PDA

View Full Version : Transformers 4 Release Date Revealed

Super_Megatron
02-13-2012, 10:40 PM
Transformers 4 Release Date Revealed (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/transformers-4-release-date-revealed-174395/)

Category: Transformers Movie (Just Movie)

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

STI 2NV
02-13-2012, 10:44 PM
So. Two years of classics? Hopefully!!

CBII
02-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Meh

razin
02-13-2012, 10:56 PM
Cool. Was gonna wash my hair that day, but maybe I'll squeeze it in.

trizeo
02-13-2012, 11:27 PM
I hope that Bay pulls one over everyone and makes the 4th movie a real good one.... one can only hope.

I do hope by the time they start making the movie that they take into account what a success TF Prime is and take some cues from it.

For the toyline.... well I hope they also learn from that and STOP pushing BB as the poster boy. I'm sure sales by now show how much a peg warmer he is and how much a failure that line was.... sure they came out with SOME good bots and ideas but the rest was just crap IMO.

Please PLEASE, if your going to continue to make BB your poster bot then give the bot some personality! I would love to see BB talk normally for once and see his character be built up. I sometimes wish that they would've continued with BB's Animated character type into Primes as the whole beeping thing is really annoying.

This could only mean good things for us though as TF fans as it will inject new life/ideas where it might need it as we do not know how long Prime will last so even though some might not like the movies we can't deny what it has done for the franchise and what it will continue to do once the movie is released.

Sokar
02-13-2012, 11:31 PM
Unless they're filming it right now, doesn't 2 years away seem like a really short time?

Do they have a script? Actors planned out? Even a remote idea of what to do next?

I don't want anymore Bayformers films, but if they happen, I would hope that they at least take the time to plan and film them properly, and 2 years from now with apparently nothing concrete in the works just seems to be cutting it too close imo.

UltraPrimal
02-13-2012, 11:31 PM
Man, I wish they could get The Rock to be in TF4. That would be awesome!

Not some stupid "Pain & Gain" movie. Sounds like some documentary about huge steroid abusers with muscles so big that it actually stretches and rips the skin around it.

Pascal
02-13-2012, 11:49 PM
For the toyline.... well I hope they also learn from that and STOP pushing BB as the poster boy. I'm sure sales by now show how much a peg warmer he is and how much a failure that line was....

You think? They sold bazillions Bumblebee figures.

Sokar
02-13-2012, 11:51 PM
You think? They sold bazillions Bumblebee figures.

Maybe they sold a bazillion BB figures, but it seems like there are 2 on the shelf for every one in the bag leaving the store.

Stapler
02-14-2012, 12:04 AM
Please PLEASE, if your going to continue to make BB your poster bot then give the bot some personality! I would love to see BB talk normally for once and see his character be built up. I sometimes wish that they would've continued with BB's Animated character type into Primes as the whole beeping thing is really annoying.

It would be nice if they do something like have him get heavily damaged early on and gets a new body. Then he could finally talk normally and they could advance his character into a battle hardened veteran teaching the new bots on the block the ropes.

Team Jetfire
02-14-2012, 12:10 AM
Boo. While I'm glad that transformers will stay current, I'm a bit concerned about burn out. I'm also going on record saying that I WILL not be buying ANOTHER Camero BB or Long Nosed Prime unless they are different molds.

Sun Swipe Prime
02-14-2012, 12:21 AM
I want to be excited, but I'm not, not until they say Bay isn't involved. I'm not hating. He did what he did, and brought lots of money to the franchise, but I want to see a different direction and an actual story that I can respect.

pandaprime
02-14-2012, 12:30 AM
well at least with the movie toy line continuing this ensures the revenue funding to produce a non-movie line :)

UltraPrimal
02-14-2012, 01:01 AM
I was thinking what with there being 3 years between DOTM and TF4, as opposed to 2 between the other ones, hopefully that means the new Prime and Generations toy lines won't get it's last waves cancelled like Animated and Reveal the Shield and countless others did.

Darth Cylon
02-14-2012, 01:14 AM
You know, some people will never learn.

I am sure Bay & co can dump out TF4 by 2014. Bay is not Christopher Nolan or JJ Abram. He doesn't care about story or characters. Just more explosions, close-up on the boobs and asses, fart jokes and non-sense. Oh I am sure it will make even more money than DOTM. As for toys, I am not even thinking about it.

Pascal
02-14-2012, 01:55 AM
Blame the writers for the weak plots?

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
02-14-2012, 04:10 AM
Unless they're filming it right now, doesn't 2 years away seem like a really short time?

Do they have a script? Actors planned out? Even a remote idea of what to do next?
Since when do Transformers movies need a script?

Anyway, I was thinking that after Prime runs its course it'll be about time for me to leave this hobby, and knowing that there'll be yet another Bay movie shitting all over the franchise at about that time clinches it.

I just hope that Prime gets to complete its planned four seasons, but I'm not optimistic.
well at least with the movie toy line continuing this ensures the revenue funding to produce a non-movie line :)
The non movie lines got along just fine for more than a decade before the first movie came out. In fact, before the movies started the Transformers toy lines were actually able to run to their conclusions, instead of constantly having their last couple of waves cancelled or released in extremely limited quantities to make room for the next batch of bug-faced shelfwarmers.

justprime
02-14-2012, 08:42 AM
The 86 movie worked into the toy line not against it thats hasbro's mistake to kill one line in favor of a movie and vise versa,... as for the movie hope they take a step off earth and ditch the human B/S a war for cybertron,... bot on bot is what I want to see

Supernova
02-14-2012, 08:45 AM
Hmmm....hopefully I will have seen DotM by then... :D

TMIIWonkoNemises
02-14-2012, 09:49 AM
Blame the writers for the weak plots?

Yes.

Which is why I'm kind of curious to see how this pans out.Although we may brace ourselves for another movie line (Unless Hasbro plays smart this time),my biggest concern for the fourth film is who is going to write it.We've already endured the weaknesses of Orci and Kurtzman for the first two,and we've seen the glimmer of hope of what Kruger can bring.Therefore,I won't cry out in agony (Or joy) until we figure out who is penning the new film.Hopefully,and I mean hopefully this may be their chance to bring the film I've been wanting to see.

Who knows,this may be Bay's chance to make a good film like 'The Rock'.

Oreobuilder
02-14-2012, 09:57 AM
According to MTV, it's going to be a reboot:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1679197/transformers-four-michael-bay.jhtml

Spoilers...

I guess that answers how they're going to get around the fact that all of the bad guys are dead and Cybertron is destroyed.

OB

TMIIWonkoNemises
02-14-2012, 10:03 AM
According to MTV, it's going to be a reboot:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1679197/transformers-four-michael-bay.jhtml

Spoilers...

I guess that answers how they're going to get around the fact that all of the bad guys are dead and Cybertron is destroyed.

OB

If that's the case,then perhaps they may explore more of the later G1 lore? (I'm being too hopeful here)

herooftheday316
02-14-2012, 10:52 AM
Hope it is a reboot also. I don't even want to hope for anything more specific than that. To be honest, there is only one reason: Toys.

Though I do not LOVE or HATE the movies, I did enjoy seeing the characters on screen (though I will admit some were not quite the same ones I remember). I wouldn't even care if 4 was in the same universe with the same characters but I hope it will be a reboot because I cannot be happy with another line of toys dedicated to the (almost) same designs since movie 1. This last line was particularly bad for that as they didn't have many non-movie characters and didn't have many of the new characters that were created for the movie in toy form. We got plenty of OP and BBs but not a single Que, Dino or Soundwave (yet) and that is really sad. To make a few new key characters and ignore them toy wise with the amount of re-paints is a travesty in my eyes.

-Mike

shabooya
02-14-2012, 10:56 AM
will see pain and gain, wont see baysformers 4

No interest in seeing more classic characters get butchered and bug faced.

Robimus
02-14-2012, 11:44 AM
You know, some people will never learn.

I am sure Bay & co can dump out TF4 by 2014. Bay is not Christopher Nolan or JJ Abram. He doesn't care about story or characters. Just more explosions, close-up on the boobs and asses, fart jokes and non-sense. Oh I am sure it will make even more money than DOTM. As for toys, I am not even thinking about it.

I think your giving some directors way too much credit.;)

CobraCommander
02-14-2012, 01:06 PM
I hope it's a reboot and focused on Beast Wars, I would love to see if Bay can give it any justice :rolleyes:
If Bay is not available, then I hope that George Lucas can take the reins :primelaugh:

Jokes aside, I would love to see TF4 get the Battlestar Gallactica treatment, in respect to how that show matured from the original, in story, acting, and overall quality.

Darth Cylon
02-14-2012, 01:36 PM
I think your giving some directors way too much credit.;)

Perhaps I am, but there's no denying Nolan and Abrams are much better directors than Bay.

Jokes aside, I would love to see TF4 get the Battlestar Gallactica treatment, in respect to how that show matured from the original, in story, acting, and overall quality.

Unless Paramount/Dreamworks decided to make a live action TV series, with a producer with the sc-fi predigree Ron D Moore, there's no frakking way TF will get the serious treatment like BSG. BSG was a show for grown-ups. TF will forever stay as a kids show because Hasbro will not make TF an 18+ show. Can you imagine Ironhide having drinking problem like Tigh? Or Arcee having emotional issue like Starbuck?

Prowl_2009
02-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Cool! Bring Prowl and Cyclonus into the film series, please!

Whisky Tango Foxtrot
02-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Unless Paramount/Dreamworks decided to make a live action TV series, with a producer with the sc-fi predigree Ron D Moore, there's no frakking way TF will get the serious treatment like BSG. BSG was a show for grown-ups. TF will forever stay as a kids show because Hasbro will not make TF an 18+ show. Can you imagine Ironhide having drinking problem like Tigh? Or Arcee having emotional issue like Starbuck?
Yeah, next thing you know they'll have a major character prepare to commit seppuku on-screen, or have a character with severe PTSD due to the loss of past partners.

CobraCommander
02-14-2012, 02:20 PM

Lol, that would be awesome, just picturing Tigh drinking and being belligerent :D

Personally, I think it would be a smart move on Hasbro and friends to bring up the maturity level. They could have two different movie lines or tv lines one for the kiddies and one for the adults. You can bet the kiddies sooner than later will be wanting what the parents/adults are watching more than the slag they are accustomed to.

It happens all the time too, when you think about say action figures for Gears of War, Halo, Dark Knight, etc. Those toys are marketed to kids yet they are not the target market for those media, weird eh?

Goaliebot
02-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy!

MORE BAYVERSE!!!! :primelaugh::clapping::primelaugh::clapping: