PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Prime Episode 36 - Armada - Discussion

razin
04-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Sorry folks, torrent and direct links won't be up til after midnight. Dark Prime (TFW) is unable to encode til later this evening.

So for now, here is the yt links

Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhqiL_k91vg&feature=g-u-u&context=G228345dFUAAAAAAAAAA)
Part 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdRgEpgsmrI&feature=g-u-u&context=G228345dFUAAAAAAAAAA)

Edit: Dark Prime just posted and said the torrent should be up in an hour.

TORRENT HERE (http://darkprime.gotdns.com:6969/torrents/Transformers%20Prime%20-%2036%20-%20Armada.avi.torrent?6F69AC22E53A7449FCD8B45076EF 0FF8AC987767)

skrilla 88
04-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Best episode I've seen all season. Thanks for sharing.

bedtime
04-21-2012, 10:49 PM
ok well what went on in this episode had CRAZY potential all to be squashed with such SHITTY resolutions.

Nightscrabbler
04-21-2012, 10:57 PM
Wow, that was interesting.

I didn't like exactly how the clones came into existence. For such a major thing, it really happened so randomly and too quickly. And I'm not exactly sure how he did it. He found protoforms, then he used some of his energon to provide his genetic code? Not his spark? And yet he could feel what the feel and vice versa?

Airachnid and her Insecticons drones were interesting, especially the fact that when she ended up in stasis it freed the Insecticons from her psychic hold (they thought she was their queen, I imagine). So their loyalty to Megatron is restored... does that mean the new fodder for battles will be Insecticons? They didn't seem nearly as tough in this episode as that one Insecticon seemed to be in the past episodes.

Overall, I enjoyed it. It just felt rushed like the ending of Beast Wars.

bedtime
04-21-2012, 11:03 PM
^^yeah i feel like the two major plot ideas of this show could've been their own episode, at LEAST.

ARCTrooperAlpha
04-21-2012, 11:29 PM
pretty funny.

ARCTrooperAlpha
04-21-2012, 11:30 PM
ok well what went on in this episode had CRAZY potential all to be squashed with such SHITTY resolutions.

totally hear you, kinda like star trek voyager's infamous reset button ?

transforminator
04-21-2012, 11:31 PM
^^yeah i feel like the two major plot ideas of this show could've been their own episode, at LEAST.

its more than likely Starscreams going to perfect this cloning technique so the seekers shouldnt be far off. As far as the insecticons go.....looks like the vehicons have some competition! :P Megatrons comments throughout the invasion were pretty jokes.

Nightscrabbler
04-21-2012, 11:52 PM
its more than likely Starscreams going to perfect this cloning technique so the seekers shouldnt be far off.

I don't think that's likely at all. We have no reason to believe he has more protoforms, nor did he show any sign of planning to try it again. The way it was done so rapidly, it is almost as if the writers just wanted to get the clones thing over and done with.

alternatorfan
04-22-2012, 12:23 AM
ARMADA ......HMMMM ......EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT WHEN I SAW THE NAME COULD HAVE BEEN COOL TO HAVE THE SEEKERS COME FORTH OH WELL HERE'S HOPING!

UltraPrimal
04-22-2012, 12:52 AM
Yeah, I gotta agree. As awesome as this episode was, it could have been done a lot better.

The whole Starscream taking energon from himself and using it to create clones and he also feeling their pain doesn't really make sense. While energon is the life-blood of Transformers, I really don't think of it in the same way as human blood, in that it also contains genetic material. It's more or less just fuel. Although this show has stated time and time again that these are bio-mechanical, with even more an emphasis on bio than, dare I say, even Beast Machines did. So I will give them a free pass on the whole using energon to create clones thing.

But that still doesn't explain Starscream feeling the clones' pain. It's not like they actually shared a spark, like say Dinobot II and Rampage did or anything. It was basically just an energon transfusion. By which case shouldn't that mean if any Transformer gave another Transformer some of their energon, which I believe has happened at least once or twice already in the series, shouldn't they be able to feel each others pain?

I really wish the clones had stayed around longer. While I liked how they displayed unity by saying that they are both one and many. And I also liked how they each seemed to be same, while still being slightly different from each other. One seemed to get a little more cowardice while another got a little more traitor, etc. Kinda like Animated, though not to the same extreme obviously. But I like I said, I wish they had stayed around longer. I wish they would have had slightly different colorings. Even if it was just accents. One have a blue headfin, another one have purple one, another one have white one, etc. But nope, they all seemed to be exactly the same. I even noticed that there were exactly 5 of them. Which means had they stuck around, perhaps they could have begun to grow as individuals and thus differentiating themselves from each other. So we could have gotten Thundercracker, Skywarp, Ramjet, Thrust, and Dirge. But nope. All dead 10 minutes after they're born. :(

But at least Starscream has a base now that he can operate out of. I wonder what other secrets the Harbinger might have. Though you gotta think, if Megatron realized Starscream made clones of himself, he's gotta put 2 and 2 together and figure out that Starscream squatting in that ship. So why not fly over there next episode and take him out?

Also, they never explained how Airrachnid was controlling the Insecticons?!:banghead: And... Holy Nerf, Batman! What happened to those other Insecticons? They should have tore that ship apart! Yet Prime and Bumblebee took a squad of them out no problem? This episode really should have been at least 2 or 3.

Though one thing I've always wondered about this show was are the Vehicons clones of an original? I imagine deep in the bowels of the Nemesis is a room with a poor bot chained to a wall, painfully being cloned over and over again, and begging for death. Like Sunstreaker in IDW's Devastation. After this episode, I honestly think we could see that in a future episode.

Dragon Knight
04-22-2012, 01:07 AM
Yeah something about this episode felt off. It wasn't a bad episode by any means. But it didn't have the impact, the "oomph" That it should've I think.

I loved Bulkhead trying to be all "stealthy" on board his ship, Megatron's comments to everything going on around him were great too.

brr-icy
04-22-2012, 01:34 AM
felt like an Animated rip off with the Starscream clones, and everything was resolved too easily, Airachnid should have been killed, finish that story arc and go on to the next already. Best parts of the episode were the "stealthy" and Megatron's remarks

trizeo
04-22-2012, 01:54 AM
A good episode overall that had so much potential to be even better but it just felt rushed!.

SS - Well it seems he'll get his tcog back. I do wish that his clones would've turned out to be the rest of the seekers, that would've been epic! It did remind me about TFA and I wished they would've kept @ least the 2 to form the 3 seekers. The whole I feel their pain was dumb IMO.

BH - I liked how he killed SS, totally loved seeing the emotion in his voice! I thought looking at the hands thing after was cool to me for some reason.

Megs - His lines were cool! I would've like to see him like start ripping an insecticon apart though just cuz I like seeing him do his thing!

Arachnid - Eh!... I didn't like how she ended up in stasis, would've been better if Arcee killed her. It does leave however a chance for her to come back... my bet is Miko is going to have something to do with it.

Insecticons - Did they get weaker? ahahah! I don't know man... from what we've seen they should've been able to own everone! Megs's army though just grew a crapload which would be interesting to see how that plays out. I hope they use it so that they keep on introducing more Autobot characters to try and even it out... though with the number of Vehicons and now Insecticons Megs has.... a ship load of autobots would have to come to give OP and the gang a chance. I think with the force of the insecticons alone they can totally wipe out the Autobots now.

Again like I said this episode felt rushed. I could've have been split up IMO. But at least now SS will have his tcog back, a part of me hopes theres more protoforms for him and that he does eventually create the seekers and seekers that will work for him. I do hope as well that with the added numbers to Megs's army that more autobots will be introduced and that they will join the crew, a shame though that WJ wasn't there.. I would've loved to see him 1 save BH or 2 beat the living snot outta some insecticons. I hope they slow down the pace of some episodes and just concentrate on 1 particular matter as oppose to 3 - 4.

SleeplessKnight
04-22-2012, 02:28 AM
Okay, so now that it's cannon, everyone needs go out and buy at least 5 more Starscream figures to get an accurate number of clones for display on their Starscream shelf.

Darn it, if they only made this episode about Bumblebee clones. Then we'd be rid of the overstock of Bees in the toy isles.

XII
04-22-2012, 08:10 AM
I notice every one keeps complaining about how weak the insecticons were in this episode, my thoughts are perhaps they are not at full strength because they literally just came out of some sort of stasis then went off to fight the Cons with out even stocking up on energon. And for all we know that one insecticon that thrashed with Megatron could have been the big bad of insecticons. Not all cybertronians are created equal.

Personally I loved this episode, I have no real complaints about it!

Nightscrabbler
04-22-2012, 01:40 PM
The other reeeally cheesy thing about this episode was the frankenstein motif with the switch and all the lightning as the protoforms came ALIVE! ALIIIIIVE!

Beast Wars handled protoforms a lot better.

transforminator
04-22-2012, 03:24 PM
The other reeeally cheesy thing about this episode was the frankenstein motif with the switch and all the lightning as the protoforms came ALIVE! ALIIIIIVE!

hahaha that part was actually pretty funny. One question though....if the ship didnt have any energon....how was the lab functional?

UltraPrimal
04-22-2012, 03:28 PM
Another thing that bugs me about this episode, that I didn't realize until today, during the battle between the Vehicons and the Insecticons, why did the Vehicons not use any sort of tactics to try and combat the Insecticons attack? There were clearly aerial Vehicons on deck. Why weren't they in the air dogfighting with the Insecticons while the ground ones were on the ship trying to pick them off? Or how about some cannon or turrets? We know the ship has them. Why not use them? Or maybe this did happen and I just didn't see it because I only watched the shitty YT resolution. Or maybe they just didn't have time to show all that.

Oh and where were the other Decepticons? Where's Knock Out and Dreadwing? Cowering inside? Knock Out I can see doing that, but Dreadwing should have been out there as second in command leading a squad of Jet Vehicons. Or at least inside on the bridge giving orders and directing the Vehicons.

Just goes to show this episode should have been 2 instead of 1. Instead of having a clip show last episode, they should have spent it setting up everything. Starscreams gets his clones, Airrachnid awakens her Insecticon army and shows how she's controlling them, Bulkhead gets stuck on board the Nemesis, Knock Out finally says something about his buddy Breakdowns death, and the episode could have just ended with Bulkhead and one other Starscream clones fighting, the other clones about to assassinate Megatron, and the Insecticon swarm barreling down on the ship. Then have this episode resolve all that.

ConvoyGTR
04-22-2012, 06:37 PM
- Megatron had one hell of a day.

-2 major events that could of been stretched out to 2-3 episodes.

- The cold opening was cool, but was nullified when it was just 6 mins into the episode.

- The clones were cool and the shot of all 6 of them was badass and if there was proper fiction to back it up, I would of bought a bunch of FE SS. But the whole thing felt like a shoddy nod to Animated and a very sloppy resolution to SS getting his T-cog back. Though, the idea of killing himself and feeling the pain, and then slicing himself and his clone open to do the transplant, is kinda disgusting and terrifying, and shows how far SS has fell that he would cross a line no other TF would. Not that that's a bad thing.

- As it was said before, there were 6 total SS bodies and could of had the potential for them to develop their Seeker personalities. I was hoping this is why SS has become a joke and this would be his return to be a legitimate threat. I thought the close up on SS and showing his scar on his right cheek was a hint to something happening with SS and his clones later in the ep, but no....

- The Insecticons were wimps, but I can sorta understand why and am use to shows doing this. Like, the first appearance is badass and special, but after that the character becomes just another character in the cast or in this case, another grunt TF. It is really disappointing that before, the lone Insecticons were something to be feared, but now are like Vehicon+. It could of been done way way better, but this is how it goes in shows.

- Didn't expect Arachnid to seemingly meet her end on the show like that. Leaves it open for her return, but we never saw zombie Skyquake again. The whole build up to her getting an army and seeking revenge, now feels like a sloppy sloppy way to end a story thread and transition power.

- I thought the writing of SS and Arachnid, that as soon as they get an army or find out Megatron's position, just mindlessly send out their armies to attack without any sort of plan or forethought.

- I use to give the writers credit for not hovering too long on a event and instead resolving, and moving on to the next story, but lately the episodes feel like wasted potential. It's just bring up something and end it before the story had a chance to be fully fleshed out.

Knockout
04-22-2012, 08:09 PM
Did they just kill off two plot lines within 20mins?

Where the heck was KO and Dreadwing. Isn't Dreadwing his SIC?

Only Screamer made this episode good. :/

Perceptor
04-22-2012, 10:15 PM
This episode had lots of potential. Could have been developed further. But unfortunately was not executed well and left me wholly unsatisfied at the end.

Tekkamanraiden
04-22-2012, 10:26 PM
Enjoyable episode, happy to see Starscream gets his T-Cog back even though it was pretty obvious how it was going to happen.

Bruticus82
04-22-2012, 10:39 PM
I agree with what most people feel about this episode. That said, it was fun.

Nightscrabbler
04-23-2012, 12:50 AM
I would've liked it more if instead of the original Starscream getting his t-cog from a clone, a clone could've killed and replaced Starscream.

Matrix_Holder
04-23-2012, 01:00 AM
I would have liked it more it we ended up getting Skywarp, Thundercracker and Sunstorm out of this...what a let down.

Hellboy
04-23-2012, 02:11 AM
I'm glad these clones didn't end up being the seeker fleet. Each seeker deserves his own personality which I hope will happen if SS gives it another shot. I'm quite certain he won't want to be feeling their pain again. Who knows how many protoforms are on that ship. There were a few set up ready to go but maybe there are more in storage somewhere.

It was a fun episode. Lots of action and it's good to see the Decepticons take a big hit like the downing of their ship.

The insecticons were pretty bad-ass in previous episodes but we really only saw Arcee and a maimed Megatron battle them. Perhaps they aren't as crazy strong as we were lead to believe. I'm good with that. Seemed to me like it was a little too hard to squash a mindless bug.

It's quite possible that this episode went into production before they thought of introducing Dreadwing (or at least refining his story arc) and he was left out on purpose. I know with the Clone Wars series some later events were rendered first.