PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Prime Episode 34 - Nemesis Prime - Discussion

razin
04-07-2012, 10:51 PM
Torrents up, click away - HERE! (http://darkprime.gotdns.com:6969/torrents/Transformers%20Prime%20-%2034%20-%20Nemesis%20Prime.avi.torrent?3B5FCED97006134CE41 B4F5BD0253637BD4BBF32)

And the direct link - HERE! (https://rapidshare.com/files/3954404748/Transformers_Prime_-_34_-_Nemesis_Prime.avi?bin=1)

Someone by the name of "kary"on tfw is now posting these in HD, woohoo!. He is going back and doing the rest of the episodes as they are rebroadcasted.

For now, NEMESIS PRIME (http://1ar0gq.1fichier.com/en/)
And, CROSSFIRE (http://5odzo0.1fichier.com/en/)
I have not yet watched these, so dunno how the encoding is. The download is rather slow though.
Edit: Just watched Crossfire HD, the encoding has some artifacting here and there, but over all very nice, HD= drool!

Stapler
04-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Very cool episode. I love where this show is going. :)

bedtime
04-07-2012, 11:01 PM
I heard the youtube guys got zapped today but if anyone sees a yt link, I'd appreciate it!

down_shift
04-07-2012, 11:26 PM
yoink!

UltraPrimal
04-07-2012, 11:46 PM
Damn it! "Nemesis Prime" is more of a "Shattered Glass Optimus Prime", at least as far as his daytime colors go. There definitely seems to be a purplish hue to him in the day light. Though at night, I could swear he's totally black. Hopefully if they do make a toy of him, they do with the more traditional Nemesis Prime colors, and not some stupid Shattered Glass piece of crap.

As far as the actual episode, it was very good! Not to give any huge spoilers yet, because I know some people might be having trouble viewing the episode right now what with Hasbro pulling the plug on all the YouTube pirates. But I really liked the ending of this episode. It has some very interesting possibilities. Though the preview for the next episode has me a little disappointed. Clip episode?! Really? F!

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
04-08-2012, 12:47 AM
I just hope that however they decide to colour the Nemesis Prime toy they use the FE mould.

Vain
04-08-2012, 01:03 AM
Not liking where this is going with Breakdown...

Dragon Knight
04-08-2012, 01:10 AM
I heard the youtube guys got zapped today but if anyone sees a yt link, I'd appreciate it!

Ask and ye shall receive!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ikOk9KzqYQ&feature=g-u-u&context=G22fd2edFUAAAAAAAAAA

trizeo
04-08-2012, 01:21 AM
I thought it was a good episode...

I laughed when the airbag went off... really it should've broken his nose!

For NP/Silas... eh... I wasn't too impressed. I didn't like how they did the battle scenes with the autobots. I wished Arcee would've had a chance to fight them as well I didn't like the fact how the writers almost made OP lose to a Silas?! c'mon... now! They showed OP's fighting skills against Megs and for them to think just because a human is controlling it that Silas could take OP on??? I wished they would've just like wrote it where ya Silas gets some shots him and gives him the upper hand then OP plays possem and wipes the floor with him! Even Megs took more cracks to stab OP...

The whole MECH peeps putting Silas into BD's body... not liking it 1 bit! What is this? Robocop!? ahahah! I wished they would've done away with Silas and just had another dude take his place...

For me killing off some of the main characters, although sucks in some cases ie:BD, helps to keep the story move along and feel almost "real". Just my 2 cents on that...

Does this mean that we can expect some more bots from MECH? That aspect I sorta like... imagine if they copy SS... SEEKERS, altough I'm not a huge fan of seekers it would be cool to see an army of seekers.

The lack of Decepticons sucked, it would've been nice to see them really back the autobots/OP up then just have OP and the autobots give it to both MECH & them.

Knockout
04-08-2012, 01:29 AM
Did anyone tell KO? I can't watch this until tomorrow. Is he going to have to open a can of whoop but. I don't like what I'm hearing about the direction of Breakdown either on Tumblr....bad Sunny memories.

Bountyan
04-08-2012, 02:50 AM
Did anyone tell KO? I can't watch this until tomorrow. Is he going to have to open a can of whoop but. I don't like what I'm hearing about the direction of Breakdown either on Tumblr....bad Sunny memories.

There were no Decepticons at all in this episode.

Knockout
04-08-2012, 04:21 AM
There were no Decepticons at all in this episode.

Maybe KO killed them all lol

Woundave
04-08-2012, 05:26 AM
http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv270/pandorian/MenasorSilas.jpg

XII
04-08-2012, 07:23 AM
http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv270/pandorian/MenasorSilas.jpg

I was really hoping this episode would lead to the stunticons. NP reminded me of Motor Master for some reason, maybe the way he kept driving into things.
I think it would be kind of cool if MECH built Menasor (the first combiner we seen on the show) and then some how Megatron got a hold of it and breathed live into it with Dark Energon.

I know a lot of G1 Purists will hate that idea but I think it would be an interesting new twist on the mythos and really make Mech a threat if they have the tech to build combiners.

razin
04-08-2012, 08:45 AM
I just updated the op with HD rips for the last 2 episodes. WOOHOO, HD!!

bedtime
04-08-2012, 09:45 AM
I actually like the idea of a mech-suit Silas! Kinda like robocop or that thing from robocop 2... That and if we can get even a small semblance of breakdown back that's pretty good too.

As far as nemesis prime goes I wish he lasted longer... They could've just had him retreat and remain a threat for future episodes, but again I guess robo-Silas can take that role so yeah.

And I guess prime got his blade repaired finally

Nightscrabbler
04-08-2012, 10:24 AM
The episode was alright. I liked it more at the beginning, but not sure I really cared for the direction they went with it. It was a little too easy for the Autobots to find Mech, and then it was a little too easy for Nemesis to defeat each of the Autobots. And it was rather dumb how Silas just forgot about Optimus Prime when Fowler showed up. Considering the time/money they would've put into building that thing, you'd think their planning would've been a lot better. It didn't meet the standard of believability that some of the other episodes have had.

down_shift
04-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Damn it! "Nemesis Prime" is more of a "Shattered Glass Optimus Prime", at least as far as his daytime colors go. There definitely seems to be a purplish hue to him in the day light. Though at night, I could swear he's totally black. Hopefully if they do make a toy of him, they do with the more traditional Nemesis Prime colors, and not some stupid Shattered Glass piece of crap.

That's your opinion. A lot of fans have wanted a shattered glass version of anything since it began. I personally liked it, which is a lot considering the last few episodes were sub-par.

Now as for the episode Nemesis Prime I thought it was really good. They set up their expectations for their own version of Nemesis Prime. Can't wait to see what becomes of Mech...

alternatorfan
04-08-2012, 10:37 AM
sys crushed body sans headmaster for breakdown?

brr-icy
04-08-2012, 11:06 AM
meh, the whole mech thing got boring in idw, not a fan of silas either, i was hoping he was dead

Nightscrabbler
04-08-2012, 11:10 AM
I agree, it would've been good to have a human fatality.

The whole "robot-human hybrid" garbage has been so overdone in sci-fi, it just makes me roll my eyes.

Nightscrabbler
04-08-2012, 11:21 AM
I also find it slightly weird that they concluded it was Mech right from the start. I mean, Makeshift made an exact double of Wheeljack, but they didn't even entertain for a second the idea that the Decepticons might be behind this one.

joshimus
04-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Well, considering what's been happening, like BD being examined and BB having his t-cog stolen by MECH then got it back and SS's is stolen, it's pretty obvious MECH was up to something. I actually would have been more annoyed had they thought it was the Decepticons.
Overall, nothing special of an episode. I liked the slowed down NOP transformation. Reminded me of the movies.

ARCTrooperAlpha
04-08-2012, 12:55 PM
sorry, but my most dislike characters are bumblebee and starscream

other than that, the ep is quite alright. The prequel to the Prime version of DOTM.

ConvoyGTR
04-08-2012, 04:14 PM
Loved the beginning of this episode. Optimus has always been portrayed on this show (or any show minus the Bay movies) as this benevolent gentle giant, and it was really cool to see how intimidating and destructive his giant semi truck form really is when it's portrayed as a evil being. I was getting T-1000 vibes of the scene when he was driving the semi truck at the end chasing everyone. I don't usually buy repaints, but if you back it up with stuff like that, I'd buy it in a heart beat.

The line Nemesis gave when he entered the military base "I am Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots, and I bring you this message," was very reminiscent of the speech Optimus gave at the end of the first Bay movie. Even the way the camera was doing a 360 while Nemesis transformed was like in the movie and the ensuing "bot on human violence" battle following that. Job well done on another sorta spoof of the Bay movies like that.

It was kinda BS Nemesis Prime kicked everyone's ass including Optimus's, but I kinda like to think of it as Optimus is so powerful, not even he could defeat himself lol. Still, could of been done better.

MECH though... I think they are Mary Sue like... Transformers are like toasters or computers, but just super advanced. No problem, we can reverse engineer that, minus the T-cog, because humans can do anything! I don't buy it. Even then, Mech can produce a chassis and armour equal to a Cybertronian's? I don't buy that either.

How did MECH even perfectly duplicate Optimus's robot mode and weapons? Insert the T-cog and bam? Whatever, I can let that go.

I donno. Whenever humans are fighting Transformers, it doesn't work for me in a believable fashion.

Sokar
04-08-2012, 04:41 PM
I also find it slightly weird that they concluded it was Mech right from the start. I mean, Makeshift made an exact double of Wheeljack, but they didn't even entertain for a second the idea that the Decepticons might be behind this one.

Well, they were aware that Mech was trying to build something resembling a transformer and were very close. Similarly, I don't think there would be much sense for the decepticons to go after agent Fowler, so Mech would be a logical conclusion.

Grimlock4Prime
04-08-2012, 04:44 PM
The scene where Nemesis Prime transformed and then proceeded to lay waste to the base reminded me a lot of the 2007 movie's opening. The few lines he dropped before opening fire is very reminiscent of movie Optimus.

Dragon Knight
04-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Well, they were aware that Mech was trying to build something resembling a transformer and were very close. Similarly, I don't think there would be much sense for the decepticons to go after agent Fowler, so Mech would be a logical conclusion.

Not to mention that had the Cons send the Prime copy after Arcee, I doubt they would've just left it at a simple hit and run.

AP Prime
04-08-2012, 06:28 PM
Any sight fr skywarp to show up?

razin
04-08-2012, 07:44 PM
Any sight fr skywarp to show up?

Skywarp, as of right now, is not expected to be on the show.

Tekkamanraiden
04-08-2012, 09:07 PM
meh, the whole mech thing got boring in idw, not a fan of silas either, i was hoping he was dead

Yeah I was hoping that as well.

joshimus
04-08-2012, 09:31 PM
Well, Mech can easily obtain t-cogs and parts if they were smart enough to grab vehicons and drones. However I dont think the writing will allow for something simple like that to happen. I do agree too that there is no way MECH copied the Cybertronian alloys to make NOP let alone know all his parts to transform him. To make their own brand new robot, sure, but copy a robot they can't possibly get a full scan of, then no.

Undrave
04-09-2012, 02:21 AM
Yeah the full copy thing seemed too easy.

Even then, Mech can produce a chassis and armour equal to a Cybertronian's? I don't buy that either.

I don't buy it either, and I don'T buy that Silas is such a great hand to hand fighter (using a remote control system mind you, something that would not benefit from his muscle memory unless it was mo-cap) that he can top Optimus' millenia-long experience of battle against the likes of friggin' Megatron!

I did like the way they ended it with Prime and Nemesis on top of the same building Silas was hiding under and using his toy to crush him! That was badass.

Also I find it odd the Mech guys managed to drag Silas out of there while Fowler was around. Hopefully the military picked up enough mechtech (get it?) to get some laser guns of their own against potential similar threats in the future.

I'm expecting a Headmaster situation with Brakedown and maybe him fighting against Silas' influence!

I wouldn't mind if the Nemesis Prime toy is the PRID mold since I don't have it. I wouldn't mind the copy being an inferior toy :D

Woundave
04-09-2012, 11:52 AM
They should have had MECH troopers supporting Nemesis against the Autobots, stun guns from the shadows and the like. Would have made more sense.