PDA

View Full Version : Maketoys Giant Dump Truck

Slave
04-26-2012, 12:00 AM
I don't have time right now to do an in depth review, but Today I received the Second set from Make Toys Yellow Giant.

I just want to vent 'cuz I'm pissed about the Dump Truck (Long Haul).

To see what I am pissed about, check the video here and skip at 5:25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMcWsLw_cIs

The "flaps" that the dude talks about that are very tight and feels like breaking... well on mine, they friggin' broke upon very first transformation.

They ARE incredibly tight, but NO they do NOT "pop back in" as the guy says in the video, these flaps are held by a very tiny Solid (as in hard plastic, but definitely not solid) piece of plastic molded on the main torso... the flap on the right totally broke upon first transformation, and the other one shows important stress mark. I wished they'd make it so that it can juste pop out, and you can pop it back in with a soft plastic that bends rather stress marks and breaks

I REALLY HOPE they do like TFC and send an extra part for that torso like TFC did... but I highly doubt it.

I glued the flap... but now it remains open permanently. it doesnt hinder at all the robot mode... kinda feel like a bit more shielding on his back. in truck mode, well obviously that how they should be so no problem here... and in Waist mode... they Might hinder a little bit if I try to pose the Giant in a really split open legs position... and he might look a bit "fat" but otherwise it wont bother much really.

Still pissed... those are not cheap toys. Quality should be top notch.

I will do a more in depth review tomorrow... with TFC comparison and photos and all... see ya tomorrow... bed time now

bedtime
04-26-2012, 12:03 AM
i appreciate the heads up as thats the only figure of the group i really want!

Echotransformer
04-26-2012, 12:09 AM
Yes, thanks for letting us know and sorry to hear about that...nothing ruins a new toy more than breakage...guess here's another 3rd party Long Haul that I won't be transforming until a fix is available!

PyjamaPrime
04-26-2012, 01:28 AM
good thing I'm waiting for the Green set

Bountyan
04-26-2012, 01:37 AM
Dude, they already confirmed there's going to be a new front piece with set C. Check the Maketoys website.

Slave
04-26-2012, 05:49 AM
That is GREAT news! ;-) I didnt know about it... and Maketoys website is all in chinese so I have no idea lol

Tekkamanraiden
04-26-2012, 07:22 AM
That is GREAT news! ;-) I didnt know about it... and Maketoys website is all in chinese so I have no idea lol

It's in Japanese not Chinese and all you have to do is use google translate to give you a rough idea what's on the site.

STI 2NV
04-26-2012, 09:43 AM
It's in Japanese not Chinese and all you have to do is use google translate to give you a rough idea what's on the site.

HAHAHAH

Slave
04-26-2012, 10:49 AM
FU LOL :-D it was late, I was sleepy... I dont think about this stuff! hahaha ;-P

Tekkamanraiden
04-26-2012, 01:04 PM
FU LOL :-D it was late, I was sleepy... I dont think about this stuff! hahaha ;-P

Lol fair enough, I didn't mean to come off that dickish, it was still early for me :P.