PDA

View Full Version : RID Voyager Megatron in hand

Viper_Prime
02-02-2012, 11:43 AM
This week I got my RID Prime voyager Megatron that I bought off ebay uk.

The figure is great, next to my FE Prime their almost at eye level.

The only real complaint I have about it is when you try to rotate the shoulders: the ball joint is angled so you can't just raise his arm up you have angle it so that the slit at the top of the arm matches up with the angle of the ball joint; it's not that bad but it's there.

I may put some pics up but all I got is a cellphone camera so they wont be all that good

Big Filipino
02-08-2012, 05:38 PM
I picked up this toy and it rocks! It's too bad that the current wave only has 1 Megatron to every 3 Optimus.

Nomad
02-11-2012, 08:04 AM
Well, at least he doesn't suffer from the Bulkhead availability, hah

Ozrein
02-11-2012, 02:29 PM
I also recently got this figure and I really like him. My only complaint would be with the shoulders, however it's really not much if a problem and he's almost the same height as FE Voyager Prime which is what I was really wanting out of him. The deluxe version is nice and all but way too small.

alternatorfan
02-11-2012, 03:12 PM
well I traded fe bulkhead and cj for RID wheeljack and megatron they are on their way

Nomad
02-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Well me, I like the the voyager's mold & size better than the deluxe. The back kibble is more favorable, and I like how he's in scale with Voyager Prime. As far as minor things go, I also like how his leg panels don't get broken up with as many panel lines, and the gauntlet thing is a nice touch because of how it evens up the visual balance.

However at the same time, the deluxe has much nicer look overall, namely with the paint. Since collections are highly visual to me, this is pretty big. Along with that, I vastly prefer its weapon to the voyager's big giant gun, and tend to like deluxe sized figured better in general. As such, this would be my pick if I didn't so much care about scale or how it looked in terms of the entire cast.

... in other words, I like both of them, and I'm still undecided on which one I'll get. It'll mostly depend on how I wanna have everything displayed, so that's definitely something I'd consider. Cost & availability will also be factors, but since both of them are in most people's price range as it is, I tend to leave that outa the equation (or bring it up at the beginning or end) in terms of figure to figure comparisons.

Pascal
03-03-2012, 11:49 PM
I got all 3 Prime Megatron figures and I still think the deluxe version is the best.

Nomad
03-04-2012, 12:02 AM
I really like my deluxe too (easily in tier 1.5 along with voyager FE Prime & FE Vehicon), but I still might get the voyager anyway, especially if I can catch it on sale at some point.

Delta-Raven
04-04-2012, 05:47 PM
The only think I feel this figure needs, besides a shinier paint job, is bicep swivels. Other than that, I'm very very happy with him.

dougman
04-04-2012, 06:42 PM
well I traded fe bulkhead and cj for RID wheeljack and megatron they are on their way

O_O
I would have taken that bulkhead and cj without even blinking in that trade.