PDA

View Full Version : The Official NHL Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

jourdo
09-13-2007, 12:21 PM
We need somewhere to discuss this great sport of ours, and with the season just around the corner... time to start spewing the smack against the lesser teams.

I'll just start off with this:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a107/jourdo2k3/Sigs/sig.jpg

Iron Mike will kick those underachievers in their million dollar asses! And Sutter will keep Mikey in check! Win-Win!!!!

Go Flames Go!!!

(and the Habs too!!! :D )

Nightscrabbler
09-13-2007, 12:41 PM
The Habs haven't really improved the team... here's hoping they can make the playoffs this time and not have to have a girl-fight with the Leafs to do it.

Robimus
09-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Go Jets Go!!!!!!!!!

Pascal
09-13-2007, 01:47 PM
I hope that Carey Price makes the cut and that Huet gets injured badly early in the season so Price can play the whole season and win the Hart, the Vezina, the Calder , the Conn Smythe and the Cup! :P

Oh, and I'm still waiting for Kelly Hrudey to get out of retirement! Anywhere, I don't care, I want to see him play again!

Code of Honor
09-13-2007, 02:38 PM
I remain in my blue and white denial, GO LEAFS GO this is they're year. :)

Pascal
09-13-2007, 02:59 PM
Hey, maybe we should create a Cybertron.ca Yahoo Fantasy League for this season?

Nightscrabbler
09-13-2007, 03:09 PM
I don't know... I've never got along with any of these Cybertron.ca Yahoos.

Benzo
09-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Go Jets Go!!!!!!!!!

damn stright!!! Jets rules!!

Nightscrabbler
09-13-2007, 03:12 PM
damn stright!!! Jets rules!!

They will if Gary Bettman stops trying to expand in the US. :mad:

jourdo
09-13-2007, 03:23 PM
Hey, maybe we should create a Cybertron.ca Yahoo Fantasy League for this season?

That is a great idea! I just got my email reminder for this and don't really want to go back with the yahoos I played with last year. Any other takers?

EDIT: I was bored and set it up for anyone.

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/cybertrondotca
The password is "habsrule" (have to stick it to the Leaf fans as much as possible). I think it is limited to 20 teams.

Pascal
09-13-2007, 03:34 PM
As long as the live draft is past 10pm, I'm in! We should use a simple league set up where only points, wins and shutouts are calculated. 1 goalie, 2 defensemen and 8 forwards. Might be a good idea to limit the number of teams so the draft doesn't take forever?

jourdo
09-13-2007, 03:40 PM
I've never been able to do the live draft thing (every league I've been in with that, the auto draft kicks in for me). Might be easier with us all over the country to go with auto... although I am game to switch it.

Also, the settings I've got up can still be edited. If there are enough people, rotissere rules are the way to go vs a points system.

Just my 2 cents.

Pascal
09-13-2007, 03:50 PM
What's the league ID #?

jourdo
09-13-2007, 03:51 PM
http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/cybertrondotca

League ID No. 44751

Password: habsrule

Robimus
09-13-2007, 04:23 PM
I would be all for a pool on the boards here, don't know much about these other fancy pools......

PG13
09-14-2007, 07:36 AM
Autobots

Center - Optimus Prime
Right Wing - Bumblebee
Left Wing - Cliffjumper
Defense - Sunstreaker, Sideswipe
Goal - Ironhide

Decepticons

Center-Megatron
Right Wing - Rumble
Left Wing - Frenzy
Defense - Thundercracker, Skywarp
Goal - Soundwave

Now that's a game of hockey I'd love to see.

As for my favourite team, I just want the Cup to come back to Canada, I don't care which team does it, just do it. Not that it really matters, every team roster in the NHL is half Canadian and half European.

devilsknight
09-14-2007, 11:12 AM
Is the pool still open for selections ???

I'd like to be in on it...but when i click the link i get an error

Oh and GO LEAFS GO !!!

Nightscrabbler
09-14-2007, 12:18 PM
Autobots

Center - Optimus Prime
Right Wing - Bumblebee
Left Wing - Cliffjumper
Defense - Sunstreaker, Sideswipe
Goal - Ironhide

Decepticons

Center-Megatron
Right Wing - Rumble
Left Wing - Frenzy
Defense - Thundercracker, Skywarp
Goal - Soundwave

Now that's a game of hockey I'd love to see.

As for my favourite team, I just want the Cup to come back to Canada, I don't care which team does it, just do it. Not that it really matters, every team roster in the NHL is half Canadian and half European.
Why wouldn't you put Starscream on the wing?

jourdo
09-14-2007, 12:28 PM
Is the pool still open for selections ???

I'd like to be in on it...but when i click the link i get an error

Oh and GO LEAFS GO !!!

Hmmm... Not sure why the link doesn't work. Maybe you have to be in the league to use that link. Try going to the main page and search by the league ID (44751) and see if that works.

It will be open until the season starts. The more people in on this, the better it will be.

Robimus
09-14-2007, 01:31 PM
OK I think I've figured part of this out. Be sure to register with Yahoo and then follow the instructions, enter Commish Jourdo's info-44751 and habsrule then name your team. I guess we can't pick players just yet. Maybe Jourdo can tell us how the player selection will work for those of us new to this here computer gizmo/online pool stuff?

Pascal
09-17-2007, 11:46 PM
Montreal won tonight against Pittsburg!!! 3 points for Kovalev! Ça sent la Coupe... de Cheveux! :D

Robimus
09-18-2007, 02:25 AM
Montreal won tonight against Pittsburg!!! 3 points for Kovalev! Ça sent la Coupe... de Cheveux! :D

So you gonna step up and get in the pool? Somebody's gotta take some Canadian's players? :D

PG13
09-18-2007, 08:03 AM
Why wouldn't you put Starscream on the wing?

Starscream is the Decepticon's loud mouth coach

StarwarsTF
09-18-2007, 09:40 PM
Did anybody notice the first pic with optimus holding the cup in front of a Calgary emblem??? Is there where the leafs will win the cup!! in Calgary?

Pascal
09-18-2007, 10:55 PM
So you gonna step up and get in the pool? Somebody's gotta take some Canadian's players? :D

I just registered (Puckeaters). When's the draft?

jourdo
09-19-2007, 12:37 AM
Did anybody notice the first pic with optimus holding the cup in front of a Calgary emblem??? Is there where the leafs will win the cup!! in Calgary?

It is where the Leafs can visit the cup while on their yearly early golfing holiday. ;)

Robimus
09-19-2007, 01:04 AM
I just registered (Puckeaters). When's the draft?

Cool! Commish Jourdo has yet to comment on if the draft will be automated or live.

Tech Spec
09-19-2007, 02:24 AM
Just signed up guys... so.... whens the draft?

jourdo
09-19-2007, 01:25 PM
The draft is currently set to go automatically a few days before the season starts. Basically you can go with the default auto rankings, or prerank your players. The system basically goes down the list and picks according to that for you.

If you want to do a live draft, we can set that up. However, it will involve a few hours of your time and might be hard to coordinate between everyone. If we do this and you cannot make the draft, yahoo will automatically make your picks based on your preranking list.

I'm open to whatever others want to do with this. Seems easier to me to leave it auto though.

Just let me know.

devilsknight
09-19-2007, 01:42 PM
How is the draft order determined on an automatic draft ?

jourdo
09-19-2007, 01:47 PM
How is the draft order determined on an automatic draft ?

Good old yahoo to the rescue yet again. It will automatically pick the order. This we could do ourselves as well (ie. preset the draft order).

EDIT: Maybe what I'll do is at the end of the week (Friday) set the draft order (use a random number/list generator or something). That way you can flaunt the first pick for a bit. Anyone who joins after that date will just be bumped to the bottom of the list.

Tech Spec
09-19-2007, 03:56 PM
The draft is currently set to go automatically a few days before the season starts. Basically you can go with the default auto rankings, or prerank your players. The system basically goes down the list and picks according to that for you.

If you want to do a live draft, we can set that up. However, it will involve a few hours of your time and might be hard to coordinate between everyone. If we do this and you cannot make the draft, yahoo will automatically make your picks based on your preranking list.

I'm open to whatever others want to do with this. Seems easier to me to leave it auto though.

Just let me know.

Auto is fine by me if everyone else is cool with it.

jourdo
09-24-2007, 01:05 AM
I've got the order set up. Here you go. From RANDOM.ORG (random list generator):

There were 9 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

Puckeaters
Urbnchkns
Cowtown Sutterz
Game Misconducts
devilsknight
Warriors Poets
Jet Prime
Robimuss Runamucks
Healthy ScratchesTimestamp: 2007-09-24 05:54:18 IST

I believe the draft actually goes tomorrow with the Ducks/Kings starting the season in the UK. Not sure on that, so check your teams.

Robimus
09-25-2007, 07:33 AM
The picks are in. I'm happy despite the 8th overall pick. I got Peter Stastny, the Nord's are going to do well this year...........wait what year is it again :D Now I just need Teemu to decide to play.

A couple questions for those who have done this type of pool before. Do only players in your starting lineup collect points? And I assume you can trade your players for players who have not been selected by another team?

Pascal
09-25-2007, 09:16 AM
Paul Statsny you mean. :)

jourdo
09-25-2007, 10:40 AM
A couple questions for those who have done this type of pool before. Do only players in your starting lineup collect points? And I assume you can trade your players for players who have not been selected by another team?

Yes, only the active players get you points. So, if they are riding the pine they get you nothing. I used to set my lineups for one week at a time.

For the next two days, the unchosen players are on waivers. This means the team higher up in the waiver selection will have first dibs on them, even if you choose them first (I believe). After that, they become free agents.

Anyone need (or want) Turco?

Robimus
09-25-2007, 12:48 PM
Paul Statsny you mean. :)

I wanted Alex Steen too so I could say I had Peter Stastny and Thomas Steen, but he's too far down the points list..................................:p

-KG-
09-25-2007, 03:52 PM
With waivers the person with the lowest number will always pick up the player. So if team A with priority 1 wants the same player as team B with a priority of 2, team A will pick up the player after the waiver period. After you pick up a player your team gets the lowest priority in the league. This number does not matter for free agents. I hope that made sense...

jourdo
09-27-2007, 10:43 AM
Anyone understand why we all have 75 points?

-KG-
09-27-2007, 11:56 AM
Anyone understand why we all have 75 points?

This is a rotisserie league. Since we haven't accumulated any stats yet everyone is tied at 5 at each stat. So when we do have stats, as an example, whomever has the most goals will have 9 and the least will have 1. Then every stat is added up for your total score. This score will change daily depending on the stats you've accumulated.

jourdo
09-27-2007, 01:17 PM
I understand the roto scoring. I just don't get why there is ANY scoring yet. The season has not even started. Anyone know if this is just a glitch with yahoo? I've never noticed this with my previous leagues. Not a big deal as we are all still tied at the moment with identical stats, but wierd none the less.

Nightscrabbler
09-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Yahoo has been glitchy in the league I am playing in as well.

-KG-
09-27-2007, 03:13 PM
It's been like this for me in previous leagues I've been in. All it means is the league is already ranking us. Since our league is ready before the start of the season you'll see this.

Robimus
09-29-2007, 11:59 AM
Zee puck drops in minutes live from London, England on the CBC.

Beauty Eh! Seeing Teemu raise the cup again on the opening was great.

jourdo
09-29-2007, 12:34 PM
I just realized this was on... hmmm I wonder if I can cancel the rest of my day.

jourdo
10-04-2007, 12:53 AM
Woohoo! The buds are 0-1!!! Here is to a LONG season and many more 0-fors for the blue and white.

Robimus
10-04-2007, 01:15 AM
Bertuzzi's on the board, Ha! 868 ranked overall my butt! :D

devilsknight
10-04-2007, 10:13 AM
yay I have the lead for one whole day LOL

Blurrz
10-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Lets Go Oilers!!!!

devilsknight
10-04-2007, 12:42 PM
I'd just like to add...despite Toronto's media, NOT ALL Leaf fans have hit the panic button yet

Seesh it was brutal reading the paper this morning like it was the end of the world, the season is over BLAH BLAH BLAH...it's only one game seesh

Stupid media.

Tech Spec
10-04-2007, 05:08 PM
I'd just like to add...despite Toronto's media, NOT ALL Leaf fans have hit the panic button yet

Seesh it was brutal reading the paper this morning like it was the end of the world, the season is over BLAH BLAH BLAH...it's only one game seesh

Stupid media.

They should've gave the fans what they wanted and start Toskala.

mitchmurphy
10-04-2007, 06:09 PM
nice pic, i think after all the work theyve put in over the last few years that the senators will take the cup this year

Team Jetfire
10-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Season opener....flames/flyers...

Any thoughts?

jourdo
10-04-2007, 07:40 PM
Season opener....flames/flyers...

Any thoughts?

Don't suck Flames! Oh wait... this is a home game. We should be safe.

Team Jetfire
10-04-2007, 07:57 PM
anyone going?

Metal_head666
10-04-2007, 08:13 PM
i do not know if this is the right thread but can i join the fantasy hockey league you have on yahoo?

Robimus
10-04-2007, 09:54 PM
i do not know if this is the right thread but can i join the fantasy hockey league you have on yahoo?

I'm not sure if you'd be able to join now. The draft has taken place and the best players are all picked, you'd be forced to pick from the left overs, if it will let you in at all. A few pages back jourdo left the yahoo info, you could try and see if it will let you in I suppose, can't hurt to try. Jourdo will likely know more about this.

And Paul Statsny gets an opening day hat trick!! :D So far so good.

Metal_head666
10-04-2007, 10:03 PM
it doesnt work oh well there is always next year. thanks for telling me the information. thanks anyways Robimus

jourdo
10-04-2007, 10:08 PM

I can't find anything about adding a team, once the season starts. I'd say go and try. If it lets you in... great. However, you would be stuck with the sloppy seconds for players (unless you provide a bribe to a certain commish who may or may not have the ability to drop Crosby from his current roster... I'm just saying).

EDIT: Buds are 0-2!! Excellent start to the season!

Tech Spec
10-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Canucks season opener tonight WOOHOO :D

StarwarsTF
10-05-2007, 09:01 PM
Just got back from Ottawa! Nothing like going to the middle of know where and taking trash talk from a team that has accomplished one amazing season in 15 years and has not won a cup in the modern NHL and yester year NHL in almost 80 years.

Way to go sens fans!!! maybe your team who was almost bankrupted again a few years ago might last another total of 5 years in the NHL!!! Seeing you're in your 15th season now. If any fan of the sens want to talk trash about how the team is only been here for 15 years then why does the Sens raise Stanley Cup banners back from the 1920's? Seems like the team hasn't forgotten that they haven't won in 80 years even commentators explain to the one sided fan of toronto north (ottawa) that this is the modern NHL senators though it's the same franchise which started back in the 1900's! just they couldn't play with the big boys!

Sorry i had to rant, a couple of Kanata farm boys had to eat my fist and shoe last night.

Actually Jourdo the leafs are 0-1-1! Unlike the flames who will be 0-5-1 (OT lose to Nashville) soon enough and probably will be at the bottom of the west for most of the year! I love hockey talk!! Good luck though.

jourdo
10-05-2007, 11:02 PM
Actually Jourdo the leafs are 0-1-1! Unlike the flames who will be 0-5-1 (OT lose to Nashville) soon enough and probably will be at the bottom of the west for most of the year! I love hockey talk!! Good luck though.

Actually, we are just lulling the rest of the league into a false sense of security (we tend to like to give the other teams a head start)... only then will we strike.

Nightbeat
10-05-2007, 11:03 PM
I was going to stay the heck out of this thread as I've done work for ESPN, and The Sporting News (and worked on air for Sporting News Radio for quite some time) but this just made me laugh....

Toronto has not won a cup during the "modern" NHL (its been more than 40 years people !!!) and if you consider the recent application of the Salary cap, they have not made the playoffs in this, the latest "modern" NHL era. Toronto fans have not seen there team play a meaningful game within their lifetime unless they're well above the age of forty. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever for any Leaf fan to talk trash to the fans of any team.

Quite frankly, the only chance for the Leafs to see the playoffs this year is buying tickets for games in other cities.

Enjoy another lost season, beg your team to fire John Ferguson Jr. and hope they can start using their first round picks to build some prospects within.

Just got back from Ottawa! Nothing like going to the middle of know where and taking trash talk from a team that has accomplished one amazing season in 15 years and has not won a cup in the modern NHL and yester year NHL in almost 80 years.

Way to go sens fans!!! maybe your team who was almost bankrupted again a few years ago might last another total of 5 years in the NHL!!! Seeing you're in your 15th season now. If any fan of the sens want to talk trash about how the team is only been here for 15 years then why does the Sens raise Stanley Cup banners back from the 1920's? Seems like the team hasn't forgotten that they haven't won in 80 years even commentators explain to the one sided fan of toronto north (ottawa) that this is the modern NHL senators though it's the same franchise which started back in the 1900's! just they couldn't play with the big boys!

Sorry i had to rant, a couple of Kanata farm boys had to eat my fist and shoe last night.

StarwarsTF
10-06-2007, 12:13 AM
Sorry we dont buy tickets to other cities to watch games, other cities need to beg leaf fans to come and fill there building!! ie Ottawa (until last night!) lol.
I wont get into an argument with any other hockey fan, and i am a realistic leaf fan knowing and have publically stated for the past two seasons to my friends and other fans that the leafs weren't going to make the playoffs the last two years. this year will be the year to get in and I know it wont be a top 5 position. However the leafs will make the playoffs.
Either way any leaf fan or even sens fan knows fergie should have been fired the day after he got signed but daddy (fergie sr.) wouldn't allow it.
I would agree the past 2 seasons under this cap has not helped the leafs, though we did make the conference final in 2002 and I was there for game 6 so i think that was meaningful!? Or am i wrong.

Nightbeat dont be afraid/stay out of this hockey thread Ottawa killed everybody last year good luck this year, the east is a lot harder this year! i just wanted to vent on a group of douche bags who probably wore a leaf jersey the four or five years of the leafs putting the sens out of the playoffs. Now all they can do is wish they had the balls to go to Toronto and support them there! Next time i'm in ottawa hopefully we will meet up.

Nightbeat
10-06-2007, 12:42 AM
It should be noted that the NHL is a better place when all the large teams (Rangers, Leafs, Wings) are competitive. It brings the larger markets into the sport and generally creates a buzz.

So in that respect, it would be nice if Toronto works out its issues. Toskala (Why can I still not remember the spelling of his name ?) is an excellent upgrade over Raycroft and should help quite a bit.

And yes... the East is a crapshoot on who will win at this point. Most people (myself included) thought Pittsburgh would make a run towards the top, but they were horrid against Carolina.

Robimus
10-06-2007, 01:57 AM
Toronto hasn't played a meaningful game in over forty years? :( I seem to recall Dougy Gilmour leading them to the conference finals a lot less than forty years ago. And we all know Doug Gilmour had the best hair in the NHL. :D
If only teams who've reached the finals play meaningful games there's a lot of teams that have never played a "meaningful game".

devilsknight
10-06-2007, 11:05 AM
A positive for us Leafs fans out there...at least we ain't the Blackhawks !! LOL

Besides the Sens cannot beat the Leafs in the playoffs...it's a plain and simple fact, that's why Sens fans are so psycho about Leafs fans (seriously there's genuine hatred goin on there from them)...they are intimidated by us and eventhough we haven't been to the show like the Sens...the only reason why they got there is they didn't have to get past the Leafs first.

GO LEAFS GO...it doesn't matter what any Sens fan says about last season...you choke when you play us when it really counts...and you choked in the finals last year, even scored on your own net.

Until you get rid of Coco the Clown as your captain that team is bound for failure. Melynk "The OHL Cheater" will even bail eventually...

BTW Steve Downie...if you haven't seen that hit...oh snap !

Tech Spec
10-08-2007, 03:12 AM
Oh damn I just stepped in to the battle of Ontario LOL

Robimus
10-08-2007, 03:44 PM
So Paul Stastny is working out good so far :D

A_U_T_O_B_O_T
10-08-2007, 03:51 PM
I wish that was my situation with Marc Andre Fleury. I 'm a huge Pens fan and I'm starting to lose complete faith in the guy. Like that Carolina game was horrendous. Thankfully instead of watching it I went to the Bomber game.

With the weapons that hey have they have to make it past the first round in the playoffs.

Nightbeat
10-08-2007, 05:45 PM
BTW Steve Downie...if you haven't seen that hit...oh snap !

Classy, mentioning a dirty hit which resulted in a suspension and the injury of someone who has had major issues with concussions.

Perhaps I should start making some Jason Blake or Trent Green jokes here in response. It would be equally classless.

A_U_T_O_B_O_T
10-08-2007, 09:23 PM
Those remarks by the Texans player about Trent Green was disgusting. Though watching the PR guy trying to stop him was hilarious.

Nightbeat
10-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Those remarks by the Texans player about Trent Green was disgusting. Though watching the PR guy trying to stop him was hilarious.

Agreed.

And your Pens will be fine.... they just need decent goaltending and they can do some damage in the playoffs.

If Fleury doesn't improve, they will not hesitate to make a trade. There's going to be a good number of goaltenders available by the time the deadline comes around.

devilsknight
10-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Classy, mentioning a dirty hit which resulted in a suspension and the injury of someone who has had major issues with concussions.

Perhaps I should start making some Jason Blake or Trent Green jokes here in response. It would be equally classless.

That's me classy all the way...is this where i mention how much of a tool Chris Neil is for his almost identical hit on Chris Drury ?! Or the fact that he wasn't suspended because of his status in the league and Downie's non existant status ??? Or how about we go with Coco the clowns hit from behind on Darcy Tucker in the playoffs a few years ago ?! The Sens hands are filthy with dirty hits and head shots, more so than any other team...they got a taste of their own medicine, and it tasted like Buckley's !

Nightbeat
10-08-2007, 10:53 PM
That's me classy all the way...is this where i mention how much of a tool Chris Neil is for his almost identical hit on Chris Drury ?! Or the fact that he wasn't suspended because of his status in the league and Downie's non existant status ??? Or how about we go with Coco the clowns hit from behind on Darcy Tucker in the playoffs a few years ago ?! The Sens hands are filthy with dirty hits and head shots, more so than any other team...they got a taste of their own medicine, and it tasted like Buckley's !

... my point was more along the lines that bringing up hits which resulted in serious injury and using them as taunts is wrong and poor sportsmanship.

And where the heck did it come up that I'm apparently a Sens fan ? Hate to break it to anyone but the only sports team I cheer for/really care about are playing the Cowboys right now and winning (for now....).

devilsknight
10-08-2007, 11:53 PM
And where the heck did it come up that I'm apparently a Sens fan ? Hate to break it to anyone but the only sports team I cheer for/really care about are playing the Cowboys right now and winning (for now....).

I didn't just that it's the subject of Ottawa so I naturally tossed my hat in :D

Nightbeat
10-08-2007, 11:58 PM
I didn't just that it's the subject of Ottawa so I naturally tossed my hat in :D

lol, you got me there, fair enough.

Tech Spec
10-11-2007, 02:11 AM
DAMN! Flyers just rocked the Canucks and poor Sanford had to play through all that :(

Pascal
10-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Carey Price = Vezina.

:D

Nightscrabbler
10-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Hah, it was good to -hear- them win. (Had to listen on NHL radio CJAD online). But we have an excellent goalie in Huet and I don't expect us to have to rely on Price to carry the team this season.

jourdo
10-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Are you afraid they are putting too much on this kid's shoulders this early? I was reading an article on tsn yesterday and they were comparing his first start (against PIT) to Patrick Roy's first start (also against PIT). They also are putting him in the same league as Ken Dryden. I know there is high hope for Price, but isn't this a little too much for someone so young?

Nightscrabbler
10-11-2007, 11:43 AM
It's not a big deal. Players are used to these comparisons and lofty expectations. Crosby hasn't collapsed under all the Gretzky and Lemieux comparisons. If they're that good, they'll be that good regardless of whether or not there's any pressure or attention. And if they're not superstars, that'll be evident too.

Pascal
10-11-2007, 11:48 AM
Price can do it. He was fantastic in the WHL, then he joined the Bulldogs for the playoffs in the AHL last year and won the Cup (and wasn't he MVP as well?) and I'm sure he will become a great goalie in the NHL.

Robimus
10-11-2007, 01:06 PM
So Kevin Lowe gave up on Lupul and now he has 7 goals for Philly? Smooth move. Lupul and Smith(Team leader & fan favorite) for Sanderson and Pitkanen might turn out being a horrible trade. Or does that make this Sanderson and Pitkanen for Pronger? Maybe some of those draft picks will work out in the long run.

StarwarsTF
10-11-2007, 02:40 PM
Hey, remember that time the flyers were going across canada and they tried killing a player from each team?? lol

devilsknight
10-11-2007, 05:27 PM
So here comes a great way to gauge how much they screwed over Downie or not. Last night Philly vs. Vancouver, Jesse Boulerice cross checks Ryan Kesler in the face...

Kesler didn't have the puck anywhere near him
It was a hit to head with a stick
And it was late in the game of a blowout...

Kesler wasn't seriously injured, I think he was lucky not to be injured. People here go on about them considering Downie's past...Boulerice was suspended his entire OHL OA season for re-arranging Andrew Long's face...much longer than any Downie suspension.

Let's see if they throw the book at him for 20 games or more...or because he's a NHL player they'll go easy on him. I'm gonna laugh really hard if they give him under 20...cause that'll prove Downie's suspension was BS.

Pascal
10-13-2007, 05:41 PM
Hey, I just noticed that I'm trailing Robimus in the pool for the lead! Hopefully I'll have another good night tonight...

Robimus
10-14-2007, 12:31 AM
Yeah, and if I ever figure out how the scoring system works you guys are in real trouble! :p I have no clue what counts for what. Goals, Assists, Wins, Penalty Minutes?,Plus Minus? I really aint got a clue. Beginners luck :D .

Pascal
10-14-2007, 12:55 AM
Everything counts. Just click on "full standings" to see where you're at.

9 points so far tonight, 1 win... :)

Robimus
10-14-2007, 01:41 AM
I just don't get how everything adds up to my total. :confused: But thats OK I think I'll be OK even if I don't figure it all out. I'll just make sure my lineup's set each day and hope for the best. Go Duckies Go!

Pascal
10-14-2007, 07:30 PM
I lead! I lead! (probably not for long)

jourdo
10-14-2007, 11:32 PM

I suck! I suck! :(

Robimus
10-15-2007, 12:27 AM

I'll always be able to say I lead for a couple days, thats better than I thought I would do. :)

devilsknight
10-15-2007, 11:37 PM
For those interested in the point scheme

How does fantasy point scoring work?

In a fantasy point league, points are awarded based on how well your players perform in each of several statistical categories. All real-life statistics have associated point values, and each player's points are summed to produce your daily total.
So, if in your league, a goal is worth two points, an assist one and a penalty minute one, a player with two goals, three assists and 10 penalty minutes would score 17 [(2*2) + (3*1) + (10*1)] fantasy points.

Fantasy points, which are only awarded to starting players on your team, are tallied throughout the season. Each team with the highest total at the end of the year wins its league championship.
Points leagues are available as an express registration option and are set to the default scoring shown below. Commissioners often prefer to customize their leagues by specifying both the stat categories used and the point modifier values. This allows the flexibility to emphasize various styles of play. For instance, if you value defense over offense, you might increase the points for goalie stats.

Please note that if the commissioner customizes the stat categories without specifying their associated point modifiers, no fantasy points will accrue in that category. Point modifiers may be adjusted at any point during the season.

Default Points Scoring:

Forwards/Defensemen:Goals (3), Assists (2), Plus/Minus (1), Penalty Minutes (0.5), Powerplay Points (1), Shots on Goal (0.4)

Goalies:Wins (4), Goals Against (-1), Saves (0.2), Shutouts (2)

Tech Spec
10-16-2007, 01:24 AM
Can't believe i'm in the top 3 :D But for how long? LOL

jourdo
10-16-2007, 11:23 AM

In a fantasy point league, points are awarded based on how well your players perform in each of several statistical categories. All real-life statistics have associated point values, and each player's points are summed to produce your daily total.
So, if in your league, a goal is worth two points, an assist one and a penalty minute one, a player with two goals, three assists and 10 penalty minutes would score 17 [(2*2) + (3*1) + (10*1)] fantasy points.

Fantasy points, which are only awarded to starting players on your team, are tallied throughout the season. Each team with the highest total at the end of the year wins its league championship.
Points leagues are available as an express registration option and are set to the default scoring shown below. Commissioners often prefer to customize their leagues by specifying both the stat categories used and the point modifier values. This allows the flexibility to emphasize various styles of play. For instance, if you value defense over offense, you might increase the points for goalie stats.

Please note that if the commissioner customizes the stat categories without specifying their associated point modifiers, no fantasy points will accrue in that category. Point modifiers may be adjusted at any point during the season.

Default Points Scoring:

Forwards/Defensemen:Goals (3), Assists (2), Plus/Minus (1), Penalty Minutes (0.5), Powerplay Points (1), Shots on Goal (0.4)

Actually even easier than this. You are ranked in each stat category. The person ranked the highest gets 9 points, next is 8 points, and so on. These points are totalled up, and the highest number wins! That is why over the course of the season you will see your points go up and down (or in my case... just down).

-KG-
10-16-2007, 12:37 PM

Default Points Scoring:

This scoring structure is for head-to-head or point leagues and does not apply to our rotisserie league. Jourdo's got it right!

Nightbeat
10-16-2007, 05:27 PM
How many points did anyone who had McCabe get the other night when he scored the overtime winner for Buffalo ?

Also, anyone having either Toskala or Luongo should automatically get some kind of bonus since they face more shots per game than some goalies do in a week.

Pascal
10-16-2007, 06:37 PM
I think saves are calculated. As is the save %. So even if a goalie allows 5 goals, if he got bombarded with 50 shots, that will be factored in.

Robimus
10-16-2007, 11:52 PM
Calgary vs Colarado just ended with a shootout win for the Av's. I bring this up cause Smyth scored twice in the game and once in the shootout, and the silly American fans littered the ice with hats :D
Statsny had three points too :D

Robimus
10-19-2007, 01:48 AM
Cam Ward has joined the Runamuck's! And Seabrook, Chicago's PP guy! Must stop slide into the poolie abyss! :D

jourdo
10-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Calgary vs Colarado just ended with a shootout win for the Av's. I bring this up cause Smyth scored twice in the game and once in the shootout, and the silly American fans littered the ice with hats :D
Statsny had three points too :D

The problem I had was that Calgary's D-men should have at least gotten assists (if not credit) for those first 3 goals... but hey, we won last night!! WHOOO!!!

Yeah, I know it was LA... but let me enjoy this.

Robimus
10-21-2007, 05:27 AM
First to worst!!!!!:D I thought Jourdo was in last place :confused:

Super PrimeZ
10-22-2007, 04:36 PM
Lets go Flyers! 7-1-0, Yeah!

jourdo
10-24-2007, 06:13 PM
First to worst!!!!!:D I thought Jourdo was in last place :confused:

You stay out of my basement!!! :p

Super PrimeZ
10-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Ugh, another Flyer win tainted thanks to a so called "dirty hit". If you haven't seen it, well I'm sure a stop to TSN.ca will change that. Randy Jones isn't a head hunter, he isn't a goon, infact until now his whole career(Minors included) was clean, infact IIRC, he had yet to actually recieve a major misconduct until now. Randy's hit is being compared to Downies and Boulerice, which shouldn't. Those players had extensive previous records, and were already considered "Goons"(And both of their hits were hardly anything one can defend, those were avoidable hits this one, not so much), Randy isn't like them. Proof of this is his apology to Patrice Burgeron, and the Bruins during the Flyers win.

But none of that will matter I feel, because Patrice has a broken nose and a concussion, the league will come down on Jones and possibly the Flyers' organization.

And Leaf(not just them, but going to their forums didn't help) fans are harsh like that, many of them say that John Stevens should be fined, Jones suspended 5+ Games, and the organization fined heftily.

Nightbeat
10-28-2007, 06:39 PM
I agree that the main issue with the hit shouldn't be the extent of the injuries that resulted from it.

That being said, Jones had some distance to try to hold up at least a little. He could clearly see the numbers on Burgeron's back. Yes he isn't a goon, but yes, this was a hit which shouldn't have happened.

The Flyers SHOULD NOT be held responsible for this hit or the others. These hits were a mistakes, it isn't like the coaching staff went out and told everyone to try to kill the other team.

The league needs for the hits from behind and the constant string of injuries from them to stop. The fact that they make great Sportcenter fodder is not helping the league's dwindling attendance.

And do yourself a favour and ignore the Leaf fans on the TSN boards. Looking at things objectively isn't exactly their strong point. Though at least the ones on this board are pretty cool at least.

As a side note, if this post makes no sense, it is because I just watched Lee Evans of my beloved Bills put the game away with an amazing 85 yard TD. Me brain no work goods now.

Ugh, another Flyer win tainted thanks to a so called "dirty hit". If you haven't seen it, well I'm sure a stop to TSN.ca will change that. Randy Jones isn't a head hunter, he isn't a goon, infact until now his whole career(Minors included) was clean, infact IIRC, he had yet to actually recieve a major misconduct until now. Randy's hit is being compared to Downies and Boulerice, which shouldn't. Those players had extensive previous records, and were already considered "Goons"(And both of their hits were hardly anything one can defend, those were avoidable hits this one, not so much), Randy isn't like them. Proof of this is his apology to Patrice Burgeron, and the Bruins during the Flyers win.

But none of that will matter I feel, because Patrice has a broken nose and a concussion, the league will come down on Jones and possibly the Flyers' organization.

And Leaf(not just them, but going to their forums didn't help) fans are harsh like that, many of them say that John Stevens should be fined, Jones suspended 5+ Games, and the organization fined heftily.

jourdo
11-09-2007, 12:17 PM
With the Big-E officially retired... let's post the question here:

Is he deserving of going to the hall of fame? Was he good enough, for long enough?

Discuss.

Also, I need a new sig. This one is bringing bad mojo to my team. Maybe I'll make a Leaf one and hope for the bad mojo to follow.

Pascal
11-09-2007, 12:40 PM
Nope. He didn't play long enough, missed a lot of games and never was really that dominant. Sorry Eric. Should you have accepted to play in Quebec from the start, your career might have a been a lot different.

jourdo
11-09-2007, 12:51 PM
Nope. He didn't play long enough, missed a lot of games and never was really that dominant. Sorry Eric. Should you have accepted to play in Quebec from the start, your career might have a been a lot different.

I don't think the Nordiques would have won the Stanley Cup without trading him though. Yes... I said Nordiques.

I think for a few years there Lindros was in the top 3 players. It wasn't until Stevens laid him out that he became the injury prone Eric that we all came to love.

devilsknight
11-09-2007, 02:17 PM
With the Big-E officially retired... let's post the question here:

Is he deserving of going to the hall of fame? Was he good enough, for long enough?

Discuss.

Also, I need a new sig. This one is bringing bad mojo to my team. Maybe I'll make a Leaf one and hope for the bad mojo to follow.

There's enough bad mojo here already thanks.

-KG-
11-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Lindros was an elite player the second he started playing in the NHL. He was one of the best if not the best player. This was before the Stevens hit. He didn't accomplish enough or play enough to warrant induction into the Hall of Fame.

On a side note I would love if the Flames would play better, only cause Kiprusoff is on my team. Wow, his stats are crap this year. And I agree that we in Leaf land have enough bad mojo for a few years to come...

jourdo
11-09-2007, 03:23 PM
Here is a comparison for you:

Eric Lindros (760 Games Played, 372 Goals, 493 Assists, 1.14 Points Per Game)
Cam Neely (726 GP, 395 G, 299 A, 0.96 PPG) - Inducted into the Hall of Fame 2005.

Also, for comparisons sake (Career PPG):

1.921-Wayne Gretzky
1.913-Mario Lemieux
1.497-Mike Bossy
1.393-Bobby Orr
1.314-Marcel Dionne

So, why would Cam be a Hall of Famer when overall statistically Eric is superior (and had a longer career)?

Robimus
11-09-2007, 04:31 PM
Neely ment more to his team, to his city. Didn't wine/cry/bitch/moan and generally make the NHL look bad. Lindros did and shouldn't be in the hall of fame. Being in the HOF should be about a combo of stats but also personality and character. Lindros's numbers aren't good enough to get past his reputation and bad deeds.(Re-Quebec and the other fifteen teams his Mommy decided he wouldn't play for.)

I remember back when he just broke into the league before Teemu Selanne. All the Canadian media pulled a Don Cherry when talking about how much better Lindros was than Teemu. Lindros wasn't even close to the best player of his era to me. Jagr, Selanne, Sakic, Forsberg are all players from his era who had better careers and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. I think folks that think he's the best player of his era have bought into all the Don Cherry's of the Canadian media.:p

Pascal
11-09-2007, 04:33 PM
So, why would Cam be a Hall of Famer when overall statistically Eric is superior (and had a longer career)?

Eric was an asshole, that's why. You can't decide where you want to play when you're a rookie, that's just retarded.

Pascal
11-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Neely ment more to his team, to his city. He played his whole career in Boston

He started with the Canucks. :)

Robimus
11-09-2007, 04:44 PM

Geez, you're ruining my rant!:D
My bad, I only ever saw him in a Boston jersey.

Also Lindros never scored fifty goals and played only one full season without injury. In his prime other players were scoring 60 and 70 goals regularly. I don't think the big E won a cup either. He was a good player who had maybe one "superstar" type year. Of course I'm biased cause I hate the guy...................

jourdo
11-09-2007, 04:47 PM

I'm sure Canuck fans try not to remember that. Although Barry Pederson had a good run with Vancouver... right?

Oh, and I agree totally with all the Lindros hate. I don't think he is deserving... but wanted to play devil's advocate here. But statistically... if Neely was considered....

Robimus
11-29-2007, 02:32 AM
Hey, Khabibulin had two assists tonight!:D Do I get any points in the pool for that? I'm desperate..............................:p

I had a big night tonight. I'm gonna have a big party if I ever move out of last place!

Pascal
11-29-2007, 03:04 AM
I'm still amazed to see myself in 1st place, especially since I often forget to take care of my roster on important nights...

jourdo
11-29-2007, 02:56 PM
Holy crap! Up to 4th! I guess it pays to neglect your team for a week.

Robimus
12-01-2007, 02:39 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark this day in history! After nearly a month and a half in the cellar the Runamuck's are on the move! Can 7th place be far away?

I also would like to thank Benzo for forgetting to manage his team :D thus making this day possible :p

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robimus
12-08-2007, 03:20 PM
DOH! Back in last...................

Tech Spec
12-08-2007, 06:01 PM
WOW! Tied for 1st place :D

I have not made many changes to my team since October.

So stoked to see the Crosby show in GM Place tonight, wish I had tickets... CBC will do just fine :D

jourdo
12-08-2007, 06:35 PM
DOH! Back in last...................

Well you just got the basement set up the way you liked it... why leave? ;)

... AND 7 pt night! Hello second place (technically 3rd)!!!!! This is even without abusing my commisioner powers yet.

Pascal
12-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Who's first? :)

Robimus
12-09-2007, 04:13 AM
I cant believe George Parros was still available :p I'm going for the penalty minute crown at least!

Team Jetfire
12-14-2007, 02:59 AM
9 to 6...wtf. It will work, but...9 to 6, crazy.

devilsknight
12-14-2007, 03:49 AM
I cant believe George Parros was still available :p I'm going for the penalty minute crown at least!

Psssh...ain't nobody takin my PIM lead :)

Only 4 points out of first...with Niedermeyer on my team now, it could put me up where I started the year

I'm just please my goaltending stats improved with the acquisition of Pascal LeClaire :) Who dropped him again ?

Pascal
12-14-2007, 11:40 AM
I did. He's a fluke. :)

devilsknight
12-17-2007, 06:09 PM
Well that fluke helped put me back into first place where I belong LOL

For how long...i guess we'll find out ! WOOO !

Robimus
12-18-2007, 02:02 AM
George Parros is back on the free agent market :p

Pascal
12-21-2007, 12:18 PM
Haha, 5 goals 1 assist for Gaborik last night! :p

jourdo
12-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Yay!! My 3-day reign is still intact! Just wait until my boys start scoring some goals.

Tech Spec
12-21-2007, 04:15 PM
Still tied in 2nd lol can't get away from Pascal, we stuck together like glue.

Pascal
12-21-2007, 05:19 PM
Pfff, I've been 1st for the whole season until recently. :)

Robimus
01-29-2008, 01:22 AM
TEEMU! TEEMU! TEEMU! TEEMU! Super Glad to see him back!!!!:D

BadJeff
01-29-2008, 02:09 PM
TEEMU! TEEMU! TEEMU! TEEMU! Super Glad to see him back!!!!:D

Glad to hear he's back too. I'm one of the old Jet's fans, still remember his rookie season and all the hype.....

Pascal
01-29-2008, 02:40 PM
Selanne and Niedermayer returning mid-season = lame. Roger Clemens has been doing that too, I think it's just completely unprofessional and disrespectful for the game and your teammates. If you want play, train and be ready like the others. Otherwise, retire and stay home FOR GOOD. All that BS about retiring and then missing the game is only that, BS. They're just looking to play when they feel like it and that's just wrong.

Btw, I got rid of Crosby. If you guys want him... ;)

Robimus
01-29-2008, 03:52 PM
I'd normally agree with Pascal on this except for my own selfishness :p . If Selanne isn't playing I don't watch hockey :D

jourdo
01-29-2008, 10:04 PM
Btw, I got rid of Crosby. If you guys want him... ;)

:eek:

You know you could have put him on the IR and let him ride the pine for a while.

On the topic of the comebacks, I agree they should not be allowed to wait this long to come back. Either start with the rest of the players at the beginning of the season, or sit out the year. It is not fair to the other players or the team to be put in limbo for so long.

Pascal
01-30-2008, 12:30 AM
Injured, he would have still be taking the place of someone who could play... for 2 months. That's pretty much the end of the season.

alicethegoon
01-30-2008, 01:09 AM
[quote=Pascal;36739]Selanne and Niedermayer returning mid-season = lame. Roger Clemens has been doing that too, I think it's just completely unprofessional and disrespectful for the game and your teammates. If you want play, train and be ready like the others. Otherwise, retire and stay home FOR GOOD. All that BS about retiring and then missing the game is only that, BS. They're just looking to play when they feel like it and that's just wrong.

Well said, I am in total agreement. Both these guys are great players but that does not give them the right to play whenever they so desire. Another example of Burkie covering the NHL with his slime.

Gooned in Edmonton and yes the Oilers are suckin this year.

Pascal
01-30-2008, 01:39 AM
They should give Grant Fuhr a call, he would probably still be able to do the job. :p

Robimus
01-30-2008, 02:27 AM
Playing Devils Advocate here.....
All Burke is paid to do is make his team good enough to win games. Bringing back Neidermeyer and Selanne makes winning potentially easier for the Duck's. This really has nothing to do with these guys having the "right" to play or it being unfair for the other players or their teammates. If the Ducks make a big playoff run this was totally the right thing for Burke to do. For the Duck's fans it was the right thing to do. I'd rather watch Selanne play right wing than Parros any day.......

alicethegoon
01-30-2008, 02:39 AM
Neidermeyer and Selanne are the Ducks! The first part of the season proves this. Maybe all the best players in the league should take the first 30 or so games off then you and me could play for our favorite teams. If I play for the Oilers they would at least have a reason to suck. The goaltending is not the Oilers problem it is the rest of team.

-KG-
01-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Injured, he would have still be taking the place of someone who could play... for 2 months. That's pretty much the end of the season.

Every team has one IR spot. If you put a player on IR, it opens up a roster spot, so you can pick up another player;)

Pascal
01-30-2008, 01:26 PM
I can't see that, the system is forcing me to remove a player from my roster...

Nightscrabbler
01-30-2008, 01:29 PM
You have to drag the injured player to an invisible spot below the bench players, and an IR seat will appear. Then you drop him there, save changes, and all should be fine.

Pascal
01-30-2008, 01:34 PM
Ah ok, I wasn't aware of that. If you don't mind, I'll take back Crosby when he clears the waiver list and try that.

devilsknight
01-30-2008, 02:01 PM
Ummmm I already picked him up and just waiting for him to clear waivers lol

Sorry dude.

Pascal
01-30-2008, 02:12 PM
Lame.

jourdo
01-30-2008, 03:07 PM
Ummmm I already picked him up and just waiting for him to clear waivers lol

Sorry dude.

Damn you and your higher waiver priority! I guess I should cancel my claim on him.

Hey Robimus - want to work out a trade? Seeing as you have a fairly high waiver priority?

-KG-
01-30-2008, 03:24 PM
When he comes back you probably won't be able to use him anyway. Click on your maximum games played link. Then again, you could not use any centre's for a few weeks.....

Pascal
01-30-2008, 05:07 PM
Willing to trade Henrik Lundvist if anyone is interested.

Robimus
01-30-2008, 05:25 PM
Damn you and your higher waiver priority! I guess I should cancel my claim on him.

Hey Robimus - want to work out a trade? Seeing as you have a fairly high waiver priority?

Na, I'll stick to the sidelines on this one..........

jourdo
01-31-2008, 01:51 PM
Time to flex some commish muscle...

OK, I've thought about things here, and if Pascal did not know about the IR roster spot, it is not really fair for him to have to give up Crosby because of it (as bad as I wanted him). As long as there is a majority vote on this, I will edit the rosters to put him back with Pascal's team. So, vote yay (Pascal gets Crosby back) or nay (tough shit, deal with it). Pascal cannot vote on this. Voting will remain open until the tomorrow (Feb 1) when Crosby is scheduled to clear waivers.

Because it was an honest mistake, I'm going to vote Yay.

Robimus
01-31-2008, 04:18 PM
Thats why I didn't want to involve myself. Yay for me, back to Pascal. I believe it was an honest mistake.

Took me half the friggin year to figure out the rules myself. Also as someone else said, watch the max games played. I may be doggy paddling in last but one or two other folks center icemen have played 20 plus more games than mine have at this point. For the last 20 games of the season my centers will still be accumulating stats, theirs will not. I was over the max games back at the start of the season too so I spent a couple weeks benching guys to catch up :D

devilsknight
02-01-2008, 10:04 AM
Seeing i'm the one who took the player...I don't think I should have a vote, but if I was allowed to cause my name wasn't mentioned for not voting.

I would say (sorry guys) nay. He dropped him without researching the rules, I would like to think I picked him up fair and square.

But that's if I have a vote...sorry guys, I like to play by the rules whether you know them or not.

Nightscrabbler
02-01-2008, 10:52 AM
Of course someone is going to say that having gotten Crosby. But I think if someone drops Sidney Crosby, and didn't know that they didn't have to, they should be given a grace to get him back. I'm not in your league, but I think it kinda ruins your league in a way if someone is losing one of the top players on account of misunderstanding. Or possibly compromise by trading Crosby back to him for an average player if he wants.

jourdo
02-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Devilsknight - your vote does count, and don't feel bad about it.

Or possibly compromise by trading Crosby back to him for an average player if he wants.

Not a bad compromise if you two want to work this out. Seeing as Sid is not going to be collecting point for a few weeks anyways.

Voting so far:

2 Yay
1 Nay

Waiting for 5 more votes.

Pascal
02-01-2008, 11:50 AM
Isn't he supposed to be out for 2 months? That's what I read last time.

-KG-
02-01-2008, 12:21 PM
I vote yay... give him another chance. That being said I think it's irrelevant. Crosby's contribution will be negligible. I think he'll come back too late to make a difference.

Tech Spec
02-01-2008, 02:28 PM
I vote yay as well

jourdo
02-02-2008, 11:47 AM
4 Yays & 2 Nays. I will double check my email when I get home from work today, but as it stands there is not a majority (5/8 Yays) vote here. If there are not other email votes, Crosby will stay with whoever claimed him off waivers.

I'll keep you all updated. I had emailed the league on this and as of last night was still waiting on 2 votes.

Pascal
02-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Back in 1st (ok, it's a tie). :)

jourdo
02-03-2008, 01:17 PM
OK, I got a chance to check my email this morning and did get one last vote in (it was a yay). That does give Pascal the 5 vote majority to have Crosby back.

I will edit the rosters as follows:

Devilsknight - drop Sidney Crosby, add Derek Roy
Puckeaters - drop Mike Ribeiro, add Sidney Crosby

The waiver priorities will be reset as follows:

Devilsknight will be returned to 5 (I think that is where you were)
Game Misconducts will drop to 6
Cowtown Sutterz will drop to 7
Urbnchkns will drop to 8
Puckeaters will be dropped to 9

This will return things to how they were before the drop. Ribeiro will be on waivers and he is up for anyone who wants him.

Just so everyone is aware, any other players who are accidentally dropped are up for grabs. No more second chances on this kind of thing.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I`m in the market for a RW & D-man. Anyone want to wheel and deal?

Robimus
02-08-2008, 08:38 PM
If nothing else I must beat Pascal for the most waiver moves in the league......:p. Maybe I should put Parros back on the roster......

Robimus
02-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Hey, Selanne is playing on NBC right now :D Go Jets Go!!!!

Nightscrabbler
02-10-2008, 07:27 PM
I agree with the crowd's chants at the end. Bad call.

Robimus
02-11-2008, 12:10 AM
The Ref's were horrible the whole game.......also
Chris Chelios played his 16,000 :p career game...........:p

-KG-
02-11-2008, 12:23 PM
You guys see what happened to Richard Zednik? There aren't many hockey injuries that are scarier then that....

Pascal
02-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Reminded me of Clint Malarchuk's accident back then...

Tech Spec
02-11-2008, 05:36 PM
.... and Tom Barasso

Pascal
02-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Barrasso got cut too? I don't remember that one.

Tech Spec
02-12-2008, 02:18 AM
it was a nasty one too.... blood all over the rink just squirting out his throat.... man

*edit* My bad I was wrong it was Clint Malarchuk, that was a memeory from when I was a kid all that stood out was Buffalo Sabres and goalie LOL

Pascal
02-12-2008, 11:24 AM
Apparently, Zednik lost half of his blood that night. Sick.

-KG-
02-12-2008, 11:45 AM
He lost 5 pints...

Pascal
02-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Pint... what is that? A measure from the 15th century? :P

-KG-
02-12-2008, 12:42 PM
lol.... just think about when they serve beers in a bar. The big glass equals a pint. ;)

Pascal
02-19-2008, 11:53 PM
MTL VS NYR

0-1
0-2
0-3
0-4
0-5
1-5
2-5
3-5
4-5
5-5
6-5

ET VOILÀ!

Amazing game. I'm speechless.

Tech Spec
02-20-2008, 12:11 AM
Wish I had a TV here at work, the Habs game sounds like a classic. Guess I will just settle for the highlights :)

Nightscrabbler
02-20-2008, 12:49 AM
I listened to it online and it sounded great. If Ryder can keep this up maybe he won't get dealt and there will be more complete offense. Saw the highlights, Kovalev's tying goal was nice.

theLostSeeker
02-21-2008, 08:24 PM
My goodness, the Montreal media is hilarious! The headlines here are all praising the Habs and saying they'll win the Cup this year. This comes only a week after wanting to trade the whole team off after a 3-game losing skid.

Nightscrabbler
02-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Every time they lose they start throwing up trade rumours. Ryder, Koivu, Higgins, Huet-they're just ready to ship them away after a loss. I read www.habsinsideout.com and the media's rage is a reflection of some very impatient fans. The comments are usually laughable. And people seem to think they know exactly what kind of trade offers would be accepted to get Lecavalier, Ovechkin, Crosby, etc. 'Give the sharks begin and a 1st rounder and get us joe thornton!!'

Pascal
02-22-2008, 11:08 AM
My goodness, the Montreal media is hilarious! The headlines here are all praising the Habs and saying they'll win the Cup this year.

Well, when you're first in your conference, it's hard to not think about it, otherwise what would they be playing for? :)

-KG-
02-22-2008, 12:10 PM
I thought the media in Toronto was bad... oh wait, it is.

Robimus
02-24-2008, 11:32 PM
Selanne got a hat trick :p , Anaheim is starting to look pretty strong. Go Jets....er....Ducks Go!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, two assists too!!!!!

jourdo
02-25-2008, 11:55 PM
So what are the predictions for the trade deadline? Now that Sundin, Tanguay, and Forsberg are taken care of... who goes where?

I'm not anticipating much on the home front. I see if any moves are made they will be depth moves more than the big names. But you never know what Sutter will pull.

Tech Spec
02-26-2008, 01:48 AM
I don't think the Canucks are going to do much either. I will be home just in time for the Scores coverage of trade day at 4:30 am/7:30 am est

Pascal
02-27-2008, 11:18 AM
So we lost Huet... Too bad we're getting nothing in return. He is an excellent goaltender no matter what people say. Hopefully he'll bump Kolzig from the #1 spot in Washington.

Now I wonder how many points Forsberg will get with the AV's. He only got 2 miserable goals with Nashville last year.

jourdo
02-27-2008, 11:35 AM
I was shocked at the Huet deal, but I guess a draft pick is better than nothing when you were going to lose him anyways in the off season. I still think that is too much pressure to put on Price at this stage. Maybe I'm wrong... we'll see.

Forsberg is intriguing. What year was it when he missed most of the season with the Avs and came back in the playoffs to lead scoring? As long as his wheels stay on, he could be a factor.

Pascal
02-29-2008, 01:23 PM
So when is Forsberg going to play exactly?

Nightscrabbler
02-29-2008, 01:51 PM
Sometime next week, I'm thinking Tuesday March 4.

Pascal
03-02-2008, 05:24 PM
3 wins already for Price since they traded Huet... and Huet got a shutout in his first game with the Caps. How interesting!

Pascal
03-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Montreal won again 4-0 against New Jersey tonight. They're really on fire!

Tech Spec
03-11-2008, 11:04 PM
Sometime next week, I'm thinking Tuesday March 4.

...and now he is injured

Pascal
03-11-2008, 11:08 PM
I bet he won't get more than 2-3 goals in what's left of the regular season.

Pascal
03-20-2008, 09:57 AM
That is just awesome! :D

http://www.youtube.com/v/D3m6PSc3nYI&hl=en

BadJeff
03-20-2008, 03:09 PM
YEah, that poor bastard will never hear the end of that. If you've played hockey, you know that crappy feeling when the puck starts bouncing around and won't lay down. Either way, shouldn't have got past him. They're now calling that the worst goal ever..

BadJeff
03-20-2008, 03:09 PM
Oh yeah.... if the Flames don't win tonight I'll do something.... not sure what...but something...

Pascal
03-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Nah, the worst goal ever is still this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snGQQw7bfqA

BadJeff
03-20-2008, 03:18 PM
Nah, the worst goal ever is still this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snGQQw7bfqA

OK...tied...
Good ol' Lanny though eh.... How'd you feel having a dude looking like that taking a run at you in the corner..... Lanny=Old Skool Hockey

Pascal
03-20-2008, 03:21 PM
Oh wait no, there's another one even worse!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZAPeuF8QvE&feature=related

Can't understand the name of the Jets goalie... Mark Holden?

Pascal
03-20-2008, 08:29 PM
Gee... have you guys seen the first 2 goals scored by Kovalev tonight? Amazing.

Nightscrabbler
03-20-2008, 09:21 PM
Yeah, they were nice. :cool:

BadJeff
03-21-2008, 09:31 AM
So, I got 2 tickets for the Flames game (last night)thrown my way from a customer. I thought I'd get a few brownie points (;) )by letting my wife and her business partner (die hard fan, never been to a game)go to the game and I'd stay home to take care of the little one. Well, 5 minutes before the game starts, I fire up the tv to discover the game is local blackout:mad: Boy... am I a genius sometimes...
At least they won though..

StarwarsTF
03-21-2008, 04:27 PM
So seeing I was in Ottawa last night watching that crappy team barely beat the Blues, and seeing people love to see the goal against Toskala I thought we would look at these two different videos.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=n3YM4x_pfuw

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vG4hGcHF7rE

Pascal even though Roy is on Colorado for the second video he is forever a Hab!

Pascal
03-21-2008, 05:51 PM
Patrick who? Steve Penney was the man. :p

StarwarsTF
03-23-2008, 11:29 AM
LMAO Penney. Well I hate to say but I am glad Ottawa has fallen to the leafs while Montreal takes sole control of the Northeast. Its sad, I would love to see that Toronto/Montreal rival again, though Ottawa and there fans have taken that relationship away!!

-KG-
03-23-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm sure we'll see the Leafs/Habs rivalry again in a few years when the Leafs are better. As for the Sens, well...:D

Pascal
03-24-2008, 05:11 PM
So what do you guys think of Patrick Roy's son now? :)

Nightscrabbler
03-24-2008, 05:12 PM
It was awful. I like Patrick Roy, but he needs a slap upside the head and his son too. People with big egos ruin everything.

StarwarsTF
03-24-2008, 05:14 PM
Wow, I hope Mcfarlane make a two pack of Roy and his headhunting kid..... I think Philly may need a goalie in two years he should be top of the list for them. lol

Side note: that was unbelievable what Roy sent his kid to do.

Pascal
03-24-2008, 05:16 PM
Jonathan would be the 4th goalie on any other team, he's not even close of being good as his level. He's only there because he's papa's boy.

And I think Patrick should be banned from that league. He's out of control.

StarwarsTF
03-24-2008, 05:22 PM
i agree....god damn i think Roy may pull a Theron Fleury here soon.

Pascal
03-24-2008, 05:22 PM
What's a Fleury? :)

StarwarsTF
03-24-2008, 05:28 PM
You know in his last few years of the NHL just going all crazy,drunk and drug madness took over his life also putting a bounty on everybody's head on the ice. Stuff like that, though now hes fine. I.....think

Robimus
03-24-2008, 09:03 PM
So what do you guys think of Patrick Roy's son now? :)

A years suspension for Jr. would send the message. He skated the entire length of the ice to attack a goalie that didn't want to fight. Ripped off that goalie's helmet, then circled the rink giving all the fans the Stone Cold salute. Class act all the way. He might have a future in pro wrestling, not in hockey.

Pascal
03-25-2008, 09:57 AM
Mtl won 7-5 last night! Who would have thought at the beginning of the year that Mtl would be sitting in 1st position of their conference at the end of the season?

Nightscrabbler
03-25-2008, 10:18 AM
I would've enjoyed it more if they had played 60 minutes instead of 40. Although I guess it's better they learned that lesson now instead of the playoffs and without losing.

Pascal
03-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Yeah, at one point, I though they were going to win something like 11-1. Oh well, at least they won.

BadJeff
03-25-2008, 12:21 PM
A years suspension for Jr. would send the message. He skated the entire length of the ice to attack a goalie that didn't want to fight. Ripped off that goalie's helmet, then circled the rink giving all the fans the Stone Cold salute. Class act all the way. He might have a future in pro wrestling, not in hockey.
Yeah, as much as I enjoy a good fight when the timing is right, Roy's boy went too far with that. Not very cool at all. He'll be riding the pine for a while. That's not the example he should be sending to young players out there. Unfortunately, sounds like his dad is somewhat responsible for possibly encouraging the coach to cut him loose on that guy.

And the FLames crapped it away last night.... hopefully they can turn it around tonight.

Pascal
03-25-2008, 12:49 PM
How is Cujo doing btw?

devilsknight
03-25-2008, 04:07 PM
Patrick Roy 5 games
Son 7 games

Nightscrabbler
03-25-2008, 11:57 PM
Jonathan Roy should've gotten 20 games.

Pascal
03-26-2008, 12:32 AM
He shouldn't be playing in that league, period. He'd be the number 4 goalie on any other team.

BadJeff
03-26-2008, 01:10 PM
How is Cujo doing btw?
I Think Cujo is working out well. I Like him, he seems to come through when you need it the most. Would be nice if he saw a bit more icetime.

StarwarsTF
03-26-2008, 06:57 PM
I miss CUJO and Qtip, and Felix......so if you had to guess i was just dreaming about the times Toronto made the playoffs. :(

Nightscrabbler
03-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Why? It's not like they've won a cup in your lifetime. being in the playoffs is useless if your team is as weak as the Leafs are--and they're weaker now than they have been in a long time. You should hope they sit in 12th or drop more so they can get better draft picks.

Pascal
03-26-2008, 08:09 PM
Yeah, what happened to Felix Potvin? He was awesome one day and completely disapeared the next...

jourdo
03-26-2008, 09:51 PM
I forgot about old Felix. He was one hell of a goalie for a while and then poof! Gone like a puck through Roloson's pads (gotta get my Oilers digs in whenever possible).

... on that topic... WTF Edmonton?? Why can't you beat up MIN a little bit (currently 3-0 for MIN). Cut the Flames some slack here. From 3rd to 6th overnight I guess.

StarwarsTF
03-27-2008, 10:30 PM
Finally the leafs are done mathematically, and all good things have come to an end. So, see you all in OCT!!!
LOL :( :(

Nightscrabbler
03-27-2008, 10:57 PM
If Leaf fans know math, then they should've considered the probability and stopped watching 3 weeks ago.

StarwarsTF
03-27-2008, 11:55 PM
If Leaf fans know math, then they should've considered the probability and stopped watching 3 weeks ago.

"First of all I had to get the calculator out to make sure I wasn't still in this leaf dream." lol (jk) I tried to give up but they kept winning and i am sure if they had taken the last two games this would be a whole different conversation. First the old ice dogs, then the battalion, now the leafs peel region has nothing left to cheer for......Oh wait when is the Santa Clause parade again? :)

-KG-
03-28-2008, 10:57 AM
I'm a Leaf fan, but anyone who looked at this team at the beginning of the season should have known they wouldn't make the playoffs. Basically the same team that didn't make it for the previous 2 years.

Pascal
03-28-2008, 11:04 AM
Weren't they in the playoffs last year, clinching their spot against Mtl during the very last game?

BadJeff
03-28-2008, 11:06 AM
Bye Bye Leafs..........http://cache.bordom.net/images/27676142e8dde979926a52be2d516b8c.jpg

StarwarsTF
03-28-2008, 11:16 AM
Weren't they in the playoffs last year, clinching their spot against Mtl during the very last game?

No they clinched 9th while Montreal got 10th. the next day the isle beat marlies goalie Clemenson and the devils in a shootout to move into the 8th place a point in front of Toronto and 2pt in front of Montreal. :(

Badjeff dont worry well be seeing the two Alberta teams on the golf course the same time as the leafs. Maybe give Calgary a week or two more to get to the course. lol Still 5 games to go! :)

BadJeff
03-28-2008, 11:22 AM
No they clinched 9th while Montreal got 10th. the next day the isle beat marlies goalie Clemenson and the devils in a shootout to move into the 8th place a point in front of Toronto and 2pt in front of Montreal. :(

Badjeff dont worry well be seeing the two Alberta teams on the golf course the same time as the leafs. Maybe give Calgary a week or two more to get to the course. lol Still 5 games to go! :)

Oh no you di-n't.......

Pascal
03-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Another crazy game for Montreal! They were losing 3-1 to the Sabres with less than 5 minutes to go and they won 4-3 in OT!

jourdo
03-29-2008, 01:19 PM
What is up with MTL this year -- unbelievable season so far? Did someone spike the poutine?

StarwarsTF
03-30-2008, 11:58 PM
Oh no you di-n't.......

Come on its all over now!!!

StarwarsTF
03-31-2008, 12:00 AM
Another crazy game for Montreal! They were losing 3-1 to the Sabres with less than 5 minutes to go and they won 4-3 in OT!

Ok I was at that game and let me tell you the 12,000 red fans made that game. Though once again the maple leafs beat them the night after so it means nothing. Though one of the best games I've seen live.

jourdo
04-02-2008, 01:08 AM
Enjoy the golf course Oil!!! :D

... AND congrats to the Habs on a division title.

Tech Spec
04-02-2008, 01:17 AM
WTF? the 'nucks blew a two goal lead dammit.... oh well two games left.

GO HABS GO!

Robimus
04-02-2008, 02:18 AM
this year will be the year to get in and I know it wont be a top 5 position. However the leafs will make the playoffs.

Well, they still did better than the Jets :p.

devilsknight
04-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Funny nobody is really talking about Ottawa's complete and total utter destruction !

Going from 1st in the Conference, 2nd overall in the league...to 2 points out of 9th...this is the story of the year.

Not to mention the Leafs on Thursday can put a real big stick in their spokes...who says the Leafs season was a total loss, they can still ruin Ottawa ! Doesn't that make things better for the Leafs Nation.

CHOKE SENS CHOKE !!!

Pascal
04-02-2008, 02:50 PM
What, there are hockey fans that actually care for the Sens? :p

I was just checking our pool... I'm only 4 points behind, but I'm still in position of racking up 4-5 more points with a bit of luck. Come on Jesus! :p

devilsknight
04-02-2008, 03:08 PM
All I can say is...if Crosby makes up that difference and you over take me for the lead...

Well i'll be supremely...upset lol