the next one. Thanks razin

UltraPrimal
09-22-2012, 01:30 PM

It's in reference to the Armada arc.
The more I see of Prime, the more it feels like Armada. You've already got the 3 kids with similar character archetypes; leader, Hispanic, and girl. Each paired with their own Transformer. You've got the small group of Autobots trying to hold off the Decepticons. Then there's the whole "search for this weeks MacGuffin" plot. Gotta catch 'em all! And now the Autobots have this ultra powerful sword called the Star Saber that makes the Decepticons drop an Energon cube in their pants at the mere sight of it.

Not to mention, in Japan, all the Transformers supposedly have their own partner minicons, they just don't know it. All we need now is them to find Nexus Maximus's Requiem Blaster and Optimal Optronix's Skyboom Shield and we'll be exactly where we were 10 years ago.:rolleyes:

down_shift
09-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Amazing episode!

Thanks razin!

jackwacko
09-22-2012, 02:36 PM
So we getting that 3rd Party Star Saber some where down the line right? Because damn that thing is crazy cool =D

And the episode? It was pretty good, especially with Bulkhead back in action

Perceptor
09-22-2012, 04:41 PM
The more I see of Prime, the more it feels like Armada. You've already got the 3 kids with similar character archetypes; leader, Hispanic, and girl. Each paired with their own Transformer. You've got the small group of Autobots trying to hold off the Decepticons. Then there's the whole "search for this weeks MacGuffin" plot. Gotta catch 'em all! And now the Autobots have this ultra powerful sword called the Star Saber that makes the Decepticons drop an Energon cube in their pants at the mere sight of it.

Not to mention, in Japan, all the Transformers supposedly have their own partner minicons, they just don't know it. All we need now is them to find Nexus Maximus's Requiem Blaster and Optimal Optronix's Skyboom Shield and we'll be exactly where we were 10 years ago.:rolleyes:

Interesting to know... I missed the whole Armada generation plus some. I guess it's not easy to reinvent a formula that seems to work.

ryceball89
09-22-2012, 05:42 PM
So we getting that 3rd Party Star Saber some where down the line right? Because damn that thing is crazy cool =D

I hope they make one that glows!!

Dragon Knight
09-22-2012, 06:23 PM

I'm positive Dr.Wu already made one based on concept art.

jackwacko
09-22-2012, 06:52 PM
I'm positive Dr.Wu already made one based on concept art.

I believe that's the diecast looking one? Now we need one that glows =D (also under $20 hopefully)

Undrave
09-22-2012, 07:30 PM

Well the Star Saber was supposed to be in the possession of Nexus Prime. Why it was on Earth doing an impression of Excalibur, beats me.

Unless they change it from the novels, the Requiem Blaster (which was actually The Fallen's weapon) is currently in the hands of the Star Seekers.

Honestly, considering the macguffins aren't alive it reminds me more of Xiaolin Showdown rather than Pokémon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOlweD0MTAI

Tekkamanraiden
09-22-2012, 09:02 PM

You can actually go back further to Masterforce for similarities.

Dragon Knight
09-22-2012, 09:05 PM
I believe that's the diecast looking one? Now we need one that glows =D (also under $20 hopefully)

Yeah, but comparing that to the sword that Prime used in the show, the hilt is sorta different.

Undrave
09-22-2012, 09:45 PM
Yeah, but comparing that to the sword that Prime used in the show, the hilt is sorta different.

Well the Matrix of Leadership is supposed to be the hilt of the Star Saber. The Star Saber was Prima's personal weapon and he was the first bearer of the Matrix. Since the Matrix is inside Optimus I figure the saber looks different because the Matrix isn't part of it anymore.

The Star Saber is also what was use to cut up Nexus Prime into his five components.

Jove
09-23-2012, 12:57 PM
The more I see of Prime, the more it feels like Armada...

All we need now is them to find Nexus Maximus's Requiem Blaster and Optimal Optronix's Skyboom Shield and we'll be exactly where we were 10 years ago.:rolleyes:

I'm going to disagree. While there are definitely parallels that can be drawn, the shows FEEL entirely different. Prime is not cheesy and overdone. It's aimed at an older audience. Armada was everything I dislike about anime. Prime has none of it.

Autobotz24
09-23-2012, 07:48 PM
This really was a standout episode. Love the look on Megatron's face when Prime used the Star Sabre. For the first time ever, he genuinely looked scared

Matrix_Holder
09-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Best episode in a long time.

Undrave
09-23-2012, 11:48 PM
This really was a standout episode. Love the look on Megatron's face when Prime used the Star Sabre. For the first time ever, he genuinely looked scared

Yeah, kudos to the animators, they REALLY sold the fear there!

ARCTrooperAlpha
09-24-2012, 01:16 AM
I'm going to disagree. While there are definitely parallels that can be drawn, the shows FEEL entirely different. Prime is not cheesy and overdone. It's aimed at an older audience. Armada was everything I dislike about anime. Prime has none of it.

Basically, Prime is Armada with more serious tones. However, it really can't handle seriousness coherently.