PDA

View Full Version : Central Canada Comic Con

Robimus
09-29-2007, 02:53 AM
The MBCC has been renamed the Central Canada Comic Con for 2009. This thread chronicles the last two years of the event. It will get bigger and better as we go forward. :)

For the 2010 Updates go to the last pages of the Thread.

Manitoba Comic Con is about a month away so I thought I'd start up the Thread. It takes place October 27th & 28th. Saturday from 10am till 6pm and Sunday 10am to 5pm. Admission is $5 per day and gets you into the dealer room plus stuff like the Fan Film room, the Anime room and the like.
The dealer room which I'm sure is what most of us are most interested in looks to be huge this year with dealers not only from Manitoba, but from across Canada and the States as well. I'm sure Transformers will be a plenty as it will be a great spot to pick up US exclusives and the like. There are usually a few dealers with great selections of G1 stuff, and there will certainly be lots of newer stuff like Classic's and Movie stuff. I'm bringing my whole Trade/sell list for my table as well plus I might bring my custom Classic's Transformers for display as well. At the March 2007 toyshow I picked up the Classics Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack, G1 Gears, Beachcomber, and Bumblebee just to name a few. One table had just Transformers stuff, well over a hundred different items all G1 and G2. I remember seeing G1 Scorponok, Hotrod, Jazz, Starscream, plus newer stuff like Unicron at the March show. I'm told those same dealers will be there again.
It's really more of a toyshow in the dealers area, thats not to say there are no comic dealers there, but toys will hold down two thirds of the tables.
Also a few special guests are coming in, a first for Manitoba. David Prowse(Darth Vader) will be in attendance. Be warned though that he is charging $25 for an autograph or picture. Richard Hatch from the new and old Battlestar Galactica series will be there as well. Some actors from Star Trek, the original Battlestar and a ton of comic artists will be in attendance as well. Even Margot Kidder(Lois Lane) will be in attendance.
Anyway I hope I will see you all there. I'll have my table set up and Robimus on my name tag. Last years comiccon had a paid attendance of 2640 or so people and that was without a single special guest. We're expecting 5000 people this year. If this continues to thrive who knows what guests we might see in future years? Peter Cullen?, Simon Furman?, Frank Welker? Actors from the Movie? Sky is the limit if the support is there.

Check out www.cccomiccon.com (http://www.cccomiccon.com) for all the info-Thanks-Rob

noodle
09-29-2007, 03:08 AM
I'm still undecided whether I should go or not. I'm not into comics too much, but the dealer tables as well as meeting fellow board members [whomever are going] maybe worth it alone, and you can't go wrong with a five dollar all-day admisson fee... hopefully I won't be working that weekend.

Also Robimus what will you be bringing for sell/trade? how about a list... :D

Robimus
10-10-2007, 01:37 AM
A short list of stuff I'm bringing:

Brave Police Sixshot Loose
T-Wrecks(Megatron Repaint) Loose
Hun-Grrr Loose
Movie Wreckage Loose
Movie Jazz Loose
Cybertron Demolisher Loose
G2 Silverbolt Loose
Armada Sideways Loose
G2 Inferno Loose
G1 Skywarp Loose
Real Gear Camera Loose
Real Gear Camcorder Loose
Cybertron Skyshadow MIBC
Movie G1 Starscream MIBC
10th Beast Wars Tarantalus MIBC
10th Beast Wars Dinobot MIBC
Plus a lot more bots and parts for sale or trade. A lot of stuff isn't complete but I think you'll find my prices at the Con very reasonable. I'll also have tons of Star Wars stuff, LOTR and GI Joe.

I'm also making a trip down to the States the week before to try and grab some US exclusives for the show. Hope to have some G1 Jazz's, Elita-Ones and the like by the Con. Only 17 days to go! :D

noodle
10-10-2007, 04:38 PM
If you are able to pick up any US exclusives can you let me know please. I wouldn't mind picking up elita-one or an arcee from you... possibly before the Manitoba comic-con. ^_^

with that said, I'm still unsure if I can make it; I have work that weekend. Hopefully a co-worker can trade shifts with me...

Robimus
10-15-2007, 12:45 AM
Bump it up. Only twelve days to go!!!

Robimus
10-21-2007, 04:55 AM
Very limited amount of Target exclusive Elita-One's plus more added. 6 Days to go!!!!!!

noodle
10-22-2007, 10:51 AM
I was able to get work off on saturday, so that means I'll be able going to the Manitoba Comic-con Convention!! It will be my very first convention I'll be attending and I'm looking forward to it! Hopefully I don't spend to much...

Robimus
10-22-2007, 03:38 PM
Great, you'll have a blast! :)

noodle
10-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Four more days to go!!! I'm really glad I got work off, and can't stress enough how much I'm looking forward to going. I'm hoping I can the remaining classics I need as well as a few US exclusives... lol. Its funny Im really just going for the dealer tables... maybe I'll check out the anime and gaming rooms as well.

noodle
10-25-2007, 12:24 AM
okay, so I went to IrBen Entertainment to purchase tickets for the comic-con but they were all sold out, did anyone know how much they would cost at the door?

Robimus
10-25-2007, 12:37 AM
$5 dollars a day at the door. Don't worry there is no such thing as "sold out " for conventions, Tim and the gang at Irben just ran out. I'm sure Mike(the promoter) has some at his store Raven Collectibles 214 St. Mary's road. Give him a call at 837-8128 to find out. He has odd hours so better to call than just stop by incase he's closed.
Also if you do wait you wont have any trouble getting tickets at the door, but there might be a large lineup............might be a lineup even if you pre-purchase though.

noodle
10-25-2007, 01:25 AM
$5 dollars a day at the door. Don't worry there is no such thing as "sold out " for conventions, Tim and the gang at Irben just ran out. I'm sure Mike(the promoter) has some at his store Raven Collectibles 214 St. Mary's road. Give him a call at 837-8128 to find out. He has odd hours so better to call than just stop by incase he's closed.
Also if you do wait you wont have any trouble getting tickets at the door, but there might be a large lineup............might be a lineup even if you pre-purchase though.

cool i'll give Raven Collectibles a call tomorrow...

Robimus
10-26-2007, 04:02 PM
TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!! 10am doors open. See ya there-Rob :)

noodle
10-26-2007, 06:37 PM
GAH!!! I wasn't able to pick up some tickets @ Raven Collectibles so I'm going to have to wait in line and get them at the door... oh well it's worth it! XD

Robimus
10-26-2007, 08:54 PM
Friday Update: All the guests except one of the comic artists have made it into town. I just set up in the dealer room, its gonna be much bigger than anything Winnipeg has seen before. Tomorrow's the big day. Check out the local news broadcasts for story's about the Con and celebrity interveiws. Heard a Richard Hatch(Original Apolo/Tom Zarek from BSG) interveiw on CJOB today, he's excited to be here, sounds very impressed with our fair city.
See you all tomorrow-Rob.

Robimus
10-27-2007, 08:44 PM
Saturday Update: Big day at the con! Tons of people worked their way through, record crowds for sure. I'll post up the final count tomorrow. Lots of Transformers, G1 Scroponok $300, Brave Police Fort Max $300, G1 Cyclonus, G1 Scourge, G1 Hotrod so on were all available with original packaging. One G1 Jazz movie repaint was available at close. Lots of Alts too. Also Japanese reissues of Starscream and Soundwave are available from Machine Interface. They also have MP's of Skywarp and Megatron on hand at the Con.
Lots of loose stuff from G1 to Beast Wars as well. Nice to see Noodle and Voltus 5 at the show as well. Maybe some other Cybertron.ca'ers came by as well, incognito. Lots of Transformer collecters on the prowl today.
Still one big day left tomorrow, come on out. See you there-Rob :)

A_U_T_O_B_O_T
10-28-2007, 12:46 AM
I don't know but I think that I bought possibly the last Masterpiece Megatron there. Didn't come with a plug to I had to jump on it, why I'm not too sure haha.

Also I think that the Scorpinok from the Galaxy comics booth was about $240...unless there is another one. There was also a G1 Optimus Prime with original box for $60 there as well if anyone was interested.

noodle
10-28-2007, 01:15 AM
I don't know but I think that I bought possibly the last Masterpiece Megatron there. Didn't come with a plug to I had to jump on it, why I'm not too sure haha.

Also I think that the Scorpinok from the Galaxy comics booth was about $240...unless there is another one. There was also a G1 Optimus Prime with original box for $60 there as well if anyone was interested.

i think the G1 Optimus prime with original box was actually priced @ $160... also, if you go to the seller with all the G1 figures he has steeljaw and rewind cassettes MOSC for $90; it isn't on display though...just ask to see it.

Robimus
10-28-2007, 05:59 AM

I coulda sworn the tag on the G1 Scorponok said $299.99 but I'll double check. And yes the G1 Prime in box is $160. Glad you made it out!!! :) Nice haul, you got the Megatron from Arial/Machine Interface?

A_U_T_O_B_O_T
10-28-2007, 10:47 AM
I coulda sworn the tag on the G1 Scorponok said $299.99 but I'll double check. And yes the G1 Prime in box is $160. Glad you made it out!!! :) Nice haul, you got the Megatron from Arial/Machine Interface?

I did indeed. I've just been soo lazy when it came to picking up the MP-05 and when I saw it there I couldn't resist. For some reason my Prime just didn't look right set up, standing on it's own.

Also I might be wrong about the G1 Scorponok, good idea to double check. The weird thing is that Galaxy Comics is the comic shop I frequent and I have never seen that thing in either of the 2 floors of their store :rolleyes:.

i think the G1 Optimus prime with original box was actually priced @ $160... also, if you go to the seller with all the G1 figures he has steeljaw and rewind cassettes MOSC for $90; it isn't on display though...just ask to see it.

Wow now I had known that Steeljaw and the cassettes where there. Oh well. I also saw some sort of re-release Soundwave and Starscream (not sure what they could be, said Takara on the boxes), MP3 Soundwave, Frenzy and Rumble MP3 player as well at the Ariel/Machine Interface if anyone was interested.

noodle
10-28-2007, 12:46 PM
I did indeed. I've just been soo lazy when it came to picking up the MP-05 and when I saw it there I couldn't resist. For some reason my Prime just didn't look right set up, standing on it's own.

Also I might be wrong about the G1 Scorponok, good idea to double check. The weird thing is that Galaxy Comics is the comic shop I frequent and I have never seen that thing in either of the 2 floors of their store :rolleyes:.

Wow now I had known that Steeljaw and the cassettes where there. Oh well. I also saw some sort of re-release Soundwave and Starscream (not sure what they could be, said Takara on the boxes), MP3 Soundwave, Frenzy and Rumble MP3 player as well at the Ariel/Machine Interface if anyone was interested.

those would be the encore reissues.

JaySmith
10-28-2007, 01:10 PM
Damn.... I really wish I had the time to make it out as from the sounds of it there's some really good stuff to be had. :( How much were the Masterpieces going for just out of curiosity.

A_U_T_O_B_O_T
10-28-2007, 01:48 PM
Damn.... I really wish I had the time to make it out as from the sounds of it there's some really good stuff to be had. :( How much were the Masterpieces going for just out of curiosity.

Skywarp - $140
Megatron - $180

those would be the encore reissues.

Oh, well now I know. Thanks.

noodle
10-28-2007, 08:31 PM
so what did everyone get from this year's manitoba comic-con?

noodle
10-29-2007, 12:01 PM
a few things I got from the dealer tables at this years' manitoba comic convention:

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u288/sushisalad/100_4251.jpg

-MISB BestBuy Exclusive Voyager Ratchet
-Loose Armada Nemesis Prime [complete with instructions and sticker]
-MISB Takara Transformers Collection #15 Stepper
-MIB Transformers Choro Q Rodimus Prime
-Loose Real Gear Robot Longshot 6
-Powermaster Optimus Prime parts [double gun x2, gun x1]

Robimus
10-29-2007, 12:53 PM
First, I agree with AUTOBOT about never having seen the Scorponok at Galaxy, weird. If they have it in there store I would have thought I'd have seen it at some point :confused:.

Second, I was talking to Ariel at shows end and he has both the Masterpeice Starscreams and the Takara reissues of Jazz(Similar packaging to the Starscream and Soundwave at the show) on order, so it could be worth checking out in the near future.

Lastly my Haul!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

G1 Grimlock loose :D
G1 Slag loose :D
G1 Kup loose :D
G1 Rippersnapper
G1 Topspin
Leader 1 Super Gobot
Porche 911 Super Gobot
Gobot Ambulance
Transmetal Black Arachnia
Autograph Print by David Prowse :D
Autograph DVD Saving Starwars :D
Comiccon 2007 T-Shirt

I'll post up some picks a bit later on today :)

noodle
10-29-2007, 01:25 PM
I've have yet to go to Galaxy Comics and Collectibles but do they usually offer loose transformers @ their store or was that just a convention thing?
I was also considering buying an incomplete Powermaster Optimus Prime from them just for Hi-Q and the back flap of the trailer but 45$ was a bit too much for me...

Robimus
10-29-2007, 01:35 PM
Galaxy's loose selection wouldn't be much different than what you saw at the show, maybe a few more.

Robimus
10-29-2007, 02:20 PM
Show Overveiw:

Well, Comiccon has come and gone for another year. I for one had lots of fun, the 100+ dealer tables were the most we've ever had at a Manitoba show and lots of deals were available to be had.
The celebity guests were all awesome, both at their signing tables and during their panels. I just want to take a moment to single out our guest of honor David Prowse. He was the celebrity MVP for me, I never imagined he would be such a kind, well spoken guest. He took a lot of time to talk to everyone and he really knew his Star Wars! He even commented on the new trilogy in detail in his Q & A session. He's a great personality with a lot of great story's from his career in film and funny tidbits from all the conventions he's attended around the world. His presentation on his career in film on sunday night was great, his flim clips, charisma and charm really carried the presentation. I just wish I could have stayed for the whole presentation but alas my daughter had already spent 12 hours with her grandparents so we had to depart.:( His $30 charge for Autograph's was well worth it in every way and he stayed signing almost right until 6pm on Sunday when the other guests had already packed up. Mr. Prowse also shared that Mark Hamil charges $180 for an autograph at conventions, YIKES!
Estimated attendance for the Two day event was over 8000 and will be updated on the Comiccon website when the final tally is in. The Con was a smashing success all the way around.
I'd just like to take a moment to thank Mike Paille(promoter) for his dedicated and tireless efforts in making the event the success that it was. Mike has been doing these shows for a long time, building towards doing the once a year conventions like this and I hope its all paying off for him now. Thanks Mike, without you none of this would have been possible!!!!
Next Toyshow is March 30, 2008 and next years Con is October 24-26. Special guest John DeLance( Q from Star Trek). I can't wait - Rob

Robimus
01-12-2008, 02:59 AM
Just wanted to chime in with an update for the 2008 Convention!
Guests will be John Delance(Q from Star Trek), Lou Ferrigno(Original Hulk), Jeremy Bullock(Boba Fett) plus many more. Check out www.manitobacomiccon.com (http://www.manitobacomiccon.com) for all the details!

Also a reminder about the March 30th show is on the site as well!

noodle
01-12-2008, 06:34 AM
wasn't Allison Mack and Erica Durance suppose to be attending the upcoming manitoba comic-con too?

Robimus
01-12-2008, 11:11 AM
I believe with the exception of George Romero (who is delayed to next year, hopefully) and Margot Kidder(who wore out her welcome) that everyone advertised on the program for 2008 from last year should be in attendance, they just don't have them all up on the website yet.......hopefully. I believe a number of Smallville guests should be in to help celebrate the 30th Anniversary of Superman. Both Erica Durance and Allison Mack should still be on the guest list

I'll stop in and see the promoter soon and get the full report if there have been anymore changes...

Heatbag
01-15-2008, 03:09 AM
Where abouts is galaxy comics? Is that the one on Henderson Highway? Oh yeah whats up all ya winnipeggers? And has anyone went to one of these toy shows? Has the selection improved? Last one I went to was at the HOJO and it was alrite. I am just hoping to find some more selection of G1, etc. and I am also getting into macross. So if ya know where to get any valks let me know!

Robimus
02-17-2008, 09:37 PM
wasn't Allison Mack and Erica Durance suppose to be attending the upcoming manitoba comic-con too?

Comiccon Update!!!!:

Allison Mack and Erica Durance are still maybe's for the Convention but not guarenteed at this point, sorry Noodle. :(
Apparently because of the writers strike they maybe be working, filming new episodes of Smallville. They will not be here if they are filming, but the promoter says they have both indicated they would still like to attend if their work on Smallville doesn't conflict with the convention.
The Green Arrow is confirmed and expected to attend though:) Just the ladies are questionable right now.

Also new location and times:

OK, so the challenge of organizing an event of this size is incredible, as I'm sure the organizers of TFCon can attest to. In addition to losing and gaining guests the Manitoba Comiccon now has a brand new location. The entire third floor of the Winnipeg Convention Center!!Saturday October 11th, 10am-8pm and Sunday October 12th, 10am-4pm. The Comiccon has been trying to book the Convention Center all along and now it is a reality, YAY! It will be so much more roomy than the Victoria Inn was as I'm sure anyone who attended can understand. Admission will be $7.50 per day.

Also the Winnipeg Toy Expo is taking place on March 30, at the Canadinn Fort Garry. I've got my table for both events this year so I hope to see you all there! $2 gets you in the door!
www.manitobacomiccon.com (http://www.manitobacomiccon.com) for all the details.

Robimus
02-17-2008, 09:45 PM
Where abouts is galaxy comics? Is that the one on Henderson Highway? Oh yeah whats up all ya winnipeggers? And has anyone went to one of these toy shows? Has the selection improved? Last one I went to was at the HOJO and it was alrite. I am just hoping to find some more selection of G1, etc. and I am also getting into macross. So if ya know where to get any valks let me know!

You never know what you will find at the Toyshows. There are usually several dealers with G1 stuff, a lot loose but some still in its original packaging as well. Also Machine Interface has all the G1 reissues at all the shows as well. I'm hoping he'll have Skylinx and Jazz available for the March show :D.

Also Raven Collectibles on 214 St. Marys Road has a ton of G1 stuff. I was there on Saturday and he has some loose but minty stuff like Omega Supreme, Trypticon and Scorponok, and Grimlock(all G1). Also has some newer Macross stuff as well. If you haven't been to his store its definitly worth a look.
Also Jay at Mandalay Flea Market has a good number of G1 reissues and loose G1 stuff as well. A second new dealer is at the Mandalay market as well who has a good number of the Japanese reissues.

Hope to see you at the show in March-Rob

noodle
02-17-2008, 10:52 PM
...Allison Mack and Erica Durance are still maybe's for the Convention but not guarenteed at this point, sorry Noodle. :(

Also the Winnipeg Toy Expo is taking place on March 30, at the Canadinn Fort Garry. I've got my table for both events this year so I hope to see you all there! $2 gets you in the door!

I do hope Allison Mack and Erica Durance attend the Manitoba Comic-Con I've would love to meet them in person...

...Also the Winnipeg Toy Expo is taking place on March 30, at the Canadinn Fort Garry. I've got my table for both events this year so I hope to see you all there! $2 gets you in the door!

Canadinn Fort Garry on Pembina by the Futureshop and Sportchek?

Robimus
02-17-2008, 11:01 PM
CanadInn Fort Garry is a venue I've never been too but its on Pembina so thats probably about right. :)

noodle
02-17-2008, 11:05 PM
Okay, It's decide that I'll be going to the Winnipeg Toy Expo; the location itself is just ridiculous close to home...

onecoin
02-27-2008, 11:43 PM
is it just the one day?

Robimus
02-28-2008, 01:51 AM
is it just the one day?

The Toyshow on March 30th is just 1 day, 10am to 4pm. The Comiccon in October will be a 2 day event. Hope to see ya at the events, I should have a Robimus sign on my table :D.

Robimus
03-15-2008, 12:35 AM
Just a reminder that the Winnipeg Comic and Toy Expo is coming up on March 30th at the Canadinns Fort Garry. 10am till 5pm(be warned these often end at 4pm even when 5pm close is posted). Admission to the event is $2.
Should be some good Transformers stuff there and I'm hoping to pick up a couple items from Machine Interface at the show myself, funds permitting :D. Hope to see you all there, I'll have a Robimus sign somewhere on my table.
I'm also gonna update my Buy/Sell/Trade list as well to give some idea of what you might see. I'll also be picking up more stuff before the show....-Rob

Robimus
03-23-2008, 04:31 PM
Just a reminder that the Winnipeg Comic and Toy Expo is coming up on March 30th at the Canadinns Fort Garry. 10am till 5pm(be warned these often end at 4pm even when 5pm close is posted). Admission to the event is $2.
Should be some good Transformers stuff there and I'm hoping to pick up a couple items from Machine Interface at the show myself, funds permitting :D. Hope to see you all there, I'll have a Robimus sign somewhere on my table.
I'm also gonna update my Buy/Sell/Trade list as well to give some idea of what you might see. I'll also be picking up more stuff before the show....-Rob

Bump, next Sunday folks.:)

Robimus
03-29-2008, 03:12 AM
Toyshow Sunday folks. 10-4 at the Canadinns Fort Garry on Pembina. Last bump til October :p.

onecoin
03-29-2008, 03:19 AM
Thanks for the PM reminder, is there a way to find everyone from Winnipeg? I want to go buts its tough with the World of Wheels and the ABDC marathon on tv.

noodle
03-29-2008, 03:21 AM
I'm working unfortunately... :(

Robimus
03-29-2008, 03:23 AM
I'm working unfortunately... :(

You get any paid sick time there noodle? :p

onecoin
03-29-2008, 03:30 AM
Haha... Imagine calling in sick and getting caught at a toy show.

noodle
03-29-2008, 04:30 AM
You get any paid sick time there noodle? :p

not when your working part-time @ a retail job... :P

Heatbag
03-29-2008, 04:05 PM
If it doesn't snow as much as they say I'll be there at the toyshow. Otherwise I'll be working for the city either tonite or tomorrow morning.

Robimus
03-30-2008, 11:40 PM
The Winnipeg Toy and Comic Expo is in the books for another year and a great time was had by all meesa thinks. Over 1000 people attended counting vendors and staff, looking at over 50 tables of toys and comics.
There were actually a lot of new vendors and a lot more older Transformers stuff than in the past, making the show kinda fresh and new for me.
Two of the stores present were Raven Collectibles 214 St.Mary's Road(picture of loose Metroplex, Omega Supreme and Scorponok) and Evolution Collectibles from the Mandalay Flea Market, 100 Mandalay Drive.(pictures of Encore Transformers/Star Wars figure sets). Pictures of course indicate not only what was available at the show but what they have for sale in physical store locations as well.
A special shout out to board members Voltus5 and Crimbot who stopped by my table and visited for a while. Always nice to be able to put faces with the names :). Also both fellows picked up some stuff from me as well :D, Thanks guys!

onecoin
03-31-2008, 03:19 AM
Is that Bucky O'Hare? Captain Bucky O'Hare? Mutants and Aliens and Toads beware?

CobraCommander
03-31-2008, 07:16 AM
That looks like a good turn out. I miss my Starriors, always liked that big Cobra base :D

Nice haul Robimus!

Robimus
05-29-2008, 05:18 AM
Big News:

Charlie Adler the voice of Starscream in Transformers the Movie 2007 is coming to the Manitoba Comic Con in October.

I know several of us(At least Nite Owl and Myself) have been bugging the promoter to get a Transformers guest and as always Mike and Violet hve come through. :) Maybe he's even going to be doing the voice in the sequel?

Also a confirmation for Noodle, Erica Durant is now confirmed to be attending and up on the website, just for you on your Birthday:p.(or just after it).

http://manitobacomiccon.com/guests.php

Robimus
08-08-2008, 11:26 AM
Two Months to go! Plan ahead, don't miss out!

2008 Manitoba Comic Con & Sci Fi Expo: October 11 & 12 @ Winnipeg Convention Center, 375 Yrok Ave.

60,000 Square Feet of Exhibitors(135+ Tables)
12,000 Square Feet of Gaming(Tournaments, Demo's, CCG, RPG, +)
2 Full days of panels and Workshops

Special Guests:
Lou Ferrigno(Incredible Hulk)
Jeremy Bulloch(Boba Fett)
John De Lancie(Q)
Justin Hartley(Green Arrow)
Charlie Adler(Movie Starscream)
plus many more........

Weekend Pass $12 or $7.50 per day.

Also get pictures with :
The Ewoks
Gizmo and the Gremlins
Ecto-1
Plus many costumed guests including members of the 501st Stromtrooper Division, licenced Fanclub of Lucasfilm.

Tickets on sale at Ticketmaster

www.ticketmaster.com (http://www.ticketmaster.com)

For all the info, including a complete guest list check the website:

www.manitobacomiccon.com (http://www.manitobacomiccon.com)

crimbot
08-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Wow, it looks big and great this year, I can't wait!!, But Thanksgiving Long weekend? Craptastic. With my luck I'll be out of town:( I wonder if Erica Durance will marry me? I mean, I know her husband probably is better looking richer and smarter than me, but no way does he have more transformers;)

Robimus
08-10-2008, 11:51 PM
A little programming update.

Charlie Adler, the voice of Movie Starscream and Beast Wars Silverbolt, will be offering a four hour Voice acting course at the ComicCon on Sunday Oct 12th, in addition to signing autograph's and the like. Cost is $75 dollars, and could be well worth it for any aspiring actors as Charlie's career goes all the way back to the smurfs. :) I'm sure it will be very informative and interesting.

www.manitobacomiccon.com (http://www.manitobacomiccon.com) for more details!

Robimus
08-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Coming up soon! Get ready!:cool: Book your time off works now as not to be dissapointed.....

Robimus
09-05-2008, 04:23 AM
Just over a month to go!

Couple promo's:

Superhero Social
October 11, 8pm till 2 am
Corner of York and Smith
Tickets $10

Also there might still be tickets left for the black tie dinner, and seats still available at Charlie Adlers table...I might snatch some myself :p Check the website for details.

www.manitobacomiccon.com (http://www.manitobacomiccon.com)

Oh, yeah. My Buy/Sell/Trade will likely be updated in the near future(hopefully tomorrow), with a taste of stuff to be available in October.......

Haggis
09-09-2008, 01:29 PM
I just got of the phone with the wife , becuase we head to sask. during thanksgiving, but this year she said we can stay for teh convention! Glee. this will be my 3rd straight year going!

And I heard my friends at PNP games will be there (thou they not TF realated)

Aernaroth
09-09-2008, 11:06 PM
We're looking for volunteers to help promote TFcon and Cybertron.ca at the Manitoba Comic-con on October 11th and 12th, 2008, in Winnipeg.

If you're in the area, or already planning on going, and would like to help out, let me know!

Haggis
09-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Pick up my tickets today! Going to do my Xmas shopping at the con. I love my comic book nerd friends!

Robimus
09-27-2008, 12:18 PM
Right on, hope I see you there Haggis :)

Tickets are available at ticket master, $7.50 per day or $12 for the weekend.

Just for comparisons sake, Calgary Expo was a similar sized event with way less celebrity guests and no gaming area's and its admission was $20 per day. For an event of this size the Manitoba Comiccon is an excellent value!:)

14 days to go. Be there, its gonna be just.....Prime :D

Robimus
10-08-2008, 01:15 AM
Like three days to go now :D !!!!!!!

Charlie Adler is coming to town and Niteowl, Robimus and Skinsquad will all be in attendance :p Maybe we can get a Cybertron.ca group photo or something....

Edit: In a late addition I've just learned that Levar Burton has been added to the show as a guest 10-2 on Sunday only. Star Trek is getting some great represetation this year.

JaySmith
10-08-2008, 02:13 AM
Star Trek is getting some great represetation this year.

Screw Star Trek, it's Reading Rainbow he's known for! :p

CTO15
10-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Screw Star Trek, it's Reading Rainbow he's known for! :p

but don't take his word for it...ba da dah

Robimus
10-10-2008, 12:17 AM
Set up and dinner with the Stars tomorrow!

Be listening for the variety of radio spots on multiple stations. There will be comercials, interviews and the like all over the place this weekend.:)

Robimus
10-11-2008, 01:49 AM
Today and Tomorrow!!!!:) :D :eek: :) :D

A_U_T_O_B_O_T
10-11-2008, 10:34 PM
My haul...

- Adler autograph. (I asked if he would reprise his role in TF2 and he claimed that he wasn't allowed to say anything...which pretty much means yes)

...sadly the rest was a CGC'd comic, an autographed comic by Jeph Loeb and Earthbound for $75. I love that game.

Benzo
10-12-2008, 10:42 PM
my small haul

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/Benzo/HPIM1616.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/Benzo/HPIM1617.jpg

niteowl
10-13-2008, 02:24 AM
great weekend.
thanks to all you guys who came.
great to see so many board members at the show.
great to see charlie adler,
that guy was so nice.

crimbot
10-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Had a blast. Got to talk to Robimus and Skinsquad a bit, didn't see anyone else there. Except for Sexy Sexy Erica. Also picked up a nice little haul!
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b311/crimbot/IMG_5513.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b311/crimbot/IMG_5511.jpg

Robimus
10-13-2008, 12:52 PM
So the Manitoba Comiccon has come and gone for another year. It was an amazing show, great guests, awesome dealer area, lottsa photo ops........and Erica couldn't stop talking about Crimbot after he left:p

The show started with my family stuck in an elevator for over an hour :( That aside everything was faboulous. Got to chat with Crimbot, niteowl, skinsquad, noodle, leozak and more :D

Charlie Adler was an awesome guest, check for my informal interview with Mr. Adler in a soon to be created thread.

Robimus
10-13-2008, 12:56 PM
More Pictures:

niteowl
10-13-2008, 02:45 PM
yeah sorry to here about the elevator,
i had to hear about it ALL the way up the stairs :P
i am just glad that it did not scare your girl.

edit: sorry forgot to add the "not" in the last sentence.

Benzo
10-13-2008, 02:45 PM
great pics rob!

Robimus
10-13-2008, 04:15 PM
Actually the elevator thing ended up kinda funny.....Jeremy Bulloch included the incident as an imprompto acting scetch during his presentation. :)

niteowl
10-13-2008, 05:43 PM
i missed that,
that must have been hilarious to anyone
in on the injoke.

i wish i ended up stuck in the elevator,
.... with erica durance.
actually,
elevator (me + erica durance - david palffy) = :)
she is SO much prettier in person.
and taller!

skinsquad
10-13-2008, 05:45 PM
she is SO much prettier in person.
and taller!

Yes, she is!

crimbot
10-14-2008, 11:43 AM
Way taller than I had figured!
Somebody saaaaaaave meeeeee!:)

Robimus
11-03-2008, 05:42 PM
The Official Attendance figures are in.

Paid attendance was 16,547 over the two days.

Add the 1400 Dealers, Artists, Volunteers n'such and the total count was 17, 947 people wandering around the Manitoba Comiccon.

Amazing crowd :D

Robimus
11-12-2008, 02:56 PM
Sounds like Mr.Bulloch had a great time at the Con. He updated his website with the details of his trip to Winnipeg.:)

http://www.jeremybulloch.com/

Robimus
01-26-2009, 03:29 AM
Some big news on the Convention front this week!

The Manitoba Comic Con is now renamed the Central Canada Comic Con! The new website is up!

http://www.cccomiccon.com/

Peter Mayhew(Chewbacca) has been added to the guest list which already included Adam West and Dirk Benedict.

Also pictures with the traditional Batmobile will be available for purchase in the vehicle area!

Also don't forget River City Collectors Expo April 18th and 19th at the Canad Inns Fort Garry. $4 gets you in the door for both days!

I've got my table and hope to see you there!

Robimus
03-13-2009, 01:36 AM
Julie Newmar, the original Cat Woman, has been added to the guest list for October.:)

Robimus
03-27-2009, 12:40 AM
Here's a Youtube Add (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk48rZTRk5o) for this years Con.:)

Also Tickets are now officially onsale at Ticket Master (http://www.ticketmaster.ca/Central-Canada-Comic-Con-tickets/artist/1300462) as of today.

My tables for both April and October are paid so I hope to see ya all there.:)

Sideswipe
03-27-2009, 01:01 AM
will there be any tf exclusives?

Robimus
03-27-2009, 01:29 AM
Not at this time, not even a TF guest at this time, though guests are still being added. We've got a Batman theme going this year.

There are numerous Transformers dealers going to be there though, including many of our Manitoba Cybertron Members.:)

JaySmith
03-27-2009, 01:44 AM
Am I reading this right? It'll be taking place on April 3rd - 5th?

Robimus
03-27-2009, 03:21 PM
Where did you see that? Just wondering cause I'll edit it out if I have a wrong date somewhere.

October 30th and 31st is the Comiccon.

The River City Toy Expo is April 18 and 19

JaySmith
03-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Where did you see that? Just wondering cause I'll edit it out if I have a wrong date somewhere.

October 30th and 31st is the Comiccon.

The River City Toy Expo is April 18 and 19

haha MY BAD! The fact that tickets go on sale April 1st confused the hell out of me. lol I should have known better! :o

Robimus
04-18-2009, 01:20 AM
Be sure to attend the River City Collectors Expo!

The River City Collectors Expo is fast approaching - be sure not to miss out on the best toys, games, and comics Winnipeg has to offer all under one roof!

It will be held on Saturday and Sunday, April 18th and 19th, at Canad Inns Fort Garry, 1824 Pembina Highway, Winnipeg Manitoba. Admission is only $4 at the door - a great value!

10-5 both days! Hope to see ya there!

Robimus
04-18-2009, 09:48 PM
Some pics of what was still available at close today. Lots of time to get in on the fun. 10-5 Sunday!

noodle
04-19-2009, 02:09 AM
I found it humorous that niteowl, Robimus AND skinsquad had their dealer tables side by side today... Cybertron.ca Winnipeg board members definetely ran that lil' corner of the dealer rooms! :D

Robimus
04-19-2009, 08:37 PM
I suspect that wasn't an accident, but I couldn't get niteowl to fess up;)

Fun show this weekend. at least 7 or 8 Cybertron members rolled through.

Lets see there was me, niteowl, skinsquad, noodle, noodle's brother(whose user name I forget...sorry:o), Skotokan Dragon, Alt Fan, Sky Ride, Voltus 5 and probably more I'm forgetting:o

Good times!

onecoin
04-23-2009, 07:37 AM
I was looking news about this? How was it?

Robimus
05-28-2009, 12:20 AM
I was looking news about this? How was it?

A belated answer, but it was a lot of fun. :)

Also it sounds like a few tables are still left for the Comic Con over Halloween weekend. If your interested get your payment in soon:)

onecoin
05-28-2009, 01:11 AM
A belated answer, but it was a lot of fun. :)

Also it sounds like a few tables are still left for the Comic Con over Halloween weekend. If your interested get your payment in soon:)

I heard good and bad about it. Glad you guys had fun.

LOL. No table for me thanks, but I will be there. I would like to know which dealers are gonna be there ahead of time? I can't find any info like that on the site. Not gonna miss big show, plus I'm gonna register for the SF4 tourney.

Robimus
05-28-2009, 01:18 AM
I'll get info on the dealers and post it in the thread sometime over the next couple months.

I know that myself and Carlo will be there, as well as Raven Collectibles of course(They are the promoters), but I'll get a more solid list after I talk to Mike next time I get out to his shop.

There are a few dealers I'm hoping to see that usually have Transformers type stuff that didn't come to the April show.

Robimus
06-04-2009, 07:59 PM
So a big confirmation today for Transformers fans. Alex Milne, artist of many recent IDW titles like Spotlight Arcee, Megatron Origins and Reign of Starscream will be at the Central Canada Comic Con.

Big props to Mike and Violet on bringing him in. :)

Also Horror Artist Tommy Castillo has been added as well.

Here's a Youtube Add (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk48rZTRk5o) for this years Con.:)

Also Tickets are now officially onsale at Ticket Master (http://www.ticketmaster.ca/Central-Canada-Comic-Con-tickets/artist/1300462) as of today

onecoin
06-21-2009, 03:26 AM
Does he have any TFcon Liths lefts?

Robimus
06-28-2009, 12:45 AM
Comic Con is holding a Garage Sale to raise funds for The Rainbow Society!
When: July 18th
Where: 188 St. Mary's Rd.
Time: 8am - 4pm
We still need more donations of stuff! The more stuff the better this sale will be!
If you need us to come and pick up stuff, call 832-4671 to set up a time.
Otherwise drop off location is 214 St. Mary's Rd.

Robimus
07-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Re posted from the C4 forum:

We're in need of some enthusiastic volunteers for this year's con!
The Gig:
- Help us out in various areas at the con like info, registration, programming, greeting, attractions, artist alley, gaming, programming, and more!
- Volunteer shifts are 4 - 5 hours long, and you get a 15 min. break for each shift you work.
- If you're working during something you wanna see, just let us know, we can have others hold down the fort while you enjoy the con!
- Get points for each hour you work, which will make you eligble for awesome prizes!
- Each volunteer gets a free t-shirt, access to our hospitality room and a discounted pass to the con for the weekend!
- On Sunday morning we do the big volunteer appreciation, stay tuned for details on that!
- To find out which shifts and areas we still need people for, please contact info@cccomiccon.com.

If your a cybertron member please PM myself or niteowl as we're looking for some people to help out with various Transformer related volunteer jobs.:)

Robimus
07-07-2009, 12:54 AM
Does he have any TFcon Liths lefts?

Yes and they will be available at the Con.:)

onecoin
07-07-2009, 01:03 AM

OMG yes!

Robimus
07-12-2009, 11:04 PM
Just a reminder, coming up this coming Saturday :)

Comic Con is holding a Garage Sale to raise funds for The Rainbow Society!
When: July 18th
Where: 188 St. Mary's Rd.
Time: 8am - 4pm
We still need more donations of stuff! The more stuff the better this sale will be!
If you need us to come and pick up stuff, call 832-4671 to set up a time.
Otherwise drop off location is 214 St. Mary's Rd.

Also we have some more guest additions to announce. Three wrestling superstars have added their considerable weight to C4!

The Honkey Tonk Man, Jerry Lawler and Virgil are on their way to C4 this year! Come on out and say hello to them this October!

punchXcounterpunch
07-13-2009, 03:35 AM

SICKKK!!!

onecoin
07-13-2009, 03:43 AM
The Honkey Tonk Man, Jerry Lawler and Virgil are on their way to C4 this year! Come on out and say hello to them this October!

Oh I'll do better than say hello.

Robimus
08-05-2009, 08:08 PM
If anyone has some idea's they think might work for our local Cybertron.ca Collectors Club table at the Con please shoot me a PM.

The table is going to be right next to Alex Milne's and is going to be used to push our local events like the River City Collectors Expo, Shycon(Winnipeg's newest Anime Convention) as well as TFCon, Cybertron.ca and Actionfigurenews.ca.

Also if anyone knows where I can get some Transformers Happy Meal Toys(Any line, even older Beasties or Cybertron stuff) cheap please lemme know.

I'm hoping to put together some Halloween Goodie bags for kids that come through the Con.

I've made a start but am looking for much more. The cheaper the better of course. :)

Donations would be awesome as well if anyone has old stuff like this they are looking to unload.:)

Robimus
08-14-2009, 11:52 PM
I put a couple of Alex Milne's works up over at the C4 forums. www.cccomiccon.com (http://www.cccomiccon.com)

C4 also added a couple more cool comic authors of late. Howard Chaykin(Marvel Star Wars) and Bob Layton(Iron Man past and present).

As well former Wrestling Star, Bushwacker Luke, looks to be making an appearance now as well.

Maybe we'll have a battle royal.:D

Robimus
08-19-2009, 09:43 PM
Did you know that our comic book guest of honor Marv Wolfman has a few other writing credits on his resume.

Generation One:

The Return of Optimus Prime Part One(Co-Writer)
The Return of Optimus Prime Part Two(Co-Writer)

Beast Wars: (Credited as a writer on the Alliance Giant Tiger Release)

The Probe(Writer)

Beast Machines: (Credited with the entire series outline plus)

#3 Fires of the Past
#8 Revelations Part Two
#11 The Key
#16 Proetheus Unbound
#17 In Darkest Knight

Come out an ask Marv about his Transformers work at C4 this Halloween Weekend!

Robimus
08-23-2009, 11:59 PM
Just a small update. Jerry Lawler, due to personal reasons, will be unable to attend C4.:(

Tickets are now on sale through Ticket Master or at Raven, Galaxy Comics, Comic Factory, Face Off and Pendragon Games for $18 each.

Robimus
09-02-2009, 09:10 AM
Exhibitors

This Year's Exhibitors (http://www.cccomiccon.com/exhibitors/this-years-exhibitors)

In the Exhibitor's Hall, you'll find toys, games, books, art, videos, figurines, and comics galore! The Exhibitor's Hall is host to more than 100 different businesses and collectors with thousands of items available for purchase. Local, national and international businesses come from all around to gather in one place at C4.
If you're looking for that last comic book to complete your collection or your favourite action figure you used to play with as a kid, you can find it in the Exhibitor's Hall!

List of Exhibitors
Coscom Entertainment
Machine Interface
Barony de Castel Rouge
Comics 2 Die 4
King Naboo
Planet of Sound
Galaxy Comics
Comic Cave
Game Knight
Pop N Eye Collectibles
Dream Gifts
Grumble Toy
Bob's Bargain Comics
Dark Sith Collectibles
Evolution Collectibles
Face Off Spirts Cards and Gaming
Ferd's Comics
Irben Entertainment
The Book Man
Little Star Gifts
Nerman's Books
Nouveaura
Pendragon Games & Hobbies
PNP
Pop Culture Collectibles
Raven Toys, Comics & Games
Argy's Collectibles
Id-Collectables
Velocity Jewelry
Allan Gilles
Comix 2 Die For
McNally Robinson
Xtreme Tactics
Oriental Gifts
MTC Toys
Wizard Comics
Fastball Sportscards
Pennywise Books
Artist Emporium
Hood Hoprz
U Putz Mini Golf
Gorilla Jack Inc
Rio Dayne Inc.
Otaku Entertainment
1,000,000 Comix Inc.
Zeppelin Comics

Clubs
STW
Keycon 10
Corecon
Celestial Wholigans
Society of Strategic Gaming
Manitoba Airsoft Association
6th Combat Battle Group
Fencing Club
Cybertron.ca

Robimus
09-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Who will become Winnipeg’s Miss C4 Hero and Miss C4 Villain? Who will be named Miss C4 2009/2010?? It could be YOU!

For a chance to show off your costume, the Central Canada Comic Con is looking for female heroes and villains (custom, cosplay or popular characters) to compete in this year’s Miss C4 Contest!

The Perks:
Local Media Coverage of the Event
Tiara and Gift Basket Valued at $500 for the contestant named Miss C4 09/10!

Runner Up Sash and Gift Basket Valued at $300 for the 2nd Place Winner!

Special Thank You Prizes for all who participate in the contest!

Send us an e-mail at info@cccomiccon.com to sign up now!

Leozak
09-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Hey Rob, is there a place where we can display pieces of our collection being that it's a cybertron.ca collector's area? :p

Robimus
09-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Hey Rob, is there a place where we can display pieces of our collection being that it's a cybertron.ca collector's area? :p

Yes.:)

We're working on trying to get some customs/repaints on display. As well if you have any rare/unique items that could add to the ambiance they would be very welcome.

I'd love to have a standup or two available for photo-ops for people.

We're either going to have shelving behind the table or a sealed display on the table at this point

Either way the public won't be handling the items and the table volunteers are all people I can personally vouch for so I have no worries there.

What I think could work very well is some kind of Display Case(Even an upside down Aquarium if anyone has one thats not in use) right on the table.

I'm of course open to ideas as well.:)

Robimus
09-11-2009, 12:32 AM
Thanks to Cybertron member Slythe we now have a few more Transformers Happy Meal Toys to hand out at C4.

The count has reached 20 thus far:)

DayoftheDead
09-15-2009, 10:22 AM
Hey Rob,

Any updates on more guests at C4?

I'm hoping a few more big name artists and comic creators will be there. Maybe even some Battlestar Galactica cast.

Robimus
09-15-2009, 11:25 AM
I suspect the guest list is set at this point.

If C4 gets a last minute offer it can't refuse something could change but mostly I'd just suggest getting me a list of who you would like to see next year so we get the names to the promoter early on.

Thanks.

Robimus
09-20-2009, 11:45 PM
C4 news:

Photo Ops with the Batmobile are going to be 100% Free of charge! Just bring your camera and someone to snap your picture!

A Street Fighter 4 Tournament is planned for the video gaming area with great prizes still to be announced!

Our 1st of two Video Rooms will be featuring the complete G1 Transformers Cartoon Series all convention long! All Transformers, all the time!

Also I've secured use of a nice glass display fixture to use as a display case for the Cybertron Manitoba Club Table...Now I just need some custom figures to put in it!

Benzo
09-21-2009, 05:53 PM
man I can't wait for this! I just need to figure out what I'm going wear since C4 starts on Halloween.

Robimus
10-01-2009, 01:59 AM
Just wanted to mention that C4 got a nice little plug in the Cybertron.ca Podcast by GMFan101, Code of Honor, Protoman and Aernaroth.(Sorry if I missed somebody :o).

Thanks guys :)

GMfan
10-01-2009, 03:33 AM
Just wanted to mention that C4 got a nice little plug in the Cybertron.ca Podcast by GMFan101, SoundwaveCA, Protoman and Aernaroth.(Sorry if I missed somebody :o).

Well Ryan (soundwaveCA) wasn't on that episode, Gord (Code of Honor) was the fourth :P

and hey, looks like it's a great show, wish I could make it ;)

Robimus
10-01-2009, 03:37 AM
Sorry, Code of Honor. It's tough to remember all the names with the user names.......:D

GMfan
10-01-2009, 03:48 AM
What's my name? :P

Protoman
10-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Just wanted to mention that C4 got a nice little plug in the Cybertron.ca Podcast by GMFan101, Code of Honor, Protoman and Aernaroth.(Sorry if I missed somebody :o).

Hey man, you got Adam West, that alone is mad props......... I want Adam West =(

Robimus
10-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Special Offers for Kids!

We've got lots of special offers for kids attending the 2009 Central Canada Comic Con.
We're pleased to announce that all current members of Scouts Canada, Girl Guides of Canada, and Cadets under 15 years of age will get into the convention FREE if they attend in uniform and are accompanied by an adult!

http://www.cccomiccon.com/images/52.jpg

Free Youth Passes have also been distributed to Big Brothers Big Sisters. Youth under 15 may get into the convention free when accompanied by an adult.
Plus...
Children of all ages are invited to Safe Trick-or-Treating on Saturday, October 31st during the convention. Candy stations will be located throughout the convention. Feel free to come in costume and avoid bad weather and traffic!

Robimus
10-15-2009, 01:19 AM
So we're just about two weeks out from the Con and things are coming together nicely.

Programming schedules are up on the C4 website www.cccomiccon.com (http://www.cccomiccon.com) and the Cybertron.ca table is going to be kinda neat. We've got flyers for TFCon, AFN and TFW2005 to hand out as well as toys and candy for the kids on Halloween day:)

GMfan
10-15-2009, 01:24 AM
I want pictures of the Cybertron.ca table ;)

Robimus
10-15-2009, 10:20 PM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3229/3020868050_073eafe6af.jpg
IS COMING TO C4!

Thanks to shotokandragon, you can check out this plus other customs at the Cybertron.ca collectors table at C4!

Benzo
10-15-2009, 10:33 PM
damn that's sweet looking! gonna make sure I have my camera fully charged for C4 :)

Robimus
10-22-2009, 11:02 AM
The Arena will be packed with exciting action demonstrations like sword fighting and martial arts! If it's full of excitment, it's in the arena!
Friday Mainstage
6:00-8pm Miss C4 Contest

Saturday Mainstage
11Am 12pm Vigil, The Honky Tonk Man & Bushwacker Luke
1pm –2pm Julie Newmar
2:30-3:30 Peter Mayhew
4:00-6:00 C4 Costume Contest

Saturday Arena Programming
11:00-12:00 SCA
12:00-1:00 Illumnari Dance
1:00-2:00 Excalibur Fencing Club
2:00-3:00 The Sons of Lugh
3:00 - 4:00 6th Combat Battle Group Air Soft Demo
4:00-5:00 Martial Arts Group
5:00-6:00 Excalibur Fencing Club

Saturday Workshops

11:00-12:00 Blake Smith's Model Kit Demo
12:00-12:30 Anime Club Workshop
12:30-1:00 Anime Club Workshop
1:00-2:00 Echo Chernik's Fantasy Art Workshop
2:00-3:00 Comic Writer's Workshop (Howard Chaykin, etc.)
3:00-4:00 Lucie Brouillard's Body Painting Workshop
4:00-5:00 Tommy Castillo's The Art of Horror Workshop
5:00-6:00 Gordon Purcell's Comic Art Workshop

Sunday Mainstage
11:00-12:30 World of Comics
1:00-2:00 Dirk Benedict
2:30-4:00 Adam West

4:30-6:00 Art Auction

Sunday Arena Programming
11:00-12:00 6th Combat Battle Group Air Soft Demo
12:00-1:00 Excalibur Fencing
1:00-2:00 SCA
2:00-3:00 TBA
3:00 - 4:00 Swords Demo
4:00-5:00 Illumnari Dance
5:00-5:45 The Sons of Lugh
Sunday Workshops
11:00-11:30 Anime Club Workshop
11:30-12:00 Anime Club Workshop
12:00-1:00 Blake Smith's Model Kits Demo
1:00-2:00 Ian Sokoliwski/Jamie Isfeld Artist Alley Workshop
2:00-2:30 Mara Campbell's Furry Costuming
2:30-3:00 Tyler Bancroft's Web Comics
3:00-4:00 Amul Kumar's Art Photography
4:00-5:00 TBA

Endersrun
10-23-2009, 11:12 AM
Dude, this looks to be really awesome!!!! I'm jealous!

Robimus
10-27-2009, 02:57 AM
You can catch a special showing of Night of the Living Dead hosted by Horror Artist Tommy Castillo tomorrow night. Check the website for details.

Only 3 days to go!

Aernaroth
10-27-2009, 10:40 AM
Have a great show!

Robimus
10-28-2009, 10:48 AM
I'm just working on the signage for the Cybertron.ca table :D

2 days to go!

crimbot
10-28-2009, 12:44 PM
Hey Rob, whats the cybertron.ca table all about?
I'm pretty sure I''ll make it out to the con, look forward to seeing you, and whoever else might be there!

Haggis
10-28-2009, 04:22 PM
I'll defenatly be there and i'll come visit teh table for sure

Robimus
10-28-2009, 10:58 PM
Hey Rob, whats the cybertron.ca table all about?
I'm pretty sure I''ll make it out to the con, look forward to seeing you, and whoever else might be there!

Cutoms will be on display, as well as TFCon/TFW/Cybertron.ca advertisements, information on how to get to Transformers related events and guests at the Con, toys and candy for the kids and maybe whatever else I can think of between now and Friday.:cool:

Robimus
10-30-2009, 10:44 AM
Starts today!

I'll post up some pics later on.:)

Robimus
10-30-2009, 11:20 PM
All the guests are in and Alex Milne is wowing the masses! An excellent first day.

Benzo
10-31-2009, 07:01 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/Benzo/Transformers/SDC10041.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/Benzo/Transformers/SDC10040-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/Benzo/Transformers/SDC10039.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/Benzo/Transformers/SDC10038-1.jpg

Robimus
10-31-2009, 09:12 PM
Nice job Benzo, saves me some uploads :cool:

Last day tomorrow and noodle and leozak still have some G1 and Classics figures to unload.:)

Leozak
10-31-2009, 10:02 PM
Listen to Rob and buy our stuff! :P

BTW, any chance for a cybertron.ca photo tomorrow?

shotokandragon
10-31-2009, 10:12 PM
ya that would be awesome for a photo shoot tomorrow, but I'll be there around 4ish

skinsquad
10-31-2009, 11:18 PM
Everyone cool with meeting at the Cybertron table at 6ish?

shotokandragon
10-31-2009, 11:41 PM
Cool with me

crimbot
11-01-2009, 02:22 PM
6 today? Is that what time it closes?

Aernaroth
11-01-2009, 04:43 PM
That is a rockin table. I expect to hear lots of stories about the show.

Benzo
11-01-2009, 04:57 PM
Everyone cool with meeting at the Cybertron table at 6ish?

I think I might be able to come!

Benzo
11-01-2009, 09:31 PM
top row from the left: leozak, skinsquad, Alex Milne, Scrapper6, Noodle, Robimus, Crimbot, Benzo, niteowl
bottom row from the left: shotokandragon, UltraLukas, Starscream116

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/Benzo/Transformers/SDC10060.jpg

Leozak
11-01-2009, 10:49 PM
I can't believe noodle actually faced the other way for it.. we joked about him doing that earlier, lol!

It's a very nice pic, though.. makes the internet seem smaller and finally put a face to a name :)

Robimus
11-01-2009, 11:34 PM
I can still see noodle's face :p

Best Con ever this weekend guys.

Thanks to all of you for coming out, and a special thanks to Starscream116, Lukas, Scrapper6 and shotokandragon for all your help with the Cybertron table this weekend. You guys made that table possible.

Thanks again!

noodle
11-02-2009, 01:59 AM
top row from the left: leozak, skinsquad, Alex Milne, Scrapper6, Robimus, Noodle, Crimbot, Benzo, niteowl
bottom row from the left: shotokandragon, a new guy(not yet a member here), Starscream116

... i think you mean Scrapper6, noodle THEN Robimus. :p

Benzo
11-02-2009, 08:39 AM
... i think you mean Scrapper6, noodle THEN Robimus. :p

fixed! lol

Scrapper6
11-02-2009, 08:41 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/Benzo/Transformers/SDC10041.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/Benzo/Transformers/SDC10040-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/Benzo/Transformers/SDC10039.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/Benzo/Transformers/SDC10038-1.jpg

Awww hell no, now why'd someone have to go and take a picture like that? DANG, shows off my slowly going bald, bald spot. :( I hate MPB.

:D Fun Con though, and I'm really happy I got a picture of Sky Bite from the man himself, one of a kind, most expensive thing I'll probably ever own as a collector. Seeing as how it's an original made just for me.

Well, it's Monday, today I'm getting a frame for my little friend and I'm going to take numerous photos... Now, if only my rapidshare account still works. Then I can proudly show off my haul, yep it was a great Con.

GMfan
11-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Tinypic.com

They even size it for message boards and all you have to do is copy and paste the IMG line they gives ya ;)

Robimus
11-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Tinypic.com

They even size it for message boards and all you have to do is copy and paste the IMG line they gives ya ;)

The pics in here are smaller than every picture in the Post Your Hauls thread. I'm not sure whats been done wrong?

Robimus
11-02-2009, 02:14 PM
So I want to send some shout outs to everyone I can think of that rolled through C4 this weekend.

Notably of course I want to thank Alex Milne for giving us a true Transformers VIP guest(even if I couldn't get you into the VIP Guest Hospitality Suite Alex, believe me I tried :mad: (Adam West was apparently concerned that other guest had germs or something, lol).

Alex was easily the highlight of my part of the Convention and I know all the crew at the Cybertron table had a great time.

I don't think Alex spent even 10 minutes away from his table all weekend as he worked feverously to complete the many, many commisions requested by the fans.

Alex sold out of TFCon prints on Saturday afternoon and his TFCon print in the Art Auction went for $25, with all the procedes going to charity.

And someone thought Lukas(the new guy in our picture) was Alex's brother, lol.

Pennywise Books from Brandon was selling the TFTM 2007 Trade Paperback for $1 a pop in the dealer area, so once this was discovered I think Alex's hand might have gotten worn out signing all those books. And Pennywise still has lots left for next year too(apparenty they had over a hundred copies at the start of the Con.)

Cybertron.ca Members who rolled through the Con: Benzo, crimbot, skinsquad, niteowl, noodle, leozak, Slythe, DayoftheDead, Scrapper6, Robimus, shotokandragon, starscream116, Voltus 5, Haggis and CTO15. (If I missed anyone I'll edit you into the list;)).

And I forgot to get a Canadian Slag print from Alex.......

In addition, with myself as the brave and fearless leader, Starscream116, Lukas and Alex got briefly lost in the Convention Center on Friday night, lol.:p But we did find our way out eventually.:D

Great Con this year, the best we've had thus far and I'm sure great things will be on the menu for 2010!

The Klingon Belly Dancers were very dedicated. I think they spend over two hours dancing in the Con arena :p

Robimus
11-02-2009, 02:17 PM

Robimus
11-02-2009, 02:26 PM

kreutz013
11-02-2009, 03:33 PM
top row from the left: leozak, skinsquad, Alex Milne, Scrapper6, Noodle, Robimus, Crimbot, Benzo, niteowl
bottom row from the left: shotokandragon, a new guy(not yet a member here), Starscream116

WoW
You guys are way older than me. Hahahaha
Sorry if I wasn't able to come because of work.
Anyways, I'll go next year for sure!

Leozak
11-02-2009, 05:46 PM
We may look older but we're still kids :P

JaySmith
11-02-2009, 05:51 PM
So disappointed that I couldn't make it out this year, but then again, it's probably better for my wallet. lol

Starscream116
11-02-2009, 06:03 PM
We had a blast! Plus getting to talk with Alex Milne was pretty sweet! Looking forwrd to next year already!

shotokandragon
11-02-2009, 10:30 PM
I had a blast this year. The set up was nice overall two thumbs up. It was nice to see some familiar faces and some new ones at the cybertron.ca table.
Can't wait to till next year, gotta go the paint brushes are waiting;)

JLvatron
11-03-2009, 10:51 AM
I can't believe noodle actually faced the other way for it.. we joked about him doing that earlier, lol!

That is hila-RI-ous!

(even if I couldn't get you into the VIP Guest Hospitality Suite Alex, believe me I tried :mad: (Adam West was apparently concerned that other guest had germs or something, lol).

I don't think Alex spent even 10 minutes away from his table all weekend as he worked feverously to complete the many, many commisions requested by the fans.

Feverously?? :confused:
Your choice of words only confirms the Batman's concerns. Tee-Hee!
Sounds awesome, dude! :cool:

JLvatron
11-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Great Con this year, the best we've had thus far and I'm sure great things will be on the menu for 2010!

Awesome pic with Honky Tonk, Virgil/Vincent/Shane, & Cousin Luke! Did they all charge $10/Autograph and $20/pic?

Attendance fee of $4 is such a steal. Good job! :)

Robimus
11-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Admission to the Con was $20 for a weekend pass, I think you glanced at the River City Toy Expo price from April.

It cost $30($10 a peice) for the picture with all three wrestlers.

Honky and Luke actually did a really cool Q & A where Honky talked about his Elvis suits. He apparently has only three suits left. A $10,000 one, an $8500 one and a $3500 one(seen in picture). The tailor who made them passed on some time ago, but they are actually loaded with somekind of fancy Swarvarski crystals or something......

Bushwacker Luke then added that his whole ensemble only cost $65 at Army and Navy:p

JLvatron
11-03-2009, 01:17 PM
Admission to the Con was $20 for a weekend pass, I think you glanced at the River City Toy Expo price from April.

It cost $30($10 a peice) for the picture with all three wrestlers.

Honky and Luke actually did a really cool Q & A where Honky talked about his Elvis suits. He apparently has only three suits left. A $10,000 one, an $8500 one and a $3500 one(seen in picture). The tailor who made them passed on some time ago, but they are actually loaded with somekind of fancy Swarvarski crystals or something......

Bushwacker Luke then added that his whole ensemble only cost $65 at Army and Navy:p

Oh, sorry. :o
$30 total for the picture is better than the $20 I paid Honky in Montreal ('twas worth it). I can't believe how expensive those suits were!

How was Cousin Luke's accent? And how was Virgil? Did he have a Million $ belt?

Robimus
11-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Luke's accent was perfect, and Virgil didn't bring the Million Dollar Belt with him(or a replica).

That Million Dollar Belt is actually worth like $50,000. I saw an article where Dibease mentioned how they put a few real diamonds amoungst the fake ones just for whatever reason.:confused:

JLvatron
11-03-2009, 03:39 PM
Luke's accent was perfect, and Virgil didn't bring the Million Dollar Belt with him(or a replica).

That Million Dollar Belt is actually worth like $50,000. I saw an article where Dibease mentioned how they put a few real diamonds amoungst the fake ones just for whatever reason.:confused:

Wow! That's sad considering how little mileage that belt actually got. :rolleyes:

Did Luke do the Bushwacker walk? It was hilarious with their music in the background.:D
Any other info from Virgil?

Robimus
11-03-2009, 06:17 PM
I didn't see him do the walk, but I could have missed it. I was pretty busy between my dealer table and the Cybertron table.

Virgil I didn't really talk to.

Robimus
01-25-2010, 02:05 AM
Planning for 2010 is underway with three Cybertron.ca members on the C4 Board. Myself, Niteowl and DayoftheDead.

Rest assured we'll be pushing for something interesting Transformer wise.:D

Robimus
02-22-2010, 01:51 AM
C4 has announced its first celebrity guest for 2010!

Ray Park will be our Star Wars guest of honor this Halloween, 2010!

He's been Darth Maul, Snake Eyes, Edgar on NBC's Heroes and much, much more!

Come out and meet Ray this Oct 30,31 and Nov 1st at the Central Canada Comic Con!

Robimus
03-09-2010, 01:42 AM
The Winnipeg Toy and Collectors Expo is coming up Sunday March 21st at the Viscount Gort Hotel on Portage Avenue!

10am - 5pm.
$4 Admission

50 Tables of goodies to buy and dealers include Raven, Darkside Collectibles, Evolution, Machine Interface and many more...including myself:D

I've got quite a few G1 items coming with me at very reasonable prices.

Hope to see you there!

Scrapper6
03-12-2010, 12:32 PM
The Winnipeg Toy and Collectors Expo is coming up Sunday March 21st at the Viscount Gort Hotel on Portage Avenue!

10am - 5pm.
$4 Admission

50 Tables of goodies to buy and dealers include Raven, Darkside Collectibles, Evolution, Machine Interface and many more...including myself:D

I've got quite a few G1 items coming with me at very reasonable prices.

Hope to see you there!

Those wouldn't happen to include any of the stuff on my Want's list would they? :D

So I guess we'll be meeting up next Friday or so before the show on Sunday. PM me when it's closer to next week... Still got to get everything together... What's a good price for loose MotU figures individualy? I just don't know. :(

Robimus
03-18-2010, 11:00 AM
Collectors Expo this weekend. See ya there!

Robimus
03-29-2010, 09:35 AM
We're gonna start roling out the celebrity and artist guest announcements the next few weeks(at least the early list).

Announced thus far:

Ray Park - Actor Star Wars, X-Men, G.I.Joe
Tommy Castillo - Horror Artist
Marc Wolfe - Star Wars Artist
Dave McCaig - Artist and Colourist(Superman, Batman, Star Wars)

DayoftheDead
04-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Join us on Facebook too for additional announcements.

Speaking of which Rob, that page has announced some other guests, so I guess it's safe to announce them here...

Robimus
04-08-2010, 07:52 PM
Join us on Facebook too for additional announcements.

Speaking of which Rob, that page has announced some other guests, so I guess it's safe to announce them here...

It boogles my mind that the official C4 site keeps getting shot in the foot like this.:(

Robimus
04-08-2010, 09:03 PM
O-Tay :), now that I'm up to speed with who Facebook has announced lets get a list going here.:)

Celebrity Guests Thus Far
Ray Park - Darth Maul, Snake Eyes, Toad
Orli Shoshan - Jedi Master Shaak Ti from Star Wars
Ilya Salkind - Producer Suprman 1,2 & 3
Jack O'Halloran - Non- Superman 1 & 2

Comic Guests Thus Far
Tommy Castillo
Marc Wolfe
Alex Milne
Marcio Takara
Norm Breyfogle
Yannick Paquette
Dave McCaig

GMfan
04-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Celebrity Guests Thus Far
Ray Park - Darth Maul, Snake Eyes, Toad
Orli Shoshan - Jedi Master Shaak Ti from Star Wars

....I bet any Star Wars fan would have blast at this show...or at least get hard

Leozak
04-08-2010, 09:20 PM
Hey Rob, we need more female guests ;)

Robimus
04-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Well Orli is a model, and female.

www.orlishoshan.com (http://www.orlishoshan.com)

Leozak
04-08-2010, 09:24 PM
I meant, we need more!! :)

Robimus
04-20-2010, 02:56 AM
Andrew Wildman (Transformers, G.I.Joe) and Scott Kolins have been added to the artist alley for C4!

Thanks to everybody who lent their support toward getting Andrew onboard.:) He's a go!

Robimus
04-21-2010, 11:09 PM
Here's our official blurb :)

General Information about Central Canada Comic Con
- Fastest growing event in Canada! In 2006, the convention received 3000 attendees, 11,000 in 2007 and a whopping 16,500 in 2008! In 2009 the Central Canada Comic Con reached an attendance of 18,000! In 2010, we are expecting an attendance of 20,000!
- Our Advertising Campaign is one of the most expansive for an event of our calibre. We send posters and handbills out to every store in Canada, and to stores in the US that reach our catchment area. (Our Catchment is anywhere within a 15hr drive of Winnipeg, MB.) In addition to this we run newspaper, radio, magazine, and digital display ads around Winnipeg.
- C4 is an all ages family event! This year we are supporting our Local School Libraries to help them raise funds to buy more graphic novels and books for kids to read. Posters and handbills go to the schools so all the students know about our event!
- Our event also has great exposure on the internet. Currently if a person searches for “comic con” via Google, we will show up first on the 2nd page! With all the conventions out there, we have the top spot! Go ahead, test it out, and try searching for Sci-Fi Expo!
- Our theme for 2010 is Halloween! We’re looking forward to a wonderful year with a lot of top notch artists and guests that will surely please the fans.
- Gaming! We have the largest Gaming Event in Western Canada with 15,000sq. ft. of Gaming Space! Literally ALL kinds of games are played and we always have room for more Game Masters! If you would like to take part in the Gaming, please let us know!
- For more information on everything happening, go to www.cccomiccon.com (http://www.cccomiccon.com/)

Exhibitor Hall Rentals

Prices

Tables: 8’ x 30”

$185.00

Booths:10’ x 10’

$400.00

If you would like to reserve your booth by phone you can call Michael at Raven Toys at 231-8354 or 832-4671. Please leave a message and we'll respond as soon as we can.

Tables go fast, and we require 50% payment when you book, the other 50% by September 1st, 2010.

Nightscrabbler
04-24-2010, 01:18 AM
Saw a CBC story about Nimoy at C4. :)

Robimus
04-24-2010, 02:06 AM
Saw a CBC story about Nimoy at C4. :)

No, you must have seen one for Calgary Expo. Nimoy is there this weekend.

Robimus
05-31-2010, 01:13 AM
Here's a look at our first C4 poster for this year by artist Marc Wolfe. Looks real!

Robimus
06-01-2010, 08:44 AM
The Central Canada Comic Con has just released the name of its first voice acting guest for 2010 and it's a name familiar to Transformers fans.

Lee Tockar has voiced hundreds of different characters during his career including Beast Wars Ravage and General Ramhorn of the Tripredicus Council!

In addition to his work on Beast Wars one can currently hear Lee in shows like The League of Super Evil(Doktor Frogg), Johnny Test(Bling-Bling Boy), George of the Jungle(George) and many more.

Come out and meet Lee at C4 this Halloween!

Robimus
06-14-2010, 11:51 AM
C4's annual fundraising Garage Sale takes place next Saturday. Come out and say hi!

When: Saturday June 19th

Time: 9am to 4pm

Where: 181 St. Mary's Rd. (Nelson MacIntyre Parking Lot)

Robimus
06-14-2010, 09:53 PM
The C4 forum, which was down for a bit, is back up with an update of TFCon on there as well.

www.cccomiccon.com/forum (http://www.cccomiccon.com/forum)

Robimus
06-19-2010, 12:44 AM
C4's annual fundraising Garage Sale takes place next Saturday. Come out and say hi!

When: Saturday June 19th

Time: 9am to 4pm

Where: 181 St. Mary's Rd. (Nelson MacIntyre Parking Lot)

Quoted because its tomorrow!

Robimus
06-28-2010, 02:19 AM
Guest announcement tonight!

Garrett Wang!

http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad107/Robimus1/C4%20Guests/HarryKim.jpg

Robimus
07-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Check out this art, produced by Scott Kolins in honor of John Byrne, of Alpha Flight!

This is the art being used for C4's promotional flyers.

http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad107/Robimus1/KolinsArt003.jpg

Robimus
08-19-2010, 11:53 PM
http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad107/Robimus1/DasZombie.jpg

Check out Das Zombie and their Independent Feature Film, Denizens of the Dead, this year at C4!

Also unfortunatly due to some confusion Kevin Sorbo will not be attending C4 this year. Maybe next time.

Current Guest List:

Ray Park
Orli Shoshan
Jack O'Halloran
Garrett Wang
Lee Tockar

Andrew Wildman
Alex Milne
Norm Breyfogle
Scott Kolins
Marcio Takara
Mark Wolfe
Tommy Castillo
Sue Dawe
Sal Abbinanti
J. Torres
Yanick Paquette
Dave McCaig
Lovern Kindzierski
Chris Chuckery
Dirk Strangley
Echo Cherniak
Kim Brennan
Adam Foidart
Anthony Hary
Amul Kumar
Samantha Christiansen
Ian Sokoliwski
Robert Pasternak

Attractions:

Mandalorian Mercs
Das Zombie Productions
Absurd Machine Films
Illuminari Dance Crew
80's Retro Arcade
Sci-Fi Simulator Gaming
3 Video Rooms
Video Gaming Room
Workshops
Q & A's
Table Top Gaming

Tickets now available through Ticket Master and starting September 1st at all Mac's convienance stores across the province.

Robimus
09-09-2010, 01:09 AM
http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad107/Robimus1/Staab.jpg

C4 has added Rebecca Staab to the Celebrity Guest list. In addtion to appearing on dozens of different TV shows( Desperate House Wives, CSI New York, Bevery Hills 90210, Cheers, Martial Law, Criminal Minds, Seinfeld and many more) she also starred as Susan Storm in the now infamous 1994 Roger Corman version of the Fantastic Four.

Scrapper6
09-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Guest announcement tonight!

Garrett Wang!

http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad107/Robimus1/C4%20Guests/HarryKim.jpg

Darth Maul and Ensign Kim at the same convention! DAMN IT, I have to save some money for at least ONE of their Autographs... I expect it will mean waiting in a long line... perhaps I should re-consider my sales decisions and add some more stuff. HMMMM...

Robimus
09-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Darth Maul and Ensign Kim at the same convention! DAMN IT, I have to save some money for at least ONE of their Autographs... I expect it will mean waiting in a long line... perhaps I should re-consider my sales decisions and add some more stuff. HMMMM...

I bet the lines won't be too long and since you'll be there most the weekend you can cherry pick for the right moment.:)

Robimus
09-13-2010, 02:09 AM
Be sure to check out the C4 Sketch Card Charity Auction on Sunday Oct 31st! Lots of great peices will be available from artists all around the world. Here's a few samples.

http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad107/Robimus1/RavenPromo056.jpg

http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad107/Robimus1/RavenPromo062.jpg

http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad107/Robimus1/RavenPromo058.jpg

http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad107/Robimus1/RavenPromo059.jpg

Robimus
09-16-2010, 01:36 AM
Marvin Mariano has been added to the C4 Artist Alley! Marvin has done a lot of work of the years from working with DC, to designing characters for a variety of TV shows and designing concepts for toys and toy packaging.

He designed the Beast Machines character of Obsidian and his work can currently be seen n toy stores and departments everywhere as he has designed numerous toys for the Star Wars Crossovers toyline.

His most recent toy design to hit shelves is the Crossover Yoda Transformer.

http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad107/Robimus1/MarianoArt.jpg

Robimus
09-16-2010, 01:45 AM
So we've had a bunch of recent changes to the guest list. The additions of Rebecca Staab and Marvin Mariano as well as the unfortunate cancellations of Marc Wolfe and Sal Abinante. Here's the current lineup::

Ray Park
Orli Shoshan
Jack O'Halloran
Garrett Wang
Lee Tockar
Rebecca Staab

Andrew Wildman
Alex Milne
Norm Breyfogle
Scott Kolins
Marcio Takara
Tommy Castillo
Sue Dawe
Marvin Mariano
J. Torres
Yanick Paquette
Dave McCaig
Lovern Kindzierski
Chris Chuckery
Dirk Strangley
Echo Cherniak
Kim Brennan
Adam Foidart
Anthony Hary
Amul Kumar
Samantha Christiansen
Ian Sokoliwski
Robert Pasternak

Events:

Miss C4(Friday Night) - $500 Valued Top Prize plus Photo Shoot valued at $200
C4 Costume Contest - $1000 Valued Top Prize

Attractions:

Mandalorian Mercs
Das Zombie Productions
Absurd Machine Films
Illuminari Dance Crew
80's Retro Arcade(Pinball Games)
Sci-Fi Simulator
James Grant Productions(Magician)
Gaming
3 Video Rooms
Video Gaming Room
Workshops
Q & A's
Table Top Gaming
Celebrity Panels
and more!

Exclusives:

Drift #4 Alternate C4 Exclusive Cover by Alex Milne
C4 Lightsaber's(Limited to 100 pieces)
C4 Teddy Bears & T-Shirts

Fan Clubs:

Iacon North(Transformers)
The Celestial Who....ligans(Dr. Who)
Generations(Star Trek)
UMAnime(Anime)
Barony de Castelle Rouge(Period Costumes)
Air Soft Manitoba

Robimus
10-03-2010, 12:44 AM
With only a month to go I just thought I'd recap the Transformers aspects of C4.:)

Transformers related guests:

Alex Milne(IDW Transformers)
Andrew Wildman(Marvel Transformers)
Lee Tockar(Voice Beast Wars)
Marvin Mariano(Transformer Concept Artist)
Ray Park(Unknown Role in TFTM 3)

Transformers Features:

Drift #4 C4 Exclusive Cover by Alex Milne
Transformers Themed Program Cover by Alex Milne
Transformers Video Room
Iacon North Fan Club Table
Local Custom Painted/Build Transformers Display
Transformers Trivia Contest
TFCon Exclusive Night Bird Charity Auction Benefiting Draw The World Together
Transformers Dealer Tables
and more!

Once again this year Iacon North is pleased to be able to provide Transformers Toys to kids as part of the safe Halloween program!

Robimus
10-04-2010, 02:13 AM
http://www.cccomiccon.com/images/121.jpg

C4 has added Hollywood Stuntman(and one of the many men who has been behind the mask of Michael Myers) Jim Winburn to this years Con. (Yes, thats one of his scenes in the above photo)

Jim is primarily known as a Stuntman and has worked on over 500 films and televison series.

He was the stunt double for Michael Myers in the original Halloween. Everytime Michael Myers gets tossed or thrown or shot your looking at Jim Winburn under the mask!

He has also worked as a stuntman(and stunt driver) on notable films and TV series such as Tron, The Fog, Escape From New York, Glory, Colors, Knight Rider, Hunter, Magnum P.I. and hundreds more.

As well Fantasy Artist Nigel Sade has been added to the artist alley.

Robimus
10-16-2010, 01:21 AM
Wait until everyone sees what the Mandalorian Mercs have in store for C4.

They have built their own Carbonite Freezing Chamber(yeah its Movie Prop Calibur) complete with lights and fog.

It must be seen to be believed.........

Scrapper6
10-16-2010, 01:51 PM
Two more weeks. Two more weeks. URGH, Hurry up already! :yelling:;)

Robimus
10-21-2010, 11:53 PM
Had a great night at Boo at the Zoo tonight with Scrapper6 and Starscream116 :)

Also be sure to check out the Exclusive C4 Drift Cover from Alex Milne over in yonder thread.

Oh by the way, here is some more awesome, the C4 Program Guide Cover!

http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad107/Robimus1/ProgramCover.jpg

Robimus
10-26-2010, 12:48 AM
Marvin Mariano let me know today that he has something special planned for Transformers, Star Wars and G.I.Joe fans at his 11am workshop on Sunday. Be sure to check it out if you get a chance!

Robimus
11-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Incase someone didn't know:

http://www.wizardworld.com/wiwoaccecaco.html

Prime in the Peg
11-20-2010, 04:23 AM
Hi there. I was at Comic Con also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LJTZKk13nM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkJIi5yC0C4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmwoFfQNELU

I am on Facebook: Tony Liarakos
and can be reached at aliarakos@hotmail.com