PDA

View Full Version : why i hate the ipod touch.....

chisau
09-28-2007, 02:41 AM
I hate the ipod touch because:

-they are expensive as hell, (compare to other MP3 players and media players)

-they offer only 8GB and 16GB, which is enough for music but not for movies. what a waste of a nice screen.

-the touch screen is not new technology. It's been around for a while. it's not even good technology. it's nothing more then a gimic.

-It's just a iPhone minus the phone. (that's like a porshe minus the wheels)(nice, but pointless)

-the only thing works on the ipod touch is the music download network where you can spend even more money easier and faster.

-did i mention it's ridiculously expensive?

-you know once you bought it, Apple will release with something better in 6 month anyways.

-Nothing is free on the ipod touch, every function want to know what your credit card number is.

-Hacking the ipod touch will break it and void the warrenty.

-the battery life is not enough.

-the screen will break!

-the market is flooded with these devices, i try to sell a iphone once and the guy offered me $50 for it. i wonder what the second hand ipod touch value is?

-I really hate steve jobs trade marked look.

-they come with the same stupid head phones. which my broke. Twice!

-the graphics processor sucks so you can't play any games on it. not that the OS will let you play games anyways.

-it's not compatible with any previous Ipod accessories that i already own.

-It's made in China. (trust me, it's made in China)

-that joke about "i got the touch.." does get old fast.

-i'll think of more later.

Tech Spec
09-28-2007, 03:27 AM
I hear ya man! I really don't care if its touch screen, as long as it does its job which is play music and videos i'm happy :D

jourdo
09-28-2007, 10:27 AM
:(

beatrush
09-28-2007, 10:33 AM
I won one of those at one of those evil Stacker machines in the malls.

Its a piece of crap, I went back to using my 4 gig nano.

Ozrein
09-28-2007, 11:25 AM
I'll stick with my Soundwave Ipod. more than enough ipod for me. :D

Super PrimeZ
09-28-2007, 12:37 PM
I bought a new PSP last night, the Slim and Lite Daxter variant package. Sure it was $220, but I just love it so much, so slim, and lite, and the ability to connect to a TV, download RSS Channels(ie. Podcasts,etc.), Music input, and the ressurgence of great games (Jeanne D'arc is a must own, Monster Hunter Freedom 2 is fun aswell), and don't forget that gorgeous WideScreen, the PSP is really the way to go. And because of this I stand beside my whole anti-iPod life, there are other choices and thus I'll never buy an I Pod, even if Apple makes it the size of my finger nail.

dak
09-28-2007, 02:39 PM
-I love the iPod touch. and I prefer it without the phone part.

-battery is not a problem if they are keeping the battery you find in the iPhone.

-A standard DVD is only 4.7 GB's and that's never just video. So an actual video size is smaller. Saying that, 16 GB is enough to hold a movie.

-There will be other versions out later with more memory. but think, every release, the price never changes, so it's almost better to wait for a bit. Plus by waiting you are giving apple the time to work out the kinks for other versions.

-Touch screen is not new technology, but used in a hand held device is pretty new. Before the only way to do it was with a stylus pen. If it wasn't so new, then there would be more devices using it.

-no phone feature is smart marketing. Those that have a phone they are comfortable with, don't need to get a new phone, and they can have a cool iPod that acts like an iPhone

-the only function that costs money.... is downloading music content. The exact same as any other music player program. The only differance is you have the ability to download it directly to the player rather than the computer then the player.

-Hacking anything will void the warranty.

-so.... 22 hours of music playback is not enough?

-anything that has a screen has potential for breakage.

-When you buy anything, what is the purpose of you buying it? Do you buy to Sell, or Buy to Buy? Are you buying it to use it then sell it later, hoping that when you sell it you will get your full money back? That will never happen. only after years and years, will something go up in value. As soon as you take something out of the box, it's value drops. and a guy offering $50 doesn't mean it's worth $50. You got to set a selling price for a used product, of corse somone is going to offer the lowest they can for it.

-If the point was to be a gaming machine, it's be a damn gaming machine. But it's not, it's a music and video player, which has web access.

-Backwards compatibility is a flaw yes, and I agree. but it's a change, just like everything in this world. when technology changes, it doesn't always allow for full compatibility on previous devices. Something we gotta live with.

-Everything's made in China. Doesn't mean the technology was developed in china, it means it was manufactured in china. And by joe.... if you take a look at our favourite toy line.... It's made in China! *gasp* Things are made in china because it's cheap.

Sorry for the rebuttle rant, but I'm a fan, and those are my argument statements.

chisau
09-28-2007, 03:15 PM
:D:D:D you bought one, didn't you dak. :D:D:D

-I love the iPod touch. and I prefer it without the phone part.

-battery is not a problem if they are keeping the battery you find in the iPhone.

-A standard DVD is only 4.7 GB's and that's never just video. So an actual video size is smaller. Saying that, 16 GB is enough to hold a movie.

-There will be other versions out later with more memory. but think, every release, the price never changes, so it's almost better to wait for a bit. Plus by waiting you are giving apple the time to work out the kinks for other versions.

-Touch screen is not new technology, but used in a hand held device is pretty new. Before the only way to do it was with a stylus pen. If it wasn't so new, then there would be more devices using it.

-no phone feature is smart marketing. Those that have a phone they are comfortable with, don't need to get a new phone, and they can have a cool iPod that acts like an iPhone

-the only function that costs money.... is downloading music content. The exact same as any other music player program. The only differance is you have the ability to download it directly to the player rather than the computer then the player.

-Hacking anything will void the warranty.

-so.... 22 hours of music playback is not enough?

-anything that has a screen has potential for breakage.

-When you buy anything, what is the purpose of you buying it? Do you buy to Sell, or Buy to Buy? Are you buying it to use it then sell it later, hoping that when you sell it you will get your full money back? That will never happen. only after years and years, will something go up in value. As soon as you take something out of the box, it's value drops. and a guy offering $50 doesn't mean it's worth $50. You got to set a selling price for a used product, of corse somone is going to offer the lowest they can for it.

-If the point was to be a gaming machine, it's be a damn gaming machine. But it's not, it's a music and video player, which has web access.

-Backwards compatibility is a flaw yes, and I agree. but it's a change, just like everything in this world. when technology changes, it doesn't always allow for full compatibility on previous devices. Something we gotta live with.

-Everything's made in China. Doesn't mean the technology was developed in china, it means it was manufactured in china. And by joe.... if you take a look at our favourite toy line.... It's made in China! *gasp* Things are made in china because it's cheap.

Sorry for the rebuttle rant, but I'm a fan, and those are my argument statements.

dak
09-28-2007, 04:11 PM
haha, no, not yet. But I plan on it.

RandomFerret
10-01-2007, 11:05 AM
Why do you have to rant and rave about this kind of thing? Why can't you just be happy liking what you like?

If somebody else is happy with something you don't like, there is no reason for you to say anything.

Do you slap ice cream out of children's hands and scream "I DON'T LIKE ICE CREAM!" in their faces?

chisau
10-01-2007, 12:12 PM
well, where else are we going to rant and rave other then on forms and the internet? where it's designed for freedom of speech.

slapping ice cream out of children hands is called "assault". only criminals do that.

everyone have their likes and hates. it's important to let these feeling out in a constructive manner so its not always been bottled up. I'm using the form to express how i feel and what i think. it's an outlet so in the future i don't end up as a grumpy old man that slaps ice cream out of children's hand.

what do you use as an emotion outlet?

besides, it was cannabisprime's idea for me to post this rant.

Why do you have to rant and rave about this kind of thing? Why can't you just be happy liking what you like?

If somebody else is happy with something you don't like, there is no reason for you to say anything.

Do you slap ice cream out of children's hands and scream "I DON'T LIKE ICE CREAM!" in their faces?

Tech Spec
10-01-2007, 09:18 PM
We all have to let out a lil bit of stress sometimes :)

General Tekno
10-01-2007, 11:15 PM
I'm still trying to decide if I want a touch or not myself.

Ultra Swoop
10-02-2007, 02:15 AM
I don't really care about the ipod Touch. (Actually on the whole, the ipod)

JLvatron
10-02-2007, 11:21 AM
besides, it was cannabisprime's idea for me to post this rant.

Originally Posted by RandomFerret http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?p=23815#post23815)

Dude...
You quoted RandomFerret.:D :D :D

JLvatron
10-02-2007, 11:24 AM
why i hate the ipod touch.....

You wrote alatta reasons to hate it. But I'll give you 1 GREAT reason to get the ipod Touch.
...so Stan Bush can sing to you: "You got the Touch!":)

p.s. No need to thank me. Your life-changing epiphany is thanks enough.:cool:

Beechy
10-02-2007, 05:55 PM

i'm gonna try that.

jourdo
10-02-2007, 08:51 PM
I'm still trying to decide if I want a touch or not myself.

I TOTALLY misread this post. I seriously need to get tested for dyslexia.

CerebralSin
10-03-2007, 01:53 AM
I dont' know why but for some reason I have this hate over Apple, I just don't know why...

I can think of three reason:
1. When I was in elementary school I had to use those nasty Macs (the ones that are coloured) and I hated them because they were always slow and breaking down so I just grown to hate them.

2. Also those commercials that make fun of PCs were funny but now I hate it and I'm starting to hate the Apple guy too. For example, one of their commercials said how apples don't get virus or some crap but the reason why that's true is because no one cares for the Apple, no programmer is going to waste their time making a virus for Apple EW no WAY! Hardly anyone uses Apples so whats the point? (k I know that was a stupid reason but I was just wanted to get it out).

3. Lastly I hate the iPod trend. Everyone has one but the thing is I feel there are media players that are way better! Like the Creative Zen stuff and the Toshiba Gigabeats or whatever. They have the same stuff but not as expensive. Also I do like the design of iPods but I'm scarred to buy one because they make new versions every few months.

OH yeah about the iPod touch... umm... feel if you want to get one, wait for more memory or just buy iPhone or buy actually...buy something else.

sorry Apple fans

RandomFerret
10-03-2007, 10:56 AM
So why do you post? The only reason to say something like that is to try and make the several people on this forum who own ipods and like them feel bad.

That's wrong.

CerebralSin
10-03-2007, 03:39 PM
So why do you post? The only reason to say something like that is to try and make the several people on this forum who own ipods and like them feel bad.

That's wrong.

Ya that's true. It was just stuck in my craw and I wanted to get it out. iPods are good media player I just feel people are forgetting the other players.

Also I'm starting to hear people classify iPods and Portable Media players separately which is interesting to me.