PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Prime Episode 44 - New Recruit - Discussion

razin
09-07-2012, 08:56 PM
Party on Wayne....

Google Drive (https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_5s7z10vYneYWc3TnNlTTFlOGc)

Torrent (http://darkprime.gotdns.com:6969/torrents/Transformers%20Prime%20-%2044%20-%20New%20Recruit.avi.torrent?C63E9AB14E17DD0DC568E F5072E0692A5FFA4842)

Jove
09-07-2012, 09:40 PM
I liked it.

It seems like it has taken the Autobots too long to use the relics. Nice to see somebody using his head.

northren prime
09-07-2012, 09:47 PM
that was a fairly decent episode, i hope smokescreen doesn't turnout to be a turncoat though.

FEZaid
09-07-2012, 09:55 PM
OH IT'S FRIDAY ALREADY!! Oh wow, thanks

Dragon Knight
09-07-2012, 10:00 PM
I got a chuckle when Ratchet sounded surprised that Red Energon fell on earth....I mean, doesn't everything Cybertronian?

razin
09-07-2012, 10:09 PM
I got a chuckle when Ratchet sounded surprised that Red Energon fell on earth....I mean, doesn't everything Cybertronian?

Earth seems to be Cybertron, just wrapped in organic materials. Dig under it, and tada, Cybertron.

Undrave
09-07-2012, 10:18 PM
Dang Bulkhead is getting into a major funk.

They should plug the Apex Armor on him!

Also the idea of Starscream on the internet amuses me.

Dragon Knight
09-07-2012, 10:24 PM
Smokescreen's voice sounded way familiar to me...looking up Nolan North's credentials up I now know why: He did Super Boy in Young Justice amongst other thing.

bomoth
09-07-2012, 10:28 PM
good episode !

Requateer
09-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Red Energon? Looks like they really are pushing the whole kryptonite schtick. Also: Red? Speed? bracing for the inevitable slew of "three times faster" jokes.

transforminator
09-07-2012, 11:35 PM
Smokescreen's voice sounded way familiar to me...looking up Nolan North's credentials up I now know why: He did Super Boy in Young Justice amongst other thing.

Nolan North is like a god in the voice acting industry. He's done the voices of Cliffjumper, Brawl and Bruticus in WFC/FOC just to name a few.

Nightscrabbler
09-08-2012, 12:20 AM
Bulkhead is way too whiny. He should be a team player. Otherwise a good episode. Don't really care for "red" energon concept though.

Vakamadisk
09-08-2012, 01:41 AM
Haha, Bumblebee gets spotted again by a conspiracy theorist. With Bumblebee being such a recurring sight among humans, it would seem that perhaps the show's creators are poking fun at the extreme number of Bumblebee toys warming the pegs.
"Another Bumblebee sighting?!" - Ratchet

down_shift
09-08-2012, 08:49 AM
and party on Garth!

Undrave
09-08-2012, 04:00 PM
Haha, Bumblebee gets spotted again by a conspiracy theorist. With Bumblebee being such a recurring sight among humans, it would seem that perhaps the show's creators are poking fun at the extreme number of Bumblebee toys warming the pegs.
"Another Bumblebee sighting?!" - Ratchet

Hahaha that's clever!

I hope we get a Smokescreen toy, they could redeco him as Jazz easily.

joshimus
09-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Nolan North's most recognizable voice is Nathan Drake from the Uncharted series. He's got a good voice for these kinds of characters. I'm already bored of Bulkhead's whinning about "they are gonna replace me" crap. Otherwise it was a good episode and still good to see Screamer still has power.

Coralle
09-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Oh goodness! Smokescreen is such a cutie pie! :) I hope they release his toy here. ♥

Undrave
09-08-2012, 09:42 PM
I like Smokescreen enough but I can't shake the feeling he's not 100% honest :/ makes things a bit uneasy.

someguy99
09-08-2012, 10:23 PM
Alpha Trion was the one petition Halogen and the high council to make you a prime.

I know Alpha Trion, and I have some understanding of the 13 primes. But I don’t follow ever aspect of Transformers i.e. don’t read the comic book series. I’m not familiar with Halogen, if I am even spelling it right. Is Halogen an existing character from the Transformer universe or was that just made up for that scene?
Thanks

ARCTrooperAlpha
09-09-2012, 12:27 AM
It's not bad. But I don't see how the phase shifter became the Deux Ex Machina. It enables the wearer to phase through solid objects, but in order to kick Starscream out of the armor, Scream had to be phased too. But he was definitely a solid by himself.

Unless the phase shifter can share it's ability with others.

Nightscrabbler
09-09-2012, 12:25 PM
It's not bad. But I don't see how the phase shifter became the Deux Ex Machina. It enables the wearer to phase through solid objects, but in order to kick Starscream out of the armor, Scream had to be phased too. But he was definitely a solid by himself.

Unless the phase shifter can share it's ability with others.

Well, it's probably like how Nightcrawler can teleport other people or clothes/objects that he is touching. But you're right, that manoeuvre was complicated and difficult; to phase and kick Starscream (presumably two people phased can touch each other) through the unphased armor.

foxraven
09-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Two things come to mind about Smokescreen and what will probably be the reason he can do things others can't. One, he's Elite Guard, so he got trained by weaponmasters (not well mind you, but trained nevertheless) and two, earlier in the episode he said he was familiar with the items from his time at the Archives. So during that time he became aware of how they worked. Part of me hopes his alternate reason for being there is that he was sent by Alpha Trion to recapture the artifacts and to remove them from either side's use (like it was at the Archives). I think that would be a cool twist.

Undrave
09-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Alpha Trion was the one petition Halogen and the high council to make you a prime.

I know Alpha Trion, and I have some understanding of the 13 primes. But I don’t follow ever aspect of Transformers i.e. don’t read the comic book series. I’m not familiar with Halogen, if I am even spelling it right. Is Halogen an existing character from the Transformer universe or was that just made up for that scene?
Thanks

TF Wiki to the rescue:

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Halogen

Aligned continuity strikes again ;)

Now here is an interesting theory that someone put forth elsewhere: Smokescreen is actually Shockwave! My own spin on this is that Smokescreen has Shockwave in his head the same way Bumblebee had Megatron! Shockwave did invent the cortical patch system! Shockwave will probably free Airachnid (one of his creation I bet) and threaten to reveal the location of the Autobot base to Megatron!!

Prowl_2009
09-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Loved this episode! Nice to have a new Autobot on the team! Alt mode looks good and the robot mode is nice as well! Looking forward to seeing more of Smokescreen in action and the eventual figure.

Just wish his colors were more G1-esque, if I had to complain about something. :p