PDA

View Full Version : Dark of the Moon Human Alliance Soundwave & Deluxe Leadfoot, Wheeljack, and Soundwave

Super_Megatron
02-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Dark of the Moon Human Alliance Soundwave & Deluxe Leadfoot, Wheeljack, and Soundwave Cancelled (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/dark-of-the-moon-human-alliance-soundwave--deluxe-leadfoot-wheeljack-and-soundwave-cancelled-174383/)

Category: Transformers Movie Toys & Products

Posted From: TFW2005.COM (http://www.tfw2005.com) - Transformers (http://www.tfw2005.com)

Akroyer
02-12-2012, 05:40 PM
I just saw that, guess I'm getting a HA Leadfoot so I at least have a 'set' of wreckers represented. Too bad about Soundwave though. But I'm not paying Takara prices. I guess I won't have a movie Soundwave but for a lone legends ROTF one. Which is unfortunate, I liked his DOTM iteration in both modes. And the toy was decent looking, even though I had a few nits to pick with it.

shockwing
02-12-2012, 06:05 PM
I actually dont care, enough with movie figures, they are still hitting stores with the same old thing. all we got is 50 new Bumblebees and 30 more Optimus prime.

Sun Swipe Prime
02-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Feel bad for those who really really wanted these, but for me... shrug... lets get to the new generations stuff.

Grimlock4Prime
02-12-2012, 08:21 PM
I did want the HA Soundwave and to a lesser degree the deluxe Leadfoot. Maybe I'll be able to scrape together some trade fodder and find one around TFCon.

dak
02-12-2012, 08:35 PM
The one TF line I care about (movie Figs), figures. First there are no plans for this line beyond the initial release, (no major repaints, or re tools besides BB), then you cancel the LAST few figs to make the line incomplete... WTF!!! And no Leader update For Prime??? AND Skipping on highly wanted figures?? What the hell?

I freaking hope they make up for this in the trilogy line... more than just this Dlx Prime w/ trailer. (Couldn't even use the voyager version eh? how about ROTF Voyager with new abs and trailer? No?)

justprime
02-12-2012, 09:09 PM
typical Hasbro ,short changing us again and again, looking forward to seeing there profits down some more,.. with fools running marketing and sales,.... lets repaint another bumble bee or two and to hell with the people looking to complete there movie collection well guess its off to tomy for the pieces, sad part they didn't learn from the anger over cancelling animated stuff and will probably do the same with Prime.Good luck fellow collectors this really is not justprime

Akroyer
02-12-2012, 09:19 PM
I freaking hope they make up for this in the trilogy line... more than just this Dlx Prime w/ trailer. (Couldn't even use the voyager version eh? how about ROTF Voyager with new abs and trailer? No?)

I was under the impression that there was strangely no mention of the trilogy line at all. Just the picture of DOTM Deluxe Prime with trailer.

I was expecting to see these figs in that line, but with this news I was thinking this meant that was cancelled.

Any word on if the trilogy line is still happening?? I seen some speculation that this was only a cancellation for the U.S. and maybe it would still be released here or overseas. But then Takara apparently already released them. So they could have meant that.

Kinda confusing..

Cheers Ian
02-12-2012, 09:29 PM
I was pretty interested in that Soundwave, but I just can't justify paying 70+ dollars for a Human Alliance figure.

I'm hoping that we get another wave of Human Alliance figures in the "Movie Trilogy" line and they somehow manage to get Soundwave in that series.

Time will tell I guess...

Code of Honor
02-12-2012, 09:43 PM
While I am exhausted with the movie line, I did want some of these figures to complete the in movie characters. All these cancellations in last few years are really pissing me off, there have been some figures that I want on my shelves even as I slim down my collection. Surly an online retailer(s) would take the ever growing stock of cancelled toys so that the people that want them can get them.

justprime
02-12-2012, 09:50 PM
Considering that Que, Soundwave,weaponised Leadfoot were main on screen character's ,... got large amount of air time I would have thought that they would have seen a release here as opposed to other pieces that never appeared in the movie and easily could have been released under another tf brand at a later date,.. what the hell are they thinking,... maybe the U.S. market will scream loud enough to change this latest blunder.

Stapler
02-12-2012, 10:16 PM
I'm sure that these molds will find their way into the toyline of the next movie. I wouldn't worry too much about this.

Scrapper6
02-12-2012, 10:32 PM
I'm just going to say it, Hasbro has no idea how to run their Top Boys Franchise anymore. The Movie has made it grow to such a large size that now it's like Hasbro is the knight fighting the dragon, only instead of a dragon its a hydra and for every head they chop off six more take its place. (Yeah six, not three.)

Back in the days of Generation One Hasbro knew how to handle a big time toyline, as things have progressed they became so complacent with the planned two year toyline that they utterly fell flat when 2007 rolled around and Transformers became a break out hit with the general populace.

Fast Forward to now and they have begun to make more and more questionable decisions trying desperately to rein in their overblown monster. To the point where, instead of putting Soundwave, Que and Leadfoot into an earlier case assortment they have given in to the Retailers utterly stupid demands that Bumblebee and Prime be constantly on the shelves.

They make promises they never intend to keep, they waste valuable funds on producing figures (RTS Rumble, HA Leadfoot, Prime FE figures.) And then they either can't convince the stores to stock them or they mess up when production comes around in the numbers department.

Personally I find this move slightly frustrating as I really wanted Soundwave, Que and Leadfoot as part of my Mech Tech Deluxe collection. Now I'll either have to try and find the Takara versions at local toy shows or pray that Hasbro eventually releases them in the 'next' toyline. (And how long have we been waiting for Animated Blackout, RtS Rumble and the like? I don't consider my chances of seeing them do this very high at this point.)

Hasbro needs to wake up and stop dealing with their franchise like its going to keep running the same as it is now, because eventually its going to run itself into a wall if they aren't careful.

Undrave
02-12-2012, 11:31 PM
Yeah sooner or later its just going to turn into the 'Optimus Prime and Bumblebee' toyline -.-

SleeplessKnight
02-13-2012, 02:26 AM
Well... crap.

I was really looking forward to Soundwave.

Are there even any online stores out there that still have the Takara version in stock?

pandaprime
02-13-2012, 03:17 AM
Bollocks :argh:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bollocks

pulsedragon20
02-13-2012, 05:47 AM
I want my Soundwaves!!! Great...it's going to be fun to get all of them, I guess eBay it is

justprime
02-13-2012, 08:12 AM
AGAIN hasbro missed the beat , sales potential out the window they really need to hire a Transfan to help in there Transformers line marketing/sales division decissions,.. even an idiot would see that the cancellation of a N/A release of these paticular figures was a mistake, like you scrapper6 I am pissed off,... Hasbro has been doing this since G1 (thought about this for awhile) and almost every line since.
good luck finding these figures at the moment,.. Q jumped as much as 100.00 on the web, soundwave will be sure to follow and deluxe leadfoots already between the two. If Hasbro was even remotly worried about quartly profits you think they would want to keep the dedicated buyers interested, after all money is money even the pennies become dollars maybe a lesson they forgot Or maybe reminded by the current void of Prime toys stateside.

Ultra Maverick
02-13-2012, 10:02 AM
Had a feeling this was going to happen so I'm not all that surprised. Don't get me wrong, I'm still angry.

I'm sure we'll see these figures pop up again in the movie trilogy line, but how many bumblbees will we have to brave through before we do?

joshimus
02-13-2012, 10:37 AM
I have to say that I am VERY disappointed with this move. Ever since the scene in DOTM with Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave and Laserbeak I wanted Soundwave no matter how crappy the toy may be. Granted the Deluxe look ok at best and Ha is top heavy but I really wanted both of them.
I sent Hasbro a letter regarding this which I am sure will generate a typicial response showing how much they dont give a crap. I did mention to them why I think the DOTM line slowed down, for Canada at least.
Let's put it this way. We had many iterations of Bumblebee since movie 1.
- He's been pushed to death and felt like he was in EVERY single deluxe wave. First mistake.
- Mudflap and Skids. ROTF figures are still on the shelves. WHY would 2 repaints suddenly serve a financial purpose? If people aren't buying the ROTF deluxe then the repaints aren't gonna fly off shelves either
- Repaints and exclusives. They tormented the stores. TRU with their Trans Scanning, Walmart with an entire wall of Deluxe Prime...twice, plus other simple repaints of again, bumblebee sideswipe and other characters that have already seen at least ONE release.
- Stock. Speaking of lack of release, there were plenty of lulls where stores simply had no stock for anything new. When repaints and exclusive deluxes are plaguing shelves, how can you expect to release movie characters that have not had a release yet? Of coarse stores are gonna be hesitant cause they can't move repaint/exclusives stock.
So yeah, as far as deluxes go, there is no reason why Que, Dino and Soundwave should have waited so long for release. Hell, Hasbro should have released those toys for the DVD/Bluray release. It would have been perfect timing! New figures from the actual movie instead of repaints. It's a garanteed sale!!

Enough about Deluxes, what about HA?
Another simple answer. BB AGAIN and one of the Twins....Again...that wasn't selling to begin with...
It's a pretty easy answer why HA Soundwave never made it. Aside from Roadbuster it was the same ol' crap from ROTF. So again I am not surprised, VERY disappointed but not surprised.
Oh well

KBlurr
02-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Does this mean that we Canadians aren't getting HA Soundwave? Cause this would suck!

Everybody should start launching petitions and campaigns to get Hasbro to uncancel the line immediately!

Pascal
02-13-2012, 11:13 AM
It's time to move on, Prime is the new line to promote. DOTM is dead.

crimbot
02-13-2012, 11:31 AM
I'm not really upset about cancellaing the DOTM line, I don't care for it that much. I'm glad to see it go actually.

BUT.. It really would have been nice to have gotten all 3 wreckers. Noit the 3 as they are, but all wreckers weaponized in the same size class. I know that I'm beating a dead horse, but I think that is the big missed opportunity of the movie line. Other than that, let it die.

Vain
02-13-2012, 11:34 AM
What the shit, the only reason why I got deluxe topspin and the sub par Roadbuster was so I could have the trio!

Only reason I got Dotm megs is so I could display him with Dotm Soundwave.

Bloody hell,good thing I didn't go further past that.

joshimus
02-13-2012, 12:43 PM
Does this mean that we Canadians aren't getting HA Soundwave? Cause this would suck!

Everybody should start launching petitions and campaigns to get Hasbro to uncancel the line immediately!
I'd be happy if they at least put the toys online with a 2 per limit so that scalpers cant buy them out but gives others a chance to have the figures.

Team Jetfire
02-13-2012, 01:03 PM
That sucks. I would have liked to get HA Soundwave and Que.

DOTM is quickly becoming my least favorite Transformers Toy line, and that is saying a lot because I have collected everything since beastwars.

Hasbro's stratigy for DOTM toys is absolutley Mindblowing.

Goaliebot
02-13-2012, 01:04 PM
Bah, this stinks. I'd really like a Soundwave (both actually) and Deluxe Leadfoot. Ah well, they now move into the pile of "maybe some day I'll overpay for em" TFs along with TFA Blackout and others.

joshimus
02-13-2012, 01:05 PM
I was still really hoping for a Leader Class DOTM Megatron that didn't suck. instead we still have a mediocre Voyager. Movieverse Megatron keeps getting shafted in the toy dept. Now I just have to be annoyed that I cant get my Soundwaves.

Zeusguy
02-13-2012, 02:01 PM
My understanding is that Hasbro didn't cancel the line so much as retailers refused to buy them. It is also my understanding that these items have been produced already and are probably sitting in one of Hasbros warehouses somewhere waiting for a home. I'm willing to bet we'll see these guys show up in droves at Winners in the future.

Pascal
02-13-2012, 02:17 PM
They never got ordered, so they probably never got produced for the US market, just like FE Voyagers. Only countries who ordered them got them produced and distributed.

StaticShin27
02-13-2012, 02:25 PM
Was a deluxe hasbro leadfoot produced at least then? (assuming so from the reviews by some people) because afaik, Takara's has no logos.

Pascal
02-13-2012, 02:28 PM
Nope. Only version available is the logo-less Takara version.

Alexander Quinn
02-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Dear Hasbro,
You have an online store for a reason. Learn how to f*cking use it properly.
Sincerely,
the mountain of unreleased toys sitting in your warehouses.

Toilettron
02-13-2012, 06:01 PM
So, Hasbro has cancelled the rest of the movie figures. So what does that leave the HA Soundwave?
It was cancelled in US but continuing in Canada and Asia
[/URL][url]http://tformers.com/transformers-toy-fair-2012-hasbro-cancels/17186/news.html (http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=408421)

Does that mean we'll see them arriving in Canada soon?

Team Jetfire
02-13-2012, 06:15 PM
Interesting if true.

Toilettron
02-13-2012, 06:49 PM
Well, to be honest. I really don't care about anything else, Human Alliance Soundwave.

Just mainly that I really want, that's all, but I can't seem to piece any of this together.

razin
02-13-2012, 07:21 PM
Well if that's the case, time to get our scalp on! USA getting screwed again and again lately!
At least I can almost complete my DOTM line then, minus dlx Leadfoot.

(the scalping comment's a joke, settle down)

bubbacon
02-13-2012, 07:58 PM
I have to say that I am VERY disappointed with this move. Ever since the scene in DOTM with Megatron, Starscream, Soundwave and Laserbeak I wanted Soundwave no matter how crappy the toy may be. Granted the Deluxe look ok at best and Ha is top heavy but I really wanted both of them.
I sent Hasbro a letter regarding this which I am sure will generate a typicial response showing how much they dont give a crap. I did mention to them why I think the DOTM line slowed down, for Canada at least.
Let's put it this way. We had many iterations of Bumblebee since movie 1.
- He's been pushed to death and felt like he was in EVERY single deluxe wave. First mistake.
- Mudflap and Skids. ROTF figures are still on the shelves. WHY would 2 repaints suddenly serve a financial purpose? If people aren't buying the ROTF deluxe then the repaints aren't gonna fly off shelves either
- Repaints and exclusives. They tormented the stores. TRU with their Trans Scanning, Walmart with an entire wall of Deluxe Prime...twice, plus other simple repaints of again, bumblebee sideswipe and other characters that have already seen at least ONE release.
- Stock. Speaking of lack of release, there were plenty of lulls where stores simply had no stock for anything new. When repaints and exclusive deluxes are plaguing shelves, how can you expect to release movie characters that have not had a release yet? Of coarse stores are gonna be hesitant cause they can't move repaint/exclusives stock.
So yeah, as far as deluxes go, there is no reason why Que, Dino and Soundwave should have waited so long for release. Hell, Hasbro should have released those toys for the DVD/Bluray release. It would have been perfect timing! New figures from the actual movie instead of repaints. It's a garanteed sale!!

Enough about Deluxes, what about HA?
Another simple answer. BB AGAIN and one of the Twins....Again...that wasn't selling to begin with...
It's a pretty easy answer why HA Soundwave never made it. Aside from Roadbuster it was the same ol' crap from ROTF. So again I am not surprised, VERY disappointed but not surprised.
Oh well

You hit the nail right on the head with this. Very poor planning and distribution on Hasbro's part, YET AGAIN.

Akroyer
02-13-2012, 08:17 PM
Bah, this stinks. I'd really like a Soundwave (both actually) and Deluxe Leadfoot. Ah well, they now move into the pile of "maybe some day I'll overpay for em" TFs along with TFA Blackout and others.

Sounds like what I was originally thinking as well. I had only wanted to get a Deluxe Soundwave and Leadfoot, and call it a day for DOTM. But I won't pay the prices that the Takara Deluxes are going for, so for those prices I'll go for the Human Alliance instead. Even though Leadfoot won't be weaponized =( But he has Steeljaw =) Can't decide what is better.. lol

And I forgot about TFA Blackout =(

Toilettron
02-13-2012, 08:37 PM
Okay. That's nice. I don't care personally about Deluxe, I want realism and detail.
Given, why did Hasbro release that awful joke Megs while we all deserved something better like the Chronicles one.
I've got one, and yes I must I'm not a fan of Megatron but the toy is way cool.

I would have loved to see if a Leader Class Shockwave was coming, but it's doesn't bother me too much.

justprime
02-13-2012, 08:55 PM
I STILL BLAME Hasbro not the retailers,.. Hasbro choise to repaint bee at least three times as well as mudflap, skids,sideswipe,arcee,jazz, screamer, prime four times, Ha sideswipe twice, and bee/sam again, add to this figures like skyhammer etc.. that were not even in the movie and could be released under any TF banner at a later date,.. they could have easily put actual new movie figures(Que, soundwave etc..) into the first/second release. again broken promises and miss truths,.. no regard for the people that actully collect there lines.

Darkroar
02-13-2012, 09:05 PM
Even if the figures do hit Canada, it's overall bad news... People will just scalp all the figures to the US and we may never see the figures we're looking for anyway...

I never did find a Bulkhead...

I don't care much for the movie line, but I've got a shelf of Soundwave figures that I'd like to add these two Soundwaves to. I also feel bad for people who wanted all the wreckers (although I wasn't one of them).

I think this is kind of a dangerous game if they want to keep collectors like myself. I don't mind occassionally paying a premium for something, but once it becomes hard to get a lot of what I consider main figures, I will probably lose interest. I was collecting different things many years ago and once it became hard to get those figures I eventually said screw it and stopped collecting.

Oh, and I still would like Animated Wasp... :)

Grimlock4Prime
02-13-2012, 09:13 PM
They definitely screwed the pooch with case assortments for the large HA figures. Ever store I got into has 2-6 or more BBs from either HFTD or DOTM along with DOTM Skids. You don't see Jazz or Barricade. They really need to stop having BB and OP carry the brand so much and give other characters a chance.

Toilettron
02-13-2012, 09:26 PM
I have the wreckers:raisetheroof:

justprime
02-13-2012, 09:29 PM
Darkroar I agree 100% I have been collecting this line since 84 all of the toys up to the Live action movie 2 when i became vary selective due to short packs vs repaints( have to wonder the logic behind a short pack do they think we like to pay large amounts of cash out for there lazyiness and then buy more product) this is not the first time Hasbro pulled this crap been doing it since end line G1 when they didn't send the last three tf sets to Canada, and they wonder why there quarterlys down,the states,... there biggest market will not like this either and I await to see the anger broadcast there, maybe another appoligie......
But you are right it takes the fun out of collecting and can discourage further purchases and interest I am sure hasbro dosn't care little johnny will make up the collectors difference and spend that 1000.00 or more a year on there product.