PDA

View Full Version : The "I hate Canada Post" Thread

jourdo
09-26-2007, 02:47 PM
I couldn't come up with a better title... but this seems to sum up how I feel about these jokers lately.

Here is my (latest) reason for my lack of love for the Canadian Postal System:

I get a card in my mail box yesterday (Sept 25) dated for the day prior (Sept 24) - which was not in my mail box on the 24th... but whatever. I go down to the post office to pick it up, AND it is not in their system. Takes the lady a while to track it down and she asks me if I had anything else to pick up. I say, not that I have received any notification about. Long story short, there is another package in the back for me, that had no card sent out for. I have no freaking idea how long that has been sitting there (btw, canprime... it was the Mirage you sent me). I just don't get this agency. What would have happened if I had never picked that one up?

Anyone else want to share their hate?

chisau
09-26-2007, 03:14 PM
could be worse, it could have been the "american post".

but it all depends on who you get i guess. There was a new post office open near me a while back and the lady working there was really helpful. she when out of her way to help me with shipping my packages carefully and even help me find the best rate to ship.

soundwaveCA
09-26-2007, 03:49 PM
I had that happen to me several times when I was away at school in Sherbrooke.

My latest thing right now is I have now been waiting 3 weeks for a package shipped from the US with my MP Skywarp and Music Label Soundwave. According to the tracking number it's been recorded as being "en rout" to Canada 3 separate times now. Of course the BT-18 Rijie I got from Hong Kong and a big package full of movie gear I got from alphie over at TFW only took a week to arrive so go figure.

And is it just me or is Calgary particularly bad when it comes to Canada Post as I have never had any issues with them in Toronto.

-KG-
09-26-2007, 04:16 PM
This business of leaving parcels on your doorstep if you're home or not. I live in a building and it wouldn't take much for somebody walking by to pick it up and take off with it.

Tech Spec
09-26-2007, 05:39 PM
I had this one lady who kept telling me to come down to the lobby and meet her b/c she did not want to come up and deliver it. Lazy ass bitch!

As for your package hanging around in the back for a few weeks Jourdo, thats messed up. The staff was just lazy to scan it and receive it properly from the sounds of it.

Icetron
09-26-2007, 06:37 PM
This business of leaving parcels on your doorstep if you're home or not. I live in a building and it wouldn't take much for somebody walking by to pick it up and take off with it.

They always do this to me...I'm glad I haven't lost anything yet. They throw it at the steps and walk off. Sometimes they don't even ring the doorbell, if they do they ring it once only. :mad:

I had this one lady who kept telling me to come down to the lobby and meet her b/c she did not want to come up and deliver it. Lazy ass bitch!

As for your package hanging around in the back for a few weeks Jourdo, thats messed up. The staff was just lazy to scan it and receive it properly from the sounds of it.

That never happened to me before...which post office would that be? (if you don't mind saying :eek:)

Pascal
09-26-2007, 07:03 PM
I think mailmen can deliver to 1st and 2nd floor only. If you're 3rd floor, you have to meet them down the stairs.

mitchmurphy
09-26-2007, 07:44 PM
i feel your pain and frustration, ive had something similar happen to me a year ago

Dark Rage
09-26-2007, 08:27 PM
I was told that packages not picked up only stay at the post office for 14 days. Afterwards, I believe they are sent back to the sender (Or another storage location?).

Some delivery men are different the way they leave packages. From what I've experienced, they either.

1. Leave a slip
2. Don't leave a slip (such as your case jourdo).
3. Leave the package. This is the worst of all, I've had huge boxes left infront of my home, luckily, it wasn't stolen.

You can probably file a formal complaint to the post office or their website. They'll either discipline that particular mailman who did a lousy job, or just transfer him to another route. A family member of mine complained that one mailman just threw our letters on the ground infront of our door instead of actually slipping them through the letter slit.

You moved to Calgary, Soundwave.ca? Didn't know about that...

Team Jetfire
09-26-2007, 11:22 PM
I will pass along the hate...

Few months ago I was given a notice for pick up and a package in the super box. I had ordered a few things and was surprised to see them come in at the same time. The next day I went to the Post office outlet and was told that they have no package for me and have no idea where it is. I was a little concerned as it was for a relatively hard to find figure. I went thought the process of calling the distribution center and to make a long story short I ended up buy a replacement on ebay....right before the figure in question showed up.

Apparently the original slip was prepared was for the original package and was accidentally given to me on the same day. :mad: Needless to say my son was way more impressed when he received the extra figure in the mail.

this too was in calgary.

Phy
09-26-2007, 11:59 PM
I don't really remember ever having a problem other than the usual subarctic slowness.

Nightbeat
09-27-2007, 01:54 AM
My own personal story came when I ordered a ton of stuff from Bungie's online store one December.

The items came through Canada post in January while I was at work.... the wonderful people there left my packages on my doorstop, but didn't even bother to put them in the doorway. That's right kids, they just dumped them all in the snow and left them there for the day.

As a side note, Crobot is the only person who I think does a better job of packaging items than Bungie did. Every single item was still dry and in perfect condition despite spending 6 - 7 hours outside in the freezing cold snow.